PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi: ‘We Have a Right to Know What’s in Health Care Bill Before It Passes’

Anti Federalist
03-11-2017, 12:30 AM
Nancy Pelosi: ‘We Have a Right to Know What’s in Health Care Bill Before It Passes’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/10/nancy-pelosi-we-have-a-right-to-know-whats-in-health-care-bill-before-it-passes/

by Neil W. McCabe10 Mar 2017Capitol Hill200

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif) sent a letter Tuesday to Speaker Paul Ryan (R.-Wis.) demanding to know the contents of his American Health Care Act, or RyanCare, before it passes the House–a rich hark back to what she said when Congress was considering Obamacare seven years ago.

“We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it,” is what Pelosi said March 9, 2010 to the National Association of Counties.

Tuesday, Pelosi wrote: “Members must not be asked to vote on this legislation before the CBO and the Joint Committee on Taxation have answered the following questions about your legislation in 2018 and 2019, over the 10-year budget window, and in the decade after: How will this bill measure up to the Affordable Care Act and current Medicaid law on coverage, quality, and cost? And how will it impact Medicare solvency?”

Pelosi said Ryan should appreciate her concerns.

“Mr. Speaker, as a former Chair of both the Committee on Ways and Means and the Budget, you understand the importance of having the numbers as well as anyone,” she wrote.

“The American people and Members have a right to know the full impact of this legislation before any vote in Committee or by the whole House,” she wrote. “These are critical questions and I hope that Republicans will honor their responsibility to the American people both before the Committees vote and before the final bill goes to the House floor.”

What a difference seven years makes.

CPUd
03-11-2017, 12:32 AM
She's got to be trolling

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-11-2017, 12:36 AM
Banshee hag.

AngryCanadian
03-11-2017, 12:52 AM
She had no issues passing the failed Obamacare.:rolleyes:

anaconda
03-11-2017, 01:03 AM
This simply can't be true. Oh, wait. She said recently that Bush is the current President. Never mind.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2017, 03:21 PM
Pelosi: The People Deserve To Know What's In Healthcare Bill Before We Pass It

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-11/pelosi-people-deserve-know-whats-healthcare-bill-we-pass-it

by Tyler Durden
Mar 11, 2017 1:10 PM

Back in 2010, amid the furor over the Democrat's healthcare tax - soon to be nicknamed 'Obamacare' - Nancy Pelosi explained to the world, seemingly ignorant of the inaneness of what she was saying, that "we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it."

7 years later, we know how that ended, you lost the doctor you liked and your premiums are exploding.

So here we are, in 2017, 50 days after President Trump took office and the markups to the Obamacare Repeal and Replace actions are underway, and none other than the very same Democratic Party leader Nancy Pelosi has this to say (in a letter to Speaker Ryan)...

Dear Speaker Ryan,

This week, the Committees on Energy & Commerce and Ways & Means will be marking up Republicans’ long-feared bill to dismantle affordable health care. The GOP legislation will have life or death consequences for tens of millions of families across America, and extraordinary impacts on state and federal budgets long into the future.

The American people and Members have a right to know the full impact of this legislation before any vote in Committee or by the whole House.

I hope that Republicans will honor their responsibility to the American people both before the Committees vote and before the final bill goes to the House floor.

Once again proving that politicians must have their 'shame' gland removed upon taking the oath and that hypocrisy is a strategy after all.

angelatc
03-11-2017, 03:23 PM
This is why I hate liberals. They have no conscience, no shame.

JK/SEA
03-11-2017, 03:24 PM
she needs a brain scan. Alcohol, when used on an hourly basis, can cause severe damage...

timosman
03-11-2017, 03:34 PM
This is why I hate liberals. They have no conscience, no shame.

Shame is such an outdated concept. Luckily for us we invented an echo chamber where we can dispose of such inhibitions.

Brian4Liberty
03-11-2017, 03:50 PM
They have no shame. Hypocrisy and double standards are the norm on the hysterical left.

euphemia
03-11-2017, 03:58 PM
What a hypocrite.

timosman
03-11-2017, 04:04 PM
They have no shame. Hypocrisy and double standards are the norm on the hysterical left.

Racist!

Contumacious
03-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Nancy Pelosi: ‘We Have a Right to Know What’s in Health Care Bill Before It Passes’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/10/nancy-pelosi-we-have-a-right-to-know-whats-in-health-care-bill-before-it-passes/

by Neil W. McCabe10 Mar 2017Capitol Hill200

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif) sent a letter Tuesday to Speaker Paul Ryan (R.-Wis.) demanding to know the contents of his American Health Care Act, or RyanCare, before it passes the House–a rich hark back to what she said when Congress was considering Obamacare seven years ago.

“We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it,” is what Pelosi said March 9, 2010 to the National Association of Counties.

Tuesday, Pelosi wrote: “Members must not be asked to vote on this legislation before the CBO and the Joint Committee on Taxation have answered the following questions about your legislation in 2018 and 2019, over the 10-year budget window, and in the decade after: How will this bill measure up to the Affordable Care Act and current Medicaid law on coverage, quality, and cost? And how will it impact Medicare solvency?”

Pelosi said Ryan should appreciate her concerns.

“Mr. Speaker, as a former Chair of both the Committee on Ways and Means and the Budget, you understand the importance of having the numbers as well as anyone,” she wrote.

“The American people and Members have a right to know the full impact of this legislation before any vote in Committee or by the whole House,” she wrote. “These are critical questions and I hope that Republicans will honor their responsibility to the American people both before the Committees vote and before the final bill goes to the House floor.”

What a difference seven years makes.

F u c k i n g amazing

Sen Harry Reid (D-USSR) convened the Senate IN SECRETE in a snowy Christmas eve at 2 AM in 2008 - NO ONE HAD READ THE OVER 2000 pages ObamaHellcare bill

Now she is is demanding to now the contents of the bill , the audacity

timosman
03-11-2017, 04:23 PM
F u c k i n g amazing

Sen Harry Reid (D-USSR) convened the Senate IN SECRETE in a snowy Christmas eve at 2 AM in 2008 - NO ONE HAD READ THE OVER 2000 pages ObamaHellcare bill

Chillax, nobody remembers what happened 8 years ago. :cool:

Contumacious
03-11-2017, 04:37 PM
Chillax, nobody remembers what happened 8 years ago. :cool:

I do, vividly.

timosman
03-11-2017, 04:41 PM
I do, vividly.

Maybe she made a mistake back then, but now she's learned from the experience and does the right thing. You should embrace the growth mindset more.:cool:

AZJoe
03-11-2017, 04:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU

Ender
03-11-2017, 05:02 PM
F u c k i n g amazing

No one ever read the Patriot Act either.

I was an 11 yr old kid & heard this guy on radio talking about how it had passed with no one reading it. Even as a tween I knew this wasn't good & looked the guy up.

It turned out to be some wacky old man named Ron Paul.

specsaregood
03-11-2017, 05:05 PM
she needs a brain scan. Alcohol, when used on an hourly basis, can cause severe damage...

factcheck claims she doesn't drink at all. lol

angelatc
03-11-2017, 05:08 PM

But the people on the right still treat them like they're sane.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2017, 06:44 PM
Yup, quite right.

No one ever read the Patriot Act either.

I was an 11 yr old kid & heard this guy on radio talking about how it had passed with no one reading it. Even as a tween I knew this wasn't good & looked the guy up.

It turned out to be some wacky old man named Ron Paul.

nikcers
03-12-2017, 10:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qnfZfAY980

opal
03-12-2017, 10:38 AM
whack job
needs to be institutionalized

timosman
03-12-2017, 10:44 AM
But the people on the right still treat them like they're sane.

Agree, this is a big mistake.:cool: