PDA

View Full Version : Trump wants AHCA vote on Friday, if it fails, "he is done with healthcare"

WTLaw
03-23-2017, 07:33 PM
Add this to the threat of primarying any no voting representatives, and Trump apparently is trying to play hardball to preserve TRUMPCARE.

Well, I got a power play for the chump. Right now, Trump only has a pretty thin margin for error if articles of impeachment are brought. I assume the democrats would vote yes reflexively, after all.

If he wants to start threatening the political future of sizable parts of the GOP congress, he better be smart enough to realize that he needs those congressmen to continue to pretend they like him. He is, truthfully, of the weakest position in the national government.

After all, secretly, and maybe not so secretly for some, Pence would be a whole lot more popular. Under Pence, I have no doubt we could get a bill that at least repeals the ACA, and he wouldn't be a constantly embarrassing the GOP, leaking political capital everywhere.

undergroundrr
03-23-2017, 07:36 PM
Always been a progressive. He doesn't give a crap about the GOP.

William Tell
03-23-2017, 07:38 PM
Lol explain this dannno

phill4paul
03-23-2017, 07:39 PM
After all, secretly, and maybe not so secretly for some, Pence would be a whole lot more popular. Under Pence, I have no doubt we could get a bill that at least repeals the ACA, and he wouldn't be a constantly embarrassing the GOP, leaking political capital everywhere.

Sleep it off.

phill4paul
03-23-2017, 07:40 PM
Lol explain this dannno

:D:D : D is could be goood.

William Tell
03-23-2017, 07:40 PM
So the options are TrumpCare and Obamacare, Trump doesn't seem to care which. He'll blame it on Rand if Obamacare stays around.

Swordsmyth
03-23-2017, 07:43 PM
I assume you are referring to this: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...amacare-repeal (http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/325568-trump-tells-gop-to-take-it-or-leave-it-on-obamacare-repeal)

"President Trump warned House Republicans on Thursday that he will leave ObamaCare in place unless they approve legislation to repeal and replace it.

Trump officials meeting with the House GOP conference said Trump is done negotiating over the legislation, which was set to come up for a vote Thursday but was delayed.

Budget Director Mick Mulvaney, a former member of the House Freedom Caucus that has been negotiating with Trump, told the GOP conference that Trump wants a vote on Friday during a dramatic closed-door meeting, according to a GOP source in the room.

If the vote fails, Trump will move on to other priorities and ObamaCare will stay as the law of the land, Mulvaney said."

To which I reply: This is just plain stupid. Congress can send any bill they want to Dump and then he will have to sign or veto it.

r3volution 3.0
03-23-2017, 07:45 PM
If he wants to start threatening the political future of sizable parts of the GOP congress, he better be smart enough to realize that he needs those congressmen to continue to pretend they like him. He is, truthfully, of the weakest position in the national government.

Trump's ego, meet reality.

Should be fun to watch.

phill4paul
03-23-2017, 07:45 PM
So the options are TrumpCare and Obamacare, Trump doesn't seem to care which. He'll blame it on Rand if Obamacare stays around.

Rand talks to him three times a day. At least one of those calls would be taken during a golf match. Business deals are made on the fairway. "Fair away from prying eyes." Like Obama's spies. Therefore, Rand and Trump have secretly colluded to destroy Paul Ryan. I don't see how you don't understand this. dannno could explain it better than I could.

specsaregood
03-23-2017, 07:46 PM
Lol explain this dannno

seems pretty reasonable of a statement to me. If they don't vote on it, he is done pushing, campaigning and talking about it. That doesn't mean that he wont sign something the house and senate get around to passing later. On the surface this should be a good thing, giving them time to work up something better. I mean in theory that is....

William Tell
03-23-2017, 07:47 PM
seems pretty reasonable of a statement to me. If they don't vote on it, he is done pushing, campaigning and talking about it. That doesn't mean that he wont sign something the house and senate get around to passing later. On the surface this should be a good thing, giving them time to work up something better. I mean in theory that is....
Except on the surface Trump is saying "pass my damn plan, assholes or America keeps Obamacare"

specsaregood
03-23-2017, 07:53 PM
Except on the surface Trump is saying "pass my damn plan, assholes or America keeps Obamacare"

which we all know will fail at some point anyways. as I see it, he can't really lose with his position. That's probably what he has wanted all along anyways... then he'll be the one to sign into law the single payer fuckjob.

Cleaner44
03-23-2017, 07:54 PM
If and when the Congress passes a new bill, Trump will sign whatever they put in front of him. Right now he needs to either help Rand or shut the fuck up.

WTLaw
03-23-2017, 08:00 PM
which we all know will fail at some point anyways. as I see it, he can't really lose with his position. That's probably what he has wanted all along anyways... then he'll be the one to sign into law the single payer $#@!job.

He already has lost. To be threatening your own members like he has, this early...hell, at all, is the mark of a disgraced leader. He is inches away from being a lame duck, already. He cant fight both sides, simply cant, and this is where he finds that business maneuvering is far different than legislative politics.

AuH20
03-23-2017, 08:01 PM
Let it die and use the leverage when the times comes. May be the smart move.

WTLaw
03-23-2017, 08:02 PM
If and when the Congress passes a new bill, Trump will sign whatever they put in front of him. Right now he needs to either help Rand or shut the $#@! up.

The only problem with that is, that passing a healthcare bill requires leadership. It shouldn't, but it does. It never ceases to amaze how few real conservatives there really are in congress.

georgiaboy
03-23-2017, 08:02 PM
Hey Mr. President, you don't call the shots here.

This is the Legislative process.

The bill will get to your desk in due time.

Go back to your oval office and get to work shrinking the executive branch.

WTLaw
03-23-2017, 08:07 PM

Not the way Trump operates. He is incapable of preserving political capital. In 6 months, he will be in the 20 percent approval zone at best. Even Dannno will abandon him. And the GOP will only have 2 years before the trump backlash levels congress, so, it has to be done soon.

Shelve it, and its over. The trump presidency, and the dream of repealing obamacare under trump.

AuH20
03-23-2017, 08:10 PM
Not the way Trump operates. He is incapable of preserving political capital. In 6 months, he will be in the 20 percent approval zone at best. Even Dannno will abandon him. And the GOP will only have 2 years before the trump backlash levels congress, so, it has to be done soon.

Shelve it, and its over. The trump presidency, and the dream of repealing obamacare under trump.

He's already discussed it.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/03/trump-blame-democrats-health-care.html

A White House official said Trump made it clear that “this is the chance to repeal and replace,” but Politico and CNN reported that he also brought up his fallback plan: Let Obamacare fail on its own, blame the Democrats, and push another Republican health-care plan two years from now.

WTLaw
03-23-2017, 08:16 PM
Good chance he isn't president in 2 years.

Besides, there is no reason to threaten Republicans the way he is doing if his con were to blame democrats in 2 years. Why not just let the bill fail sorta quietly, then wander off to some other subject? He gains nothing with the ultimatum. He is showing his cards, and they arent good.

He really is incompetent.

TheTexan
03-23-2017, 08:19 PM
if articles of impeachment are brought.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/jlaw-whtvr.gif

CPUd
03-23-2017, 08:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-VTbt-i_b4

Jamesiv1
03-23-2017, 08:31 PM
Good chance he isn't president in 2 years.

Besides, there is no reason to threaten Republicans the way he is doing if his con were to blame democrats in 2 years. Why not just let the bill fail sorta quietly, then wander off to some other subject? He gains nothing with the ultimatum. He is showing his cards, and they arent good.

He really is incompetent.
You might want to do some research before you embarrass yourself again.

WTLaw
03-23-2017, 08:44 PM
All earthly leaders fall sometime. Trump, an especially vane and incautious man, will fall quicker and farther than most.

And I bet, at the end, it will be Republicans who make it happen. Mercifully.

phill4paul
03-23-2017, 08:48 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/jlaw-whtvr.gif

Sexy. A true American male does not feel fulfilled without a challenge. She and I would strike up a conversation. I would force it if I had to. American women respect that. I'd also talk up her non-american ugly friend. Find out what kind of a ride they came in on the low down. My America wit would put hottie a bit off. She, being an American woman, would bite. alpha begins with "A" just like American. She'd then want to check out my rhythm. Ask me to the dance floor. That's her way of seeing if I'm a spy for Russia. American men don't dance and she'd expect me to bow out with "I gotta piss, you go ahead." I'd tell her to go ahead with her ugly "friend," who I'm beginning to think is a commie agitator. And possibly a bitter lesbian commie agitator that considers my man meat a threat. Warranted, but come on. I'd excuse myself to the bathroom, then make a zig-zag to the parking lot. Once there I'd find the car. I'd tell the lot security guy "Hey, Dwayne, here's $15, go around the side." Then I'd pull the hose to the fuel filter off and crimp it. I'd go back in and keep the intensity going. TLDR: America woman's car won't start and I only got a two seater. Because the back of the quad cab is full of construction tools. ;) Booom!

TheTexan
03-23-2017, 08:51 PM
Sexy. A true American male does not feel fulfilled without a challenge. She and I would strike up a conversation. I would force it if I had to. American women respect that. I'd also talk up her non-american ugly friend. Find out what kind of a ride they came in on the low down. My America wit would put hottie a bit off. She, being an American woman, would bite. alpha begins with "A" just like American. She'd then want to check out my rhythm. Ask me to the dance floor. That's her way of seeing if I'm a spy for Russia. American men don't dance and she'd expect me to bow out with "I gotta piss, you go ahead." I'd tell her to go ahead with her ugly "friend," who I'm beginning to think is a commie agitator. And possibly a bitter lesbian commie agitator that considers my man meat a threat. Warranted, but come on. I'd excuse myself to the bathroom, then make a zig-zag to the parking lot. Once there I'd find the car. I'd tell the lot security guy "Hey, Dwayne, here's $15, go around the side." Then I'd pull the hose to the fuel filter off and crimp it. I'd go back in and keep the intensity going. TLDR: America woman's car won't start and I only got a two seater. Because the back of the quad cab is full of construction tools. ;) Booom!

I've seen her naked

UWDude
03-23-2017, 08:53 PM
Except on the surface Trump is saying "pass my damn plan, $#@!s or America keeps Obamacare"

Which is good, because if that happens, Trump loses, and trump is a tyrant.

AngryCanadian
03-23-2017, 08:54 PM

Since the idiotic liberals and Obama still claims that Obamacare helped people, i say let Trump save it and let the idiotic leftists see how wrong they were about Obama, only reality and facts are going to wake up those idiots.

AngryCanadian
03-23-2017, 08:55 PM
Which is good, because if that happens, Trump loses, and trump is a tyrant.

So you preferred Hillary tyrant?

dude58677
03-23-2017, 08:55 PM
There is no penalty for refusing to fill out line 61 according to the Executive Order. It's voluntary.

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2017/02/27/trumps-executive-order-on-obamacare-leads-to-a-big.aspx

phill4paul
03-23-2017, 08:58 PM
I've seen her naked

I'm sorry. Those kinda dates are the worst. A woman crying on your should making naked her emotions, what was her name?, known. While everyone else is having a good time. She, what is her phone number again?, was probably just getting over telling her lesbian, commie, agitator, friend that she, that address seems familiar, what was it again,? was an American girl and not gay. She really seems like she would be different under other circumstances. Do you have any nekkid pictures of her?

TheTexan
03-23-2017, 08:59 PM
Do you have any nekkid pictures of her?

I've got an internet full of 'em

phill4paul
03-23-2017, 09:01 PM
I've got an internet full of 'em

What cars do they drive?

Anti Federalist
03-23-2017, 09:02 PM
The feckless, spineless, worthless GOP establishment in Congress is who is to blame here.

They passed five ObamaCare repeal laws when it was clear they would be vetoed.

Just pass the repeal legislation that you worthless fuckers passed in 2015 and call it done.

Assenholes.

phill4paul
03-23-2017, 09:04 PM
The feckless, spineless, worthless GOP establishment in Congress is who is to blame here.

They passed five ObamaCare repeal laws when it was clear they would be vetoed.

Just pass the repeal legislation that you worthless fuckers passed in 2015 and call it done.

Assenholes.

That's the long and short of it.

Repeal. Up/Down. Your past vote will be compared.

TheTexan
03-23-2017, 09:04 PM
What cars do they drive?

https://media.giphy.com/media/y65VoOlimZaus/giphy.gif

Superfluous Man
03-23-2017, 09:05 PM
So, if Congress passes a bill that would fulfill a major campaign promise of Trump's, he'll veto it?

Superfluous Man
03-23-2017, 09:05 PM
And didn't he say that healthcare was one of the top three responsibilities of the government?

phill4paul
03-23-2017, 09:06 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/y65VoOlimZaus/giphy.gif

That's not an American model.

CPUd
03-23-2017, 09:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7p0zurUwAEzaJf.jpg

anaconda
03-23-2017, 10:25 PM
If and when the Congress passes a new bill, Trump will sign whatever they put in front of him. Right now he needs to either help Rand or shut the $#@! up.

Just continue to veto until they pass Rand's bill. Problems solved.

TheCount
03-23-2017, 10:37 PM
Even Dannno will abandon him.I have my doubts.

TheCount
03-23-2017, 10:56 PM
So, if Congress passes a bill that would fulfill a major campaign promise of Trump's, he'll veto it?He only promised government health care for everyone during the campaign in order to later use that promise against Ryan, whom he knew would be re-elected speaker.

Anti-Neocon
03-24-2017, 01:34 AM
Meanwhile, cognitive dissonance reaches another all-time high in Trumplandia. (Watch as Trump trolls bump months-old threads about Trump winning an election, as if we don't already know what happened). Anything to keep their small brains off the fact that their hero is the chief promoter of LyinRyanCare.

invisible
03-24-2017, 05:52 AM
What cars do they drive?

Cut to the chase here. The real question is if both her and her friend are up for the 3-some. I'd wipe all that makeup off her first, though.

CaptUSA
03-24-2017, 06:41 AM
Lol explain this dannno

Gotta wait until Stefan's show... After that, I'm sure we'll see some brilliant talking points to explain. And then, the rest of us will just feel stupid.

Origanalist
03-24-2017, 06:44 AM
Gotta wait until Stefan's show... After that, I'm sure we'll see some brilliant talking points to explain. And then, the rest of us will just feel stupid.

I feel dumber just thinking about it.

William Tell
03-24-2017, 06:48 AM

William Tell
03-24-2017, 07:07 AM

EBounding
03-24-2017, 07:15 AM
Look. Even though Ryan's bill reflects everything Trump said during the campaign, and even though Trump is endorsing the bill, and even though Trump is commanding Republicans to vote for it, we all know Trump has strong libertarian principles and will do the right thing.

WTLaw
03-24-2017, 07:22 AM

Trump threatening something like this is precisely why the freedom caucus cant go along. Again, Trump needs them. Its his own demise, if he starts attacking parts of his coalition.

timosman
03-24-2017, 07:37 AM

Trump the trickster.

timosman
03-24-2017, 07:37 AM

Yes, a banana republic.

Jan2017
03-24-2017, 08:18 AM
Lol explain this @dannno (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=10908)

My 2 centences . . .

Trump negotiations added a net loss of votes for Ryancare Phase One version 207B -
version 207C comes out this morning and then with the last night procedural vote "Same Day Rule" means
they debate and vote on this version Friday afternoon.

Priebus and Bannon got on Ryan's arse last night, and Trump demanded they vote, Ryan didn't want to be thrown in the fryer just yet.
The pig with lipstick is getting roasted today it seems.

Trump will sign whatever future Obamacare GOP repeal legislation comes to his desk - he won't veto it -
it is the GOP Congress' bill and ball game, leverage against some Dims is play ball or clean repeal.
Trump signs that too if it comes to his desk. Trump's gotta wall to build anyway.

dannno
03-24-2017, 09:06 AM
Lol explain this @dannno (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=10908)

:D:D : D is could be goood.

Uh, come on guys, why don't you do a simple google search and see that the OP got the quote completely wrong??

Stop falling for fake news.

Trump said he is done negotiating THIS bill, and wants the vote held Friday (today). He didn't say he is permanently done negotiating health care, that is the spin some of the media are putting on it, he said he is done negotiating this bill and now wants the vote to happen as quickly as possible.

Actually all it took was looking up the actual quote on google to make you look stupid. How does that feel?

WTLaw
03-24-2017, 09:31 AM
His own tweets, Danno. Like 3 posts up.

Superfluous Man
03-24-2017, 09:39 AM

Damn it, Thomas. Can you please spell the words "to" and "be" out like an adult?

dannno
03-24-2017, 09:40 AM

The tweets talking about Planned Parenthood? What does that have to do with the title of the thread?

The title of the thread says that if the vote fails, THEN he does is done debating about health care.

What Trump actually said is that he is done debating AHCA, and wants the vote held on Friday (today).

This thread is fake news. Can the Mods edit the title?

I mean, this thread fraudulently implies that if the vote fails, Trump won't want to work with Rand on a better bill. And that is horse shit. This thread has a false premise and it is working against the mission statement of the website.

William Tell
03-24-2017, 09:40 AM
Damn it, Thomas. Can you please spell the words "to" and "be" out like an adult?

No. Not with twitter's 140 limit.

WTLaw
03-24-2017, 09:45 AM
The tweets talking about Planned Parenthood? What does that have to do with the title of the thread?

The title of the thread says that if the vote fails, THEN he does is done debating about health care.

What Trump actually said is that he is done debating AHCA, and wants the vote held on Friday (today).

I mean, this implies that if the vote fails, Trump won't want to work with Rand on a better bill. This thread has a false premise and is working against the mission statement of the website.

Stop the plan, and planned parenthood continues. That is what it has to do with the bill. It directly references "the plan"...and if you stop it.

dannno
03-24-2017, 09:49 AM
Stop the plan, and planned parenthood continues. That is what it has to do with the bill. It directly references "the plan"...and if you stop it.

lol, ya, it absolutely does continue until they pass a bill that ends it :rolleyes:

jllundqu
03-24-2017, 09:51 AM
This could be politically better in the long run. If the republicans simply let obamacare COMPLETELY collapse, unchanged, as it were, then the democrats are solely responsible. Trump could say "We tried to get improvements and tried to do healthcare, but didn't happen, this is on the democrats".

That's how I would spin it anyway...

undergroundrr
03-24-2017, 09:55 AM

I mean, this thread fraudulently implies that if the vote fails, Trump won't want to work with Rand on a better bill. And that is horse $#@!. This thread has a false premise and it is working against the mission statement of the website.

http://gimoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/twister-game.jpg

dannno
03-24-2017, 09:59 AM
As soon as Paul Ryan is out, Trump will be ready to debate health care again.

Superfluous Man
03-24-2017, 09:59 AM
No. Not with twitter's 140 limit.

He wasted a lot of characters on "exec branch" and "legislative branch."

Superfluous Man
03-24-2017, 10:04 AM

Those tweets don't indicate that he'll give up on healthcare legislation, only that he'll give up on trying to satisfy conservatives and libertarians with healthcare legislation.

Don't forget, the kind of reform Trump really wants is single-payer healthcare. If he can get behind a bill the Dems support, he'll only need a small minority of Republicans to join them.

TheCount
03-24-2017, 10:05 AM
As soon as Paul Ryan is out, Trump will be ready to debate health care again.And if that is never?

WTLaw
03-24-2017, 10:06 AM
As soon as Paul Ryan is out, Trump will be ready to debate health care again.

You're like the dennis hopper character in apocalypse now. You would think "he can't be serious", and the truth is, it doesnt matter. Not worth my time trying to figure out if your serious or not.

dannno
03-24-2017, 10:08 AM
And if that is never?

It happens soon after the vote fails. Trump is setting AHCA up to be a YUUUGE failure.. and it isn't Trump's fault, he did everything he could. He supports Paul Ryan, he supports the bill, he supports the party. Paul Ryan just isn't a good enough leader.

WTLaw
03-24-2017, 10:09 AM
He has done everything he could to pass it.

Superfluous Man
03-24-2017, 10:13 AM
You're like the dennis hopper character in apocalypse now. You would think "he can't be serious", and the truth is, it doesnt matter. Not worth my time trying to figure out if your serious or not.

When Stef gives Danno permission to change his mind, then Danno will change his mind. Stop rushing him.

dannno
03-24-2017, 10:13 AM
He has done everything he could to pass it.

That's exactly what I said. That is his plan. But he knows it isn't going to pass, because Rand and other trustworthy folks have told him so.

But it doesn't matter, the blame falls on Paul Ryan for this, not the President.

AuH20
03-24-2017, 10:14 AM

WTLaw
03-24-2017, 10:17 AM
If it fails, it fails in Trumps face. Does not help him. Maybe it was Ryan's bill yesterday morning, but after Ryan pulled the vote, and Trump insisted that it be held today, it became his baby.

Besides, Paul Ryan is such a squish he will do whatever Trump tells him. I actually think Ryan would push Randcare if Trump merely asked. He didn't need to bother with this. But he wants this.

Superfluous Man
03-24-2017, 10:21 AM
Have any Republicans spoken against the bill on the floor yet? I've just popped in and out of CSPAN.

dannno
If it fails, it fails in Trumps face. Does not help him. Maybe it was Ryan's bill yesterday morning, but after Ryan pulled the vote, and Trump insisted that it be held today, it became his baby.

I totally disagree. Trump is pushing Paul Ryan to put up or shut up.

And again, Trump knows it is going to fail. He has been talking to Rand three times a week, one on one, and Rand said there is no way it is passing, it doesn't have the votes. So why would Trump do this if it was going to blow up in his face? He is doing it because it is going to blow up in Paul Ryan's face, because that is who is responsible for getting the votes.

Besides, Paul Ryan is such a squish he will do whatever Trump tells him. I actually think Ryan would push Randcare if Trump merely asked. He didn't need to bother with this. But he wants this.

Hahhahahhaha.. no.... Paul Ryan is deep state supreme, he will only push what his masters tell him. That is why Trump needs a new speaker asap.

William Tell
Have any Republicans spoken against the bill on the floor yet? I've just popped in and out of CSPAN.

As far as I know none of the good guys have been given time. Not sure if they will be.

Superfluous Man
03-24-2017, 10:22 AM
If it fails, it fails in Trumps face. Does not help him.

It does help him if he wants to pass single-payer healthcare.

William Tell
03-24-2017, 10:25 AM
Hahhahahhaha.. no.... Paul Ryan is deep state supreme, he will only push what his masters tell him. That is why Trump needs a new speaker asap.

Well, I guess that explains why Trump says he will support Ryan even if his plan fails.:rolleyes:

TheCount
03-24-2017, 10:40 AM
It happens soon after the vote fails. Trump is setting AHCA up to be a YUUUGE failure.. and it isn't Trump's fault, he did everything he could. He supports Paul Ryan, he supports the bill, he supports the party. Paul Ryan just isn't a good enough leader.Stop... stop... my sig can only get so big.

dannno
03-24-2017, 10:55 AM
Well, I guess that explains why Trump says he will support Ryan even if his plan fails.:rolleyes:

Ya, like I said that was doubling down. I totally expected this kind of behavior, Trump has to SELL IT HARD. He has to push for the bill, support Paul Ryan and make it look like he is unified with the party. Then when the vote fails, it is Paul Ryan's fault. If Trump didn't put 100% of his effort into it, and make it look like he was unified with the party, it would be framed as Trump's fault.

Brian4Liberty
03-24-2017, 10:56 AM
Add this to the threat of primarying any no voting representatives, and Trump apparently is trying to play hardball to preserve TRUMPCARE.

Well, I got a power play for the chump. Right now, Trump only has a pretty thin margin for error if articles of impeachment are brought. I assume the democrats would vote yes reflexively, after all.

Is this "take it or leave it" tactic described in The Art of the Deal?

CaptUSA
03-24-2017, 11:01 AM
Ya, like I said that was doubling down. I totally expected this kind of behavior, Trump has to SELL IT HARD. He has to push for the bill, support Paul Ryan and make it look like he is unified with the party. Then when the vote fails, it is Paul Ryan's fault. If Trump didn't put 100% of his effort into it, and make it look like he was unified with the party, it would be framed as Trump's fault.

I thought he wasn't a politician... Even in your crazy scenario, he still comes out as the biggest politician there is. So he's not working for a good bill, he's working for political capital? Because once he has the power... :rolleyes:

AuH20
03-24-2017, 11:02 AM

dannno
03-24-2017, 11:06 AM
I thought he wasn't a politician... Even in your crazy scenario, he still comes out as the biggest politician there is. So he's not working for a good bill, he's working for political capital? Because once he has the power... :rolleyes:

In my scenario, Paul Ryan gets kicked out as Speaker of the House and we get a good health care bill with real free market reforms. That makes Trump a winner.

Ender
03-24-2017, 11:12 AM
In my scenario, Paul Ryan gets kicked out as Speaker of the House and we get a good health care bill with real free market reforms. That makes Trump a winner.

Don't hold your breath on this one, dannno- I still want you around. ;)

Jan2017
03-24-2017, 12:07 PM
Stop... stop... my sig can only get so big.
I presumed the sig quotes are always just quotes taken out of context. Ya' still don't get what I said in response to trumpCARE designation by ya'all, huh ?

TheCount
03-24-2017, 12:34 PM
I presumed the sig quotes are always just quotes taken out of context.Do you see the little double arrow next to the person's name at the top of the quote? If you click that it will take you to the post and you can read the context yourself.

Mordan
03-24-2017, 01:36 PM
All earthly leaders fall sometime. Trump, an especially vane and incautious man, will fall quicker and farther than most.

And I bet, at the end, it will be Republicans who make it happen. Mercifully.

any paid shill.. I wish I could just ignore them. Join date Nov2015!!

Champ
03-24-2017, 01:39 PM
Pulled.

Jan2017
03-24-2017, 01:40 PM

Ryancare, ObamacareLite, trumpcare Whatevercare

They already voted for a vote today, but yeah, Paul Ryan tried.

Trump Insists on Vote to Repeal Health Care, Despite Facing Defeat

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Paul D. Ryan, facing a revolt among conservative and moderate Republicans, told President Trump on Friday that he did not have the votes to pass legislation to repeal the Affordable Care Act and to decide whether to pull the bill from consideration. But the president insisted that lawmakers cast their public votes Friday afternoon.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/us/politics/health-care-affordable-care-act.html

Jan2017
03-24-2017, 01:54 PM
Not sure Paul Ryan saves face . . . Motion to Vacate speaker can be put in the docket.
House Republicans pull health care bill

Before the vote was canceled, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Friday afternoon that
Trump has "left everything on the field when it comes to this bill."

But Republicans had few firm commitments from conservatives and watched a continued exodus of moderates. This was exactly what House leadership was worried would happen when they changed the bill, the source said.

Friday afternoon, moderate Republicans and members of the conservative Freedom Caucus have indicated they won't back the bill.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/24/politics/house-health-care-vote/

TheTexan
03-24-2017, 02:19 PM
Ryancare, ObamacareLite, trumpcare Whatevercare

They already voted for a vote today, but yeah, Paul Ryan tried.

Trump Insists on Vote to Repeal Health Care, Despite Facing Defeat

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Paul D. Ryan, facing a revolt among conservative and moderate Republicans, told President Trump on Friday that he did not have the votes to pass legislation to repeal the Affordable Care Act and to decide whether to pull the bill from consideration. But the president insisted that lawmakers cast their public votes Friday afternoon.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/us/politics/health-care-affordable-care-act.html

https://media.giphy.com/media/rY64EvrqymV2M/giphy.gif

AuH20
03-24-2017, 02:22 PM
The dems are cheering, but they have no clue what's coming. It's going to be satisfying to see this thing blow up naturally.

enhanced_deficit
03-24-2017, 02:23 PM
"The art of the bluff".

Looks like DGPcare may have to find a more natural end.

TheTexan
03-24-2017, 02:24 PM
The dems are cheering, but they have no clue what's coming. It's going to be satisfying to see this thing blow up naturally.

In what scenario do you see, that the dems don't come out on top?

I'll reiterate... the only winning move here, is to accept whatever bill Paul Ryan puts on the table, and then spend the next 4 years talking about how great it is. It's the only way I see, that we don't lose to the Democrats.

AuH20
03-24-2017, 02:27 PM
Until we clean up Trump's cabinet and the congressional majority roles, then I'm skeptical.

dude58677
03-24-2017, 02:29 PM
The Executive Order stands so Obamacare remains voluntary. You won't be penalized if you don't fill out box 61.

AuH20
03-24-2017, 02:30 PM
I'm mentally ready for a third party. Corporatists need to burn. They run & win on conservative ideas and then implement fascist policies behind the scenes.

seapilot
03-24-2017, 05:14 PM
I'm mentally ready for a third party. Corporatists need to burn. They run & win on conservative ideas and then implement fascist policies behind the scenes.

Its almost as if there already is one in the Freedom Caucus. Its because of them that Ryan's bill died. Its a party within a party.

CPUd
03-24-2017, 05:19 PM
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/845383002364489728

Superfluous Man
03-24-2017, 05:39 PM
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/845383002364489728

I called it.

Statuesque of Liberty
03-24-2017, 06:02 PM
A lot of my co-workers are Democrats. I really get tired of their entitled mentality. I don't like Donald Trump. Never did. He just seems as bad as them. What ever happened to small government republicans:confused: My company is a business, but some employees there still hate business. I don't know why they even work there. They think the gov and the owners should just pay everything for them. Like they should pay every healthcare bill they have. They even think that's what universal healthcare is:rolleyes: These women have bad relationships and think gov is a substitute. They can't even find a man but they love gov.

phill4paul
03-24-2017, 06:07 PM
A lot of my co-workers are Democrats. I really get tired of their entitled mentality. I don't like Donald Trump. Never did. He just seems as bad as them. What ever happened to small government republicans:confused: My company is a business, but some employees there still hate business. I don't know why they even work there. They think the gov and the owners should just pay everything for them. Like they should pay every healthcare bill they have. They even think that's what universal healthcare is:rolleyes: These women have bad relationships and think gov is a substitute. They can't even find a man but they love gov.

Cool story, bro. :cool:

TheCount
09-08-2017, 09:37 AM
Bump.