PDA

View Full Version : not.your.average.joe - new account owner

not.your.average.joe
03-07-2017, 09:11 PM
My older cousin, not.your.average.joe , was diagnosed with leukemia in early January 2016. After several weeks of chemo in the hospital, he passed away. Over the past eight years, he has had a profound impact on my life and the way I think. He introduced Ron Paul to me back in 2012, and since then I've tried my best to educate myself and incorporate the principles of liberty to my life.

Without not.your.average.joe here to guide me, I decided to join Ron Paul Forums to learn from other people of a like mind. Thanks a lot to Bryan from RPF staff for making it possible for me to continue this account, as it holds sentimental value.

Note: I'm probably a lot younger than most of the people on this forum.

oyarde
03-07-2017, 09:16 PM
My older cousin, not.your.average.joe , was diagnosed with leukemia in early January 2016. After several weeks of chemo in the hospital, he passed away. Over the past eight years, he has had a profound impact on my life and the way I think. He introduced Ron Paul to me back in 2012, and since then I've tried my best to educate myself and incorporate the principles of liberty to my life.

Without not.your.average.joe here to guide me, I decided to join Ron Paul Forums to learn from other people of a like mind. Thanks a lot to Bryan from RPF staff for making it possible for me to continue this account, as it holds sentimental value.

Greetings . Yeah you are probably alot younger than I am :) , no need to rub it in .

CPUd
03-07-2017, 09:18 PM
Welcome, sorry to hear about your cousin.

Ender
03-07-2017, 09:44 PM

Welcome!

And, I'm 26; was 11 when I first heard Ron Paul and a teen when I started looking into the RP forums.

Jesse James
03-08-2017, 07:52 AM

oh man this is tragic, I hope your family is doing ok. I am pretty new here so I never got to talk to your cousin unfortunately.

will pray for you.

how old are you?
bet I'm younger. :D

you were brought here by God to learn the ways of the anarcho capitalists. I give it 6 months :toady:

not.your.average.joe
03-08-2017, 08:19 AM
oh man this is tragic, I hope your family is doing ok. I am pretty new here so I never got to talk to your cousin unfortunately.

will pray for you.

how old are you?
bet I'm younger. :D

you were brought here by God to learn the ways of the anarcho capitalists. I give it 6 months :toady:

I am 16 years old.

sam1952
03-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Welcome, your cousin planted a seed of liberty for you. I hope it continues to grow and spread with your and others benefit.
Young or old (like me) liberty for all!

William Tell
03-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Welcome, Friend. I am sorry about your cousin.:( But the fact that he passed the torch of liberty to you and you decided to run with it speaks very highly of you both. I hope you stick around, don't let the old curmudgeons scare you off.:p

jllundqu
03-08-2017, 09:54 AM

Welcome.... you are most welcome.

We have some young people here as well as old. I'm 36 and I consider myself old lol.

Small conversations can ripple through time and have profound impacts on our lives and, subsequently, the lives of others.

Lamp
03-08-2017, 10:42 AM
I'm 15 years old nice to meet you.

Jesse James
03-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Beat me by 2 years!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Good to hear from you, joe. Sorry to hear about your cousin.

Yes, I think individuals can make a much bigger impact than many often realize. Everyone has a purpose on this earth. You can make an impact on other people. Never let it be said that one person can't make a difference in somebody's life. I know that might sound cliched, but I don't mean it that way. I have see countless examples. Everyone has a calling. Liberty can be that calling or even part of a calling.

angelatc
03-08-2017, 07:09 PM
I am 16 years old.

I am so sorry for your loss. Welcome, and thanks for memorializing your cousin in so many ways.

Bryan
03-08-2017, 11:24 PM

Really great to have you here. I am glad to help out as I can.

Age doesn't matter. Focus on developing your intellectual metal, that's what matters.

Suzanimal
03-08-2017, 11:48 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm sure your cousin would be proud that you are memorializing him this way. What a wonderful gesture! Welcome, not.your.average.joe. 2.0.

The Rebel Poet
03-09-2017, 07:26 AM

Hola bro. Don't worry about your age. Whatever it is, you are still older than Willy. He writes like an 80-year-old, but he's actually our resident child activist. Might as well throw him some birthday wishes as he recently hit the big one-oh.

mrsat_98
03-09-2017, 07:33 AM
I am 16 years old.

Your are getting off to a good start, Welcome aboard.

tod evans
03-09-2017, 07:59 AM
Hi.

fedupinmo
03-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Your ageism has been reported. :D

jmdrake
03-12-2017, 06:23 AM

That's sad. But he left you something better than money. A liberty community. Warning, it's rough and tumble here sometimes. But welcome aboard!

georgiaboy
03-12-2017, 07:07 AM
Welcome, joe the younger!

Your wonderful gesture has given me an idea -- bequeathing my RPF account to a worthy successor.

euphemia
03-12-2017, 07:13 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. Welcome to the boards.

Natural Citizen
09-05-2017, 09:57 AM
...I've tried my best to educate myself and incorporate the principles of liberty to my life...

Here. Read this. Read every single word of it. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?493927-The-American-Ideal-of-1776-The-Twelve-Basic-American-Principles. Twice.

In doing so, I promise that you'll be far ahead of most people whom you meet in life where conversations with regard to matters of Individual Liberty-Responsibility are had. To be clear, the word Liberty should never be spoken or written absent the word Responsibility. More importantly, they should not be learned separately. They should be learned as an Indivisible whole.

Know this. Ron Paul has a profound respect for the wisdom of the Founders. And correctly so. He cites their wisdom often and he cites their wisdom regularly. Ron Paul believes in the Constitution and he believes in the Declaration Of Independence. And he has always worked tirelessly to defend the principles and primary foundation for moral code therein. He does not bash them. He does not challenge them and he does not refute them or the intentions of their authors. Ever. Additionally, Ron Paul is not anti-government. He is merely a proponent of less government.

You will find that the 'libertarian' tent is a big tent. Be diligent. And do know that just because one is young does not mean that one cannot learn to lead. It's very easy to follow one's own path. Though there will be signs every step of the way inviting a weary traveller to come this way...no, go this way...uh uh, take this other path, it's better..hey, go this way instead. Don't do it. Stop. Listen. Hear. Think. Reason. It's okay to stop and do those things. In fact, it is wise to do so. But always remember what it was that brought you here. Do not let it escape you. Someone elses shortcut will only take you as far as the person who needs a following to get to where he wants to go for his own benefit will take you. And then he will leave you once he gets his. And then you will be lost. Misguided. You will be lost because he did not care about your path. He only cared about his. What's worse is that you will be viewed in his light every step of the way back to where you were trying to go in the first place. And every step forward beyond that. Politically speaking, this is the very best advice that I can ever give to a young person. You'll find that the nature of man is addressed in the link I've shared with you. Unfortunately, wisdom does not always come from reading a book. Sometimes it has to come from experience. Just be diligent along the way.

And welcome.

shakey1
09-05-2017, 02:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdTRq3lxnXA