PDA

View Full Version : Chris Christie Opioid czar....good? Surprisingly...maybe....

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 08:00 AM
I'm not a Trump fan and I can't stand Chris Christie. So I was less than pleased to hear on the Kennedy show on Fox (great show) that he was going to be the new opioid czar, I was not thrilled. As Ms. Kennedy pointed out, Christie has been something of a "refer madness" drug warrior. However this article at MSNBC seems a bit hopeful.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/americas-heroin-epidemic/governor-christie-battle-against-opioid-addiction-personal-n740066
For New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, the epiphany came around the time his longtime friend died alone in a West Orange motel with empty bottles of Percocet — and a bottle of vodka to wash the prescription painkillers down — on the nightstand.
"Great looking guy, well-educated, great career, plenty of money, beautiful, loving wife, beautiful children, great house, he had everything," Christie said.

He was also "a drug addict and he couldn't get help and he's dead," he said. "It can happen to anyone."
"The opioid initiative is one that's incredibly important to every family in every corner of this country," Christie said Wednesday on TODAY.

He said his state is grappling with a rise in the rate of drug overdose deaths, which have surpassed murders and automobile accidents.

Play Trump, Christie Outline Plans to Fight Opioid Epidemic Facebook Twitter Embed
Trump, Christie Outline Plans to Fight Opioid Epidemic 1:28
"What we need to come to grips with is addiction is a disease and no life is disposable. We can help people by giving them appropriate treatment," Christie added.

Roseanne Scotti of the New Jersey Drug Policy Alliance said the governor has already "made addiction a centerpiece of his administration."

"He does seem to get this on a different level," Scotti told NBC News. "He's taken a public health approach to this. He didn't just push this lock people up and throw away the key kind of stuff."

Under Christie, a former U.S. Attorney, New Jersey expanded its medical marijuana program to cover veterans who suffer from PTSD and school children struggling with Tourette Syndrome, Scotti said.

Christie also signed legislation that allows pharmacists to sell the heroin overdose antidote Narcan without a prescription. And he inked a good Samaritan bill that protects people who call 911 for help during an overdose from prosecution — after first vetoing it.
"He spoke very eloquently about how when the bill first got to his desk he was looking at it like a prosecutor," Scotti said. "And afterwards he began thinking about it as a parent, how he came around to thinking it was a good idea. He said, 'This is the only time I've changed my mind on something like this.'"

Is that the key? Get policy makers to see drugs through the eyes of someone who has lost a loved one rather than through the eyes of someone wanting to "clean up the streets?"

I'm willing to be cautiously optimistic that Christie might actually do the right thing.

Anti Federalist
03-30-2017, 08:11 AM
You want to cut back the overdose deaths?

Go after the supplier:

https://sofrep.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/140311-cia-hq-004_104b0b8a120b62af542a8728164460d7.jpg

tod evans
03-30-2017, 08:15 AM
#1 Christie was a prosecutor (lowest form of life)

#2 Locking up stoners only hides them from public view.

#3 He's a fucking idiot.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 08:17 AM

Go after the supplier:

https://sofrep.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/140311-cia-hq-004_104b0b8a120b62af542a8728164460d7.jpg

LOL. But actually the supplier in most opioid deaths is the pharmacist. Just like Chris Christie's friend, there is a huge spike in deaths from prescription drugs. And the answer? Legalize marijuana. Seriously, in states where pot has been decriminalized to some degree or another, opioid deaths are down in comparison to pot prohibition states.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/legalized-marijuana-could-help-curb-opioid-epidemic-study-finds-n739301

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 08:19 AM

#3 He's a $#@!ing idiot.

I agree. And I was expecting to find your points 1,2 and 3 when looking up this story. Instead I found that he expanded medical marijuana to cover PTSD (good move) and he allowed anti overdose drugs to be sold without a prescription (good move). That's why I said I'm being "cautiously optimistic." Maybe he'll balance off Jeff Sessions. One can only hope.

timosman
03-30-2017, 08:23 AM
LOL. But actually the supplier in most opioid deaths is the pharmacist. Just like Chris Christie's friend, there is a huge spike in deaths from prescription drugs. And the answer? Legalize marijuana. Seriously, in states where pot has been decriminalized to some degree or another, opioid deaths are down in comparison to pot prohibition states.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/legalized-marijuana-could-help-curb-opioid-epidemic-study-finds-n739301

Zippy? Is that you?:cool:

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 08:23 AM

Go after the supplier:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zA465_5JCLM/Vw04p_ZpXII/AAAAAAAAego/nn4YpgNKP2EaqjH8wy4A4HepQxQZP6CagCLcB/s1600/Aghanistan%2Bopium%2B-%2BTaliban%2Bdrugs.jpg

tod evans
03-30-2017, 08:24 AM
I agree. And I was expecting to find your points 1,2 and 3 when looking up this story. Instead I found that he expanded medical marijuana to cover PTSD (good move) and he allowed anti overdose drugs to be sold without a prescription (good move). That's why I said I'm being "cautiously optimistic." Maybe he'll balance off Jeff Sessions. One can only hope.

I don't know man.........

Do you want some dick in a suit telling you or your child to tough out the slipped disc with a joint?

Pain pills have a place and politicians aren't the ones who should determine who gets what and how often....

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 08:27 AM
Zippy? Is that you?:cool:

So Zippy supports decriminalizing pot just like Ron Paul? Good for him. Now what's your malfunction?

Anti Federalist
03-30-2017, 08:29 AM

Do you want some dick in a suit telling you or your child to tough out the slipped disc with a joint?

Pain pills have a place and politicians aren't the ones who should determine who gets what and how often....

Gov. Kasich to announce new limits on pain prescribing

http://nbc4i.com/2017/03/30/gov-kasich-to-announce-new-limits-on-pain-prescribing/

By Associated Press Published: March 30, 2017, 9:48 am

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) – Ohio Gov. John Kasich plans to announce new limits on painkiller prescribing as the state fights a worsening addictions epidemic.

The Republican governor, lawmakers and officials with Ohio health licensing boards scheduled a Thursday news conference to discuss the new restrictions.

The governor and state medical leaders last year announced guidelines meant to reduce the prescribing of painkillers for short-term pain.

Ohio authorities continue to look for ways to slow an epidemic that last year killed a record 3,050 Ohioans.

Republican lawmakers on Wednesday announced legislation that would also put limits on painkiller prescribing.

Last week Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced a $3.5 million program to help the growing number of children taken into state custody because of their parents’ addiction.

Anti Federalist
03-30-2017, 08:30 AM

Agreed.

But don't stop there...

https://mic.com/articles/110344/14-years-after-portugal-decriminalized-all-drugs-here-s-what-s-happening#.TaFaucg8v

tod evans
03-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Root canal?

Here have a Tylenol.......

timosman
03-30-2017, 08:31 AM
So Zippy supports decriminalizing pot just like Ron Paul? Good for him. Now what's your malfunction?

You are a little edgy today.:cool:

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 08:31 AM

Okay. I'm not sure why you would think that expanding medical marijuana to cover PTSD = restricting the use of prescription opioids. As for politicians being involved in pain medicine, that's already the case. And frankly I would rather use a joint to deal with a slipped disc (or better yet, chiropractic care to actually repair the slipped disk and heating pads and other natural methods to deal the with pain) than risk getting addicted to prescription opioids. But that's just me. Pop all the oxycontin you want.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 08:33 AM
You are a little edgy today.:cool:

And you're trolling as usual. Only lately your trolls seem totally random. It's almost like it's computer generated or something. E.L.I.Z.A. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA) is that you?

timosman
03-30-2017, 08:36 AM
And you're trolling as usual. Only lately your trolls seem totally random. It's almost like it's computer generated or something. E.L.I.Z.A. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA) is that you?

I think I know who the real troll is.:cool:

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 08:37 AM
Root canal?

Here have a Tylenol.......

Or use clove oil. Seriously though, why are you insisting fighting an argument that nobody is pushing? If Christie promotes restrictions on the proper use of opioids then by all means we should be against that. But expanding medical marijuana to PTSD was a good move and it should be done on the federal level as well. Do you not agree?

timosman
03-30-2017, 08:38 AM
Or use clove oil. Seriously though, why are you insisting fighting an argument that nobody is pushing? If Christie promotes restrictions on the proper use of opioids then by all means we should be against that. But expanding medical marijuana to PTSD was a good move and it should be done on the federal level as well. Do you not agree?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2d0-OPQ4Rs

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 08:38 AM
I think I know who the real troll is.:cool:

Usually its someone who comes into a serious thread and tries to derail it with nonsense. Now who would be doing that in this thread? :rolleyes:

timosman
03-30-2017, 08:40 AM
Usually its someone who comes into a serious thread and tries to derail it with nonsense. Now who would be doing that in this thread? :rolleyes:

Kennedy show on Fox (great show) :cool:

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Okay. I'm not sure why you would think that expanding medical marijuana to cover PTSD = restricting the use of prescription opioids. As for politicians being involved in pain medicine, that's already the case. And frankly I would rather use a joint to deal with a slipped disc (or better yet, chiropractic care to actually repair the slipped disk and heating pads and other natural methods to deal the with pain) than risk getting addicted to prescription opioids. But that's just me. Pop all the oxycontin you want.

I pulled my back 3 weeks ago. I couldn't even get out of bed for 3 days. I could not even turn from side to side. Even if I could have been carried to a chiropractor he would never have consented to working on me. Thankful I had opiods left over from a hernia operation. I was also glad that when I finally could go get examined I was able to get some oxy. Too bad I had to give someone $225 so he could give me the mandated 'script for that which I knew I needed. I still have half of that 'script that I put in my bug out bag.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 08:44 AM
Kennedy show on Fox (great show) :cool:

Well I like her show. You don't? Why not?

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 08:47 AM
I pulled my back 3 weeks ago. I couldn't even get out of bed for 3 days. I could not even turn from side to side. Even if I could have been carried to a chiropractor he would never have consented to working on me. Thankful I had opiods left over from a hernia operation. I was also glad that when I finally could go get examined I was able to get some oxy. Too bad I had to give someone $225 so he could give me the mandated 'script for that which I knew I needed. I still have half of that 'script that I put in my bug out bag.

Good for you. I'm all for people having options. Maybe if you could have legally smoked a joint that would have done the trick. Maybe not. Again I'm not sure why people seem intent into turning this thread into what it is not (at attack on your ability to use opioids for their intended purpose).

That said in the 3 weeks since you pulled your back did you go to a chiropractor? Just curious.

timosman
03-30-2017, 08:48 AM
Well I like her show. You don't? Why not?

Holy crap. You ask a lot of questions.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 08:50 AM
Holy crap. You ask a lot of questions.

LOL. So then you basically were throwing in random crap without a reason? Oops...there goes another question. :cool:

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 08:51 AM
Good for you. I'm all for people having options. Maybe if you could have legally smoked a joint that would have done the trick. Maybe not. Again I'm not sure why people seem intent into turning this thread into what it is not (at attack on your ability to use opioids for their intended purpose).

That said in the 3 weeks since you pulled your back did you go to a chiropractor? Just curious.

I smoke joints whether legal or not. It would not have "done the trick."

I have not gone to see a chiropractor yet. Wrangling with the V.A. over it. I have seen my massage therapist three times though and he has done wonders.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 09:06 AM
I smoke joints whether legal or not. It would not have "done the trick."

Okay. Like I said, I'm all for people having options. Opioids are overused because people don't have enough other legal options. I just want more legal options. If Christie pushes for more legal options like medicinal marijuana and more treatment options for people who are addicted to opioids and want help, like the OP article suggests, that's a good thing. If he instead goes into "prosecutor mode" that will suck and I will be right there with you attacking that.

I have not gone to see a chiropractor yet. Wrangling with the V.A. over it. I have seen my massage therapist three times though and he has done wonders.

It sucks that you have to fight with the V.A. over that. (Another reason why I don't want socialized medicine). I've been sold on chiropractors ever since one fixed my brother's back years ago. Before that I thought they were quacks. Thankfully I haven't needed one myself.

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 09:20 AM
Okay. Like I said, I'm all for people having options. Opioids are overused because people don't have enough other legal options. I just want more legal options. If Christie pushes for more legal options like medicinal marijuana and more treatment options for people who are addicted to opioids and want help, like the OP article suggests, that's a good thing. If he instead goes into "prosecutor mode" that will suck and I will be right there with you attacking that.

It sucks that you have to fight with the V.A. over that. (Another reason why I don't want socialized medicine). I've been sold on chiropractors ever since one fixed my brother's back years ago. Before that I thought they were quacks. Thankfully I haven't needed one myself.

Regarding Christie I see where you might see possible the good in it. I'm just tired of the constant back and forth I suppose and, so, my fallback position is "government out of it, period" and anything less is only a half-measure that only creates more problems.

As far as chiropractors I have used them before. Some with good results. Some not so helpful. I'm pretty sure that this was just a sprain. Albeit a major one. But, I still want to get in to see one.

H. E. Panqui
03-30-2017, 10:39 AM
:cool:

...'opioid czar' is an important constitutional function of the federal government...the choice of christie would make the authors of the constitution proud...bigly...

tod evans
03-30-2017, 10:57 AM

Weed should not be legislated, for or against....

As for "pain meds", opioid or others, I don't want to see those regulated by government either.............For the simple reason; "Everything government gets involved in it fucks up."

As for my use of meds............I generally try as weak as possible but I'm absolutely not scared of strong stuff either...Such maladies as an abcessed tooth over the holidays should never require an ER visit to obtain relief, that's insane...Sprained ankle, same....

tod evans
03-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Oh.............

While I'm typing about pain relief.... Given my druthers I'd druther buy 1/2 an oz of opium to keep in the medicine cabinet...

If you've never tried smoking opium it's by far easier to regulate for home use and not toxic like the pills big pharm peddles...

dannno
03-30-2017, 11:06 AM
Regarding Christie I see where you might see possible the good in it. I'm just tired of the constant back and forth I suppose and, so, my fallback position is "government out of it, period" and anything less is only a half-measure that only creates more problems.

How does legal herb create more problems compared to it being illegal?

Ya, I think opiates should be totally legal. But I'm not going to try and bring down a politician who wants to make the system better, when there are plenty lined up behind them who want to make things worse.

phill4paul
03-30-2017, 11:08 AM
How does legal herb create more problems compared to it being illegal?

Ya, I think opiates should be totally legal. But I'm not going to try and bring down a politician who wants to make the system better, when there are plenty lined up behind them who want to make things worse.

I wouldn't expect you to understand. Given as long as you have been on these forums, if you haven't figured it out by now then it would be wasted effort.

luctor-et-emergo
03-30-2017, 11:08 AM
I respect anyone that changes their view to the right one. If Christie wants to see drug addiction as a health problem instead of a criminal justice issue, then he has my respect. Apparently, and I don't know why this is, changing your opinion to the right one, morally and practically, seems to be a hard thing to do for politicians. I will applaud them when they do.

But I have to say, I don't have a lot of faith that Christie will do the right things. He still is one of those backroom-deal guys who primarily cares about his own power, not so much about principles... So yeah, well, good article, I hope good things come from it but I'm doubtful.

surf
03-30-2017, 12:00 PM
...'opioid czar' is an important constitutional function of the federal government...the choice of christie would make the authors of the constitution proud...bigly...

#3 He's a fucking idiot.

Go after the supplier:

Click here to view the original image of 979x590px and 628KB.
thread winners

wish I could share drake's optimism, but I sincerely doubt mayor mccheese has much interest in pot as an alternative to opioids and opioid addiction. i'm seeing another boneheaded effort at massive prohibition with all of the negative consequences of past prohibitions and more. civil liberties and compassion whither, oppression and misery flourish.

we libertarians aren't the only one's to see this. it takes a knucklehead to not see this. I've always seen Christie as a knucklehead.

jmdrake
03-30-2017, 12:10 PM
thread winners

wish I could share drake's optimism, but I sincerely doubt mayor mccheese has much interest in pot as an alternative to opioids and opioid addiction. i'm seeing another boneheaded effort at massive prohibition with all of the negative consequences of past prohibitions and more. civil liberties and compassion whither, oppression and misery flourish.

we libertarians aren't the only one's to see this. it takes a knucklehead to not see this. I've always seen Christie as a knucklehead.

I'm just trying to call em like I see em. Trump supporters think I hate Trump because I point out where he screws up (which sadly is quite often these days.) In this case if I accept the BSNBC article at face value (another dubious proposition), this may turn out to be a good thing. And yes it could be MOTSS. We'll have to see.

dannno
03-30-2017, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't expect you to understand. Given as long as you have been on these forums, if you haven't figured it out by now then it would be wasted effort.

What I understand is that while I would prefer to live in the most free society possible, I would rather live in a relatively free society with relatively free markets that has a couple laws I don't like over a communist dictatorship. What I understand is that freedom is a spectrum. What I understand is that most people aren't ready for freedom, and in fact many do not even want it. What I understand is that MORE freedom is always better than LESS freedom.

Zippyjuan
03-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Let's see. The stated problem is that doctors prescribe too many opiate drugs. He wants them more restricted to deal with that drug problem. On the other hand, he wants to cut the FDA which is responsible for such things and his FDA chief wants to cut restrictions on prescription drugs including opiates. At least Christie finally got a job.

http://raps.org/regulatoryDetail.aspx?id=26745

Trump to Pharma CEOs: 75% to 80% of FDA Regulations Will be Eliminated

In a sign of what’s to come for the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), President Donald Trump told pharmaceutical company CEOs Tuesday that his administration will be “cutting regulations at a level no one has ever seen before.”

The comments, which came before the meeting with CEOs from industry group PhRMA, Merck, Novartis, Johnson & Johnson, Celgene and others, Trump said in terms of the drug approval process: “We’re also going to be streamlining the process, so that from your standpoint, when you have a drug you can actually get it approved, instead of waiting for many, many years."

http://fortune.com/2017/03/29/fda-gottlieb-pharma-payments/

Trump’s Nominee to Lead the FDA Got Paid Millions by the Health Care Industry

Dr. Scott Gottlieb, President Donald Trump's nominee to head the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is a widely respected physician and prominent conservative health care thinker. He also has some serious financial ties to the industry he's tasked with overseeing if ultimately confirmed by the Senate.

Gottlieb has received millions of dollars in compensation from some 20-odd biopharma and health firms, according to financial disclosure documents reported by the Wall Street Journal.

H. E. Panqui
03-30-2017, 12:56 PM
...mock him all you want but trump is finally doing something about drugs!...and he is creating good paying job$ with benefit$ for his new 'opioid officer$'...and yes we can create even more good paying job$ with office$ for a marijuana czar, a meth czar, a crack cocaine czar, an alcohol czar, a magic mushroom czar, etc..it's all good...MASA...make america sober again...

sam1952
03-30-2017, 02:41 PM

#3 He's a fucking idiot.

This ^

merkelstan
03-30-2017, 04:57 PM
Better painkillers would be nice..

tod evans
03-30-2017, 05:01 PM
Better painkillers would be nice..

"Better" isn't really the issue, what's available now is sufficient to quell the pain of lopping off a limb....

Problem is government trying to keep it out of the hands of sufferers...

merkelstan
03-30-2017, 05:12 PM
Ok cause i'm down for 5 weeks now with a bulging disc. It sucks so bad.

So yeah some pain-killer that doesn't cause addiction would be nice.

Lying on the floor with the laptop on its side... At least i've got that.

tod evans
03-30-2017, 05:35 PM

Fear of painkillers doesn't mean they're not effective.

If you're scared of hydro's and oxy's try T-3 or T-4, honestly I've never had an issue doing oxy for 2-3 weeks every 4 hrs....But every body reacts differently..

merkelstan
03-30-2017, 05:39 PM
Thanks, I'll read up on those - very new to this

tod evans
03-30-2017, 05:40 PM
Thanks, I'll read up on those - very new to this

They both use codeine as the analgesic...

[edit]

If you've never taken big-pharm's "opioids" and you're in pain don't be scared because of "Teh Newz"......

Try 5-10mgs every 6 hrs twice then stop..........Pay attention for the next 24 hrs......If you just hurt and don't crave the buzz try every 6 hrs for 24 hrs....... You'll figure out how your body reacts/responds to them....

I know how I respond and I wouldn't hesitate to do heroin to alleviate pain..........But I flat out hate the buzz from pain killers....

merkelstan
03-31-2017, 03:28 AM
Back to prohibition topic.

Is everyone here for ending drug (and medicines) prohibition? No more FDA, DEA? No more Narco-terror? Amnesty for nonviolent drug offenders?

JohnCifelli1
03-31-2017, 06:31 AM
Greetings from NJ. Yes Christie signed medical MJ here, but he his administration has been sloth to approve dispensaries. There are many fewer than what the legislation prescribed, and it's not because there aren't businesses looking to do it.

I think there is an element to Christie's softening and focusing on drug abuse/addiction related to his historically bad approval ratings in this state. I think it's all a PR campaign to boost his image before he matriculates out of office.

H. E. Panqui
03-31-2017, 06:46 AM

Is everyone here for ending drug (and medicines) prohibition? No more FDA, DEA? No more Narco-terror? Amnesty for nonviolent drug offenders?

:eek:

...heaven forfend!!..we can't go soft on drugs now!!..we are so close to winning this drug war with great leaders and thinkers like president trump, gov. christie, gov. paul lepage, etc..

...besides, look at all the lost job$ with your idea!!..how are all the brave, hard-working, tax-paying, government employee drug warriors, jailers, judges, lawyers, drug counsellors, probation officers, peepee checkers, etc. ad nauseam, going to replace their income when they lose their job$!!!..THINK OF ALL THE LOST TAX REVENUE, YOU ANARCHIST DRUGGIES!!!...

...now is not the time to tuck tail and run!!!...drug war harder!!!...full steam ahead!!..

...as to prescription meds. you should know that regular people aren't capable of administering what goes into their bodies in this increasingly complicated world!!..THAT'S WHY WE HAVE GOVERNMENT-LICENSED DOCTORS!!

jmdrake
03-31-2017, 06:47 AM

I can't speak for everyone but the DEA should not exist and if it did exist it should be restricted to going after the CIA and other government agencies that deal drugs.

The FDA? Well they've allowed bad drugs like Vioxx while cracking down on Amish farmers selling salve so screw them too. Private organizations like Consumer Reports could do a better job educating the public on what's safe and what isn't. And yes, amnesty for nonviolent drug offenders. End the drug war. It's killed too many innocent people already.

Greetings from NJ. Yes Christie signed medical MJ here, but he his administration has been sloth to approve dispensaries. There are many fewer than what the legislation prescribed, and it's not because there aren't businesses looking to do it.

I think there is an element to Christie's softening and focusing on drug abuse/addiction related to his historically bad approval ratings in this state. I think it's all a PR campaign to boost his image before he matriculates out of office.

Thanks for your input! Note that I said from the get go I don't like or trust Christie. Okay, maybe (probably) he's faking it. Hopefully that means the tide has turned so much on the GWOD (global war on drugs) that even a hardcore drug warrior like Christie has to pretend to be something that he's not.

tod evans
03-31-2017, 06:50 AM

Everything government gets involved in it fucks up.

Origanalist
03-31-2017, 07:04 AM

Chiropractic may repair a slipped disc, I don't know. But it doesn't do shit for a bulging one, and clove oil will only give a minimal amount of relief.

jmdrake
03-31-2017, 07:08 AM
Chiropractic may repair a slipped disc, I don't know. But it doesn't do $#@! for a bulging one, and clove oil will only give a minimal amount of relief.

Actually chiropractic care does work for bulging disks.

https://www.laserspineinstitute.com/back_problems/bulging_disc/bulging_disc_treatments/chiropractic_care/

As for myself I'd rather take the "minimal relief" of clove oil and (perhaps) a joint over getting hooked on oxycontin. Perhaps opium in its natural form isn't so bad but I myself would stay away from the synthetic stuff. But like I already said "Pop all the oxycontin you want."

merkelstan
03-31-2017, 07:30 AM
interesting re: clove oil - i see a variety of oils are recommended. thanks. interestingly merkelstan has just legalized medical MJ also for chronic pain. Might try that too.

jmdrake
03-31-2017, 07:35 AM
interesting re: clove oil - i see a variety of oils are recommended. thanks. interestingly merkelstan has just legalized medical MJ also for chronic pain. Might try that too.

Ahhh...I get your name now. "Merkelstan" = Germany. LOL. And yeah, that's good news.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/29/health/global-marijuana-cannabis-laws/

Slowly...but surely...the world is waking up to the fact that the GWOD (global war on drugs) is a farce. Now if we can turn the corner on the GWOT (global war on terror).

Origanalist
03-31-2017, 07:36 AM

merkelstan

Tried to pm you but can't. Get this book, seriously.

https://www.amazon.com/Pain-Free-Revolutionary-Stopping-Chronic/dp/0553379887

Origanalist
03-31-2017, 07:38 AM
Actually chiropractic care does work for bulging disks.

https://www.laserspineinstitute.com/back_problems/bulging_disc/bulging_disc_treatments/chiropractic_care/

As for myself I'd rather take the "minimal relief" of clove oil and (perhaps) a joint over getting hooked on oxycontin. Perhaps opium in its natural form isn't so bad but I myself would stay away from the synthetic stuff. But like I already said "Pop all the oxycontin you want."

Have you ever had bulging discs? In my experience, it's a fools errand going to a Chiropractor.

jmdrake
03-31-2017, 07:40 AM
@<u><a href="http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=66749" target="_blank">merkelstan</a></u>

Tried to pm you but can't. Get this book, seriously.

https://www.amazon.com/Pain-Free-Revolutionary-Stopping-Chronic/dp/0553379887

Cool information! Thanks for sharing! I found this searching for info on that book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GofgORGXwHY

jmdrake
03-31-2017, 07:43 AM
Have you ever had bulging discs? In my experience, it's a fools errand going to a Chiropractor.

I have not. I know someone who had and he found chiropractic helpful and from what I've read it's helpful. But every case is different of course. Maybe some bulging disks are worse than others. I don't know. But I think you should be able to use oxycontin or pure opium or marijuana or whatever it is that you believe can help your situation. Acupuncture, acupressure, hypnosis, whatever. The gubmint should stay out of it.

Origanalist
03-31-2017, 07:43 AM
Cool information! Thanks for sharing! I found this searching for info on that book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GofgORGXwHY

It got me off my back when nothing else could. Nuff said.

Origanalist
03-31-2017, 07:47 AM
I have not. I know someone who had and he found chiropractic helpful and from what I've read it's helpful. But every case is different of course. Maybe some bulging disks are worse than others. I don't know. But I think you should be able to use oxycontin or pure opium or marijuana or whatever it is that you believe can help your situation. Acupuncture, acupressure, hypnosis, whatever. The gubmint should stay out of it.

I have had multiple fairly major ones, 165 pound guy in drywall for just about 40 years. Go figure. Chiropractic might help somewhat in mild cases but it doesn't get to the root of the problem at all. And I agree, the government should stay out of it entirely.

merkelstan
04-01-2017, 08:35 AM
thanks for the tips! i ended up discovering one of those exercises myself - lying on back with knees up and doing contractions - there are a few youtubes about it.

doing bettr today! cheers!

surf
04-01-2017, 02:50 PM
no more fucking czars. it's a bad word. eliminate them all.

Chris Christie Opioid czar....good? Surprisingly...maybe....
NO