PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Wilkerson: US Generating Enemies Beyond its Capacity

AZJoe
03-19-2017, 01:49 PM
Lawrence Wilkerson: US Generating Enemies Beyond its Capacity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nZSDmR5VU4

“we need to get back on the trail we were on with the Moscow Treaty in reducing the weapons and, though we probably can never bring them down to zero, at least get them down to the lowest level possible. …

some of these people who wish to have a new Cold War. Frankly, I think a lot of them miss the old Cold War, the surety of it and the spending of it, and the absolute gravy of it for the military-industrial complex and so forth. …

there is absolutely no reason that I could drag out right now and say that we should be going back to a Cold War because of that reason. It's absurd,..

I don't care how anyone describes Vladimir Putin and his oligarchs and all that, whether they call them the most heinous people on earth or not, we have given them every provocation starting with Bill Clinton and Bob Rubin, the most powerful man in his administration, followed by Larry Summers, and their rape, pillage and plunder in fire sale after fire sale and collecting fees and so forth when the Soviet Union collapsed and Boris Yeltsin was drunk half the time. They stole a fortune from Russia. I don't blame Russia.

And the George W. Bush goes to Tbilisi of all places, and in a public speech says he expects Georgia to be a member of NATO some day in the future. This is just like sticking your fingers in both of Moscow's eyes, as it were. …

What I can't fathom right now is why anyone would want, with the situation the way it is right now in this country, another enemy. … Look at who we're lining up, Paul. We're lining up China, we're lining up Iran and all that goes along with Iran including Hezbollah in Lebanon, we are lining up with North Korea, we are lining up with Russia. This is absurd. John McCain and Lindsay Graham can pontificate all day long, but I'm going to tell you that they're idiots. We do not need an enemy list that is beyond what we could even in the most wild moment contemplate handling. We don't have – even, we don't have the military forces to handle all these enemies. And yet we're bearding them, as it were. … how many enemies we're generating out there, and how it's utterly beyond our capacity to deal with all these enemies.

Origanalist
03-19-2017, 02:04 PM
When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AZJoe again.

Suzanimal
03-19-2017, 02:42 PM
When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AZJoe again.

Covered.

Ender
03-19-2017, 02:59 PM
And covered again.