PDA

View Full Version : Companies That Might Build Trump’s Wall Threatened by California Politicians

Swordsmyth
03-23-2017, 07:26 PM
Fletcher’s bill would dictate that the state’s two large pension systems — the California Public Employee Retirement System and the California State Teachers Retirement System — liquidate in companies that help build the wall. The total investment of the two retirement funds is $312 billion and $202 billion, respectively.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/immigration/item/25670-companies-that-might-build-trump-s-wall-threatened-by-california-politicians

dannno
03-23-2017, 07:34 PM
I don't know that putting up a fight against Trump has ever served anybody very well.

California will get what it deserves.

oyarde
03-23-2017, 08:15 PM
Fletcher’s bill would dictate that the state’s two large pension systems — the California Public Employee Retirement System and the California State Teachers Retirement System — liquidate in companies that help build the wall. The total investment of the two retirement funds is $312 billion and $202 billion, respectively.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/immigration/item/25670-companies-that-might-build-trump-s-wall-threatened-by-california-politicians

I wonder if there really is 515 billion .

Schifference
03-24-2017, 07:12 AM
Maybe Trump should have Mexican prisoners build the wall.

specsaregood
03-24-2017, 07:35 AM

seems fiscally irresponsible to not invest in companies sucking off the big federal teat. you don't go broke investing in those types. I mean, if these folks had a history of being against big govt spending and grift I could understand their position; but I doubt that is the case.

timosman
03-24-2017, 08:00 AM
seems fiscally irresponsible to not invest in companies sucking off the big federal teat. you don't go broke investing in those types. I mean, if these folks had a history of being against big govt spending and grift I could understand their position; but I doubt that is the case.

on the other hand investing in companies who are part of the MIC is ok.

tod evans
03-24-2017, 08:00 AM

What better batch of ticks to suck their host dry?

TheCount
03-24-2017, 08:09 AM
on the other hand investing in companies who are part of the MIC is ok.

Border control is part of the MIC.