PDA

View Full Version : Happy News From Rand Paul (NOT)

osan
03-08-2017, 12:02 AM
This came in the mail today.

We know Congress will sell us out, that's a given.

I suppose Trump will sign it, no? My optimism is shrinking. I don't know the details of the bill and I believe we should back out in a piecemeal fashion over, say, three years, but this doesn't seem to bode well as it appears to my ignorant eyes to be more shit on a shingle.

What say ye?

Nauseous, traitorous bastards in the House.

Dear Andrew, for weeks I’ve been warning that the House leadership could be selling out the people that put them in office.
That happened yesterday when they finally released the text of their “Obamacare Lite” plan.

You may recall, I spent a few days trying to get them to release their then-secret plan, that they were keeping under lock and key.

I liked it better when I couldn’t find it.

I won’t hold back – as is, this plan is a disaster filled with more taxes, more mandates, and more subsidies. It will not lower costs. It will not fix our broken healthcare system.

I will fight them. I hope you will too.

We are hitting a very crucial point in this battle, and I need you by my side.

Will you help me show my colleagues that Americans are ready to stand with them if they do the right thing? Add your name to the Real Repeal and Replace Coalition today.

Add Your Name (https://t.e2ma.net/click/w38sy/odzdp1/otfd4r)

I can’t stress enough – our time is short and the pressure is on.

But there is hope.

Today I held a press conference with some of my colleagues from the House and Senate who believe, like you and I do, that we must not have Obamacare Lite.

And as it stands right now, we may well have the votes to stop the House Leadership’s disastrous plan – but only if we keep everyone standing firm.

That’s where you come in.

Add Your Name (https://t.e2ma.net/click/w38sy/odzdp1/4lgd4r)

The special interests and the DC establishment will be putting heavy pressure on everyone at that press conference.

They’ll want us to give in, to let them say they repealed Obamacare, even though they left in place

Mandates on what plans must cover

The so-called “Cadillac Tax” that taxes the best insurance
Massive Subsidies renames as “refundable tax credits”
A $100 billion dollar insurance company bailout

This plan is so bad they even left in the one thing that every Republican is supposed to be against. The thing that we went to the Supreme Court to try to stop – they left in a massive penalty if you don’t buy insurance.

You and I cannot let it stand. I’m leading the fight, and your support for RANDPAC helps us reach hundreds of thousands of more Americans to make sure their voice is heard.

The House Republicans want this bill to pass quietly. They don’t want a spotlight on it.

That’s why I’m counting on your to make sure they don’t win.

Let’s fight. Let’s stand up and say REAL REPEAL ONLY.

By the by, the links seem to work, so if you want to make noise...

Anti-Neocon
03-08-2017, 04:55 AM
Hopefully this will be Paul Ryan's political career, but only if we make it happen:
http://weareyellowball.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/sinking.ship01.jpeg

jllundqu
03-08-2017, 10:23 AM
I love to see Rand kicking RINOS in the junk. Let em have it!

Champ
03-08-2017, 10:50 AM
This is happy news because House Repubs and Paul Ryan exposed themselves for what they are. Nothing but snake oil salesmen doing the bidding of the Democratic Party and the elites. The news is all over the place how similar to Obamacare 1.0 it is, how it continues to force citizens to fill the pockets of insurance companies. This isn't going anywhere.

osan
03-08-2017, 11:23 PM
This is happy news because House Repubs and Paul Ryan exposed themselves for what they are. Nothing but snake oil salesmen doing the bidding of the Democratic Party and the elites. The news is all over the place how similar to Obamacare 1.0 it is, how it continues to force citizens to fill the pockets of insurance companies. This isn't going anywhere.

It's the same old song, so even if Trump proved to be Superman, it would mean nothing in the presence of presidential kryptonite, AKA "Congress".

Given how some of this seems to be going, one can only wonder if we are being goaded. Theye can't lose, in a sense, because either we remain complacent and sufficiently compliant, or we break out the violence. Either way, we will lose, or so it often seems.

Anti-Neocon
03-09-2017, 07:38 AM
It's the same old song, so even if Trump proved to be Superman, it would mean nothing in the presence of presidential kryptonite, AKA "Congress".

Given how some of this seems to be going, one can only wonder if we are being goaded. Theye can't lose, in a sense, because either we remain complacent and sufficiently compliant, or we break out the violence. Either way, we will lose, or so it often seems.
Who is saying this though?

-“Our wonderful new Health Care Bill"
-"The new and great health care program”

It's not Congress.

osan
03-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Who is saying this though?

-“Our wonderful new Health Care Bill"
-"The new and great health care program”

It's not Congress.

Good point. Who, indeed. It was midnight after a full day of CAD work and I didn't think properly.

Is this yet another media grease job? I have no idea.

Of all the issues, I would think that Trump would be anxious to go before the nation and have a clear and detailed statement. Could be he's done it already. Anyone?

dbill27
03-09-2017, 10:04 PM
i called all multiple congressman in my state today and both senators and told them that supporting Paul Ryan's Bill is a deal breaker and that Rand Paul's replacement Bill is the only acceptable available replacement bill at this time. I called Paul ryan's office and told him that I will be funding anyone who primaries him after this. Call your congressman!! Make them feel the heat, this is the fight we need to fight, if we don't kill obamacare the right way now then we are on a quick path to socialized medicine. DO NOT SIT BY AND WATCH THIS HAPPEN!!!