PDA

View Full Version : Audit the Fed bill passes House panel

PatriotOne
03-28-2017, 01:08 PM
House panel passes bill to audit the Fed

Published: Mar 28, 2017 12:07 p.m. ET

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/house-panel-passes-bill-to-audit-the-fed-2017-03-28?siteid=rss&rss=1

A House panel on Tuesday approved legislation that would let a government watchdog audit the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy decisions, a move bitterly opposed by the central bank.

The House Committee on oversight and government reform passed the measure by voice vote after roughly 30 minutes of debate.
The bill was the brainchild of Ron Paul, the former House Republican and libertarian presidential candidate and sharp critic of the U.S. monetary policy. Versions of the bill have twice passed the House by wide margins but then stalled due to lack of support from Democrats in the Senate and the Obama administration.

Analysts said the measure has a better chance to become law now that Republicans control both houses of Congress and the White House. Paul’s son, Rand, the Republican senator from Kentucky, has introduced a similar measure in the Senate.

phill4paul
03-28-2017, 01:20 PM
[B]Analysts said the measure has a better chance to become law now that Republicans control both houses of Congress and the White House.

Analcyst's don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. It's not about whether Republicans control anything. It's about how many Republican's are 1) conservatives, 2) Constitutionalists. When you get that number and compare it to the opposition of the House in total then tell me what the chances are.

jonhowe
03-28-2017, 02:52 PM
Does anyone have the vote breakdown from the last audit bill? I recall it being the most bipartisan vote I'd ever seen.

Champ
03-28-2017, 10:12 PM
This bill and its predecessors have passed in the house 3 times now to my knowledge. The problem is the Senate, where it always dies. The last senate vote was 53-44 in favor, but it required 60 votes to be passed. All Republicans voted yes that were present, with a controversial absence of Ted Cruz. All Democrats voted no. Bernie Sanders was the only non-Republican yes vote as well.

timosman
03-28-2017, 10:15 PM
Bernie Sanders was the only non-Republican yes vote as well.

He waited until the very end and was probably the last one to vote. He waited to make sure his vote did not make the bill pass.

tsai3904
03-28-2017, 10:18 PM
This bill and its predecessors have passed in the house 3 times now to my knowledge. The problem is the Senate, where it always dies. The last senate vote was 53-44 in favor, but it required 60 votes to be passed. All Republicans voted yes that were present, with a controversial absence of Ted Cruz. All Democrats voted no. Bernie Sanders was the only non-Republican yes vote as well.

All Republicans didn't vote yes. Bob Corker of TN voted No.

All Democrats didn't vote no. Tammy Baldwin of WI voted Yes.

Here's the roll call:
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=114&session=2&vote=00002

Four Democratic Senators voted for the bill when they were in the House and voted against the bill when they were in the Senate:
Donnelly (IN)
Heinrich (NM)
Hirono (HI)
Murphy (CT)

CPUd
03-28-2017, 10:25 PM
If it clears Congress, what are the chances President Goldman will sign it?

Champ
03-28-2017, 10:29 PM
All Republicans didn't vote yes. Bob Corker of TN voted No.

All Democrats didn't vote no. Tammy Baldwin of WI voted Yes.

Here's the roll call:
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=114&session=2&vote=00002

Four Democratic Senators voted for the bill when they were in the House and voted against the bill when they were in the Senate:
Donnelly (IN)
Heinrich (NM)
Hirono (HI)
Murphy (CT)

Thank you for the correction.

dannno
03-28-2017, 10:56 PM

Higher than your mom after a fat dab.

eleganz
03-28-2017, 11:33 PM
He waited until the very end and was probably the last one to vote. He waited to make sure his vote did not make the bill pass.

Any source for this ?

RJ Liberty
03-28-2017, 11:43 PM
Any source for this ?

It's not true (http://www.newsweek.com/paul-sanders-join-forces-fed-414926). Sanders supported the bill since at least January 2016.

reduen
03-28-2017, 11:46 PM
Another chance for the critters to show themselves. This should be very interesting indeed...

RonZeplin
03-29-2017, 12:32 AM
It's time for President Trump to keep his campaign promise, and Audit the Fed.

http://i.imgur.com/1zK6E9g.gif

The Ron Paul - Audit the Fed Bill lives on, and Trump supports it (sort of)!

timosman
03-29-2017, 01:47 AM
Any source for this ?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?488088-Official-Thread-Senate-Vote-on-Audit-the-Fed-1-12-16&p=6095023&viewfull=1#post6095023

He also screwed Ron Paul in 2010:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?477885-Bernie-Sanders-is-a-Sell-Out-Guts-Audit-the-Fed-Amendment

devil21
03-29-2017, 02:09 AM

He will. But the bankers want it so statements like in the OP article that it is "bitterly opposed" are false. It was bitterly opposed when it wasn't on the banker's timeline. It's part of their timeline now.

shakey1
03-29-2017, 06:48 AM
My bet is that it will, once again, not fly.

http://d7.freedomworks.org.s3.amazonaws.com/field/image/100%20years%20of%20failure_1.jpg

RJ Liberty
03-29-2017, 08:32 AM
Any source for this ?

As his "source" for his statement that Bernie Sanders "waited until the very end and was probably the last one to vote" on the 2017 Audit the Fed bill, please note that Timosman has now linked back to someone quoting his own post from January 2016. That's quite a reliable source! :rolleyes:

timosman
03-29-2017, 12:31 PM
As his "source" for his statement that Bernie Sanders "waited until the very end and was probably the last one to vote" on the 2017 Audit the Fed bill, please note that Timosman has now linked back to someone quoting his own post from January 2016. That's quite a reliable source! :rolleyes:

Do your own homework. Find the C-SPAN feed from that time and see how Bernie runs at the very last moment to sign the bill. The linked thread will allow you to significantly narrow timing if you do not believe your fellow RPFers.

Snowball
03-29-2017, 01:16 PM
The entire notion of "auditing" the freaking Federal Reserve is so obviously
impossible that anyone who believes an audit of the monstrosity would be honest or
relevant is a certifiable dope.

The proposed faux-audit is nothing more than appeasement which will implant an
aura of legitimacy on the private monopoly of our money that is frosting on the cake for the Zionists.
Now they will ensure all the suckers how smart they are about money (ad nauseum), and how good they
have been, and how wise and beneficial their oversight and control is, while their congressional shabbos goy
worship at their feet like the prostrate, castrated servants they are.

I refuse to pay any attention to any "audit" of the Federal Reserve - nor will I believe for one
second that it is a good thing or in any way advances the cause for Constitutional money,
because it does just the opposite !

PatriotOne
03-29-2017, 01:27 PM
I refuse to pay any attention to any "audit" of the Federal Reserve - nor will I believe for one
second that it is a good thing or in any way advances the cause for Constitutional money,
because it does just the opposite !

I got some RyanCare Insurance to sell. You interested?

surf
03-29-2017, 11:12 PM
The entire notion of "auditing" the freaking Federal Reserve is so obviously
impossible that anyone who believes an audit of the monstrosity would be honest or
relevant is a certifiable dope.

The proposed faux-audit is nothing more than appeasement which will implant an
aura of legitimacy on the private monopoly of our money that is frosting on the cake for the Zionists.
Now they will ensure all the suckers how smart they are about money (ad nauseum), and how good they
have been, and how wise and beneficial their oversight and control is, while their congressional shabbos goy
worship at their feet like the prostrate, castrated servants they are.

because it does just the opposite !thanks for pissing on my cornflakes. if president shit-for-brains can be convinced this is a good idea, i'd like to think most of his minions including democrats would fall in line