PDA

View Full Version : Gohmert Believes Priebus is behind Threatening Tweet

AuH20
03-30-2017, 11:52 AM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gohmert-suspects-priebus-authored-trump-anti-freedom-caucus-tweet/article/2618890

House Freedom Caucus member Louie Gohmert said he suspects White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus authored President Trump's Thursday tweet threatening the HFC with 2018 political repercussions, and he warned that wiping out the faction could hurt Trump eventually.

Gohmert, R-Texas, said Trump may regret the tweet, since many of the same lawmakers came to his defense when others attacked him.

"I hope the president will realize the friends his tweet condemns are actually the ones that stood by him and were very vociferous in defending him in October when all of the Republican elected leaders in the House were abandoning him," Gohmert said.

"So, I hope he'll remember and realize if he weakens and hurts those who stood with him when our leadership was coming after him, we may not be around to help him during future assaults, which I think could be at the bottom of some of the demonizing of conservatives in the House."

Trump on Thursday tweeted "we must fight," the Freedom Caucus in the 2018 elections, "if they don't get on the team & fast."

EBounding
03-30-2017, 11:58 AM
That's right. Poor Mr. Trump is trapped and powerless.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. 5iTTln6eTz7x29344dWsswEsC3%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 12:00 PM
So Priebus is Trump's "ghostwriter?" Lol.

EBounding
03-30-2017, 12:25 PM
So Priebus is Trump's "ghostwriter?" Lol.

Which would be even worse. It means Trump trusts Reince more than most people.

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:26 PM
Which would be even worse. It means Trump trusts Reince more than most people.

Or, he is giving Rinse enough rope to hang himself with.

Wouldn't it be great to see both Pubis and Paul Ryan goners??

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 12:35 PM

Because Trump just can't simply fire him. :rolleyes: Does Gohmert have any intel to back this up, or is he simply throwing a barb at Priebus and giving Trump a way out after he (Trump) stuck his foot in his mouth?

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:41 PM
Because Trump just can't simply fire him. :rolleyes:

That would defeat the purpose of why he hired him (do you even know why he hired him?)

Does Gohmert have any intel to back this up, or is he simply throwing a barb at Priebus and giving Trump a way out after he (Trump) stuck his foot in his mouth?

Doesn't matter, if Trump wrote it my explanation is totally plausible and much more likely than Trump changed his mind and is going to start trying to un-seat freedom caucus members.

If Trump didn't write it, then that gives Trump ammo to fire Rinse Pubis, which I am pretty sure he wants to get over with as soon as possible which may be why he gave him control of his twitter account.

CPUd
03-30-2017, 12:43 PM
Maybe it was the deep state lumberjacks who intercepted the tweet and chopped it down, replacing it with another.

timosman
03-30-2017, 12:43 PM
We are officially in the make believe territory.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 01:13 PM
That would defeat the purpose of why he hired him (do you even know why he hired him?)

You obviously know everything so why are you asking a question? :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter, if Trump wrote it my explanation is totally plausible and much more likely than Trump changed his mind and is going to start trying to un-seat freedom caucus members.

Right. All that matters is keeping your belief system intact. Gotcha.

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 01:47 PM
We are officially in the make believe territory.

Yes. Yes, we are.

Swordsmyth
03-30-2017, 03:15 PM

By letting him put words in his mouth? (That is so unsanitary)