PDA

View Full Version : TRUMP Praises Rand Paul

TruthBTold
03-19-2017, 11:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-I2B6HiKgw

Good interview, I hope when they vote on Thursday that the new healthcare bill is 100% "RandPaulCare."

F~ck that traitor Paul Ryan. Freedom caucus is in effect. I think it's going to be voted on in the house on Thur correct?

Brian4Liberty
03-19-2017, 11:34 AM
Mention of Rand starts at 2:00 mark. Of course neocon Watters was trying to get Trump to attack Rand, and played an excerpt from a debate just to make sure that he could get the criticism out.

TheTexan
03-19-2017, 11:53 AM
@3:00 ... I hope he doesn't cut taxes too much, we do need to pay for roads somehow

Galileo Galilei
03-19-2017, 07:22 PM
Mention of Rand starts at 2:00 mark. Of course neocon Watters was trying to get Trump to attack Rand, and played an excerpt from a debate just to make sure that he could get the criticism out.

I doubt that.

merkelstan
03-19-2017, 09:42 PM
I despise Trump's enemies, but Trump is no Ron Paul, sadly.

timosman
03-19-2017, 10:03 PM
Pocahontas.

Peace&Freedom
03-19-2017, 10:05 PM
Trump is a wrecking ball, broadly whacking away at our enemies. With the demo work getting done, we can then get to the renovation that needs to be performed. Rand represents the more exact changes that are needed, and Trump is noticing, and praising him for that.

timosman
03-19-2017, 10:07 PM
Trump is a wrecking ball, broadly whacking away at our enemies. With the demo work getting done, we can then get to the renovation that needs to be performed. Rand represents the more exact changes that are needed, and Trump is noticing, and praising him for that.

Trump kisses the ring?:cool:

eleganz
03-19-2017, 10:15 PM
but Trump is no Ron Paul, sadly.

I really don't even understand why things like this even need to be said.

CPUd
03-19-2017, 11:22 PM

whacking away indeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sjjTryQ8WI

timosman
03-20-2017, 12:16 AM
CPUd, I am not sure if you realize you defeatist attitude is not winning you many friends on this board. :cool:

Anti-Neocon
03-20-2017, 06:10 PM
It's amazing how people who I thought were smarter than the average bear, only choose to hear what is coming out of one side of Trump's mouth. His higher profile public statements seem to all be in favor of Lyin'Ryancare.

CaptUSA
03-20-2017, 06:32 PM
I really don't even understand why things like this even need to be said.

Right? I mean, he's more like Ron Paul on steroids!

silverhandorder
03-20-2017, 06:34 PM
During the rally today he used it's happening line :D.

eleganz
03-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Right? I mean, he's more like Ron Paul on steroids!

I don't even recall seeing enough people on RPF saying Trump is like Ron to warrant the need to state that "Trump is no Ron Paul"

Its pretty obvious that they are worlds apart.

Ender
03-20-2017, 07:27 PM
I don't even recall seeing enough people on RPF saying Trump is like Ron to warrant the need to state that "Trump is no Ron Paul"

Its pretty obvious that they are worlds apart.

Not to some, my friend.

Galileo Galilei
03-20-2017, 07:30 PM
What would happen to the insurance mandate under President Ron Paul?

CPUd
03-20-2017, 07:49 PM

repealed

Galileo Galilei
03-20-2017, 08:06 PM
repealed

Ron would sign the Ryan bill that repeals the mandate?

CPUd
03-20-2017, 08:11 PM

Ron would sign a clean repeal of everything.

AuH20
03-20-2017, 08:17 PM

At the very least, Trump will draw the bad guys out when they inevitably come for him. Sadly, his agenda will not be passed. You can already see the sabotage on so many fronts. Frauds like Peter King are already stating that his proposed cuts are unfeasible. GOP will leave him out to die politically and then the aftermath could be historic.

jmdrake
03-20-2017, 08:24 PM

So....you think Rand is lying when he says the Ryan bill doesn't repeal the mandate but rather transfers the recipient of the fine to be the insurance companies instead of the government?

juleswin
03-20-2017, 08:29 PM

And that is what Ryan care does. This lie that we have to be paying the mandate to the insurance companies is a lie being spread by Rand at the at the moment. Say what you will about Ryancare but it repeals the govt mandate to buy insurance.

Galileo Galilei
03-20-2017, 08:31 PM
Ron would sign a clean repeal of everything.

OK, what if congress does not vote a clean repeal? Then we still have the mandate and I have to buy insurance, right?

Galileo Galilei
03-20-2017, 08:33 PM
And that is what Ryan care does. This lie that we have to be paying the mandate to the insurance companies is a lie being spread by Rand at the at the moment. Say what you will about Ryancare but it repeals the govt mandate to buy insurance.

I never heard that the Ryan bill doesn't repeal the mandate, from Rand or anyone. It repeals the individual mandate and the employer mandate.

Galileo Galilei
03-20-2017, 08:34 PM
So....you think Rand is lying when he says the Ryan bill doesn't repeal the mandate but rather transfers the recipient of the fine to be the insurance companies instead of the government?

Never heard Rand say that. Who would be fined if I didn't buy insurance? Which company?

juleswin
03-20-2017, 08:39 PM
I never heard that the Ryan bill doesn't repeal the mandate, from Rand or anyone. It repeals the individual mandate and the employer mandate.

Rand is saying that they repealed the govt mandate penalty payment to the IRS but instead put a mandate which penalty is to be paid to the insurance company. I wish I was making it up but Rand has been going around news shows spreading this lie.

Allowing the insurance companies to charge a 30% surcharge for gap in coverage is not insurance mandate. He should be annoyed that the govt is even limiting them from charging whatever they deem fit to run their business. But instead, he is going around calling this an insurance mandate.

jmdrake
Never heard Rand say that. Who would be fined if I didn't buy insurance? Which company?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/7/rand-paul-house-gop-health-care-plan-obamacare-lit/
Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky on Tuesday said the House GOP’s new health care plan “will not pass” and said a provision hiking premiums for people who go without insurance for a certain period of time is likely unconstitutional.

“The House bill that’s been put forward is Obamacare lite. It won’t work. Premiums and prices will continue to spiral out of control,” Mr. Paul said on “Fox & Friends.”

“This is Obamacare lite. It will not pass. Conservatives aren’t going to take it,” he said.

Mr. Paul said the plan includes insurance company bailouts and that the individual mandate to purchase health insurance or pay a penalty remains in a different form. “The Obamacare lite bill says that you will pay the penalty not to the government, but to the insurance company. This is in all likelihood unconstitutional and could destroy the whole repeal plan,” he said.

CPUd
OK, what if congress does not vote a clean repeal? Then we still have the mandate and I have to buy insurance, right?

Yes.

Galileo Galilei
03-20-2017, 10:38 PM
Rand is saying that they repealed the govt mandate penalty payment to the IRS but instead put a mandate which penalty is to be paid to the insurance company. I wish I was making it up but Rand has been going around news shows spreading this lie.

Allowing the insurance companies to charge a 30% surcharge for gap in coverage is not insurance mandate. He should be annoyed that the govt is even limiting them from charging whatever they deem fit to run their business. But instead, he is going around calling this an insurance mandate.

If you don't have insurance, how does anyone know what insurance company to fine? All of them?

Galileo Galilei
03-20-2017, 10:39 PM
Yes.

How does that benefit liberty?

CPUd
03-20-2017, 10:40 PM
How does that benefit liberty?

It doesn't.

Galileo Galilei
03-20-2017, 10:41 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/7/rand-paul-house-gop-health-care-plan-obamacare-lit/
Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky on Tuesday said the House GOP’s new health care plan “will not pass” and said a provision hiking premiums for people who go without insurance for a certain period of time is likely unconstitutional.

“The House bill that’s been put forward is Obamacare lite. It won’t work. Premiums and prices will continue to spiral out of control,” Mr. Paul said on “Fox & Friends.”

“This is Obamacare lite. It will not pass. Conservatives aren’t going to take it,” he said.

Mr. Paul said the plan includes insurance company bailouts and that the individual mandate to purchase health insurance or pay a penalty remains in a different form. “The Obamacare lite bill says that you will pay the penalty not to the government, but to the insurance company. This is in all likelihood unconstitutional and could destroy the whole repeal plan,” he said.

OK, maybe the reporter screwed up. If you don't have insurance, how does the government know which insurance company to fine?

Galileo Galilei
03-20-2017, 10:42 PM
It doesn't.

OK, now you know why many pro-liberty people are now backing Trump.

CPUd
03-20-2017, 10:43 PM
OK, now you know why many pro-liberty people are now backing Trump.

Because he is 1000% supporting AHCA?

dannno
03-20-2017, 11:02 PM
Because he is 1000% supporting AHCA?

Why is it that you believe what Trump says some times, but not others?

timosman
03-20-2017, 11:08 PM

CPU overload. :D

eleganz
03-20-2017, 11:59 PM
Trump says at Louisville, KY rally today :

"And remember this!!! so true... I happen to like...A LOT...Senator Rand Paul. I do. I do, I like him, he's good, he's a good guy. And I look forward to working with him so we could get this bill passed (healthcare) in some form, so that we could pass massive tax reform".

CPUd
03-21-2017, 12:30 AM

It's irrelevant whether I believe him or not. He is promoting Obamacare Lite while liberty advocates are promoting a clean repeal.

timosman
03-21-2017, 12:34 AM
It's irrelevant whether I believe him or not. He is promoting Obamacare Lite while liberty advocates are promoting a clean repeal.

and you are a liberty advocate?:cool:

jmdrake
03-21-2017, 01:23 AM
OK, maybe the reporter screwed up. If you don't have insurance, how does the government know which insurance company to fine?

Whichever insurance company you happen to go to next. Your coverage lapsed. You go to BlueCross or whoever. That company gets the surcharge. Now as others have pointed out it may be the case that the surcharge is "optional" and the insurance company doesn't have to charge it. But the reporter didn't get it wrong. The quote of Rand itself is accurate. I've heard him say it.

Anti-Neocon
03-21-2017, 03:25 AM
This is the ultimate "look in the mirror" moment.

To think Trump supporters actually have the audacity to tell anti-Trump people that they are the ones who believe what Trump says some times, but not others.

If it weren't for us, this forum would only see what Trump supporters want everyone to see. Which would, of course be an extremely selective cherry-picked assortment of statements, many of which would be contradicted by... Trump's own statements.

Please, don't make me laugh so hard.

timosman
03-21-2017, 04:06 AM
This is the ultimate "look in the mirror" moment.

To think Trump supporters actually have the audacity to tell anti-Trump people that they are the ones who believe what Trump says some times, but not others.

If it weren't for us, this forum would only see what Trump supporters want everyone to see. Which would, of course be an extremely selective cherry-picked assortment of statements, many of which would be contradicted by... Trump's own statements.

Please, don't make me laugh so hard.

To think anti-Trumpers have the audacity to claim everybody who does not hate Trump is a Trump supporter.:cool:

silverhandorder
03-21-2017, 04:54 AM
Anti Trump people are eternal life losers. You don't have to support the guy but to hate him is whole other thing.

I love it when the backdrop is Hillary selling state secrets, avoiding accountability and using govt in her interests we have losers complaining that Trump tweets or grabs pussies.

Notice how unlike the email scandal there is nothing that stands out for Trump. It a new attack Everytime. "This did not work? Ok how about this? No? Ok what about this?" And this approach goes on and on.

asurfaholic
03-21-2017, 05:20 AM
Anti Trump people are eternal life losers. You don't have to support the guy but to hate him is whole other thing.

I love it when the backdrop is Hillary selling state secrets, avoiding accountability and using govt in her interests we have losers complaining that Trump tweets or grabs pussies.

Notice how unlike the email scandal there is nothing that stands out for Trump. It a new attack Everytime. "This did not work? Ok how about this? No? Ok what about this?" And this approach goes on and on.

I think your statement is a bit strong and maybe stereotypical and not based on the real concerns of some of us.

Some of us are glad Hillary is not president, but are wary of Trump. I, for one, am just sitting here watching as things unfold.

Galileo Galilei
03-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Whichever insurance company you happen to go to next. Your coverage lapsed. You go to BlueCross or whoever. That company gets the surcharge. Now as others have pointed out it may be the case that the surcharge is "optional" and the insurance company doesn't have to charge it. But the reporter didn't get it wrong. The quote of Rand itself is accurate. I've heard him say it.

Actuarial statistics show that a lapse in coverage is a risk, it happened to me on my auto insurance.

jmdrake
03-21-2017, 02:20 PM
I think your statement is a bit strong and maybe stereotypical and not based on the real concerns of some of us.

Some of us are glad Hillary is not president, but are wary of Trump. I, for one, am just sitting here watching as things unfold.

Yep. Any criticism of Trump, no matter how well founded, is falsely construed as "Trump hate" by certain Trump eternal losers on this forum. If Ron Paul were to anonymously post on this forum he'd get labeled an "eternal loser" and "Trump hater" for being candid about where he thinks Trump is going off base.

Galileo Galilei
03-21-2017, 03:49 PM
Yep. Any criticism of Trump, no matter how well founded, is falsely construed as "Trump hate" by certain Trump eternal losers on this forum. If Ron Paul were to anonymously post on this forum he'd get labeled an "eternal loser" and "Trump hater" for being candid about where he thinks Trump is going off base.

A lot of "criticism" about Trump is basically just people who do not understand his strategy for liberty.