PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Massie on CNN: Trump a one term president if GOP healthcare bill passes

tsai3904
03-22-2017, 08:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BPw-Y0R7ek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BPw-Y0R7ek

georgiaboy
03-22-2017, 09:08 PM
hold!

Carlybee
03-22-2017, 09:51 PM
I doubt he cares. It was probably just something to check off his bucket list.

dannno
03-22-2017, 09:56 PM
We are trying to save [Trump]

Massie just said he wants Trump to go two terms.

Brian4Liberty
03-22-2017, 10:55 PM
Thomas did a great job, especially while having to deal with that lecturing, browbeating, humorless bitch.

EBounding
03-23-2017, 08:57 AM
"GWARGH gimme a soundbite Thomas!"

PursuePeace
03-23-2017, 09:03 AM
"They're sounding really pa...optimistic"

lol.

osan
03-27-2017, 06:09 PM
Perhaps Trump is seeing this racket for what it is, is saying "screw this", and will work to ensure he is not re-electable.

jmdrake
03-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Massie just said he wants Trump to go two terms.

Wait a minute. This is your proof that Massie wants Trump to have two terms? Seriously? :rolleyes: Let me translate this for you. Massie basically threatened Trump to stop supporting this horrid bill and at the same time gave himself political cover with his rabidly pro Trump constituents as to why he (Massie) was going against a bill that their hero Trump supported.

dannno
03-27-2017, 10:07 PM
Wait a minute. This is your proof that Massie wants Trump to have two terms? Seriously? :rolleyes: Let me translate this for you. Massie basically threatened Trump to stop supporting this horrid bill and at the same time gave himself political cover with his rabidly pro Trump constituents as to why he (Massie) was going against a bill that their hero Trump supported.

So you think he was lying :confused:

William Tell
03-27-2017, 10:19 PM

I have no doubt Massie would love for Trump to be a two term president who stands for Liberty and repeals Obamacare. That does not mean he believes Trump will do those things, that doesn't make him a liar. If Trump pushes for Single Payer again I expect Massie will come out against him on that too, just like this last bill.

jmdrake
03-28-2017, 06:23 AM

No. I think you don't understand what he was actually saying.

Edit: Go to 2:45 and listen to the entire exchange again!

CNN Reporter: He [Trump] warned all of you that voting against you means that some of you could lose your seats and also that the Republicans could lose the majority. Do you believe him?

Massie: We're afraid he's a one term president if this passes. We're trying to save him. The phone calls to my office are running 275 against to 4. Only 4 phone calls from my constituents are in favor of this. So voting for this is going to be bad today. It's going to be really bad in 2 or 3 years when the changes start kicking in and health insurance prices start going through the roof.

CNN Reporter: But congressman you also know that politically this president is a man who is known to take names and is known to have a long memory for those who go against him. Do you fear he'll campaign against you when you vote know on this?

Massie: Well he's been to Kentucky and I'm from Kentucky and Pence was here the week before. But in Kentucky the vote against this bill is still the right vote. Whether democrats are for no or republicans are for no, there's just no constituency for this bill in Kentucky.

CNN Reporter: When this bill fails, you will not blame yourself of course. Who will you say is to blame? Yourself or president Trump?

Massie: You know when president Trump took the advice of the Heritage Foundation and the Federalist Society and came up with a good nominee, he was a hero. But then when he started taking the advice of Paul Ryan and lobbyists in DC, he ratings went down 10 points.
And I hope that's what he sees, that we are trying to save him from bad advice. And maybe he'll start taking advice from those conservatives again.

CNN Reporter: So who's to blame if this fails.

Massie: This shouldn't fail. After the bill goes down tomorrow we can go back and bring conservatives to the table instead of trying to break their kneecaps after the bill is written and craft a good bill.

CNN Reporter: So after the bill fails you can come back and tell me who to blame.

Massie: (just laughs)