PDA

View Full Version : [Fake News] Freedom Caucus Not Holding the Line, Fall to 18 No's on AHCA

jllundqu
03-24-2017, 11:11 AM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-24/healthcare-vote-timing-345-pm-445-pm-holdouts-drop

And in what may be more important news, CNBC's John Harwood reports that "Ryan/Trump have whittled hard no's in House Freedom Caucus down to around 18", with the outstanding question "How many moderates join them?"

William Tell
03-24-2017, 11:14 AM
NO!:mad:

Ender
03-24-2017, 11:15 AM
Shocked, I tell ya. :rolleyes:

dannno
03-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Shocked, I tell ya. :rolleyes:

You are shocked that the media is reporting fake news?

WTLaw
03-24-2017, 11:18 AM
Which means that the moderate no's have a place at the table, next to the freedom caucus no's.

Best case scenario, is an up/down repeal vote of obamacare. The rest will have to be done piecemeal. There is no other option, if they do nothing, the blame democrats feel for obamacare gets spread around a little, if they pass trumpcare, costs will make it just as unpopular...

TheTexan
03-24-2017, 11:19 AM
You are shocked that the media is reporting fake news?

Or maybe the freedom caucus is realizing how Great this bill is.

It's a pretty great bill. Maybe even the best bill.

Zippyjuan
03-24-2017, 11:21 AM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-24/healthcare-vote-timing-345-pm-445-pm-holdouts-drop

If accurate, they only need three "soft nos" to stop it. Other factor is that changes made to try to lure in more from the Freedom Caucus may turn other current supporters to vote against it. Herding cats it is sometimes called.

Jan2017
03-24-2017, 11:21 AM
Which means that the moderate no's have a place at the table, next to the freedom caucus no's.

If the four others that have stated themselves as solid "no" then it will be close . . . closest in US history?.

- or - all it takes is a handful of GOP "present" votes (not a yes but counts to what number is a majority)

AuH20
03-24-2017, 11:24 AM
Bill is dead. If it somehow gets through, it's dead in the Senate. Repugs can't find 5 votes from dems in the Senate.

CPUd
03-24-2017, 11:27 AM
Bill is dead. If it somehow gets through, it's dead in the Senate. Repugs can't find 5 votes from dems in the Senate.

President Donald will cut a deal with Cuck Schumer and Mitch has already said he will ram it through.

eleganz
03-24-2017, 02:30 PM
CNBC :rolleyes:

Bills dead in the house.

Champ
03-24-2017, 02:35 PM
Interesting thread.

jllundqu
03-24-2017, 02:48 PM
I think there should be a notification to the author of the OP when a thread title is changed without permission. Why was my thread changed to "[FAKE NEWS]"?? I sourced it and it was reported plainly.... obviously the numbers were wrong, but did a CNBC reporter not claim those numbers?
Bryan Brian4Liberty mods? anyone?

That really pisses me off.

William Tell
03-24-2017, 02:55 PM
I think there should be a notification to the author of the OP when a thread title is changed without permission. Why was my thread changed to "[FAKE NEWS]"?? I sourced it and it was reported plainly.... obviously the numbers were wrong, but did a CNBC reporter not claim those numbers?
@Bryan (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=2) @Brian4Liberty (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=1874) mods? anyone?

I'm with you. Actually the reports I saw showed several members of the Freedom Caucus by name were supporting the bill. There were several moderates against the bill. The idea that all the FC stood strong has no evidence from what I've seen. It was a perfect storm that killed it.

Bryan
03-25-2017, 08:24 AM
Bryan Brian4Liberty mods? anyone?

Normally something is changed to add a "[disputed]". Titles are sometimes changed but when they are there is generally a [ ] markup added so everyone knows. This policy has worked well given the current tech we have in place. Your issue has otherwise been noted for future consideration. Thanks.

Jan2017
03-25-2017, 08:45 AM
Normally something is changed to add a "[disputed]". Titles are sometimes changed but when they are there is generally a [ ] markup added so everyone knows. This policy has worked well given the current tech we have in place. Your issue has otherwise been noted for future consideration. Thanks.

Gee, OP wants to defend regurgitating obvious fake news getting designated as [Fake News] (?)

GOP Revolt Sinks Bid to Void Health Law

I respectfully submit that any obvious fake news gets moved to some obscure corner like Hot Topics so no one sees the bullchit.