PDA

View Full Version : The Kagans Are Back; Wars to Follow

Brian4Liberty
03-17-2017, 12:05 PM
The Kagans Are Back; Wars to Follow (http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2017/march/16/the-kagans-are-back-wars-to-follow/)
Written by Robert Parry - Thursday March 16, 2017

The Kagan family, America’s neoconservative aristocracy, has reemerged having recovered from the letdown over not gaining its expected influence from the election of Hillary Clinton and from its loss of official power at the start of the Trump presidency.

Back pontificating on prominent op-ed pages, the Family Kagan now is pushing for an expanded U.S. military invasion of Syria and baiting Republicans for not joining more enthusiastically in the anti-Russian witch hunt over Moscow’s alleged help in electing Donald Trump.

In a Washington Post op-ed on March 7, Robert Kagan, a co-founder of the Project for the New American Century and a key architect of the Iraq War, jabbed at Republicans for serving as “Russia’s accomplices after the fact” by not investigating more aggressively.

Then, Frederick Kagan, director of the Critical Threats Project at the neocon American Enterprise Institute, and his wife, Kimberly Kagan, president of her own think tank, Institute for the Study of War, touted the idea of a bigger U.S. invasion of Syria in a Wall Street Journal op-ed on March 15.
Still, a year ago, their prospects looked much brighter. They could pick from a large field of neocon-oriented Republican presidential contenders or – like Robert Kagan – they could support the establishment Democratic candidate, Hillary Clinton, whose “liberal interventionism” matched closely with neoconservatism, differing only slightly in the rationalizations used for justifying wars and more wars.

There was also hope that a President Hillary Clinton would recognize how sympatico the liberal hawks and the neocons were by promoting Robert Kagan’s neocon wife, Victoria Nuland, from Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs to Secretary of State.

Then, there would have been a powerful momentum for both increasing the U.S. military intervention in Syria and escalating the New Cold War with Russia, putting “regime change” back on the agenda for those two countries. So, early last year, the possibilities seemed endless for the Family Kagan to flex their muscles and make lots of money.

A Family Business

As I noted two years ago in an article entitled “A Family Business of Perpetual War”:

Neoconservative pundit Robert Kagan and his wife, Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, run a remarkable family business: she has sparked a hot war in Ukraine and helped launch Cold War II with Russia and he steps in to demand that Congress jack up military spending so America can meet these new security threats.

This extraordinary husband-and-wife duo makes quite a one-two punch for the Military-Industrial Complex, an inside-outside team that creates the need for more military spending, applies political pressure to ensure higher appropriations, and watches as thankful weapons manufacturers lavish grants on like-minded hawkish Washington think tanks.

Not only does the broader community of neoconservatives stand to benefit but so do other members of the Kagan clan, including Robert’s brother Frederick at the American Enterprise Institute and his wife Kimberly, who runs her own shop called the Institute for the Study of War.
But Kagan also must have recognized the potential for the neocons to claw their way back to power behind the smokescreen of a New Cold War with Russia.

He declared: “The most important question concerns Russia’s ability to manipulate U.S. elections. That is not a political issue. It is a national security issue. If the Russian government did interfere in the United States’ electoral processes last year, then it has the capacity to do so in every election going forward. This is a powerful and dangerous weapon, more than warships or tanks or bombers.
But it’s clear what Kagan and other neocons have in mind, an escalation of hostilities with Russia and a substantial increase in spending on U.S. military hardware and on Western propaganda to “counter” what is deemed “Russian propaganda.”

Kagan recognizes that he already has many key Democrats and liberals on his side. So he is taking aim at Republicans to force them to join in the full-throated Russia-bashing, writing:
More: http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2017/march/16/the-kagans-are-back-wars-to-follow/

ILUVRP
03-17-2017, 12:54 PM
i don't think the american voters will never know what they missed by not having ron paul or rand paul as potus , i spent 12yrs in the military and never meet a neocon , but then again people in the military very seldom talk about that crap as they are too busy working 60 hours a week , let neos send their family members to war , i hear neo talkers on tv/radio loving wars but again i cannot think of one that ever served this great nation , all they do is complain about everything .

can anyone name a country on earth where they would be happy , i guess they could get together and buy a big island somewhere then start their own military and start wars everywhere , dozens of them have their own jets and that would be a start .

just my 2c

angelatc
03-17-2017, 12:56 PM
i hear neo talkers on tv/radio loving wars but again i cannot think of one that ever served this great nation

John McCain comes from a military family.

ILUVRP
03-17-2017, 01:20 PM
i think mccain/graham just want to stay in the lime light , i am talking about people like cheney - perle-wolfowitz- limbaugh-hannity and the list goes on .

devil21
03-17-2017, 03:33 PM
John McCain comes from a military family.

ILUVRP said "served this great nation". Obviously, McCain was serving some other entity, considering the real story of his disastered military tenure.

merkelstan
03-19-2017, 01:09 AM
not many independent countries are left

timosman
03-19-2017, 01:44 AM
not many independent countries are left

thank you military:cool:

Brian4Liberty
03-20-2017, 12:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvo2X3PZ5_k