PDA

View Full Version : North Korea Nuclear Program: 20 Years of Diplomacy Has Failed, Tillerson Says

Zippyjuan
03-16-2017, 10:43 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-korea/north-korea-nuclear-program-20-years-diplomacy-has-failed-tillerson-n734216

What will they do then? Sanctions? US has basically zero trade with North Korea. Nothing to really cut there. Military actions? Wars with the Axis of Evil nations?

TOKYO — Secretary of State Rex Tillerson issued a blistering attack on two decades of bipartisan attempts to deter North Korea's nuclear program, saying the Trump administration will have a new approach.

"The diplomatic and other efforts of the past 20 years to bring North Korea to a point of de-nuclearization have failed. So we have 20 years of failed approach," Donald Trump's top diplomat said during a visit to Japan on Thursday. "And that includes a period in which the U.S. provided $1.35 billion in assistance to North Korea as an encouragement to take a different pathway."

Tillerson was speaking at a joint press conference with Japanese counterpart Fumio Kishida in Tokyo after the two discussed how to deal with the growing threat from Pyongyang. North Korea has conducted two nuclear tests and 24 ballistic missile tests in just the last year, including four last week that landed in the sea off Japan.

Tillerson, who also met with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, added that North Korea had responded to "encouragement" to abandon its weapons program by developing its nuclear capability and conducting more launches.

"In the face of this ever escalating threat, it is clear that a different approach is required," he said.

The secretary of state also called on Pyongyang to abandon its nuclear and ballistic missile programs, saying it had "has nothing to fear" from the United States.

Washington has been urging Japan and South Korea — both of which host tens of thousands of U.S. troops — to step security cooperation despite their historically strained relations. This week, the nations' three navies conducted missile defense information-sharing drills in the region.

Shortly before Tillerson made his comments in Tokyo, a senior North Korean diplomat in Beijing addressed its nuclear program and relations with the U.S. during a rare press conference.

North Korea's Charge d'Affaires Pak Myong Ho told journalists that his country needed to strengthen its nuclear capabilities against an "aggressive" America "given threats from U.S. and relevant countries."

Pak also said his country had proposed a peace deal that the U.S. rejected, and added that the America was carrying out the largest-ever military drills off its waters.

AZJoe
04-30-2017, 10:03 AM
20 years of Diplomacy? What diplomacy?

Diplomacy like every year staging a massive war game mock invasion of your nation complete with bombers and jets flying righty up to your borders, missile launching ships and air craft carriers, mock missile deployments, and pretend to obliterate your nation even worse than we did in the 1950s.

Diplomacy like perpetual sanctions to isolate your country from most of the rest of the world.

Diplomacy like blocking trade between North and South Korea or with other nations, and actively interfering and preventing any reconciliation or trade dialogue between North and South Korea.

Diplomacy like intentionally sabotaging the Sunshine Policy that was embraced by both countries and would open up trade, dialogue and gave South Korea to create its own industrial enterprise zones inside North Korea, and actually called for process to begin demilitarizing the “demilitarized zone”.

Diplomacy like North Korea has repeatedly advised it would completely abandon any nuclear testing, ambitions, and agree to inspections if Washington would simply stop staging massive mock invasions of North Korea every year that requires NK to maintain and a defensive force and go to high alert defense readiness every year at significant expense. Yet Washington refuses. Washington must pretend to obliterate North Korea with massive military war games every year, because well practicing, staging, and threatening to obliterate and entire country is the diplomatic thing to do.

That is what Tillerson calls 20 years of diplomacy?

Ender
04-30-2017, 10:14 AM
20 years of Diplomacy? What diplomacy?

Diplomacy like every year staging a massive war game mock invasion of your nation complete with bombers and jets flying righty up to your borders, missile launching ships and air craft carriers, mock missile deployments, and pretend to obliterate your nation even worse than we did in the 1950s.

Diplomacy like perpetual sanctions to isolate your country from most of the rest of the world.

Diplomacy like blocking trade between North and South Korea or with other nations, and actively interfering and preventing any reconciliation or trade dialogue between North and South Korea.

Diplomacy like intentionally sabotaging the Sunshine Policy that was embraced by both countries and would open up trade, dialogue and gave South Korea to create its own industrial enterprise zones inside North Korea, and actually called for process to begin demilitarizing the “demilitarized zone”.

Diplomacy like North Korea has repeatedly advised it would completely abandon any nuclear testing, ambitions, and agree to inspections if Washington would simply stop staging massive mock invasions of North Korea every year that requires NK to maintain and a defensive force and go to high alert defense readiness every year at significant expense. Yet Washington refuses. Washington must pretend to obliterate North Korea with massive military war games every year, because well practicing, staging, and threatening to obliterate and entire country is the diplomatic thing to do.

That is what Tillerson calls 20 years of diplomacy?

^^THIS^^

Exactly my same answer. There is no reason to be threatening N. Korea just like there was no reason for the US to be involved in the Korean War in the first place!

And I rep you again if I could, Bro.

Jan2017
04-30-2017, 10:19 AM
North Korea was a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty -
then later, they wanted out of the treaty and their application to leave is probably still officially "on hold"(?)

Israel never has been a signatory state to the NPT, btw.

Ender
04-30-2017, 10:26 AM
North Korea was a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty -
then later, they wanted out of the treaty and their application to leave is probably still officially "on hold"(?)

Israel never has been a signatory state to the NPT, btw.

Yep- and Israel is reported to have about 400 nuclear warheads.

Iran, who did sign the treaty has been said to be in compliance for years by our own investigative alphabets. But Iran & N Korea are the bad guys.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

TheCount
04-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Yep- and Israel is reported to have about 400 nuclear warheads.

Iran, who did sign the treaty has been said to be in compliance for years by our own investigative alphabets. But Iran & N Korea are the bad guys.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

I still don't understand how anyone can be opposed to the new Iran nuke deal. It boggles my mind.

surf
04-30-2017, 03:09 PM
there seems to be a line of thinking that ending sanctions would only lead to more Glenfiddich and Godiva chocolates for dear leader along with a lot of evil material for WMDs that NK does not currently have and can not procur. i believe it would lead to less power and influence for this chubby putz and a better life for 99%.

if Rex feels "diplomacy" has been exhausted, perhaps it's time to try non-intervention.

CPUd
04-30-2017, 05:07 PM
fuck it, let's just bomb the shit out of them and see what happens.

Ender
04-30-2017, 05:40 PM
I still don't understand how anyone can be opposed to the new Iran nuke deal. It boggles my mind.

Big OIl, my friend, Big Oil.

enhanced_deficit
04-30-2017, 05:42 PM
Mr. Tillerson should slow down.
There is also some encouraging news on NK front, Trump had very nice conversation with President D. today who has restrained view on NK. Looks like he has Trump's ear and has been invited for a meeting at the White House.

Philippine's President Rodrigo Duterte urges U.S. restraint on N. Korea (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?510168-Philippine-s-President-Rodrigo-Duterte-urges-U-S-restraint-on-N-Korea&)

CPUd
04-30-2017, 06:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyuXp7GvkPE

Occam's Banana
04-30-2017, 06:22 PM
Oh. Diplomacy.

So that's what that was ...

Danke
04-30-2017, 07:10 PM

Lol, yeah, that's right, it has nothing to do with Israel...

oyarde
04-30-2017, 07:34 PM
I say let the South Koreans deal with it . Not my business . That said , I see no real reason why there is even a north korea. Communist Korea should have been completely eliminated in the invasion in the 50's and there should just be one korea.

Ender
04-30-2017, 09:01 PM
Lol, yeah, that's right, it has nothing to do with Israel...

The coup we helped stage to oust their democratically elected PM in 1953 was because he dared to give his country's oil back to the people. Big Oil said no and boom- no more PM.

John Prewett
04-30-2017, 11:57 PM
Don't forget the Pope-led Globalist cabal

http://i.imgur.com/USKTI6w.png

H. E. Panqui
05-01-2017, 06:13 AM
...gee whiz...if only these north koreans would just listen to us, trust us and do what we say!..after all, we've always treated them so well...why can't they love us?...gee whiz...our republican and democrat politicians are so smart and compassionate...we love our politicians!...i don't see why foreigners don't love them like we love them...gee whiz...

enhanced_deficit
05-01-2017, 09:50 PM

What about the role of Big Zionism in Iran war hysteria?

Danke
05-01-2017, 09:54 PM
The coup we helped stage to oust their democratically elected PM in 1953 was because he dared to give his country's oil back to the people. Big Oil said no and boom- no more PM.

I thought it was under different management since 1979...my bad.

Ender
05-02-2017, 07:37 AM
I thought it was under different management since 1979...my bad.

Yeah, stupid Persians took their country back- who do they think they are????

And have been under sanctions and labeled the big bad wolf, ever since.

nikcers
05-02-2017, 06:48 PM

nikcers
05-02-2017, 06:53 PM
We're going to ring China with missile defense. We're going to put more of our fleet in the area. So China, Come on. You either control them or we're going to have to defend against them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p9dOU7dgaM

wizardwatson
05-02-2017, 07:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p9dOU7dgaM

Ron Paul says Trump = Clinton.

"A libertarian can't endorse this authoritarian approach. - Ron Paul"

Ron Paul is deep state MSM! :rolleyes: