PDA

View Full Version : [Merge] Trump Threatens Freedom Caucus - Amash & Massie respond

Cleaner44
03-30-2017, 08:42 AM
This interesting article on The Hill highlights just how few conservatives we can depend on in D.C.

Freedom Caucus member fires back: The swamp drained Trump
House Freedom Caucus member Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) fired back Thursday at President Trump's threat to "fight" conservative members in 2018, turning the Trump’s campaign slogan around on him.

"It didn't take long for the swamp to drain [Trump]. No shame, Mr. President. Almost everyone succumbs to the D.C. Establishment," Amash tweeted...
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/326479-freedom-caucus-member-fires-back-the-swamp-drained-trump

-----

[Mod edit - Tweets added]

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/847448570081005568

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/847448896708108290

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 08:48 AM
This interesting article on The Hill highlights just how few conservatives we can depend on in D.C.

Freedom Caucus member fires back: The swamp drained Trump
House Freedom Caucus member Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) fired back Thursday at President Trump's threat to "fight" conservative members in 2018, turning the Trump’s campaign slogan around on him.

"It didn't take long for the swamp to drain [Trump]. No shame, Mr. President. Almost everyone succumbs to the D.C. Establishment," Amash tweeted...
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/326479-freedom-caucus-member-fires-back-the-swamp-drained-trump

LOL. Trump tried to threaten them and they trumped Trump.

Cleaner44
03-30-2017, 08:58 AM
It would be great if the members for the Freedom Caucus would provide a free market solution plan that was very simple and that voters could get behind. Sell a better solution to the public.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 09:08 AM
It would be great if the members for the Freedom Caucus would provide a free market solution plan that was very simple and that voters could get behind. Sell a better solution to the public.

You mean like Rand Paul's plan?

specsaregood
03-30-2017, 09:17 AM

seriously. they already endorsed it.

Brian4Liberty
03-30-2017, 09:28 AM
https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/847465164743909377

Created4
03-30-2017, 09:30 AM
President Trump on Thursday struck back at the House caucus that sunk his ObamaCare replacement bill, threatening their legislative careers if the staunchly conservative members refuse to get on board with the new president’s agenda.

“The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don’t get on the team, & fast. We must fight them, & Dems, in 2018!” Trump tweeted.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/30/trump-on-freedom-caucus-must-fight-them.html

Brian4Liberty
03-30-2017, 09:34 AM
https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/847471729261686784

Brian4Liberty
03-30-2017, 09:37 AM
Trump is making a fatal mistake. He won't have any supporters if he keeps this up.

klamath
03-30-2017, 09:51 AM
Trump's idea of draining the swamp was to open the sewers of NY into Washington DC.

jllundqu
03-30-2017, 09:53 AM
But Danno said this was all a front! That this was really 'chess' and he just had to 'pretend' to be a RINO to oust Paul Ryan... Danno said he doesn't BELIEVE in these tweets, Created4!

Be more like Danno.

*This public service announcement is being brought to by the Stephan Molyneux Podcast

JK/SEA
03-30-2017, 09:53 AM
so, how many freedom caucus members are there, and how many constituents voted for these guys in total?

specsaregood
03-30-2017, 09:58 AM
Trump is making a fatal mistake. He won't have any supporters if he keeps this up.

Sure didn't take long for Trump to transform himself into the biggest Cuck in the land.

Dr.3D
03-30-2017, 10:10 AM
http://images.complex.com/complex/images/c_limit,w_680/fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/r2wddvnwgekwrdlj4txw/trump_troll_doll
http://www.complex.com/life/2017/03/donald-trump-troll-doll-kickstarter-stopped-by-nbc-universal-lawsuit

EBounding
03-30-2017, 10:22 AM
Here's a chair for anyone who needs to explain the many dimensions of Trump's comment:

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Ff0%2F48%2F1c%2Ff0481c3f9f2 3a733c2b1597454ff53ce.jpg&f=1

nikcers
03-30-2017, 10:22 AM

angelatc
03-30-2017, 10:28 AM

If only that were true.

jllundqu
03-30-2017, 10:32 AM
You guys obviously don't see what Trump is doing here [snark].... Trump secretly SUPPORTS the Tea Party and the Freedom Caucus... you'll see.

fcreature
03-30-2017, 10:46 AM
C'mon really?! Trump's twitter is fake news. Get on board the train, ya cuck.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 10:54 AM
Trump says we need to fight the Freedom Caucus (Justin Amash etc) Will you even MAGA?

dannno
03-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Trump Calls House Freedom Caucus ‘Friends,’ Predicts ‘What’s Going to Come … Is a Better Bill’ Melissa Quinn (http://dailysignal.com/author/melissa-quinn/) / @MelissaQuinn97 (http://twitter.com/MelissaQuinn97) / March 24, 2017 /

http://dailysignal.com/2017/03/24/trump-calls-house-freedom-caucus-friends-says-health-care-bill-was-hard-vote-for-them/

William Tell
03-30-2017, 10:57 AM
Trump says we need to fight the Freedom Caucus (Justin Amash etc) Will you even MAGA?

WTH Mods? I was making the poll what's you problem, why'd you merge this?

dannno
03-30-2017, 10:59 AM
WTH Mods? I was making the poll what's you problem, why'd you merge this?

Because we don't need a million threads about Donald Trump being the enemy of the Freedom Caucus when we just heard him say they were friends the other day. Rand Paul says they are friends. I trust Rand. Donald Trump does what Donald Trump does. Actions speak louder than words.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 11:00 AM
Because we don't need a million threads about Donald Trump being the enemy of the Freedom Caucus when we just heard him say they were friends the other day. Rand Paul says they are friends. I trust Rand. Donald Trump does what Donald Trump does. Actions speak louder than words.

Trump just said we need to fight the Democrats and Justin Amash. That's not words, that's an action. Pick a side Dannno.

luctor-et-emergo
03-30-2017, 11:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/B1eEw4z.jpg

I love these guys! They are some of the only respectable politicians I know of. (I voted for one here as well, although he's only been a politician for a few months. Used to be a criminal defense lawyer, a pain in the ass for the system.)

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 11:05 AM

No, shit. My post was completely cut.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 11:07 AM
No, $#@!. My post was completely cut.

Mod just + repped me that he was just merging threads about same stuff. mine didn't have poll in the title. I'll make another one and you can reply. Its all cool

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:07 AM
Trump just said we need to fight the Democrats and Justin Amash. That's not words, that's an action. Pick a side Dannno.

Lol, no sorry but "said" is words not action.

Last week Trump said they were his friends, and Rand agreed with him and I trust Rand.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 11:08 AM

If Trump endorsed Amash would that be an action or talk. He just told Pepe to kick his ass.

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:11 AM
If Trump endorsed Amash would that be an action or talk. He just told Pepe to kick his ass.

Words. Not even words. Tweets. Come on dude, seriously? This wasn't an executive order, it was a friggin tweet.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 11:13 AM
Words. Not even words. Tweets. Come on dude, seriously? This wasn't an executive order, it was a friggin tweet.

An endorsement is an action. A mobster putting a hit out on you is an action, pretty damn big one at that.

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:16 AM
An endorsement is an action. A mobster putting a hit out on you is an action, pretty damn big one at that.

When is their re-election? This tweet isn't going to have any effect unless he keeps re-iterating it and follows through when election time gets closer.

Trump will have plenty of time to reverse this, he literally said a few days ago they were his friends and they haven't done anything significant to my knowledge since he said that which would change his mind about that.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 11:22 AM
When is their re-election? This tweet isn't going to have any effect unless he keeps re-iterating it and follows through when election time gets closer. 2018, like Trump said in his tweet. Serious Primary challengers usually announce in July or so of the previous year.

WTrump will have plenty of time to reverse this, he literally said a few days ago they were his friends and they haven't done anything significant to my knowledge since he said that which would change his mind about that.
And he literally said to vote them out today. This move is to break up the freedom caucus. This is literally the EXACT thing that might keep them from kicking Ryan out.

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:25 AM
This move is to break up the freedom caucus. This is literally the EXACT thing that might keep them from kicking Ryan out.

Or maybe it is a move to escalate the war on Paul Ryan? Maybe Trump is testing the resolve of the freedom caucus so he can see if they are worth fighting with, or if they will just roll over?

BSWPaulsen
03-30-2017, 11:27 AM
Trump fucked up. The simple point of fact is that he needs the Freedom Caucus not because they are some great preponderance in the House, but because of the number of people that voted for him across the nation that have views aligning with them.

He's going to be a 1 term president. The voters didn't put Republicans in so they could be dipshit Establishmentarians, and that's exactly what he has opted to be. I was cautiously optimistic when he was first elected, but it is clear at this point that he is no solution to any problem. He is ineffectual and incompetent.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 11:28 AM

I love these guys! They are some of the only respectable politicians I know of. (I voted for one here as well, although he's only been a politician for a few months. Used to be a criminal defense lawyer, a pain in the ass for the system.)

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/76352247.jpg

William Tell
03-30-2017, 11:30 AM
Or maybe it is a move to escalate the war on Paul Ryan? Maybe Trump is testing the resolve of the freedom caucus so he can see if they are worth fighting with, or if they will just roll over?

Yes, maybe if you threaten to kill your girlfriend you love her and are just testing her love for you. Except no man in the history of the world has done that.... Because it would kill her love for you.

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:31 AM
Yes, maybe if you threaten to kill your girlfriend you love her and are just testing her love for you. Except no man in the history of the world has done that.... Because it would kill her love for you.

Stop exaggerating, this was just a tweet. From Donald Trump of all people. Do you know how much he tweets?

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:33 AM
Trump fucked up.

Do you know how many times I've heard that? Probably like, eleven thousand times. And now he is President. I stopped believing it a long time ago.

In a few weeks, Trump will probably be fighting WITH the freedom caucus, and this thread will be down the memory hole.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 11:33 AM
Stop exaggerating, this was just a tweet. From Donald Trump of all people. Do you know how much he tweets?

What the hell kind of tweet would be bad enough for you to go "oh shit, maybe Donald doesn't have a man-crush on the freedom caucus?"

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:36 AM
What the hell kind of tweet would be bad enough for you to go "oh shit, maybe Donald doesn't have a man-crush on the freedom caucus?"

It would have to be more than a tweet. Twitter is where Trump trolls from.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 11:38 AM
It would have to be more than a tweet. Twitter is where Trump trolls from.

Who is he trolling? Massie and Amash apparently haven't got the memo that he loves them. So you can bet the weaker souls in the freedom caucus are pissing their pants and getting their resignation letters ready. Hopefully Trump gives them a bear hug before they have a heart attack. Will you tell him to hurry up please? :)

Ender
03-30-2017, 11:44 AM

Those tweets are for his adoring public fans, dannno. They are NOT for his allies.

BSWPaulsen
03-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Do you know how many times I've heard that? Probably like, eleven thousand times. And now he is President. I stopped believing it a long time ago.

In a few weeks, Trump will probably be fighting WITH the freedom caucus, and this thread will be down the memory hole.

I truly appreciate your optimism.

However, there is a big difference between his supposed mistakes made in the eyes of the media (his supporters did not care in the slightest about any of the media manufactured nonsense) to ones that go directly against a set of the people that supported him. This is him going after his supporters because they didn't buckle under his gaze. You bet your ass it is a mistake to alienate allies.

He will find it infinitely easier to start producing legislation amenable to Democrats and Republicans than legislation to those that hold conservative views. Establishment Republicans have no spine and will sell out the American people however it takes to benefit corporations and provide the delusion they are "governing responsibly". Democrats will be more than willing to help out, because bipartisanship always means the little guy gets boned. Trump wants to create the legacy that he governed because he does not have the intellectual integrity to hold the line and do what is right.

This is made painfully obvious by his endorsement of Ryan's health care plan. Trump doesn't care if what he does is right, so long as he does something. In my book that makes him less a man, and more an automaton.

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:47 AM
Who is he trolling? Massie and Amash apparently haven't got the memo that he loves them. So you can bet the weaker souls in the freedom caucus are pissing their pants and getting their resignation letters ready. Hopefully Trump gives them a bear hug before they have a heart attack. Will you tell him to hurry up please? :)

Like I already said, Trump is trolling the freedom caucus, he is seeing whether they have resolve and whether they are worth fighting with, or whether they will just rollover.

Trump doesn't want to fight alongside a bunch of losers.

This is alpha behavior.

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:52 AM
Those tweets are for his adoring public fans, dannno. They are NOT for his allies.

No, it's the Trump Trollbox.

William Tell
Like I already said, Trump is trolling the freedom caucus, he is seeing whether they have resolve and whether they are worth fighting with, or whether they will just rollover.

This is alpha behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=748tLccvTfY

EBounding
Trump isn't stupid. He set HIMSELF up to win no matter what happened. With SwampCare failing, he did the following:

1) Distanced himself from conservatives/the Freedom Caucus to appear more "moderate" and less Hitler
2) Damaged his political enemy, Paul Ryan
3) Got his own supporters off his back to repeal Obamacare. He says it's up to Congress to repeal and the Trump supporters aren't going to hold him accountable.

Created4
03-30-2017, 11:54 AM

Last week Trump said they were his friends, and Rand agreed with him and I trust Rand.

I hate to say it Dannno, but I am thinking he is only "friends" with them if they help him pass his legislation. He is not used to people going against his agenda in the business world - politics is a new "game" for him.

The legacy and pride and joy of any president is his legislative accomplishments, and right now he sees liberty-minded people as being in the way, unfortunately.

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:56 AM
Trump isn't stupid. He set HIMSELF up to win no matter what happened. With SwampCare failing, he did the following:

1) Distanced himself from conservatives/the Freedom Caucus to appear more "moderate" and less Hitler
2) Damaged his political enemy, Paul Ryan
3) Got his own supporters off his back to repeal Obamacare. He says it's up to Congress to repeal and the Trump supporters aren't going to hold him accountable.

Trump needs the freedom caucus to get a good agenda through so he can have a good legacy. He is testing their resolve so he knows how to move through the legislative waters in the future. I think Amash and Massie are passing the test. Rand passed the test a while ago.

Created4
03-30-2017, 11:59 AM
Also, if Trump is such good friends with Rand, why did not he not put pressure on Ryan to adopt Rand's Healthcare plan instead? It would probably have passed, and he would not have egg on his face right now.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 12:01 PM
Now would be a great time to contact FC members and tell them to stand strong.

AuH20
03-30-2017, 12:04 PM
Trump needs the freedom caucus to get a good agenda through so he can have a good legacy. He is testing their resolve so he knows how to move through the legislative waters in the future. I think Amash and Massie are passing the test. Rand passed the test a while ago.

Trump delegates. In this case, to bad people who he appointed. He requests person X to get a general item done with no emphasis on the details. That's what transpired with the healthcare bill.

PierzStyx
03-30-2017, 12:05 PM
*This public service announcement is being brought to by the Stephan Molyneux Podcast

The Stephan Molyneux Podcast: Where every rant is made up and the facts don't matter!

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:06 PM
Also, if Trump is such good friends with Rand, why did not he not put pressure on Ryan to adopt Rand's Healthcare plan instead? It would probably have passed, and he would not have egg on his face right now.

Because Trump WANTS Paul Ryan to fail and get ousted. He has a lot more legislation to get through that isn't going to happen with Ryan there. I.e. the wall.

fcreature
03-30-2017, 12:06 PM

these mental gymnastics are exhuasting. don't you ever get tired?

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:08 PM
these mental gymnastics are exhuasting. don't you ever get tired?

I would have to do MORE mental gymnastics to support what you fools are trying to imply.

Reports are coming out the Priebus may have sent the tweet, not Trump. That is a viable explanation. So is my explanation. But the sudden reversal with no explanation (at least nobody here has given a good explanation yet) doesn't make any sense. Especially to someone who trusts Rand.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 12:09 PM
I would have to do MORE mental gymnastics to support what you fools are trying to imply.

Fools like Massie calling Trump Sad? Amash saying the Swamp drained Trump?

jllundqu
03-30-2017, 12:11 PM

This is alpha behavior.

Ok.... Now I am sure you are bullshitting. There is no possible way that you have the ability to perform the mental gymnastics required for the above tweet to be legit. By your logic, Trump can literally do no wrong. Trump just told the Tea Party to fuck off and the whole fervor of the MSM is reporting on it... your excuse that 'it's just a tweet' is bullshit. He has pissed of the very people who got him elected.

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 12:12 PM

Reports are coming out the Priebus may have sent the tweet, not Trump. That is a viable explanation. So is my explanation. But the sudden reversal with no explanation (at least nobody here has given a good explanation yet) doesn't make any sense. Especially to someone who trusts Rand.

So Trump let's Priebus use his twitter account?

Lol. You've gone full retard.

AuH20
03-30-2017, 12:15 PM

Yes, it's highly possible Priebus authored the tweet after Trump put pressure on him to get something done.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 12:15 PM

This is alpha behavior.

:rolleyes:

OMG Dannno! Just stop. You're making a total ass of yourself. Seriously you are. Trump let Preibus take over his twitter? Seriously? Well if Trump is that fvcking stupid then he should resign immediately.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 12:16 PM
Yes, it's highly possible Priebus authored the tweet after Trump put pressure on him to get something done.

If Trump let Priebus take over his twitter that should be an impeachable offense.

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:17 PM
Fools like Massie calling Trump Sad? Amash saying the Swamp drained Trump?

Huh? No, they are doing what they are supposed to be doing, they have given the correct response.

If there are two dogs that are friendly, but they want to play, one dog might growl at the other to get them riled up. The other dog barks back and they run around and have fun. The other dog doesn't need to say "hey, you just growled at me because you want to play", he can just bark and run around. Us sitting here watching, do not need to be all like, "OMG that dog growled at the other dog, he is going to try and eat him!!! OMG that dog just barked back, they are going to fight and kill each other!!".. We can accept that they are playing amongst themselves and discuss it from that perspective.

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:19 PM

OMG Dannno! Just stop. You're making a total ass of yourself. Seriously you are. Trump let Preibus take over his twitter? Seriously? Well if Trump is that fvcking stupid then he should resign immediately.

If Trump let Priebus take over his twitter that should be an impeachable offense.

lol you guys are taking twitter way too seriously..

jllundqu
03-30-2017, 12:20 PM

This is alpha behavior.

http://www.troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/we-have-officially-jumped-the-shark.jpg

William Tell
03-30-2017, 12:21 PM
Huh? No, they are doing what they are supposed to be doing, they have given the correct response.

If there are two dogs that are friendly, but they want to play, one dog might growl at the other to get them riled up. The other dog barks back and they run around and have fun. The other dog doesn't need to say "hey, you just growled at me because you want to play", he can just bark and run around. Us sitting here watching, do not need to be all like, "OMG that dog growled at the other dog, he is going to try and eat him!!! OMG that dog just barked back, they are going to fight and kill each other!!".. We can accept that they are playing amongst themselves and discuss it from that perspective.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/archive/7/73/20070425070816!Roflcopter.gif

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:22 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/we-have-officially-jumped-the-shark.jpg

So you think Trump would want to fight alongside a bunch of losers? Why can't you defeat my post with an actual argument?

phill4paul

Cool story, bro.

http://media.galaxant.com/000/136/013/dog-chasing-own-tail.gif

William Tell
So you think Trump would want to fight alongside a bunch of losers? Why can't you defeat my post with an actual argument?

They already kicked Paul Ryan's ass, how are they losers?

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:24 PM
They already kicked Paul Ryan's ass, how are they losers?

He hasn't been ousted, yet.. But Trump wants him out, no doubt about that. Maybe he is testing their resolve to see whether he wants to start campaigning with them for his removal. Trump won't do it unless he thinks they are capable.

William Tell
03-30-2017, 12:27 PM
http://www.millsworks.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/writing_process.gif

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 12:27 PM
lol you guys are taking twitter way too seriously..

:rolleyes: Calling it "just twitter" is like calling Hillary Clinton's email server "just email." It's not "just twitter". It's twitter from the freaking POTUS. And Dannno, you've simply lost touch with reality. Like I said, if Trump's official Whitehouse spokesperson says something you don't like, you dismiss it because it isn't Trump. Now if Trump tweets something you don't like, you dismiss it because it isn't Trump. When Trump does something you don't like you pretend "Well it will get better eventually." And to think, I used to consider Obamabots the most delusional beings on the planet.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 12:28 PM
He hasn't been ousted, yet.. But Trump wants him out, no doubt about that. Maybe he is testing their resolve to see whether he wants to start campaigning with them for his removal. Trump won't do it unless he thinks they are capable.

And so Trump's way of going after Paul Ryan is to defend Paul Ryan and attack the Freedom Caucus. :rolleyes:

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:28 PM

So you think Trump would be willing to go up against the Speaker of the House with a group who isn't capable? Do you really not understand how Trump operates?

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:29 PM
And so Trump's way of going after Paul Ryan is to defend Paul Ryan and attack the Freedom Caucus. :rolleyes:

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Zippyjuan
03-30-2017, 12:31 PM
Without the Freedom Caucus or Democrats, Trump will be unable to get anything through Congress. Writing them off is writing off his entire agenda.

fcreature
03-30-2017, 12:33 PM

So these "reports" based on nothing but conjecture by Congressmen trying to give Trump a way to save face, published by the very same outlets that are "fake news", are now not "fake news"?

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 12:36 PM
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

That doesn't mean attack your friends. :rolleyes:

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:37 PM
:rolleyes: Calling it "just twitter" is like calling Hillary Clinton's email server "just email." It's not "just twitter". It's twitter from the freaking POTUS.

I wasn't aware that Trump was posting vital national security information on twitter :confused:

Dude, it's just twitter, it's the President's trollbox, have you not figured that out yet?

And Dannno, you've simply lost touch with reality. Like I said, if Trump's official Whitehouse spokesperson says something you don't like, you dismiss it because it isn't Trump. Now if Trump tweets something you don't like, you dismiss it because it isn't Trump. When Trump does something you don't like you pretend "Well it will get better eventually." And to think, I used to consider Obamabots the most delusional beings on the planet.

Delusional like how I said Trump was going to win the election when the media said he was going to for sure lose, and most people here thought he was throwing the election for Hillary?

Delusional like how I insisted that RyanCare was going to fail?

You will see, over time, that I am much less delusional than 99.9% of people when it comes to politics.

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:38 PM
That doesn't mean attack your friends. :rolleyes:

He isn't attacking them, he's just having a friendly game of politics.

Athan
03-30-2017, 12:41 PM
Ok I need context, I guess I don't speak twitter speak because the initial tweet posted seemed nothing to get worked about nor the Freedom Caucus tweets seemed ruckus worthy. Is there information I'm missing? Is everyone this sensitive on twitter?

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:42 PM
Ok I need context, I guess I don't speak twitter speak because the initial tweet posted seemed nothing to get worked about nor the Freedom Caucus tweets seemed ruckus worthy. Is there information I'm missing? Is everyone this sensitive on twitter?

Ya pretty much this - people are taking Trump's trollbox way too seriously.

nikcers
03-30-2017, 12:43 PM
Without the Freedom Caucus or Democrats, Trump will be unable to get anything through Congress. Writing them off is writing off his entire agenda. This is all part of Trump's agenda, make progressive healthcare part of the republican platform was what he has been arguing since the first debate. I think there are just so many people who wrote off what Trump was saying because the news was reporting what Trump was saying incorrectly. They are trying to do that again and turn this into a partisan issue. You are either for democrat healthcare or for republican healthcare.

timosman
03-30-2017, 12:45 PM

Trump is this stupid but I don't think he should resign as we might end with an idiot in the White House. :cool:

CPUd
03-30-2017, 12:50 PM
so, how many freedom caucus members are there, and how many constituents voted for these guys in total?

From the ones who are known:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/Freedom_Caucus_membership_114_congress.svg/1242px-Freedom_Caucus_membership_114_congress.svg.png

timosman
03-30-2017, 12:53 PM
It would be nice if more Reps. joined the Caucus or are they too afraid to stick their necks out?

CPUd
03-30-2017, 12:54 PM

No he will ditch them and cut deals with the Democrats to get things like single payer.

Zippyjuan
03-30-2017, 12:56 PM
This is all part of Trump's agenda, make progressive healthcare part of the republican platform was what he has been arguing since the first debate. I think there are just so many people who wrote off what Trump was saying because the news was reporting what Trump was saying incorrectly. They are trying to do that again and turn this into a partisan issue. You are either for democrat healthcare or for republican healthcare.

Perhaps one irony on the issue is that Obama took much of his plan from the conservative Heritage Foundation. The idea of national system dates back to another Republican, Richard Nixon and Republican Mitt Romney was the first to institute a plan for any state. It was pretty much a Republican idea executed by a Democrat.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Robert-Reich/2013/1028/The-irony-of-Republican-disapproval-of-Obamacare

The irony of Republican disapproval of Obamacare

The Democrat's version of health insurance would have been cheaper, simpler and more popular. But we enacted the Republican version. So why are they so upset? Because it an achievement for the Obama administration.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor says Republicans will seek to delay a requirement of the 2010 Affordable Care Act that all Americans obtain health insurance or face a tax penalty. ”With so many unanswered questions and the problems arising around this rollout, it doesn’t make any sense to impose this one percent mandate tax on the American people.”

While Republicans plot new ways to sabotage the Affordable Care Act, it’s easy to forget that for years they’ve been arguing that any comprehensive health insurance system be designed exactly like the one that officially began October 1st, glitches and all.

For as many years Democrats tried to graft healthcare onto Social Security and Medicare, and pay for it through the payroll tax. But Republicans countered that any system must be based on private insurance and paid for with a combination of subsidies for low-income purchasers and a requirement that the younger and healthier sign up.

Not surprisingly, private health insurers cheered on the Republicans while doing whatever they could to block Democrats from creating a public insurance system.

nikcers
03-30-2017, 01:01 PM
Perhaps one irony on the issue is that Obama took much of his plan from the conservative Heritage Foundation. The idea of national system dates back to another Republican, Richard Nixon and Republican Mitt Romney was the first to institute a plan for any state. It was pretty much a Republican idea executed by a Democrat.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Robert-Reich/2013/1028/The-irony-of-Republican-disapproval-of-Obamacare I think this is bigger then Trump imagines. teocons didn't disappear when Trump became the nominee, they were told that their agenda would be done if Trump was in office. Trump sent his campaign in places like here telling us to vote for him so we can stop Obamacare expansions, and stop world war 3. Trump is going to eat a lot of shit when the teocons jump ship, even the MSM is saying that he needs teocons more then he needs democrats.

CPUd
03-30-2017, 01:01 PM
Guys, they are really his friends. It only looks strange because we thought he was playing chess. Really, he's playing "Hungry, Hungry Hippos"

http://i.imgur.com/LQSLOrS.gif

Madison320
03-30-2017, 01:03 PM

It's still early but Trump's first major action was to support a socialist health care plan. We'll see.

CPUd
03-30-2017, 01:05 PM
https://twitter.com/Walldo/status/846879096491585536

https://twitter.com/burnedyourtweet/status/847446796037087232

Zippyjuan
03-30-2017, 01:07 PM
I think this is bigger then Trump imagines. teocons didn't disappear when Trump became the nominee, they were told that their agenda would be done if Trump was in office. Trump sent his campaign in places like here telling us to vote for him so we can stop Obamacare expansions, and stop world war 3. Trump is going to eat a lot of $#@! when the teocons jump ship, even the MSM is saying that he needs teocons more then he needs democrats.

Trump is a salesman. He says a lot of things which are not true and makes lots of promises he knows he can't keep. Now he is facing the reality that even though he in theory has control of the House and the Senate (well, Republicans do but Trump is not really a true Republican), those are comprised of divided factions and without any help from Democrats (why should they when no matter what they tried to do in the past the Republicans were against it anyways) he will have a hard time getting anything passed. No matter what he tries and who he tries to appease, one group of Republicans will not be happy. Campaigning is easy. Governing is hard. Maybe that is why he has to leave town on the weekends- to get away. President as a part-time job.

nikcers
03-30-2017, 01:10 PM
Guys, they are really his friends. It only looks strange because we thought he was playing chess. Really, he's playing "Hungry, Hungry Hippos"

http://i.imgur.com/LQSLOrS.gif Trump is playing hungry hippos while his cabinet is playing risk.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 01:11 PM
He isn't attacking them, he's just having a friendly game of politics.

So if Reibus sent it it's an attack and if Trump sent it it's friendly. Whatever it takes for Trump supporters to remain in fantasy land.

Madison320
03-30-2017, 01:14 PM
What happened to all the other Trump supporters here? Is Dannno the only one left?

nikcers
03-30-2017, 01:16 PM
What happened to all the other Trump supporters here? Is Dannno the only one left? They went to /thesafepace that starts a thread every 10 minutes about how horrible Obama or Clinton is.

CPUd
03-30-2017, 01:19 PM
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/847516519609389058

Madison320
03-30-2017, 01:24 PM
They went to /thesafepace that starts a thread every 10 minutes about how horrible Obama or Clinton is.

Trumpcare was a big strike against Trump but I'm not ready to declare him a bad president ... yet. Let's see how he handles government spending and the debt.

afwjam
03-30-2017, 01:26 PM
$20.18to Justin Amash for Congress
Contribute

EmployerSelf
OccupationConstruction
03/30/2017 07:24PM
170330315405 (tel:170330315405)

VISA ending in

afwjam
03-30-2017, 01:30 PM
https://secure.thomasmassie.com/assets/images/header.png

Thank You!Thank you for your generous donation!

Donation details:Donation #:

Date:
03/30/2017

Amount:
$20.18

afwjam
03-30-2017, 01:31 PM
Who will match me?

Zippyjuan
03-30-2017, 01:32 PM
Trumpcare was a big strike against Trump but I'm not ready to declare him a bad president ... yet. Let's see how he handles government spending and the debt.

Gonna be houge!! !

Brian4Liberty
03-30-2017, 01:34 PM
https://twitter.com/jfpolitix/status/847473843165843456

squarepusher
03-30-2017, 01:45 PM
The only good thing about Trump is watching his haters get triggered so hard

dannno
03-30-2017, 01:47 PM

Thank You!

Thank you for your generous donation!

Donation details:

Donation #:

Date:
03/30/2017

Amount:
$20.18

Who will match me?

Thank You! Thank you for your generous donation!

Donation details: Donation #:

Date:
03/30/2017

Amount:
$20.18

timosman
03-30-2017, 01:49 PM
The only good thing about Trump is watching his haters get triggered so hard

Trying to imply things were better in the past.:rolleyes:

jllundqu
03-30-2017, 01:56 PM

With your circular logic and failed reasoning? You defeated your own argument.

EBounding
03-30-2017, 01:58 PM

$1 Trillion of deficit infrastructure spending. Over a $50 Billion increase in annual military spending.

dannno
03-30-2017, 02:01 PM
With your circular logic and failed reasoning? You defeated your own argument.

How is Trump not wanting to align himself with spineless people failed reasoning? It sounds like the best reasoning to me.

devil21
03-30-2017, 02:01 PM
http://dailysignal.com/2017/03/24/trump-calls-house-freedom-caucus-friends-says-health-care-bill-was-hard-vote-for-them/

This is "Trump" (or whoever mans his Twitter account, actually) in a nutshell. Instead of the slick politician (lawyer) version of slyly speaking out of both sides of his mouth he just does it out in the open. Governance by constant confusion is the Trump administration hallmark.

Fwiw, I'll be shocked if Trump is still Pres by 2018 midterms, much less 2020.

...unless his agenda is not supposed to go through...

timosman
03-30-2017, 02:02 PM
$1 Trillion of deficit infrastructure spending. Over a $50 Billion increase in annual military spending.

A chump change. We will make up for it by winning in ways you have not seen before.

jllundqu
03-30-2017, 02:06 PM
If Trump praises people I like = Good Trump

If Trump threatens and belittles people I like = Super Secret Squirrel Strategy to Oust RINOs = Good Trump

So easy anyone can play! :)

Madison320
03-30-2017, 02:07 PM
How is Trump not wanting to align himself with spineless people failed reasoning? It sounds like the best reasoning to me.

I'd rather have Trump align with "spineless" free market guys, than "tough" socialists.

Madison320
03-30-2017, 02:08 PM

Yup, but it hasn't happened yet. Not looking good though.

nikcers
03-30-2017, 02:18 PM
How is Trump not wanting to align himself with spineless people failed reasoning? It sounds like the best reasoning to me. The spineless people who Trump has aligned himself with are too afraid of having a vote on their bill.

dannno
03-30-2017, 02:27 PM
The spineless people who Trump has aligned himself with are too afraid of having a vote on their bill.

It's pretty fucking hilarious that you think Trump is actually aligned with Paul Ryan.

devil21
03-30-2017, 02:38 PM
It's pretty fucking hilarious that you think Trump is actually aligned with Paul Ryan.

I wonder how much the poster previously known as dannno got for selling his account? It's funny reading the posts and then seeing the "X Donald Trump" to the left.

TheCount
03-30-2017, 03:08 PM
inB4 tweets blaming Freedom Caucus.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/3106348112ad2769659a114e3689b0ad/tumblr_nmsf43ikYV1tq4of6o1_500.gif

fcreature
03-30-2017, 03:45 PM

What action was "spineless", exactly?

Was it the Freedom Caucus hardliners who refused to bend the knee to horrible policy? Was that spineless?

Swordsmyth
03-30-2017, 04:08 PM
I wonder how much the poster previously known as dannno got for selling his account? It's funny reading the posts and then seeing the "X Donald Trump" to the left.
Good Point I had not noticed that.

Anti-Neocon
03-30-2017, 04:10 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294744043035033600/297130272242270228/unknown.png

CPUd
03-30-2017, 06:17 PM
https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/847442268956971012

Rudeman
03-30-2017, 06:50 PM
He claims that he'll work with Dems but he attacks them along with the Freedom Caucus. Interesting way to appeal for support.

CPUd
03-30-2017, 07:04 PM
He claims that he'll work with Dems but he attacks them along with the Freedom Caucus. Interesting way to appeal for support.

It is high-level Hungry Hungry Hippos strategy.

Brian4Liberty
03-30-2017, 07:42 PM
$20.18to Justin Amash for Congress
Contribute

EmployerSelf
OccupationConstruction

VISA ending in

Thank You!Thank you for your generous donation!

Donation details:Donation #:

Date:
03/30/2017

Amount:
$20.18

Thank You! Thank you for your generous donation!

Donation details: Donation #:

Date:
03/30/2017

Amount:
$20.18

+rep

We will need more of this going into the primaries...

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-30-2017, 07:50 PM
It figures you'd post a pic of a liberal. And from Tumblr at that.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/3106348112ad2769659a114e3689b0ad/tumblr_nmsf43ikYV1tq4of6o1_500.gif

specsaregood
03-30-2017, 07:51 PM

you don't even get real marbles with hungry hippos game any longer, just shitty plastic balls. fucking Chinese goods and devalued USD.

Jamesiv1
03-30-2017, 08:10 PM
Who will match me?
Is liberty worth one good man's life? We believed it once. Make us believe it again.

@afwjam (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=12229) is a soldier of liberty. Honor him.

Who will help me match him?

Cleaner44
03-30-2017, 08:49 PM

Exactly. We need it to come from the House though, not the Senate.

CPUd
03-31-2017, 01:20 AM
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/847671405244145664

TomtheTinker
03-31-2017, 09:04 AM

Do you live in reality?

dannno
03-31-2017, 09:09 AM
Do you live in reality?

Not the fake reality the mainstream media is creating for you.

ChristianAnarchist
03-31-2017, 09:56 AM
I never liked the Trump but even I am surprised at how quickly he's turned against people who supported him...

dannno
03-31-2017, 10:06 AM
I never liked the Trump but even I am surprised at how quickly he's turned against people who supported him...

You're watching the hand with the bird in it.

William Tell
03-31-2017, 10:14 AM
You're watching the hand with the bird in it.

No. The hand has no bird. He already gave the bird to the Freedom Caucus.

dannno
03-31-2017, 10:19 AM
No. The hand has no bird. He already gave the bird to the Freedom Caucus.

The bird in his hand is the tweet, everybody is looking at that. The other hand has....... a congress.... a congress without speaker Paul Ryan. It has a health care bill with free market reforms. It even has tax breaks, if you look closely enough.

The Rebel Poet
03-31-2017, 10:48 AM
The bird in his hand is the tweet, everybody is looking at that. The other hand has....... a congress.... a congress without speaker Paul Ryan. It has a health care bill with free market reforms. It even has tax breaks, if you look closely enough.

Can you explain to those of us who haven't seen things from your perspective how you came to the conclusion that Trump wants those three things and is doing that which would accomplish them?

dannno
03-31-2017, 10:58 AM
Can you explain to those of us who haven't seen things from your perspective how you came to the conclusion that Trump wants those three things and is doing that which would accomplish them?

Well first you would have to wipe the entire mainstream narrative out of your head. They aren't your friends.

Then you would need to recall that Trump hates Paul Ryan. Paul Ryan was a Never Trumper.

Our very weak and ineffective leader, Paul Ryan, had a bad conference call where his members went wild at his disloyalty.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) Oct. 11, 2016 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785828772423561216)

I mean, are people around here having some memory problems or something? Why do I have to prove that Donald Trump hates Paul Ryan? Why do I need to remind people that Paul Ryan was a Never Trumper?

You need to understand Trump's motivations. Trump wants to make America great again. His ego depends on it. Trump knows enough about economics to know what kind of health care plan is going to make America great again and what won't. He might not make it apparent all the time, he never shows his hand, because his only goal is to win.

You would have to recall that Trump and Rand Paul are friends now, and Rand Paul gave him invaluable information that in fact the health care bill did not have enough votes to pass, for sure. That way Trump could support the health care bill without fear that it might actually pass. That way when the bill failed, it couldn't be blamed on Trump, and it would be blamed squarely on his enemy Paul Ryan. First nail in the coffin.

William Tell
03-31-2017, 11:49 AM
You would have to recall that Trump and Rand Paul are friends now, and Rand Paul gave him invaluable information that in fact the health care bill did not have enough votes to pass, for sure. That way Trump could support the health care bill without fear that it might actually pass. That way when the bill failed, it couldn't be blamed on Trump, and it would be blamed squarely on his enemy Paul Ryan. First nail in the coffin.
Trump didn't get the memo, he's blaming Labrador, Meadows, Jordan, Amash....

dannno
03-31-2017, 12:07 PM
Trump didn't get the memo, he's blaming Labrador, Meadows, Jordan, Amash....

That's that bird you're watching again.

Dr.3D
03-31-2017, 12:13 PM
Yeah, a four dimensional Hungry Hungry Hippos strategy.

ronpaulhawaii
03-31-2017, 12:54 PM
It would be nice if more Reps. joined the Caucus or are they too afraid to stick their necks out?

I bet a successful MoneyBomb for The House Freedom Caucus would give them some encouregment

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?509218-A-MoneyBomb-for-the-House-Freedom-Caucus

and it looks like r3VOLutionaries below agree :D

$20.18

to Justin Amash for Congress
Contribute

EmployerSelf
OccupationConstruction

VISA ending in

Thank You!

Donation details:

Donation #:

Date:
03/30/2017

Amount:
$20.18

Who will match me?

Thank You!

Donation details:

Donation #:

Date:
03/30/2017

Amount:
$20.18

+rep

We will need more of this going into the primaries...

Brian4Liberty
03-31-2017, 01:05 PM
I bet a successful MoneyBomb for The House Freedom Caucus would give them some encouregment

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?509218-A-MoneyBomb-for-the-House-Freedom-Caucus

and it looks like r3VOLutionaries below agree :D

I am thinking we will want to identify the most vulnerable members of the Freedom Caucus and especially give them a hand. (In addition to Massie and Amash).

devil21
03-31-2017, 01:51 PM
Well first you would have to wipe the entire mainstream narrative out of your head. They aren't your friends.

Then you would need to recall that Trump hates Paul Ryan. Paul Ryan was a Never Trumper.

I mean, are people around here having some memory problems or something? Why do I have to prove that Donald Trump hates Paul Ryan? Why do I need to remind people that Paul Ryan was a Never Trumper?

You need to understand Trump's motivations. Trump wants to make America great again. His ego depends on it. Trump knows enough about economics to know what kind of health care plan is going to make America great again and what won't. He might not make it apparent all the time, he never shows his hand, because his only goal is to win.

The only part I can agree with is that generally Trump's tweets (not Trump himself but whatevs) are all over the place. It's impossible to know what anything means since they contradict each other constantly. You can point to one tweet for one position and another tweet for the opposite position. I'm sure that is intentional.

So you see 44D chess. OK.

I see a lifelong liberal billionaire from NYC that hung out with the Clintons and the Bloombergs, appointed Goldman and Rothschild, et al into his cabinet and has been slowly but surely walking back practically everything he campaigned on. If you're right, it's time for the 44D chess to start doing something concrete, otherwise it's just hot air while the MIC sends more soldiers to Syria and the economy gets worse.

acptulsa
03-31-2017, 02:15 PM
So, half the libertarians got banned, and the only Trumptards who will show their faces on days like this are the ones who are being paid the most to be shameless. As a result, we have a thirty-members-on-line ghost town.

Who could ever have predicted such a thing?

jllundqu
03-31-2017, 02:21 PM
So, half the libertarians got banned, and the only Trumptards who will show their faces on days like this are the ones who are being paid the most to be shameless. As a result, we have a thirty-members-on-line ghost town.

Strange days, indeed. One would think that a big government progressive openly attacking the Freedom Caucus, Amash, Massie, Rand Paul, etc., would be a rallying cry. But alas... the con has taken even people I thought were principled and turned them into Trumphumping circlejerkers

nikcers
03-31-2017, 02:52 PM

“What really concerns me [are reports] there were upwards of 1,000 paid internet trolls working out of a facility in Russia, in effect taking over a series of computers which are then called botnets that can generate news down to specific areas,”

What were the trolls saying? Don't vote third party, if you vote third party its a vote for Clinton and then we go to war with Russia. Am I the only one here thinking that Russia just threatened to go to war with us unless we vote against our interests? A few of my coworkers told me that they voted for Trump in order to stop world war 3.

acptulsa
03-31-2017, 03:13 PM
The bots are irrelevant.

The point is, the libertarians were banned for defending ourselves. We weren't allowed to give as good as we got, and now there are twenty members on line.

Beg the bots to come back all you want. They did their damage and they're gone. And all but about two of the Trump Snowflakes, who (for all their preaching about the evils of Protected Speech) were so quick to agitate for naysayers to be banned, seem to have just enough sense and shame to have melted away...

Someone should take a hard look at the top twenty in rep accumulation, and reflect on how many of us were infracted and/or banned at some point during the election season. We do know why we haven't heard anything out of cajuncocoa for some time, right?

GunnyFreedom
03-31-2017, 03:21 PM
Not the fake reality the mainstream media is creating for you.
Do you live under TomtheTinker's bed, to take note of what he thinks, and what he feeds he head?

acptulsa
03-31-2017, 03:24 PM
Do you live under TomtheTinker's bed, to take note of what he thinks, and what he feeds he head?

The Matrix has become quite adept at convincing its denizens that they're chomping red pills daily, when they're really not smart enough to tell a Red Pill from a Red Hot.

dannno
03-31-2017, 03:26 PM
The bots are irrelevant.

The point is, the libertarians were banned for defending ourselves. We weren't allowed to give as good as we got, and now there are twenty members on line.

Beg the bots to come back all you want. They did their damage and they're gone. And all but about two of the Trump Snowflakes, who (for all their preaching about the evils of Protected Speech) were so quick to agitate for naysayers to be banned, seem to have just enough sense and shame to have melted away...

Why not just follow the forum guidelines? I doubt it had anything to do with your political views.

Last week Rand said that him and Trump were friends, then Trump said that people in the freedom caucus were his friends in a media interview just a few days ago.

Now Trump is attacking some members of the caucus, but who knows what his real motivations are? Maybe they will get more financial backing, maybe he won't run anybody against them and so they will fair better against their Democrat opponent with the additional financial backing. Maybe this will help get Paul Ryan out of his seat. I've put forward quite a few theories that make a lot more sense than the straightforward narrative people assume this is.

Some people are just sick of other people putting so much stock in every little thing Donald Trump says or does. He isn't straightforward all the time. Read his god damn fucking book or something I don't know what to say, but the constant freaking out gets kinda tiresome when his strategies are right out in the open for anybody to read.

acptulsa
03-31-2017, 03:29 PM
His strategies are there for anyone to read, but his tweets are all trolling and should never be taken at face value.

See what I mean, Gunny? Those Red Hots and all that cinnamon sure will convince you that you're really ready for that habanero sauce.

dannno
03-31-2017, 03:32 PM
His strategies are there for anyone to read, but his tweets are all trolling and should never be taken at face value.

That is pretty spot-on, yes.

Do you take his tweets at face value? I hope not, that would be pretty foolish.

Have you ever read his books? This isn't difficult stuff, he literally outlines these strategies in his books. Ignore it at your own peril.

acptulsa
03-31-2017, 03:40 PM
Have you ever read his books? This isn't difficult stuff, he literally outlines these strategies in his books. Ignore it at your own peril.

He also outlines his strategies for telling people what they want to hear, and convincing them believe it in open defiance to mounds of evidence to the contrary, by allowing them no other glimmer of hope besides their totally empty hope that he might be of use to them.

You see, someone has indeed listened to Trump--and with open ears. The art of his deal is to remove all realistic hope, so people like you will be convinced to have blind faith in him, rather than face the abyss with open eyes.

dannno
03-31-2017, 03:49 PM
He also outlines his strategies for telling people what they want to hear, and convincing them believe it in open defiance to mounds of evidence to the contrary, by allowing them no other glimmer of hope besides their totally empty hope that he might be of use to them.

You see, someone has indeed listened to Trump--and with open ears. The art of his deal is to remove all realistic hope, so people like you will be convinced to have blind faith in him, rather than face the abyss with open eyes.

Because there are only two realistic options... Trump is either ultimately with the deep state or ultimately against the deep state. For you to be right, he needs to be with the deep state. If he was with the deep state, it makes no sense that they would put all of their credibility on the line and lie about Trump every day when they could have accomplished the same thing by toning it back and not putting their credibility on the line. There aren't enough people "like me" for that strategy to really pay off - additionally - after the election, they kept going. I didn't vote for Trump or completely support his candidacy until I saw that after the election the media was doubling down against him.. What is the purpose of that? He's already elected.

acptulsa
03-31-2017, 04:00 PM
When half the population is on the verge of revolution, a puppet who can convince the populace he's an outsider is of plainly and painfully obvious value to the status quo. More than enough for the media to be motivated to promote and promulgate the misconception.

I'm not here to try to chip through the thickness of skull which you are using as armor against the ugly truth of the situation. There will be many days like this, and each will chip away a bit of that armor for you.

You'll figure it out. Eventually.

ThePaleoLibertarian
03-31-2017, 07:11 PM
The idea that Trump is shit testing the Freedom Caucus is interesting, but I wonder...

I think Trump is far more intelligent than his critics often think. Underestimating Trump is why he's in the White House. The 4D chess meme has some truth to it, though I think his strategic acumen is instinctual more than analytical.

That said, there does come a point when "4D chess" just becomes ad-hoc justifications for anythingTrump does. This needs to be falsifiable. If Trump continues to rail against the Caucus and makes no move to oust Paul Ryan, would you admit that you read the situation?

JK/SEA
03-31-2017, 07:12 PM
does everyone miss obama now?...

it was sooo wonderful when he ruled.

ahhh...the good ol' daze..

ChristianAnarchist
03-31-2017, 09:22 PM
The idea that Trump is $#@! testing the Freedom Caucus is interesting, but I wonder...

I think Trump is far more intelligent than his critics often think. Underestimating Trump is why he's in the White House. The 4D chess meme has some truth to it, though I think his strategic acumen is instinctual more than analytical.

That said, there does come a point when "4D chess" just becomes ad-hoc justifications for anythingTrump does. This needs to be falsifiable. If Trump continues to rail against the Caucus and makes no move to oust Paul Ryan, would you admit that you read the situation?

The biggest problem with Trump is that he's been on so many sides of so many issues that it makes me dizzy. I suspect that he sometimes is confused as to what his current stance is...

NewRightLibertarian
03-31-2017, 10:09 PM
I've enjoyed a lot of Trump's antics as far as how it's created a political farce and wounded the cultural elite, but if he seriously goes after the HFC, piss on him.

r3volution 3.0
03-31-2017, 10:59 PM

This is alpha behavior.

Yes

I hate to say it Dannno, but I am thinking he is only "friends" with them if they help him pass his legislation.

It's really that simple.

No he will ditch them and cut deals with the Democrats to get things like single payer.

And make-work infrastructure, and a budget that increases spending, and a multi-trillion dollar debt ceiling increase...

That is pretty spot-on, yes.

Do you take his tweets at face value? I hope not, that would be pretty foolish.

He writes the best books.

https://ventrellaquest.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/17492709_1295588670523738_3509627591843698950_o.jp g?w=660

dannno
03-31-2017, 11:33 PM
Yes

It's really that simple.

And make-work infrastructure, and a budget that increases spending, and a multi-trillion dollar debt ceiling increase...

He writes the best books.

https://ventrellaquest.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/17492709_1295588670523738_3509627591843698950_o.jp g?w=660

I don't think that's his best work.

CPUd
03-31-2017, 11:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OV0lARw.jpg

parocks
04-01-2017, 01:29 AM

I think I'm with you on all this. I'd add a layer of "we really don't know what's going on" and "after a bit we'll have a better idea what's going on". You're suggesting that politicians who are allies bickering through tweets does not mean that those allies are now enemies. I'm of the opinion that Trump and Amash fighting through tweets could mean many different things.

Perhaps Trump wants to position himself, politically, as someone to the left of the freedom caucus. He does not want to be perceived as joined at the hip with the freedom caucus. However, perhaps he likes the freedom caucuses Obamacare repeal the best. Perhaps he wants to grudgingly accept the freedom caucus plan, instead of being all about that particular plan.

We don't know.

What I think we should know is that often, the story that the suckoligopoly MSM is trying to sell is wrong. And what is happening here, in this discussion is that some here are arguing that what is happening here MUST mean X. Others like myself, and it appears you too, are arguing that it does not necessarily mean the deep state MSM is right, it could mean a number of different things. People who pay attention to things understand that things that happen often could have many different meanings, and the MSM is usually just lying.

I'll say that I haven't been paying super close attention to what's been happening, but I'm quite surprised that this Obamacare repeal happened so quickly. I mean, he's been President for about 2 months now. I don't have any real expectation that anything in particular is going to get done, and I don't have any vague timetable for when these uncertain things will take place. So far, he's better than Hillary Clinton would've been.

parocks
04-01-2017, 01:42 AM

If that happens, you will have been right.

But, certainly, we can't say with any certainty that anything in particular is definitely going to happen. Who knows? Your argument seems as reasonable as any other.

You probably are aware that rock stars who are friends make up feuds so they can get press, right? Others, I guess, are completely unable to understand that celebs who are friends can simply pretend to fight to get press. Because look, read that, they're mad at each other. When, alternatively, it's just a skit. I wouldn't go as far as saying 4D chess or whatever that's about, but it's a plan with steps.

parocks
04-01-2017, 01:56 AM

This seems pretty reasonable to me.

Breitbart should be a pretty good place to find mainstream pro Trump message, right?

And what I've been seeing a lot recently in places like Breitbart are the stories about Soros funding McCain, Paul Ryan, Jeb Bush, and other GOP. That's the context, Paul Ryan is not trustworthy in any way. Paul Ryan has not been with Ron or Rand Paul in any way.

I'm not sure how good Trump is going to turn out to be, certainly better than Hillary, but who knows about the rest of it. No reason to think he doesn't want good conservative policies. And it's not Paul, Amash or Massie who are really fighting against Trump, it's Paul Ryan and McCain.

The most logical answer is that Trump is against Paul Ryan, not that Trump is against Rand Paul. Trump has a lot of people still in the government, in the executive branch who want to see him fail, and it could be said that Paul Ryan is one of those.

CPUd
04-01-2017, 02:15 AM
This seems pretty reasonable to me.

Breitbart should be a pretty good place to find mainstream pro Trump message, right?

And what I've been seeing a lot recently in places like Breitbart are the stories about Soros funding McCain, Paul Ryan, Jeb Bush, and other GOP. That's the context, Paul Ryan is not trustworthy in any way. Paul Ryan has not been with Ron or Rand Paul in any way.

I'm not sure how good Trump is going to turn out to be, certainly better than Hillary, but who knows about the rest of it. No reason to think he doesn't want good conservative policies. And it's not Paul, Amash or Massie who are really fighting against Trump, it's Paul Ryan and McCain.

The most logical answer is that Trump is against Paul Ryan, not that Trump is against Rand Paul. Trump has a lot of people still in the government, in the executive branch who want to see him fail, and it could be said that Paul Ryan is one of those.

Breitbart has a hard on for attacking Paul Ryan, this goes back to at least when he became speaker. Although Breitbart is on the unofficial list of approved sources (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?498586-List-of-approved-sources-for-posting-in-GOP-amp-Dem-election-forum&p=6273176&viewfull=1#post6273176), it might be worth looking at different POVs to balance out the bias.

CPUd
04-01-2017, 02:24 AM
If that happens, you will have been right.

But, certainly, we can't say with any certainty that anything in particular is definitely going to happen. Who knows? Your argument seems as reasonable as any other.

You probably are aware that rock stars who are friends make up feuds so they can get press, right? Others, I guess, are completely unable to understand that celebs who are friends can simply pretend to fight to get press. Because look, read that, they're mad at each other. When, alternatively, it's just a skit. I wouldn't go as far as saying 4D chess or whatever that's about, but it's a plan with steps.

This is an accurate description of Trump's relationship with the press. He is openly hostile to people like Joe and Mika, but in private they are longtime friends. Chris Cuomo is essentially a friend of the family. The bosses, like Rupert Murdoch, Roger Ailes, Jeff Zucker, they are all friends, too.

It is a mutual arrangement- they promote him, while he gets them ratings.

The Rebel Poet
04-01-2017, 04:45 AM
I don't think that's his best work.
Ignore it at your own peril.

invisible
04-01-2017, 08:43 AM

I did, very accurately, back in the earliest days of the placebo "evaluation thread".

The Rebel Poet
04-02-2017, 02:33 PM
https://scontent.ftpa1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17553781_1255750014540856_4311846505760047010_n.pn g?oh=5c0adb80b539ce4f8bd58eac8570824c&oe=599A0E39

enhanced_deficit
04-02-2017, 02:39 PM

I love these guys! They are some of the only respectable politicians I know of.

Rand is meeting with Trump today (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?509293-Trump-hits-the-links-with-Rand-Paul-White-House-says&) to discuss things over golf, there is a chance that Rand might be able to unite GOP factions to demolish SWCcare.

http://i.imgur.com/2yoNEeX.jpg (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?509293-Trump-hits-the-links-with-Rand-Paul-White-House-says&)

CPUd
04-02-2017, 05:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A5rg_p43QM

parocks
04-02-2017, 05:44 PM
https://www.facebook.com/randpaul2016/posts/1454994467904996

parocks
04-02-2017, 06:34 PM
https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/848641200286552064

enhanced_deficit
04-02-2017, 06:55 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/681152691461042177/_PrgDgFA_bigger.jpg Senator Rand Paul‏Verified account @RandPaul (https://twitter.com/RandPaul)

I had a great time today with @realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump) and believe we are getting closer to an agreement on health care!

Retweets 4,560
Likes 12,316

2:00 PM - 2 Apr 2017

Cool.

parocks
04-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Cool.

that's what we should be wanting, that's what Dannno has been predicting. It seems that some here (Dannno) were right, and others were wrong.

The proper position is for Rand and Trump to get along. The best outcomes are legislation across the board that's influenced by Rand Paul and the Freedom Caucus.

There is not need to be attacking Trump.

Fact is, Trump and Rand Paul are similar.

In the GOP, you have the RINOs, who almost always get the nomination, and you have different types of Conservatives. And, in the GOP, the Conservatives are the outsiders, although the majority of the rank and file are Conservatives. So, Trump's version of Conservative - Buchananite, populist, protectionist, nationalist - is different from the Libertarian version of Rand Paul and the Freedom Caucus.

Personally, I liked Buchanan when he ran for President. The Conservatives will have their leader, different politicians will try to be that leader, one will succeed, and that would be Trump. Who is basically a Buchananite. The protectionist populists and the libertarians, can and should work together. Sometimes there's no libertarian, sometimes there's no populist, and the Conservatives might choose a candidate who is a populist or a libertarian. I have liked both, both seem to dislike deep state, suckoligopoly, team bilderberg, the satanic pedophiles. There are differences of opinion on tariffs and borders.

What Trump seems to be trying to do is to keep various factions of Conservatives happy. A reasonable approach. You want Rand Paul side by side with Trump, with Trump's ear on a number of issues. We've got a good chance at some good outcomes from Trump. We definitely weren't getting anything any good out of Hillary, like we didn't from Obama, and pretty much not out of the Bushes either.

CPUd
04-02-2017, 08:31 PM
that's what we should be wanting, that's what Dannno has been predicting. It seems that some here (Dannno) were right, and others were wrong.

The proper position is for Rand and Trump to get along. The best outcomes are legislation across the board that's influenced by Rand Paul and the Freedom Caucus.

There is not need to be attacking Trump.

Fact is, Trump and Rand Paul are similar.

In the GOP, you have the RINOs, who almost always get the nomination, and you have different types of Conservatives. And, in the GOP, the Conservatives are the outsiders, although the majority of the rank and file are Conservatives. So, Trump's version of Conservative - Buchananite, populist, protectionist, nationalist - is different from the Libertarian version of Rand Paul and the Freedom Caucus.

Personally, I liked Buchanan when he ran for President. The Conservatives will have their leader, different politicians will try to be that leader, one will succeed, and that would be Trump. Who is basically a Buchananite. The protectionist populists and the libertarians, can and should work together. Sometimes there's no libertarian, sometimes there's no populist, and the Conservatives might choose a candidate who is a populist or a libertarian. I have liked both, both seem to dislike deep state, suckoligopoly, team bilderberg, the satanic pedophiles. There are differences of opinion on tariffs and borders.

What Trump seems to be trying to do is to keep various factions of Conservatives happy. A reasonable approach. You want Rand Paul side by side with Trump, with Trump's ear on a number of issues. We've got a good chance at some good outcomes from Trump. We definitely weren't getting anything any good out of Hillary, like we didn't from Obama, and pretty much not out of the Bushes either.

Trump is a authoritarian progressive, he is nothing like Rand.

Occam's Banana
04-02-2017, 09:00 PM

What? You went to all that trouble to concoct this convoluted and tortured analogy, and you didn't even include anything about ass-sniffing or ball-licking??

I am disappoint.

eleganz
04-02-2017, 09:39 PM
Matt Drudge seems to think Trumps attack on HFC was a political maneuver.

I don't see how it makes sense to attack HFC at the same time talking to Rand about healthcare reform. Rand has been saying he's been visiting the White House to discuss the next moves on healthcare.

Maybe Drudge is right

Suzanimal
04-03-2017, 07:02 AM

What? You went to all that trouble to concoct this convoluted and tortured analogy, and you didn't even include anything about ass-sniffing or ball-licking??

I am disappoint.

Don't you people watch the Dog Whisperer?:confused: It's the humping we need to watch out for. When a male dog humps another male dog it's a show of dominance or he's gay but we're not going there.

Hopefully, Rand "Tsst" ed Trump when he took him for a walk on the golf course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzOCxnszcvA

William Tell
04-03-2017, 07:42 AM

jmdrake
04-03-2017, 08:34 AM

LOL. So it was Karl Rove who took over Trump's twitter account? ;) Seriously though, the Freedom Caucus made Trump blink. Good job guys! Perfect execution of the "Good cop/bad cop" strategy.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/76352247.jpg

Occam's Banana
04-03-2017, 11:00 AM
Don't you people watch the Dog Whisperer?:confused: It's the humping we need to watch out for. When a male dog humps another male dog it's a show of dominance or he's gay but we're not going there.

Hopefully, Rand "Tsst" ed Trump when he took him for a walk on the golf course.

What happens on the back nine stays on the back nine ...