PDA

View Full Version : Trump personally met with Russian ambassador during campaign

spudea
03-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Donald Trump has claimed repeatedly that he has had no contact with Russian officials as a presidential candidate.
He was lying.

Trump personally met with the Russian ambassador on April 27, 2016, prior to a major foreign policy speech. The Wall Street Journal, in a report that was little-noticed at the time but was recently picked up by AMERICABlog News, reported the meeting last year.

A few minutes before he made those remarks, Mr. Trump met at a VIP reception with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Ivanovich Kislyak. Mr. Trump warmly greeted Mr. Kislyak and three other foreign ambassadors who came to the reception.

Kislyak, according to multiple contemporaneous news reports, was seated in the front row. It was an invitation-only event.
A photo from AFP captures Kislyak taking his seat.

Trump used the speech to call for warmer relations with Russia. “I believe an easing of tensions, and improved relations with Russia — from a position of strength only — is possible, absolutely possible,” Trump said. “Some say the Russians won’t be reasonable. I intend to find out.”
Russia was pleased with his speech

Trump has repeatedly insisted that neither he nor anyone on his campaign was in contact with Russia during the election.
“Russia is a ruse. I have nothing to do with Russia. Haven’t made a phone call to Russia in years. Don’t speak to people from Russia,” Trump said during a February 16 press conference. He said he contacts with Russia were limited to talking twice to Vladimir Putin after election day.

On February 20, Trump spokesperson Sarah Sanders flatly declared that the Trump campaign had “no contacts” with Russia.
We’ve since learned that at least four members of the Trump campaign — Jeff Sessions, Michael Flynn, Carter Page, and J.D. Gordon — talked with Russian officials during the campaign.

Sessions, now the Attorney General, recused himself from any investigation of the Trump campaigns contacts with Russia after he falsely told the Judiciary Committee he had not met with any Russian officials.

Trump’s own meeting with Kislyak raises further questions about the nature of the Trump campaign’s relationship with Russia and why the Trump administration won’t come clean about the extent of their contacts.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-personally-met-with-russian-ambassador-during-campaign-cc59ae305032#.4stzfkton

H. E. Panqui
03-08-2017, 05:42 PM
...you'd think there would be more interest in this story...

Zippyjuan
03-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Distracted (by plan) by the ants in Trump Tower story. Sorry- bugs.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/%5EBD6431F0F455C4DDD206CD87FDB51BF1CC1426D0757AF70 0EC%5Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

UWDude
03-08-2017, 09:38 PM
You'd think a super secret russian conspiracy wouldn't be funneled through the most notable and public Russian in New York.

UWDude
03-08-2017, 09:39 PM
Don’t speak to people from Russia,”

And there was also that one time he talked to the Russian lady behind the perfume desk at Macy's!!!!

AngryCanadian
03-08-2017, 10:05 PM
From Think Progress? really ronpaulforums? seriously?

dannno
03-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Distracted (by plan) by the ants in Trump Tower story. Sorry- bugs.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/%5EBD6431F0F455C4DDD206CD87FDB51BF1CC1426D0757AF70 0EC%5Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Lol more memefactory warefare from the establishment..

Hey zip, you should be smart enough to know that in the top quote he is talking about the Russian government, and in the bottom quote he is talking about the entire country.

asurfaholic
03-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Seriously has to be the very least of my concerns.

enhanced_deficit
03-09-2017, 11:08 AM
...you'd think there would be more interest in this story...

Considering that Russia is fighting ISIS in Syria and Israel was supportive of ISIS if not part of ISIS-creation cabal.. there should be less interest in this meeting than Trump's and others meetings with Israel's ambassador.

Democrats have no problem with Israeli envoy addressing GOP group opposed to Obama

http://19453-presscdn.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/BjLtNT_CEAAHdgK-580x397.jpg (http://19453-presscdn.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/BjLtNT_CEAAHdgK.jpg)
Hillary Clinton chats with Ron Dermer at American Jewish Congress

And over at Lobelog, Marsha Cohen reports that Dermer is violating diplomatic convention by speaking to the Republican Jewish Coalition at a Sheldon Adelson hotel in Las Vegas this week.
In a break with diplomatic tradition Ron Dermer, an American-born former Republican activist, is scheduled to attend the Republican Jewish Coalition’s (RJC) Spring Leadership Meeting in Las Vegas next week and share the speaking platform with New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, former UN Ambassador John Bolton, Ohio Governor Jon Kasich and Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.

Cohen explains how this goes against diplo-etiquette:
It is highly unusual for foreign ambassadors to directly involve themselves in the politics of the country in which they are serving, particularly by actively aligning themselves with an opposition party….

- See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2014/03/democrats-israeli-addressing/

Zippyjuan
03-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Lol more memefactory warefare from the establishment..

Hey zip, you should be smart enough to know that in the top quote he is talking about the Russian government, and in the bottom quote he is talking about the entire country.

He said he had no business or personal ties with Russia.

Dr.3D
03-09-2017, 04:17 PM
From Think Progress? really ronpaulforums? seriously?
Yeah, I'm not going to lean forward just yet.

* Sniffs for donkeys *

phill4paul
03-09-2017, 04:20 PM
And there was also that one time he talked to the Russian lady behind the perfume desk at Macy's!!!!

I didn't know Giuliani was Russian.

dannno
03-09-2017, 04:26 PM
He said he had no business or personal ties with Russia.

The government?

UWDude
03-09-2017, 11:05 PM
I didn't know Giuliani was Russian.

They all are Russian agents. OMG.

TheTexan
03-09-2017, 11:30 PM
He shook the hand of the Russian ambassador??!

While a presidential candidate!!???!

milgram
03-10-2017, 12:38 AM
I wish he'd meet with him again instead of filling his admin with Russia haters

fr33
03-10-2017, 12:52 AM
This story might intrigue low info people or people who are scared of Russians for no good reason. Luckily I have a decent memory and remember presidential candidates traveling overseas to meet with foreign leaders during the campaigns long before Trump or the last election.

UWDude
03-10-2017, 01:16 AM
This story might intrigue low info people or people who are scared of Russians for no good reason. Luckily I have a decent memory and remember presidential candidates traveling overseas to meet with foreign leaders during the campaigns long before Trump or the last election.

BUT ITS THE RUSSIANS!! OMG!!!

Jamesiv1
03-10-2017, 01:43 AM
And there was also that one time he talked to the Russian lady behind the perfume desk at Macy's!!!!Dang Russkies!!!!

UWDude
03-10-2017, 01:46 AM
Dang Russkies!!!!

Leftists just hate them because they are so hot!

AZJoe
03-10-2017, 06:21 AM
Leftists just hate them because they are so hot!

Leftists still can't forgive Russia for abandoning communism in favor of capitalism.

AZJoe
03-10-2017, 06:30 AM
Trump personally met with Russian ambassador during campaign

He politely shook hands and greeted the ambassador at a VIP reception. Wow. Why is this ridiculous article from a statist rag being promoted?

Guess what, he met with the president of Mexico too, and did not just shake hands and greet but had a private meeting and a press conference.
Both Hillary and Trump met with Netanyahu, and Hillary met with Saudi representatives. Ooooh. Woooow. Oh my!

H. E. Panqui
03-11-2017, 04:23 PM
danno defends trumpski: Hey zip, you should be smart enough to know that in the top quote he is talking about the Russian government, and in the bottom quote he is talking about the entire country.

:confused:

...geekers, on pro-trump republican radio they've been telling people for years that in 'totalitarian' 'communist' russia there is no difference between 'the russian government' and 'the entire country'...

...oh what a wicked web, trumpsters!...

Jan2017
03-12-2017, 11:48 AM
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/salad01a_zpsj0yqgx7t.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/salad01a_zpsj0yqgx7t.jpg.html)

fedupinmo
03-12-2017, 11:58 AM
Let's get Saigas back on the import list!!! :D