PDA

View Full Version : Gaslighting Is Real

Meritocrat
03-07-2017, 06:48 AM
Gaslighting is making a person believe he is crazy when he really isn't. We can extend the term to mean making people believe that a sane person is crazy when he is not. It comes from an old movie where a husband makes his wife believe she is crazy by turning a gaslight back on after she shuts it off and then blaming her for leaving it on, and other things like this. Congress has been stalling Trump's appointments and nominations, keeping Obama's people in as long as possible. Obama's people leak to the press every thing they can. Meanwhile the talking heads keep repeating the word chaos and suggesting that Trump is unstable. Obama, who should be going back to his regular profession, except he never had one, set up a office in DC complete with a strategist for the purpose of toppling Trump. One way we know this is because he has a free office at the White House but under law it can't be used for political purposes, so he isn't using it. Now there seems to be some evidence that he has been spying. CNN set up a camera right on the oval office to capture any heated talks, which there has always been but have never been broadcast... Here is an example of political gaslighting (30 second mark):

https://youtu.be/PsthuyIOkIY

phill4paul
03-07-2017, 07:18 AM
Congress has been stalling Trump's appointments and nominations, keeping Obama's people in as long as possible.

There's a way to deal with that. Through them out of their office and lock the doors until such time is a new appointee is made or never. I prefer the latter.

seapilot
03-07-2017, 02:37 PM
There's a way to deal with that. Through them out of their office and lock the doors until such time is a new appointee is made or never. I prefer the latter.

Even easier, stop paying them.

phill4paul
03-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Even easier, stop paying them.

I've already done that. I wish others would join me. :o