PDA

View Full Version : Will Peter Schiff "remind" subscribers about Tea Party?

Ironslave
12-10-2007, 08:34 AM
That would be pretty frickin awesome.

Hard-money financial advisor Peter Schiff, proprietor of Euro-Pacific Capital has issued a call-to-action: Support Jeffersonian-conservative presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-Tex). Schiff has already endorsed Ron Paul, and now he is putting his money – and his clients’ as well – where his heart is. He is calling for each of the 60,000 contacts on his email list to donate $2300 apiece.

In a just-released email commentary to a personal mailing list of 60,000, Schiff is throwing his considerable leverage behind the presidential campaign’s only small-government, anti-foreign intervention candidate, Congressman Ron Paul (R-Tex). If Schiff’s clients, newsletter subscribers and others on his mailing list are (hypothetically) willing to do what he asks, the funds raised would be fairly staggering. Of course some, perhaps many, may have already donated some amount, but Schiff obviously believes there is a good deal more to tap.

Writes Schiff …

“There are over 60,000 names in my database. If a significant percentage of us donate $2,300 to Ron Paul, he will have a decent shot at being the Republican nominee, and he is probably the only Republican candidate capable of wining the Presidency in 2008. Come election time, this country will likely be in a severe recession, and Ron Paul is the only Republican able to distance himself from President Bush, who will clearly be blamed for the mess our economy will be in.”

And he adds …

“If you are fortunate enough to be one of my clients, writing a $2,300 check should not be a problem. As I have likely made you tons of money over the years, here is an opportunity to donate some of it to a worthy cause. We have made our money by betting against the U.S and betting against the dollar. Giving $2,300 of our winnings to Ron Paul gives us the opportunity to bet ON America for a change. And it’s a bet none of us can afford to lose, and the best part about it is that if we all make this bet together we can’t lose.

“My penchant for foreign investments has from time to time caused some of my critics to label me unpatriotic. While such attacks are clearly out of line, using some of our foreign profits to secure the election of Ron Paul goes a long way toward defusing such allegations.

“If you are not a client and you think $2,300 is a lot of money, it’s not. In fact, if Ron Paul is not our next President, such a sum will be practically worthless by the end of the term of whoever is. So what do you have to lose? Just write the check and hope for the best.

(Snip)

"If you donate by telephone or use the general donation web page, make sure to reference the project code “Schiff” when you do. That way I can better judge the effectiveness of this email. Once you have done so forward this email to every contact in your address book. Let’s give Ron Paul the greatest political war chest in history. In modern American politics money talks. With your help, Ron Paul’s voice can be the loudest one of all."

Bobby Johnson
12-10-2007, 08:45 AM
I have wondered this too. However, I was thinking more along the lines of the Chicago doctor named Mercola who is already a strong Ron Paul supporter. He has been not only urging his email recipients to donate but also to wait until the 16th. His email list reportedly has about 1.3 million people in it.

I am wondering if we should keep this thread alive for the next several days and encourage people to write to individuals meeting the following criteria:
1. Large email lists
2. Already Ron Paul supporters
3. Have emailed their readers about www.teaparty07.com

Would it be a good idea to post their contact information here and encourage the readers of this board to write a polite email thanking Mercola, Schiff, and others like them for their support and ask for a "reminder" email about the 16th?

We only have a limited amount of time before the 16th so that is why I came up with the criteria that I did. I would be willing to take part in something like this if the contact information was posted here.

Tedhunter
12-10-2007, 08:57 AM
I think it's a great idea to thank these influential people. Let them know we are behind them, and encourage them to do more!

leonster
12-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Would it be a good idea to post their contact information here and encourage the readers of this board to write a polite email thanking Mercola, Schiff, and others like them for their support and ask for a "reminder" email about the 16th?

IF so... PLEASE don't bombard them. 5-20 short, polite emails will do MUCH better than 300 random ones filling their inboxes...

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Honestly, I would just choose 1 person to write a thank you messag on behalf of all RP supporters. Sometimes it is great to show support in numbers, sometimes it's better to get the message across in a more streamlined fashion. Perhaps dedicate a sickey thread for them with a thank you and put a link that he could access as well send to his clients to view. Same with the doctor.

Anyway, that's just two cents.

If a man of his prowess can mobilize a force of that magnitude it would be incredible. Even a small portion (5000) of them would field an enourmous amount of money for the campaign, draw a lot of attention and spread the word at a large rate.

raystone
12-10-2007, 09:20 AM
it's working....looking at Ronpaulgraphs, there was at least one $2,300 donation made this am, and at least 2 on Friday.

The Only Woj
12-10-2007, 10:11 PM
I was just thinking about sending an email to these individuals (especially Mercola) to remind him about Dec 16 and to pass it on those to their newsletters

leonster
12-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Honestly, I would just choose 1 person to write a thank you messag on behalf of all RP supporters. Sometimes it is great to show support in numbers, sometimes it's better to get the message across in a more streamlined fashion. Perhaps dedicate a sickey thread for them with a thank you and put a link that he could access as well send to his clients to view. Same with the doctor.

Anyway, that's just two cents.

If a man of his prowess can mobilize a force of that magnitude it would be incredible. Even a small portion (5000) of them would field an enourmous amount of money for the campaign, draw a lot of attention and spread the word at a large rate.

Even if 1,000 of them--less than 2%--do this... that's $2.3 million! :eek:

Libertarian
12-11-2007, 06:17 AM
Guys, please send out emails to any newsletter authors you are aware of, informing them about RP and asking that they please consider endorsing him in their next issue. Paul has so many great positions that it shouldn't be hard to find one anyone can agree with. This is an easy way to reach thousands of people very quickly.

If any newsletter writer could could send out an email before Teaparty 07, that would be perfect ;)

Matthew Zak
12-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Yes I agree, thank you letters are the way to go. They're polite, sincere, and in case anyone had changed their mind, a thank you letter would bring them right back. :)

Fields
12-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Even if 1,000 of them--less than 2%--do this... that's $2.3 million! :eek:

Whoa, now that is money!

Phenom24
12-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Wrote Peter Schiff today - I sure hope that some of those people will donate.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!