PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Trump supporter or a Freedom Caucus supporter?

William Tell
03-30-2017, 11:11 AM
Trump declared war on the Freedom Caucus today and asked voters to campaign against Justin Amash, Dave Brat, etc. Pick a side.

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:12 AM
I predict there will not be enough options in the poll.

Trump Calls House Freedom Caucus ‘Friends,’ Predicts ‘What’s Going to Come … Is a Better Bill’

Melissa Quinn (http://dailysignal.com/author/melissa-quinn/) / @MelissaQuinn97 (http://twitter.com/MelissaQuinn97) / March 24, 2017 /

http://dailysignal.com/2017/03/24/trump-calls-house-freedom-caucus-friends-says-health-care-bill-was-hard-vote-for-them/

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 11:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/W9UvbyT.jpg

Vs.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZC9uiIWAAExFY2.jpg:medium

Pretty easy choice.

specsaregood
03-30-2017, 11:16 AM
http://dailysignal.com/2017/03/24/trump-calls-house-freedom-caucus-friends-says-health-care-bill-was-hard-vote-for-them/

TrumpCuck uses week old quote to dispute brand new quote directly from chief cucks fingers.

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:17 AM
TrumpCuck uses week old quote to dispute brand new quote directly from chief cucks fingers.

Ok, so what happened between then and now to change his mind? Of course the real reason I believe the quote from a week ago is because Rand corroborated it.

I'm way more concerned about Trump's actions than his words.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 11:18 AM

A) That's from March 24. The tweet was from March 30th.

B) Tweets are how Trump expresses official policy.

C) Time to wake up and smell the betrayal Dannno.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 11:18 AM
Ok, so what happened between then and now to change his mind? Of course the real reason I believe the quote from a week ago is because Rand corroborated it.

You mean like his actions of escalating wars around the world?

shakey1
03-30-2017, 11:20 AM
I think Rand & Co has our interests at heart most of the time. Trump attacks anybody that would oppose his current narrative.

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2015/09/16/Rand_c53-0-1277-714_s885x516.jpg?8f7be1a755bab0e259b3199021bfba033 0628e5f

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:21 AM
A) That's from March 24. The tweet was from March 30th.

What significant event do you believe changed his mind? Nothing that I'm aware of. Rand corroborated his March 24 statements, I trust Rand. Trump says all kinds of things.

B) Tweets are how Trump expresses official policy.

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/mr_chang_senor_chang_laugh_spits_milk.gif

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:22 AM

We all knew that was going to happen, Trump ran on escalating the war with ISIS. In short time, we should see a much more peaceful and humble foreign policy and friendlier relations with other nations.

twomp
03-30-2017, 11:25 AM

Some people won't believe their spouse is cheating on them unless they walk in on them being fkced! Or maybe it's battered wife syndrome. He beats me because he loves me. The delusion is strong in this one...

twomp
03-30-2017, 11:26 AM
We all knew that was going to happen, Trump ran on escalating the war with ISIS. In short time, we should see a much more peaceful and humble foreign policy and friendlier relations with other nations.

How many ISIS are in Yemen? #delusions

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:27 AM
Some people won't believe their spouse is cheating on them unless they walk in on them being fkced! Or maybe it's battered wife syndrome. He beats me because he loves me. The delusion is strong in this one...

So you are saying nothing happened between March 24 and today that would have changed Trump's mind about being friends with the freedom caucus? Then what made him change his mind? Or do you not believe him when he said he was friends with them? If you didn't believe that, then why this?

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:27 AM
How many ISIS are in Yemen? #delusions

Question reversed.

(might wanna read this)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant_%E2%80%93_Yem en_Province

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 11:31 AM

You still have not voted. All you ever do is support Trump on this forum. Go ahead and pick "I am a Trump supporter."

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:35 AM
You still have not voted. All you ever do is support Trump on this forum. Go ahead and pick "I am a Trump supporter."

No, I support Rand, which is why I feel the way I do about this situation.. the poll is completely flawed and assumes that Donald Trump is telling the truth in his tweet and is enemies with the freedom caucus. I don't buy it.

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 11:37 AM
No, I support Rand, which is why I feel the way I do about this situation.. the poll is completely flawed and assumes that Donald Trump is telling the truth in his tweet and is enemies with the freedom caucus. I don't buy it.

Then click on "I stand with Rand the freedom caucus and their allies." It's really a simple poll. Though I can understand where you might have trouble with it.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 11:41 AM
I would love to hear what LibertyEagle thinks about all this.

Ender
03-30-2017, 11:42 AM

Wait, I'm confused.

Trump is lying except when he isn't?

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 11:42 AM
What significant event do you believe changed his mind? Nothing that I'm aware of. Rand corroborated his March 24 statements, I trust Rand.

Trump says all kinds of things. He changes on a daily basis. I trust Rand. I don't trust Trump and at this point I don't trust your judgment. It's full of wishful thinking. We'll see what Rand says in response.

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/mr_chang_senor_chang_laugh_spits_milk.gif

Okay wiseass. How do you keep up with what Trump's policies are? You keep throwing out bullshyt. The press secretary says they're going to crack down on pot. You say that doesn't matter because Trump didn't say it. Jeff Sessions says the same thing. You say it doesn't matter because Trump didn't say it. Now we can't take Trump's tweets at face value? So Trump's policy is whatever you want to believe it is at the moment?

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 11:43 AM

Appropriate use of that meme.

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:51 AM
Then click on "I stand with Rand the freedom caucus and their allies." It's really a simple poll. Though I can understand where you might have trouble with it.

I have no issue choosing that option, it's just that I saw it as a flawed poll so I chose not to participate. Would it make you feel better if I did?

William Tell
03-30-2017, 11:53 AM
I don't know dannno, I'm starting to think you have actually just been trolling us all along. I mean how can you even?

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 11:54 AM
I have no issue choosing that option, it's just that I saw it as a flawed poll so I chose not to participate. Would it make you feel better if I did?

Kinda the point in a thread with a poll. Dontcha think?

Todd

Ouch..

Bravo.....Excelsior.

William Tell

You have no idea how much better I'd feel, man.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 11:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/W9UvbyT.jpg

Vs.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZC9uiIWAAExFY2.jpg:medium

Pretty easy choice.

MAGA!

klamath
03-30-2017, 01:34 PM
I voted for the freedom caucus but with the exception of those FC members that were loud mouth Trump supporters. Those I don't support. Rand, Lee, Massie, Amish ect. YES!

dannno
03-30-2017, 01:37 PM
I voted for the freedom caucus but with the exception of those FC members that were loud mouth Trump supporters. Those I don't support. Rand, Lee, Massie, Amish ect. YES!

Massie wants Trump to go for a second term.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 02:37 PM
Massie wants Trump to go for a second term.

You mean the quote where he said We're afraid he'll be a one term president?

1: out of context and not really accurate.

2: that was before Trump said the Freedom Caucus are just as much his foe as the Dems.

Dr.3D
03-30-2017, 02:45 PM

But he's just trying to get our freedoms back. Those people around the world have taken them and we need to get them back.

/s

ronpaulhawaii
03-30-2017, 02:53 PM

What message is he sending by leaving the troops in Poland? You know, the ones Obama sent in just before leaving office... I kept hearing fear-mongering about Hillary escalating with Russia, but Trump is allowing that same sabre-rattling to continue, as well.

Wait, I'm confused.

Trump is lying except when he isn't?

lulz

Okay wiseass. How do you keep up with what Trump's policies are? You keep throwing out bullshyt. The press secretary says they're going to crack down on pot. You say that doesn't matter because Trump didn't say it. Jeff Sessions says the same thing. You say it doesn't matter because Trump didn't say it. Now we can't take Trump's tweets at face value? So Trump's policy is whatever you want to believe it is at the moment?

Good question

Anti Federalist
03-30-2017, 02:53 PM
That Obama "repeal" bill was a dog's breakfast, a dumpster fire, a POS.

Trump doesn't have the political capital to be making more enemies right now.

Pass Mo Brooks' one line ObamaCare repeal and be done with it.

Worthless GOP.

kcchiefs6465
03-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Goddamn you are dumb.

Swordsmyth
If we pretend for a moment, that Dumps behavior can be explained by the "Double Agent" theory, it becomes increasingly unclear which side is his "Real Side".

Anti Federalist
Rep. Dave Brat on Trump’s Anti-House Freedom Caucus Tweets: ‘I Don’t Know Who Has His Ear’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/30/rep-dave-brat-trumps-anti-house-freedom-caucus-tweets-dont-know-ear/

by Neil W. McCabe 30 Mar 2017

Virginia Republican Rep. Dave Brat told reporters in a hallway just off the House floor that he is confused by President Donald Trump’s tweets attacking the House Freedom Caucus for hindering the president’s agenda—specifically the American Health Care Act, or Ryancare.

“I don’t know who has his ear,” said Brat, who is a member of the House Freedom Caucus and was part of the HFC team negotiating with the White House and the House Republican leadership to amend the Ryancare bill.

“I don’t think he is hearing that we are trying to serve him a victory–right?–Right now, this bill is at 17 percent in the polls, and that’s not a winner.”

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) pulled the bill from the House floor Friday minutes before it was sure to be defeated.

The Ryancare bill is a modification of the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act that created Obamacare. Although it was pulled from the floor, it is still active legislation and subject to manager’s amendments from the chairmen of the Ways and Means, Energy and Commerce, and Budget committees, as well as changes made by the House Rules Committee, which reports the bill to the House floor with its final language.

Brat said the key to fixing the American Health Care Act is to correct Obamacare provisions that drove up premiums, but in the current language in the Ryancare bill, premiums would still go up 10 percent or 15 percent.

“Right now, no young person can go out and buy a cheap insurance policy–by law,” he said. “The federal regulations and mandates prevent you from shopping across state lines, which President Trump campaigned on.”

The president campaigned all over the country and told every arena audience that he would repeal Obamacare.

Brat said the House Freedom Caucus is staying true to the president’s campaign promises, which were not reflected in the Ryancare bill.

Another problem with the speaker’s bill was that it was rushed through in a process that took only three weeks from Ryan releasing the text of the bill to what would have been a vote on the House floor.

“If you have a good process, it will result in a good policy; and then, that’s good politics,” he said.

dannno
03-30-2017, 03:09 PM
What message is he sending by leaving the troops in Poland? You know, the ones Obama sent in just before leaving office... I kept hearing fear-mongering about Hillary escalating with Russia, but Trump is allowing that same sabre-rattling to continue, as well.

That is a valid criticism, but getting troops out of Poland is not one of my top priorities. It is definitely up there in the list of priorities, but let's just say I'm not willing to go back to having someone like Hillary or Bush for President just because Trump isn't pure enough to remove the troops from Poland.

I want to see the troops come out of the Middle East when Trump realizes the whole thing is an abject failure. That is one of my very top priorities.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 03:11 PM
If we pretend for a moment, that Dumps behavior can be explained by the "Double Agent" theory, it becomes increasingly unclear which side is his "Real Side".

LOL. ^This!

dannno
03-30-2017, 03:13 PM
Goddamn you are dumb.

I am dumb because I knew that Trump was going to escalate our military conflict with ISIS when he became President because he said he was going to? Or am I dumb for realizing he is our best hope of de-escalating our conflicts with other sovereign nations, nation building, etc? Because I'm pretty sure both of those things are 100% correct.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 03:15 PM
That is a valid criticism, but getting troops out of Poland is not one of my top priorities. It is definitely up there in the list of priorities, but let's just say I'm not willing to go back to having someone like Hillary or Bush for President just because Trump isn't pure enough to remove the troops from Poland.

So....holding Trump to account when his administration does anti liberty things like increased TSA groping = willing to have someone like Hillary or Bush for president? How long have your logic circuits been busted?

I want to see the troops come out of the Middle East when Trump realizes the whole thing is an abject failure. That is one of my very top priorities.

And how many people have to die before Trump realizes what any honest and thinking person knew years ago? Seriously, the only appeal that I had regarding Trump is that since he attacked the Iraq war so much that he had some common freaking sense. If he understood that Bush made a mistake with regards to foreign policy then why does he have to repeat it?

Origanalist
03-30-2017, 03:26 PM
You have no idea how much better I'd feel, man.

Not sure I want to.

Origanalist
03-30-2017, 03:30 PM

This poll does not need more options.

dannno
03-30-2017, 03:31 PM
So....holding Trump to account when his administration does anti liberty things like increased TSA groping = willing to have someone like Hillary or Bush for president? How long have your logic circuits been busted?

It's the same logic circuit you are using in the Christie thread. If Trump can lower taxes, get our economy on track, shut down vast swaths of the government and eventually give us a more peaceful foreign policy, then that is much better than the alternative of allowing the deep state to take us further back in every direction.

“This standardized pat-down procedure continues to utilize enhanced security measures implemented several months ago, and does not involve any different areas of the body than were screened in the previous standard pat-down procedure,” says Mike England, a TSA spokesman.

So what, exactly, is the TSA doing differently? It’s difficult to quantify

And how many people have to die before Trump realizes what any honest and thinking person knew years ago? Seriously, the only appeal that I had regarding Trump is that since he attacked the Iraq war so much that he had some common freaking sense. If he understood that Bush made a mistake with regards to foreign policy then why does he have to repeat it?

Some people who Trump trusts have given him the idea that our foreign policy was bad because it wasn't executed properly, and others have made the argument that it was a mistake. Trump doesn't know the answer, but he appears to want to try both. But I just don't see Trump carrying on and on with these conflicts for too long, if they are failing, then he will perform some final maneuvers against ISIS, claim victory and largely end much of our conflicts.

dannno
03-30-2017, 03:33 PM
This poll does not need more options.

Sure it does, how about "both"?

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 03:36 PM
It's the same logic circuit you are using in the Christie thread. If Trump can lower taxes, get our economy on track, shut down vast swaths of the government and eventually give us a more peaceful foreign policy, then that is much better than the alternative of allowing the deep state to take us further back in every direction.

No it's not. Not even close. In that thread I'm specifically giving Christie and Trump the benefit of the doubt for actually doing the right thing. I'm not excusing Trump's back actions based on wishful thinking regarding what he might do in the future. But your lack of ability to come up with a correct analogy in the thread on the recent FCC privacy rule might be related to your busted logic circuit here as you are once again making a false analogy.

Some people who Trump trusts have given him the idea that our foreign policy was bad because it wasn't executed properly, and others have made the argument that it was a mistake.

Trump's claim to fame was supposed to be that he could surround himself with the "best people." Apparently that's a fail on his part.

Trump doesn't know the answer, but he appears to want to try both.

And your evidence that he's trying "both" is what exactly?

oyarde
03-30-2017, 03:41 PM
That Obama "repeal" bill was a dog's breakfast, a dumpster fire, a POS.

Trump doesn't have the political capital to be making more enemies right now.

Pass Mo Brooks' one line ObamaCare repeal and be done with it.

Worthless GOP.

Trumps disagreements with any members of freedom caucus should be privately discussed . Effing commie Dems can always be unified on everything .

kcchiefs6465
03-30-2017, 03:44 PM
I am dumb because I knew that Trump was going to escalate our military conflict with ISIS when he became President because he said he was going to? Or am I dumb for realizing he is our best hope of de-escalating our conflicts with other sovereign nations, nation building, etc? Because I'm pretty sure both of those things are 100% correct.
The latter.

I like how you threw in the qualifier too. The best hope?

Let me try.

Seeing how Congress is nothing but a bunch of worthless whores and the president acts on his own accord, Donald Trump is now the only hope for de-escalating conflicts with other sovereign nations.

Of course, anyone who is not, forgive me for reiterating, goddamn dumb, knows that he will be bombing sovereign nations until he is out of office.

Their actions, precisely the sort that Trump boasts about, created ISIS. There will always be a boogeyman. Likewise there will always be an authoritarian to talk tough making the sheep feel safe and special and proud to be "protected."

Being here as long as you have been here, how do you not understand this?

dannno
03-30-2017, 03:47 PM
The latter.

I like how you threw in the qualifier too. The best hope?

Let me try.

Seeing how Congress is nothing but a bunch of worthless whores and the president acts on his own accord, Donald Trump is now the only hope for de-escalating conflicts with other sovereign nations.

Of course, anyone who is not, forgive me for reiterating, goddamn dumb, knows that he will be bombing sovereign nations until he is out of office.

Their actions, precisely the sort that Trump boasts about, created ISIS. There will always be a boogeyman. Likewise there will always be an authoritarian to talk tough making the sheep feel safe and special and proud to be "protected."

Being here as long as you have been here, how do you not understand this?

I understood that was the case, until the establishment came out and viciously attacked Trump every day for 2 years. If you want to take the mainstream media's side, go ahead.. I'll take my chances backing Trump, we will see who comes out ahead.

Ender
03-30-2017, 03:48 PM

But...... Trump said he knows more than the generals. :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kul34O_yMLs

kcchiefs6465
03-30-2017, 03:54 PM
I understood that was the case, until the establishment came out and viciously attacked Trump every day for 2 years. If you want to take the mainstream media's side, go ahead.. I'll take my chances backing Trump, we will see who comes out ahead.
For one, they made it apparent that it was a race between two people, Trump and Hillary. They didn't black out his entire existence, they promoted his name endlessly. Do you see the difference?

For two, I would only piss on the MSM if the fire was already out.

Lastly, the American people won't come out ahead but good for them. They deserve it.

Swordsmyth
03-30-2017, 03:57 PM

Brer CNN says PLEASE don't throw me in that briar patch!

dannno
03-30-2017, 04:08 PM
For one, they made it apparent that it was a race between two people, Trump and Hillary. They didn't black out his entire existence, they promoted his name endlessly. Do you see the difference?

I saw them endlessly lie and attack Trump on a daily basis, saying that he had no chance of winning, every single day whatever Trump said was going to "end his campaign".

If they wanted him to win so bad, then they would have cut it out after the election. But they didn't. They are going just as hard as ever, they are looking for anything to get him impeached. They are putting out endless scrolls of anti-Russian propaganda.

I'm not saying you are wrong, it just doesn't seem very likely that the MSM would put their entire credibility on the line to try and get rid of somebody who they actually wanted as President, and then continued to do so after he was elected. If you can give me a good explanation, I'm all ears. I've asked this question many times and have never received a satisfactory answer.

Why are TheCount, zip and CPUd so anti-Trump? Sorry, I just don't see how taking the side of the deep state on this one is going to be helpful.

I didn't consider myself a Trump supporter until after the election.. I didn't vote for him. When Trump actually pulled it off, the media continued their attacks, and escalated all the Russian bullshit after the election, I became a Trump supporter. For one, he is the President, and even Rand and Ron have agree he says some good things on some issues from time to time. So I am hoping we will see as positive an outcome as possible.

As far as the other possibilities or hopes, I'm talking about Jeb Bush or Hillary or someone who could or could have actually won POTUS. Trump was the only one talking about a more humble foreign policy, and he isn't a media darling or an establishment stooge like George W Bush.

Swordsmyth
03-30-2017, 04:12 PM
If they wanted him to win so bad, then they would have cut it out after the election. But they didn't. They are going just as hard as ever, they are looking for anything to get him impeached. They are putting out endless scrolls of anti-Russian propaganda.

I'm not saying you are wrong, it just doesn't seem very likely that the MSM would put their entire credibility on the line to try and get rid of somebody who they actually wanted as President, and then continued to do so after he was elected. If you can give me a good explanation, I'm all ears. I've asked this question many times and have never received a satisfactory answer.

Their Credibility is not just zero but negative, so they use it backward.

nikcers
03-30-2017, 04:16 PM
I saw them endlessly lie and attack Trump on a daily basis, saying that he had no chance of winning, every single day whatever Trump said was going to "end his campaign"..
2 billion dollars in free advertising. The John Podesta emails outed Trump, the jig is up Danno. You fell for the pied piper.

03-30-2017, 04:21 PM
So Trump has now come out against freedom? That didn't take long did it? I figured he would pretend for at least a year or two.

dannno
03-30-2017, 04:38 PM
Their Credibility is not just zero but negative, so they use it backward.

That is the best theory I've heard so far, but I don't know if I buy it.

Swordsmyth
03-30-2017, 04:55 PM
That is the best theory I've heard so far, but I don't know if I buy it.

Time will tell, but Dump looks worse and worse lately.

afwjam
03-30-2017, 04:57 PM
Don't just vote, show some real support and donate.

https://causes.anedot.com/justin-amash?source_code=home

https://secure.thomasmassie.com/

$20.18 for the 2018 election.

CPUd
03-30-2017, 04:57 PM
https://twitter.com/Raul_Labrador/status/847515746481713152

liveandletlive
03-30-2017, 05:03 PM
Trump has survived 6 bankruptcies, 2 marriages and 1 tape of him saying he grabs pussy! He's winner! Stand by your man, boys

Dr.3D
03-30-2017, 05:03 PM
Seems obvious, Trump doesn't think the Republican agenda is freedom.

The Rebel Poet
03-30-2017, 05:32 PM

Appropriate use of that meme.
Beat me to it AND I'm outta rep.

kcchiefs6465
03-30-2017, 05:41 PM
I saw them endlessly lie and attack Trump on a daily basis, saying that he had no chance of winning, every single day whatever Trump said was going to "end his campaign".

Why are TheCount, zip and CPUd so anti-Trump? Sorry, I just don't see how taking the side of the deep state on this one is going to be helpful.

I didn't consider myself a Trump supporter until after the election.. I didn't vote for him. When Trump actually pulled it off, the media continued their attacks, and escalated all the Russian bullshit after the election, I became a Trump supporter. For one, he is the President, and even Rand and Ron have agree he says some good things on some issues from time to time. So I am hoping we will see as positive an outcome as possible.

As far as the other possibilities or hopes, I'm talking about Jeb Bush or Hillary or someone who could or could have actually won POTUS. Trump was the only one talking about a more humble foreign policy, and he isn't a media darling or an establishment stooge like George W Bush.
Honesty Danno this is full of fail. I am typing on a phone or I'd go point by point on it. Regardless, you aren't going to change your opinion and neither am I. If the media spoke negatively, especially social justice fagqots about someone it would cause a lot of people to look into that person. Add in those who toe the party line and those who are enamored by his persona and what do you know, the "anti-establishment" nominee won. Who could have predicted that running against someone who is universally hated could be successful? Truth be told though, I didn't expect him to win.

Every issue he is bad on or at the least confused.

Why more IRS agents? What has he done to curtail federal abuse? Not a goddamn thing.

The Rebel Poet
03-30-2017, 05:47 PM
Trump has survived 6 bankruptcies, 2 marriages and 1 tape of him saying he grabs pussy! He's winner! Stand by your man, boys
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/71337209.jpg

newbitech
03-30-2017, 06:17 PM
this poll is what is wrong with politics in general.

I don't support any of them, but I participate in the poll by making my presence known and abstaining.

Basically pitting the president against congress is just more status quo bullshit. It matters not that in this case the two sides happen to have the same letter by their government titles.

the health care billed failed cause government sucks at doing anything that the constitution doesn't spell out for them in black and white. trump can blame conservatives, conservatives can blame liberals and liberals can blame "racist". It's a huge circle jerk and the only thing electing Trump accomplished is pull back the curtains a bit further than we are used to seeing.

I am ok with that.

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 07:56 PM
41 members. And 100%. And still...
dannno won't vote. Such a simple thing. Is you is or is you ain't? Sad.

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 07:59 PM
I didn't consider myself a Trump supporter until after the election..

Well, there ya go. I don't know why the decision to vote your conscience has been so hard.

"I am a Trump supporter." Is the correct box to check off for you.

TheTexan
03-30-2017, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the poll. I voted!

TheTexan
03-30-2017, 08:08 PM

Surely I'm not the only one.

Jamesiv1
03-30-2017, 08:17 PM
Back in 2008 I predicted this would happen.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 08:38 PM

Curse you. My poll was so pretty.:(

fr33
03-30-2017, 09:13 PM
Trump is shitting where he eats with that statement. Won't be anybody left at the table if he keeps it up.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 09:16 PM
Trump is $#@!ting where he eats with that statement. Won't be anybody left at the table if he keeps it up.

Yeah, and how did he manage to attack both of his potential healthcare coalitions in the same tweet? Fight the FC and Dems lmao.

dannno
03-30-2017, 09:18 PM
Well, there ya go. I don't know why the decision to vote your conscience has been so hard.

I'm a much bigger Rand supporter.

dannno
03-30-2017, 09:21 PM
Ok, I changed my opinion, the poll question is fine. I think I missed reading the "and their allies" part when I read it the first time. Since Trump is their ally, clearly that is the best option, and the second option would mean you are a Trump supporter who doesn't support the freedom caucus or Rand.. I don't think many of them even exist.

So I voted the correct option, hope you're all happy.

enhanced_deficit
03-30-2017, 10:02 PM
You are a parent and have two children whom you love more than your own life.
One day you see your two children fighting with each other over who threw the house firstaid box in trash.

Whose side will you take?

William Tell
03-30-2017, 10:14 PM
One day you see your two children fighting with each other over who threw the house firstaid box in trash.

Whose side will you take? You ask a lot of questions but are too much of a weenie to answer any. Vote in the poll or shut up.

oyarde
03-30-2017, 10:16 PM

I have been waiting on you . I am undecided . First one to get rid of Obummercare gets my vote . LOL

enhanced_deficit
03-30-2017, 10:20 PM
Calm down, that just silly humor.
The poll as I see offers a false choice, everything is not binary. You can support both where they collaborate for a greater, important purpose or strategically support one of the two if they align with what you see as the right cause.

I prefer to support principles over personalities, there are rare exceptions like Ron Paul - and to an exten Rand- where you don't have to think much. Other than that, it will depend on the issue.

Edit to add: I have this past impression that many folks in the Freedom Caucus used to be supporters of massive deficit spending on wars when Bush was in the White House, need to check that before I give better informed opinion on this lumped choice.

afwjam
03-30-2017, 10:23 PM
fifty to one. The Texan, the Lone Ranger.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 10:23 PM

Make that 2, some coward 1 starred this thread doubt it was anyone who posted in this thread.;)

afwjam
03-30-2017, 10:25 PM
Make that 2, some coward 1 starred this thread doubt it was anyone who posted in this thread.;)

The Texan is no coward, he puts his money where his mouth is. I know no one who votes harder.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 10:26 PM
The Texan is no coward, he puts his money where his mouth is. I know no one who votes harder.

Precisely my point. Methinks the trump supporters are lying low today.

The Rebel Poet
03-30-2017, 10:27 PM
Yes, he's a hero. Just like maverick John McCain.

afwjam
03-30-2017, 10:28 PM
Precisely my point. Methinks the trump supporters are lying low today.

Let them lay. The Texans bed is very comfortable and large.

afwjam
03-30-2017, 10:30 PM
Yes, he's a hero. Just like maverick John McCain.

If McCain and Lindsey adopted a child together his name would be The Texan.

The Rebel Poet
03-30-2017, 11:15 PM
I would love to hear what @LibertyEagle (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=660) thinks about all this.
Yes, and silverhandorder.

Brian4Liberty
03-31-2017, 12:11 AM

It's a binary question. Choose one! Hold on, that sounds familiar...

dannno
03-31-2017, 12:24 AM
If McCain and Lindsey adopted a child together his name would be The Texan.

They would never let Rand at VP..

It would have to be a threesome with McCain, Lindsey Graham and Ann Coulter.

Dr.3D
03-31-2017, 01:19 AM

I'd have to check the expiration date on the first aid kit. If it's expired, I'd just go out and buy a new one.

By the way, government has no business getting involved in healthcare.

GunnyFreedom
03-31-2017, 10:38 AM
Ron Paul On Steroids baby! :p

Wooden Indian
03-31-2017, 10:58 AM
I didn't consider myself a Trump supporter until after the election.. I didn't vote for him...

I don't know who you voted for, dude. So I won't dispute that... BUT you absolutely did support him on these forums prior to the election. I remember clearly because I was quite disappointed.

You would often say something like "I don't support Trump but..." then go on to support him. Post after post after post.

So, the only thing I'm unclear on is if you were trying to fool us or yourself.

Own it, bro. You choose Trump over Liberty. I can admit, I like the guy too. He has this certain super troll quality that I dig and I love watching the snowflakes melt in his wake.

If it wasn't for my strong principles, I'd fall in line just like you, so yeah, I get it. But you should own your allegiances in my opinion.

Peace, my man.

dannno
03-31-2017, 11:08 AM
I don't know who you voted for, dude. So I won't dispute that... BUT you absolutely did support him on these forums prior to the election. I remember clearly because I was quite disappointed.

You would often say something like "I don't support Trump but..." then go on to support him. Post after post after post.

So, the only thing I'm unclear on is if you were trying to fool us or yourself.

Own it, bro. You choose Trump over Liberty. I can admit, I like the guy too. He has this certain super troll quality that I dig and I love watching the snowflakes melt in his wake.

If it wasn't for my strong principles, I'd fall in line just like you, so yeah, I get it. But you should own your allegiances in my opinion.

Peace, my man.

Incorrect.

I supported Donald Trump in areas or specific issues where I could advocate for him using some intellectual consistency, when the media was lying, when Donald Trump was right (which happened quite often).

It's not my fault the mainstream media brainwashed you against him.

I DID NOT, however, support Donald Trump as a Presidential candidate. I preferred that he won over Hillary, but I voted for Gary Johnson but I really supported Rand Paul.

The reason I didn't support Donald Trump I explained in that post, I wasn't sure what his real motivations for running were and I wasn't sure what the deal was with the media attacking him constantly - were they trying to help him win? Was he in the tank for Hillary? I didn't want to support him if there was something else going on. But then he won, and the media started attacking him even harder especially on all the Russian bullshit. It became quite clear that the deep state was trying to stop him, and he was serious about winning the election and actually working to make the country great again.

I certainly have quite a few disagreements with Trump in quite a few areas, but he is what our country needs to fight the deep state and the globalists, they are using propaganda on YOU right now to try and take him down. Don't find yourself aligning with the globalists.

nikcers
03-31-2017, 12:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0EZobdiJ4M

PierzStyx
03-31-2017, 12:49 PM
I'm not really a "friend" of either. But I like Amash. Like Ron, I believe Justin Amash really does want to build a more free America.

dannno
03-31-2017, 01:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0EZobdiJ4M

Wow, that guy REALLY likes wrestling..

Ender
03-31-2017, 01:41 PM
Incorrect.

I supported Donald Trump in areas or specific issues where I could advocate for him using some intellectual consistency, when the media was lying, when Donald Trump was right (which happened quite often).

I DID NOT, however, support Donald Trump as a Presidential candidate. I preferred that he won over Hillary, but I voted for Gary Johnson but I really supported Rand Paul.

The reason I didn't support Donald Trump I explained in that post, I wasn't sure what his real motivations for running were and I wasn't sure what the deal was with the media attacking him constantly - were they trying to help him win? Was he in the tank for Hillary? I didn't want to support him if there was something else going on. But then he won, and the media started attacking him even harder especially on all the Russian bull$#@!. It became quite clear that the deep state was trying to stop him, and he was serious about winning the election and actually working to make the country great again.

I certainly have quite a few disagreements with Trump in quite a few areas, but he is what our country needs to fight the deep state and the globalists, they are using propaganda on YOU right now to try and take him down. Don't find yourself aligning with the globalists.

Not incorrect. You were supporting Trump before the elections which was very surprising to me.

And the MSM gave Trump billions of bucks of free advertising; that was obvious to me from the start. I judged Trump by what came out of his mouth- not what anyone else said- whether it was MSM or you.

I think you're a cool dude, dannno, but from what I read, you were holding Trump up long before the elections.

ProBlue33
03-31-2017, 05:45 PM
This is a huge mistake, what is Trump going to do when these guys win there in-State primaries.
He is going to look very foolish.
I think he is hugely miscalculating, these guys aren't McCain/Graham types "cucks" or "Dems" or "Hillary", he wins against those groups.
Not against GOP leaning libertarians.

HVACTech
03-31-2017, 07:40 PM

Trump is not Hillary, so. I support him.

it seems to me, so far.. that Trump likes to swat hornets nests and see what flies out.
hell, I am running out of popcorn!

admittedly, I am not so sure what happened in this case...

silverhandorder
03-31-2017, 08:55 PM
False choice shit poll. I dont care btw. I also like how all the losers who claimed Rand is playing trump are eating their words. He is a supporter.

TheTexan
03-31-2017, 08:58 PM
False choice shit poll. I dont care btw. I also like how all the losers who claimed Rand is playing trump are eating their words. He is a supporter.

Either way, glad to have you on team #MAGA. Welcome aboard!

TheTexan
03-31-2017, 09:00 PM
The number of Trump votes has doubled in the last hour!

Is Trump #Surging ?

silverhandorder
03-31-2017, 09:07 PM
LOL

ChristianAnarchist
03-31-2017, 09:45 PM
I stand with Rand of course...

Dr.3D
04-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Let them lay. The Texans bed is very comfortable and large.
How would you know?

:p

afwjam
04-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Let's be honest, there are three votes for trump. Danno grow a pair and vote hard for the man you love so dearly, you would let him at your wife while you watched.

ProBlue33
04-02-2017, 01:16 PM
That's why I really admire the Democrats that are going to break with their party to vote for Gorsuch. The same goes for the freedom caucus who voted against Trump and Ryan on the health care bill. We need more independent voting going on. Then when something is actually good for America both sides can feel free to vote for it, or if it's bad against it. Good for America, but bad for our party is not an ideology I want politicians to even think about.

enhanced_deficit
04-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Trump hits the links with Rand Paul, White House says (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?509293-Trump-hits-the-links-with-Rand-Paul-White-House-says&)

Sun April 2, 2017

http://i.imgur.com/2yoNEeX.jpg

The Rebel Poet
04-02-2017, 02:32 PM
https://scontent.ftpa1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17553781_1255750014540856_4311846505760047010_n.pn g?oh=5c0adb80b539ce4f8bd58eac8570824c&oe=599A0E39

Occam's Banana
04-02-2017, 03:03 PM
[...] government sucks at doing anything that the constitution doesn't spell out for them in black and white.

I hadn't noticed that it doesn't suck at doing anything that the Constitution does spell out for them in black and white ... ;)

You, sir, are a great American!!

http://i.imgur.com/JiHZ20q.gif

How do you keep up with what Trump's policies are?

Muh 3D chess goggles ...

http://i.imgur.com/o5AW2SS.jpg

NewRightLibertarian
04-02-2017, 03:04 PM
I'd like to support both, but when the rubber meets the road, I will stand with the House Freedom Caucus.

parocks
04-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Trump hits the links with Rand Paul, White House says (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?509293-Trump-hits-the-links-with-Rand-Paul-White-House-says&)

Sun April 2, 2017

It seems like Dannno is right.

I'm not particularly interested in people trying to drive a wedge between Trump and Rand. As this picture shows, it's not an either/or situation.

I understand that there are many here who would like Rand and Trump to be seen as opposites that you are required to choose between, when this is certainly not the case.

It does not appear, from this picture, taken today, that Rand and Trump are on different sides, are in opposition. They seem to be working together, as allies, who do not necessarily see eye to eye on everything, but who are on the same team.

Again, I'm not interested in people working hard to drive a wedge between Rand and Trump.

Most Ron Paul supporters, going back to 2008, seem to embrace the whole "let's marginalize ourselves" and "who needs allies" approach. Or really, any dysfunctional idea will have folks here loving it.

CPUd
04-02-2017, 04:04 PM

I'm not particularly interested in people trying to drive a wedge between Trump and Rand. As this picture shows, it's not an either/or situation.

I understand that there are many here who would like Rand and Trump to be seen as opposites that you are required to choose between, when this is certainly not the case.

It does not appear, from this picture, taken today, that Rand and Trump are on different sides, are in opposition. They seem to be working together, as allies, who do not necessarily see eye to eye on everything, but who are on the same team.

Again, I'm not interested in people working hard to drive a wedge between Rand and Trump.

Most Ron Paul supporters, going back to 2008, seem to embrace the whole "let's marginalize ourselves" and "who needs allies" approach. Or really, any dysfunctional idea will have folks here loving it.

That's actually an old picture, from before the election season.

Rand is doing what he said he would- keeping an open line of communication with the White House. Trump needs to understand why he is getting pushback from the more principled members of Congress. I'm not sure his advisors are interested in doing that.

opal
04-02-2017, 04:06 PM
To the original question
no
the whole choice A or B thing .. damn two party system has the majority of the population staying inside the box
I am however, still, a Ron Paul supporter

Occam's Banana
04-02-2017, 04:10 PM

Sun April 2, 2017

It does not appear, from this picture, taken today, that Rand and Trump are on different sides, are in opposition. They seem to be working golfing together, as allies, who do not necessarily see eye to eye on everything, but who are on the same team.

FIFY

enhanced_deficit
04-02-2017, 04:58 PM

This news also indicates that Trump has started to see reality of new political landscape and sees Rand's stature in GOP/US Politics.

Trump takes up health care with Rand Paul, on golf course

By catherine lucey, associated press

WASHINGTON — Apr 2, 2017, 5:20 PM ET

President Donald Trump brought Sen. Rand Paul to his Virginia golf course on Sunday to talk health policy with the outspoken critic of the failed plan to repeal and replace so-called Obamacare.
The outing to Trump National Golf Club came hours after Trump tweeted that talks on replacing the law have been going on and "will continue until such time as a deal is hopefully struck."
He added that anyone who thinks the effort is dead "does not know the love and strength in R Party!"

Trump golfed and discussed policy with Paul and budget director Mick Mulvaney, said White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham.
Paul came out strongly against the House GOP legislation, and its collapse humiliated Trump in the early days of his administration. After their golf excursion, Paul struck a positive tone, calling it a "great day" with the president.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-hits-golf-sen-rand-paul-46525474

William Tell
04-02-2017, 05:44 PM

Lol that picture's from years ago.

enhanced_deficit
04-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Lol that picture's from years ago.

Use of stock photos is quite common on breaking news stories.

As long as you don't dispute the fact that both golfed today and had optimistic outlook about working together to find common grounds/repeal SWCcare, currency of a particular photo is a non-material issue.

JK/SEA
04-02-2017, 06:31 PM
so those with 'STAND WITH RAND' avatars are now standing with Trump....with a putter in hand....lol..

JK/SEA
04-02-2017, 06:34 PM
FIFY

you ever golf?....i have. Its a great time to get exercise,and have conversations about many issues. Its a relaxed setting compared to sitting in a board room getting bored while your ass falls asleep...

enhanced_deficit
04-02-2017, 07:04 PM
so those with 'STAND WITH RAND' avatars are now standing with Trump....with a putter in hand....lol..

This poll very likely made a difference.
Once Trump people saw that 97% of Libertarians/anti-establishment Conservatives would Stand with Rand & allies, they realized they had to reach out to Rand and have the two talk business over golf.
"Art of the deal" tactics work both ways, Rand has a copy of the book and had shared its lessons with the Freedom Caucus.

Occam's Banana
04-02-2017, 07:14 PM
you ever golf?....i have. Its a great time to get exercise,and have conversations about many issues. Its a relaxed setting compared to sitting in a board room getting bored while your ass falls asleep...

Yes, I have. I've golfed with liberal friends/acquaintances and with neoconnish friends/acquaintances.

And I've had conversations about many issues while doing so.

It didn't mean that we were not "on different sides."
It didn't mean that we were not "in opposition."
It didn't mean that we were "working together as allies."
It didn't mean that we were "on the same team."

It didn't mean any of the things some people are trying to divinate from two guys posing for a picture while golfing together.

It just meant that we were golfing together.

It didn't mean anything other than that.

And a picture of Rand & Trump (or anyone else) golfing together doesn't mean other than that, either.

William Tell
04-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Danke voted :D

Suzanimal
04-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Danke voted :D

Dead people voting...figures.

Suzanimal
04-08-2017, 04:04 PM

Yes, I have. I've golfed with liberal friends/acquaintances and with neoconnish friends/acquaintances.

And I've had conversations about many issues while doing so.

It didn't mean that we were not "on different sides."
It didn't mean that we were not "in opposition."
It didn't mean that we were "working together as allies."
It didn't mean that we were "on the same team."

It didn't mean any of the things some people are trying to divinate from two guys posing for a picture while golfing together.

It just meant that we were golfing together.

It didn't mean anything other than that.

And a picture of Rand & Trump (or anyone else) golfing together doesn't mean other than that, either.

I play once a week and all we talk about is our game and when we're going to have a beer.o_O