PDA

View Full Version : Hey Blimp Organizers...

RP4Pres2008
12-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh hi, its just all the people who bought the blimp here. This might seem a little unreasonable, but WHEN IS THE BLIMP GOING TO LAUNCH!?

We need some updates here man! We're dying for something, plus a lot of people have made plans and need to know information!

mpython77
12-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Oh hi, its just all the people who bought the blimp here. This might seem a little unreasonable, but WHEN IS THE BLIMP GOING TO LAUNCH!?

We need some updates here man! We're dying for something, plus a lot of people have made plans and need to know information!

Seriously dude..... If you look on ronpaulblimp.com you will see that they have set the 11th and 12th of this month.....sooooo Tues. or Wed. for launch dates. This is pending on the wind/weather which is a huge factor in NC and cannot launch if the wind is too strong. So if the wind is too strong tomorrow..... then they will launch on Wed. when the wind is supposed to be calm. They will still make it to Boston in time and everything. They are doing their best and working overtime bro, just let them do their thing. You will know soon enough when the thing launches. It's called patience man.

JAHOGS
12-10-2007, 10:24 AM
We have patience but how about we see some pics of what is going on or a video. not one from last week or last month. How about something from yesterday. What is the logo going to look like?

expatinireland
12-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Yes how about some communication from some one in an official capacity not second and third hand bits and pieces. No matter how well intentioned people are in relaying information about the operation, doubts will exist about its validity as its source can not be authenticated due to the anonymous nature of this board.

There are at least 3 people on the blimp team who deal mainly with communications - a customer relations manager, a media manager, and a web developer. The media manager especially should know the potential dire consequences of not keeping channels of communication flowing.

michael.byrne
12-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Yes how about some communication from some one in an official capacity not second and third hand bits and pieces. No matter how well intentioned people are in relaying information about the operation, doubts will exist about its validity as its source can not be authenticated due to the anonymous nature of this board.

There are at least 3 people on the blimp team who deal mainly with communications - a customer relations manager, a media manager, and a web developer. The media manager especially should know the potential dire consequences of not keeping channels of communication flowing.

This is a good way to piss off current and potential customers. I'm sure they will come back with some lame excuses and demand for more money.

RP4Pres2008
12-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Seriously dude..... If you look on ronpaulblimp.com you will see that they have set the 11th and 12th of this month.....sooooo Tues. or Wed. for launch dates. This is pending on the wind/weather which is a huge factor in NC and cannot launch if the wind is too strong. So if the wind is too strong tomorrow..... then they will launch on Wed. when the wind is supposed to be calm. They will still make it to Boston in time and everything. They are doing their best and working overtime bro, just let them do their thing. You will know soon enough when the thing launches. It's called patience man.

LMAO @ you forecasting wind for Wednesday

Man it has nothing to do with the weather. They don't have the banners ready and are thus delaying launch.

I wouldn't be so curious, but last week they said raise $200,000 by Friday midnight to have a Dec 10th launch! Now they are running behind and no one is saying ANYTHING. We ordered somehting for Dec 10th, we aren't getting it for then so now we are all over them as we should be.

At least talk to us and give us some information!

seapilot
12-10-2007, 11:19 AM
LMAO @ you forecasting wind for Wednesday

Man it has nothing to do with the weather. They don't have the banners ready and are thus delaying launch.

I wouldn't be so curious, but last week they said raise $200,000 by Friday midnight to have a Dec 10th launch! Now they are running behind and no one is saying ANYTHING. We ordered somehting for Dec 10th, we aren't getting it for then so now we are all over them as we should be.

At least talk to us and give us some information!

I agree, it would keep everyone from guessing if they communicate with people directly here. Just one line would help things like we are putting the banner on today, or weather sucks for tommorows launch due to high winds. Going to send them an email suggesting they give a daily status report.

expatinireland
12-10-2007, 11:21 AM
It was suggested in another thread that a blog be used to keep us all abreast of developments. The reasoning being that it is quicker and easier to post to a blog than update a website. I think having a blog linked to the Blimp Website would be a great idea.

I am not as concerned that there are delays as I am about information regarding the delays not being communicated to the wider community on a timely basis. I am sure there were people who were probably inconvenienced making plans to travel to the launch for today as originally scheduled.

expatinireland
12-10-2007, 11:23 AM
I agree, it would keep everyone from guessing if they communicate with people directly here. Just one line would help things like we are putting the banner on today, or weather sucks for tommorows launch due to high winds. Going to send them an email suggesting they give a daily status report.

Yes it would take about 1 minute of someone's time to type up and post an update.:confused:

paulie
12-10-2007, 11:24 AM
You guys have no idea how nice the weather is here today...if only they could have stuck to the schedule. And they said they are holding a rally tonight...where? Where is the contact info etc?

RP4Pres2008
12-10-2007, 11:28 AM
You guys have no idea how nice the weather is here today...if only they could have stuck to the schedule. And they said they are holding a rally tonight...where? Where is the contact info etc?

Yeah I didn't want to say anything, but I looked at the forecast for today and it is really nice today and tomorrow.

Yeah rally information should be given ASAP!

francisco
12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
...I am not as concerned that there are delays as I am about information regarding the delays not being communicated to the wider community on a timely basis. I am sure there were people who were probably inconvenienced making plans to travel to the launch for today as originally scheduled.

+1

bolidew
12-10-2007, 01:04 PM
+2

Mckarnin
12-10-2007, 01:29 PM

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of info. The minute we got enough money to launch the blimp we all shifted into full blown preparations. There are several factors involved in the schedule and in the blimp's departure. Weather and the banners are the 2 most pressing at this point. It looks like we WILL be leaving on the 12th and as soon as the first week's itinerary is reviewed by the meteorologist, the logistics guys and the pilots it will be released. That should be tonight or early tommorow AM and I will post an alert on the board that the new schedule is up.

Mckarnin
12-10-2007, 01:31 PM
We have patience but how about we see some pics of what is going on or a video. not one from last week or last month. How about something from yesterday. What is the logo going to look like?

A new video is in the plans for the 11th and should give everyone a closer look at the blimp and more information about it.

Primbs
12-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Let me say that I am not a blimp expert.

However, we need to consider the following.

Usually the blimp prep time can take several months or weeks. The blimp company is trying to do this within days.

The blimp people are undertaking a huge task. One of the challenges is creating the large 90 feet plus banners for the Ron Paul blimp.

The creators have to created banner sections that are curved to fit around the blimp. The measurements need to be exact. Then the sections have to be hand sewn to exact specifications. When you are flying sixty miles an hour, you don't want a large section of the banner to start flapping out of control.

Remember this is all last minute.

Once the banners are hand sewn and double checked, the blimp company has to carefully attach the the banners to the blimp. This blimp is two hundred feet long and and sixty feet tall. It needs tall cranes to attach the banners to blimp.

At least it is one of the largest blimps in the world that will not be ignored when it is completed. Ron Paul will be known to the American public after the blimp has had a chance to fly after awhile.

I am sure we will all be pleased with the results when it is finished.

A rush project like this has never been done before for a Presidential campaign. We are blazing a trail where nobody has gone before.

It is awesome and extraordinary that the Ron Paul grassroots are pulling this off.

We should be proud of ourselves.

An optimist is their to be hopeful when all have lost hope.

A pessimist is their to cast doubt when no one has any.

Lucid American
12-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I am RELIEVED the banners are being tailored to the blimp -- I assumed they would be, but hey . . . I'm just glad they are.

Thanks for the update.

Understand, it's a tense week all around. I think everyone's totally psyched up for the goings on this week.

As we went to sleep last night, I was rattling off the exciting things in the near future -- I'm totally on pins & needles.

Can't wait to see this blimp fly!

Tarzan
12-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Mckarnin has created a thread to answer blimp update questions and to post the latest **OFFICIAL** information. Please move over to that thread for updates and questions.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=50979

good luck to us all

dmspilot00
12-10-2007, 03:01 PM
The creators have to created banner sections that are curved to fit around the blimp. The measurements need to be exact. Then the sections have to be hand sewn to exact specifications. When you are flying sixty miles an hour, you don't want a large section of the banner to start flapping out of control.
It can only go 30mph.

Mckarnin
12-10-2007, 03:08 PM
It can only go 30mph.

On it's own power 30 is top speed. With a tailwind that goes up to 60.

RP4Pres2008
12-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Just so everyone knows, I have no doubt the preparation takes a lot of time/work.

I also have no doubt that the blimp team is working very hard.

But I donated (nothing even too substantial) with the promise that if we raised $200k by Friday midnight that the blimp would be in the air on December 10th. A lot of people made plans/rallies for the 10th.

I don't believe this has anything to do with weather. I think that is misleading. I think it has to do with the banners not being ready. Which is fine, I just don't like being mislead to. We all support you guys.

But when I see the weather forecast, I see a great day today with little wind, clear skies, and sunny (77F, highest predicted for the week) I question where the hold up really lies...

Tomorrow has little wind predicted, but the 12th could have higher winds at around 15mph. If weather was the biggest concern today and tomorrow would be the best time to put it in the air.

dmspilot00
12-10-2007, 03:14 PM
On it's own power 30 is top speed. With a tailwind that goes up to 60. I know, but the point was how much wind will be blowing the banners around, so the tailwind is irrelevent. It can fly a maximum speed of 30mph through the AIR, so there will be a maximum of 30mph winds blowing the banners around.

Tarzan
12-10-2007, 03:21 PM
I know, but the point was how much wind will be blowing the banners around, so the tailwind is irrelevent. It can fly a maximum speed of 30mph through the AIR, so there will be a maximum of 30mph winds blowing the banners around.

Note that the banners are firmly affixed to the side of the Blimp. So, they will not be "fluttering" in the wind or require any forward speed for them to be visible.
------
Please see this thread for **OFFICIAL** blimp updates and questions:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=50979

good luck to us all

Mckarnin
12-10-2007, 07:09 PM
I know, but the point was how much wind will be blowing the banners around, so the tailwind is irrelevent. It can fly a maximum speed of 30mph through the AIR, so there will be a maximum of 30mph winds blowing the banners around.

I get your point. No need to be snippy. :-)