PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Understand: Why Not Simply Veto The Healthcare Bill?

anaconda
03-16-2017, 12:04 AM
So, I don't understand why Trump doesn't simply veto every healthcare bill that is not exactly Rand Paul's plan? The longer the Congress fails to deliver that exact bill, the longer people would be subjected to Obamacare and see it's continued worsening failures. And, if the Congress overrides the veto, Trump is off the hook politically and looks like a hero martyr warrior for conservatives. What am I missing here? Thanks.

ligant
03-16-2017, 12:10 AM
So, I don't understand why Trump doesn't simply veto every healthcare bill that is not exactly Rand Paul's plan? (...). What am I missing here? Thanks.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?503320-Trump-the-Commie-Vol-I-Healthcare

anaconda
03-16-2017, 12:13 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?503320-Trump-the-Commie-Vol-I-Healthcare

But I think in 2017 Trump would prefer to score a win with healthcare, rather than own another Obama-like legacy of failure and stupidity.

TheCount
03-16-2017, 12:28 AM
But I think in 2017 Trump would prefer to score a win with healthcare, rather than own another Obama-like legacy of failure and stupidity.The things that he says that he wants to include in his health care plan necessitate failure and stupidity.

timosman
03-16-2017, 12:35 AM
The things that he says that he wants to include in his health care plan necessitate failure and stupidity.

So funny!:rolleyes:

TheCount
03-16-2017, 12:43 AM
So funny!:rolleyes:He's a populist. He wants to give people free stuff. There's only a couple ways for the government to force private companies to give people free stuff, and none of them work for very long.

nikcers
03-16-2017, 12:51 AM
He's a populist. He wants to give people free stuff. There's only a couple ways for the government to force private companies to give people free stuff, and none of them work for very long. I love free lunch.

http://www.schnittberichte.com/www/SBs/4081057/sl45.jpg

TheTexan
03-16-2017, 05:25 AM
If healthcare is so expensive just make it free, problem solved

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-16-2017, 10:00 AM
He's a populist. He wants to give people free stuff. There's only a couple ways for the government to force private companies to give people free stuff, and none of them work for very long.

I really disagree, unless your timeline is different from mine. It's been going on for a long time. Your boy Obama did it for 8 years and really promoted the mentality when he said, "You didn't build that." So thanks for helping to promote something that you say doesn't work.

William Tell
03-16-2017, 10:06 AM
So, I don't understand why Trump doesn't simply veto every healthcare bill that is not exactly Rand Paul's plan? The longer the Congress fails to deliver that exact bill, the longer people would be subjected to Obamacare and see it's continued worsening failures. And, if the Congress overrides the veto, Trump is off the hook politically and looks like a hero martyr warrior for conservatives. What am I missing here? Thanks.

You are missing that Trump supports Ryan's plan.

Superfluous Man
03-16-2017, 10:08 AM

Trump doesn't support Rand Paul's plan.

nikcers
03-16-2017, 10:44 AM

Too bad uninformed people think Rand Paul and Paul Ryan are the same people because their names are similar. I have seen even some anchors that will mispeak and say the wrong name almost like they are conditioning the doublethink.

CPUd
03-16-2017, 10:46 AM
https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/842209771457462272

Zippyjuan
03-16-2017, 10:59 AM
"We are going to cover everybody."
"You can keep your coverage".

anaconda
03-16-2017, 08:22 PM
You are missing that Trump supports Ryan's plan.

But it will fail. So why does Trumpster want it? He will have a healthcare legacy of unoriginal idiot.

juleswin
03-16-2017, 08:25 PM

Maybe because Rand is not the center of his universe? This would be completely out of character for him to hold out until Rand's plan is approved. Rand didn't even campaign for him in the general elections.

anaconda
03-16-2017, 08:25 PM

But he could. And he could veto everything else.

CPUd
03-16-2017, 08:26 PM
But it will fail. So why does Trumpster want it? He will have a healthcare legacy of unoriginal idiot.

Apparently it has tremendous things.

anaconda
03-16-2017, 08:26 PM
Maybe because Rand is not the center of his universe? This would be completely out of character for him to hold out until Rand's plan is approved. Rand didn't even campaign for him in the general elections.

I really only meant that Trump could veto everything that does not embolden free market competition. Rand's is the closest. It would help push back his New World Order enemies. And fire up the base. And, as a side note, make health insurance affordable for many more people.

anaconda
03-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Apparently it has tremendous things.

Everybody knows it! It will be yuuuuuuuge.

Superfluous Man
03-16-2017, 08:40 PM
But he could. And he could veto everything else.

Sure. But then he wouldn't be Donald Trump. He would be someone noble.

CPUd
03-16-2017, 09:25 PM
https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/842553642544758784

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-16-2017, 10:08 PM
"We are going to cover everybody."
"You can keep your coverage".

Didn't your boy Obama say that?

Origanalist
03-16-2017, 10:15 PM
I really only meant that Trump could veto everything that does not embolden free market competition. Rand's is the closest. It would help push back his New World Order enemies. And fire up the base. And, as a side note, make health insurance affordable for many more people.

I don't think his base is capable of critical thought. No matter what he does they will just say it's better than what Hillary would have done.

oyarde
03-16-2017, 11:19 PM
Any bill he does not like should be vetoed . The senate could never muster votes to over ride it .

anaconda
03-17-2017, 01:09 AM
I don't think his base is capable of critical thought. No matter what he does they will just say it's better than what Hillary would have done.

Trump has a big ego. Why would he want to sign off on a health care plan that raises prices, worsens accessibility, and makes him look like a total loser? Something's not adding up here.

Origanalist
03-17-2017, 07:17 AM
Trump has a big ego. Why would he want to sign off on a health care plan that raises prices, worsens accessibility, and makes him look like a total loser? Something's not adding up here.

Ya, I've been thinking that for a while now.

Superfluous Man
03-17-2017, 08:26 AM
Didn't your boy Obama say that?

Yeah. Right. I mean, the way Zippy is talking, you'd almost think he wasn't an Obama supporter.

But that can't be right.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-17-2017, 11:56 AM
Yeah. Right.

Good ciphering!

http://www.louisianacommercialrealty.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/jethro.jpg

MallsRGood
03-17-2017, 03:47 PM
why Trump doesn't simply veto every healthcare bill that is not exactly Rand Paul's plan?

Because Trump opposes Rand's plan, because Trump is a leftist who wants single-payer socialized medicine.

He's settling for Ryan's Obamacare Lite as the next best thing.

It would help push back his New World Order enemies.

If there's a 'New World Order,' Trump's part of it.

And fire up the base.

Trump's base is not interested in free markets or small government.