PDA

View Full Version : There Is Just One Sentence In The Bill To Terminate The EPA

tommyrp12
03-06-2017, 09:01 PM
There Is Just One Sentence In The Bill To Terminate The EPA (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-06/there-just-one-sentence-bill-terminate-epa)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-06/there-just-one-sentence-bill-terminate-epa

This is one bill that no congressman can claim he has not had read completely...
http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu107/bentom187/20170306_epa1_zpsbrtapimy.jpg

Dr.3D
03-06-2017, 09:06 PM
December 31, 2018?

Why wait so long? That's nearly two years.

Chomp
03-06-2017, 09:30 PM
Not just this unconstitutional bums EPA. Also FDA, ATF, FAA, and more commie stores.

TheTexan
03-06-2017, 09:32 PM
But without the EPA, what Agency will Protect the Environment !???

TheTexan
03-06-2017, 09:34 PM
Guess who also does not have an EPA

http://images.gawker.com/198v8d9iw482tjpg/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

Athan
03-06-2017, 09:47 PM

Yeah but guess who has state control to fix that anyway. They don't need a pretext to have their government solve that issue. The American economy is being systemically destroyed using the EPA as pretext. In the US all we need are citizen groups to raise awareness and go after companies that pollute. We have the culture for people who love the environment. In fact, why not have all environmentalist here start focusing on China and India and wait till there is actually a company in the US actually polluting the environment.

Right now most of the trash in the US comes from people who have no respect for the environment. Which tend to be people who have immigrated from another country like say China or India and culturally don't give a fux unlike like say the Japanese culture.

Dr.3D
03-06-2017, 09:54 PM

And that's a big reason, manufacturing has migrated over there.

Anti Federalist
03-06-2017, 10:08 PM
Good.

Created4
03-06-2017, 10:13 PM
December 31, 2018?

Why wait so long? That's nearly two years.

Probably contracts in place for government employees that need to sunshine out.

Dr.3D
03-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Probably contracts in place for government employees that need to sunshine out.
Hope they make them sit on their hands till the contract is up.

UWDude
03-06-2017, 10:18 PM
Political suicide. the masses would never understand.

Origanalist
03-06-2017, 10:24 PM
Political suicide. the masses would never understand.

Maybe not, but the subject needs to be put forth nonetheless.

TheCount
03-06-2017, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure this really works. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that the executive can create new agencies at will so long as it's able to find the funding for them. I think you'd need to solve that, or attack the funding directly, in order to actually reduce executive power.

TheCount
03-06-2017, 10:44 PM
We have the culture for people who love the environment.

Right now most of the trash in the US comes from people who have no respect for the environment. Which tend to be people who have immigrated from another country like say China or India and culturally don't give a fuck like say the Japanese culture.Yes, the environment in the US was glorious and we definitely never had any problems with people fucking it up until those damn chinks and slurpee jockeys showed up.

tommyrp12
03-06-2017, 10:49 PM
From Administrative State to Constitutional Government (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?474392-From-Administrative-State-to-Constitutional-Government&p=5866525#post5866525)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?474392-From-Administrative-State-to-Constitutional-Government&p=5866525#post5866525

ChristianAnarchist
03-06-2017, 10:53 PM

Actually not true at all! My wife's undergraduate degree was in Environmental Science and I've had dinner with some of her classmates who this day work in the Chinese version of the EPA. It's not that they don't have an "EPA" equivalent, it's simply not as easy as shutting down the polluting factories since the prosperity of China is based on export and if you shut those down China goes bankrupt. I was in Beijing 4 days ago and the pollution is bad... Still, if you ask anyone over 40 there if they prefer to live in the prosperity they have now (with the side effect of pollution) or the poverty of 30 years ago there are very few who would want to go back.

Most of the bad air in China comes from coal-fired electrical plants (they are everywhere and the stacks put out plenty). Of course we now have clean-burning coal plants and I'm sure that China will eventually phase them in but it will take time if they don't want a total collapse... Of course they may not have to wait because if our almighty dollar comes crashing down it will take China with it and then all the factories will stop and so will prosperity. I'm not saying we have to keep printing money (we can't) I'm simply pointing out that there is a definite end coming to all the nonsense and there's no way any of us will have power to change things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNxNgfVzAvo

UWDude
03-06-2017, 11:00 PM
But without the EPA, what Agency will Protect the Environment !???

Withotu the EPA, you get disasters like Flint and Hanford and Deepwater Horizon!

unknown
03-07-2017, 12:38 AM

Texan as in Texas?

And youre saying that the states cant handle it, should they chose to?

WTF happened to the Ron Paul forums...?

A Wyoming Rancher Is Fighting Back Against EPA After Being Fined More Than $16 MILLION Over What He Built on His Property (http://www.theblaze.com/news/2015/08/28/a-wyoming-rancher-is-fighting-back-against-epa-after-being-fined-more-than-16-million-over-what-he-built-on-his-property/).

LibertyRevolution
03-07-2017, 02:17 AM

As long as I can sue companies for damages to my property, there is no need for an EPA.
I would estimate the damage at 8.6million dollars per person in that photo for having to breathe that shit.
Let the lawsuits keep their damaging pollution in check.

ChristianAnarchist
03-07-2017, 05:33 AM
Withotu the EPA, you get disasters like Flint and Hanford and Deepwater Horizon!

Good one!! +rep

Athan
03-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Yes, the environment in the US was glorious and we definitely never had any problems with people $#@!ing it up until those damn chinks and slurpee jockeys showed up.

Ok, what? The US consumer has a environmentally conscious shopping pattern which also translate to shopping for homes. Not just that, we have property rights. Tell me, if you buy property, do you want to see it trashed? Most Americans say HELL NO. However, what ends up happening is the state protects the polluting companies because they get kick backs and inject themselves into the economy where a lawsuit would just penalize them.

Bro, libertarians like myself are not pro-pollution. If anything, we get frustrated because polluters keep getting cover. And agencies like the EPA are weaponized against small farmers, small business competing against the big boys that can pay for kick backs, and prevent the local populace from just hammering a polluting company with a lawsuit. This happened to an area in a neighboring county where the chemical company was creating agent orange and dumped refuse which created massive health problems that continue to persist in the residence today.

Guess who is defending them from the plaintiffs? GOVERNMENT.

The EPA doesn't protect you or the environment. Consumers with power do.

Origanalist
03-07-2017, 10:27 AM
Ok, what? The US consumer has a environmentally conscious shopping pattern which also translate to shopping for homes. Not just that, we have property rights. Tell me, if you buy property, do you want to see it trashed? Most Americans say HELL NO. However, what ends up happening is the state protects the polluting companies because they get kick backs and inject themselves into the economy where a lawsuit would just penalize them.

Bro, libertarians like myself are not pro-pollution. If anything, we get frustrated because polluters keep getting cover. And agencies like the EPA are weaponized against small farmers, small business competing against the big boys that can pay for kick backs, and prevent the local populace from just hammering a polluting company with a lawsuit. This happened to an area in a neighboring county where the chemical company was creating agent orange and dumped refuse which created massive health problems that continue to persist in the residence today.

Guess who is defending them from the plaintiffs? GOVERNMENT.

The EPA doesn't protect you or the environment. Consumers with power do.

You completely danced around his point.

Athan
03-07-2017, 10:44 AM

Because his point was based on sarcasm that promotes a completely statist argument. (On RonPaulForums of all places) Which is a false argument either way since the government is doing more damage to the economy than it is protecting the environment.

One of the reasons people are provided less tools to combat environmental pollution, is government legislative branch collusion in the economy instead of simply courts bringing two parties to court for redress of grievance on damaging property rights which includes air and ground pollution. Kick backs and campaign contributions provide incentive for politicians to legislate on behalf of the larger offending companies against competitors and private property owners dealing with pollution from the polluters.

And this was the fundamental problem back then that he referenced as well which his sarcasm meant to highlight.

Do you two even understand libertarian arguments?

Athan
03-07-2017, 10:47 AM

By the way, your name Originalist, is it in reference to original monarchy or feudalism? Just curious.

Origanalist
03-07-2017, 10:51 AM
Because his point was based on sarcasm that promotes a completely statist argument. (On RonPaulForums of all places) Which is a false argument either way since the government is doing more damage to the economy than it is protecting the environment.

One of the reasons people are provided less tools to combat environmental pollution, is government legislative branch collusion in the economy instead of simply courts bringing two parties to court for redress of grievance on damaging property rights which includes air and ground pollution. Kick backs and campaign contributions provide incentive for politicians to legislate on behalf of the larger offending companies against competitors and private property owners dealing with pollution from the polluters.

And this was the fundamental problem back then that he referenced as well which his sarcasm meant to highlight.

Do you two even understand libertarian arguments?

Do you even understand what you post or do you have extreme short term memory loss? In the original post he was responding to you were blaming certain groups of people instead of government then went in a completely direction after he responded to it.

Madison320
03-07-2017, 10:59 AM
I hate it when environmental regulations get lumped in with most other regulations. Environmental regulations have a basis in libertarian logic, there's an initiation of force by the polluter. With most other regulations, the minimum wage for example, the government is the one initiating force.

That being said I'm all for eliminating the EPA. Let the states handle it. It's obvious by what the EPA has grown into that is doesn't work at the federal level.

Athan
03-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Oh that? That was in reference to the obvious pollution found in countries like China and India. They have a culture and method of dealing with the government in which making the Ganges river a cesspool or not suing coal power companies for air pollution. Why do you think I was singling them out for no reason other than the most obvious of reasons that are renown worldwide?

TheCount
03-07-2017, 11:31 AM
Oh that? That was in reference to the obvious pollution found in countries like China and India. They have a culture and method of dealing with the government in which making the Ganges river a cesspool or not suing coal power companies for air pollution.So is it a people problem or a government problem?

Also, this has nothing to do with your original claim, which was that they are the source of environmental problems in the United States.

shakey1
03-07-2017, 12:40 PM
There Is Just One Sentence In The Bill To Terminate The EPA (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-06/there-just-one-sentence-bill-terminate-epa)

At least it's not overly wordy.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-07-2017, 12:40 PM
So is it a people problem or a government problem?

Also, this has nothing to do with your original claim, which was that they are the source of environmental problems in the United States.

So are you for the EPA or not? Liberals are always up in arms about any meddling with the EPA. Would I be correct to say that you are in their corner? Aren't you for the EPA?

Instead of just trying to pokes holes in arguments all the time, why not put forth your own views? Discussion is two parts. The first is discussing what you don't like about the other guy's points. The 2nd part is putting forward your points. Why not do this? This is, after all, a discussion forum.

I will look forward to a genuine and productive comment from you. Thanks.

surf
03-07-2017, 12:55 PM
market demands (efficiencies along with preferences) and affluence enhanced by free markets are what leads to "cleaner" environmental practices. not the epa

TheCount
03-07-2017, 12:56 PM
So are you for the EPA or not? Liberals are always up in arms about any meddling with the EPA. Would I be correct to say that you are in their corner? Aren't you for the EPA?

You can answer all of the leading questions that you have ever asked while quoting my posts with 'no.

Instead of just trying to pokes holes in arguments all the time, why not put forth your own views? Discussion is two parts. The first is discussing what you don't like about the other guy's points. The 2nd part is putting forward your points. Why not do this? This is, after all, a discussion forum.

I will look forward to a genuine and productive comment from you. Thanks.

I do.Ctrl-C Ctrl-V

Athan
03-07-2017, 01:06 PM
So is it a people problem or a government problem?

Culture effects the common mentality of a people on dealing with an issue like pollution and how it is managed. It makes it both a people and government problem. Because they culturally may view it as the government needs to take care of it and demand larger government actions and resources to combat it (if they even care), instead of "the government needs to get out of the way and let ME take care of it."

For instance, the American Revolutionary culture commonly valued self reliance and responsibility rather than having the government be responsible for their day to day affairs. There was very little of the American colonies like Boston that resembled the notoriously filthy slums of London.

With immigration becoming as warped as it has been recently with providing welfare to coax anyone into immigrating here, it causes a shift from integration into a liberty loving society, to one where the government and the people now act more like the governments and people where they fled from. You get less Marquis de Laffayette and Alexis de Tocqueville and more of those who don't care about being American as much as they care about getting hand outs very similar to how Syrian and African immigrants don't stop in places like Romania or Albania. They instead head off to where they can get welfare hand outs from the taxed population.

We don't really need a wall, we need to completely eliminate welfare. The wall is just a "simple solution" to address the fact that there are massive problems created by our welfare state. People are supposed to immigrate here not because they want a better life (which they get because of liberty and the wealth it creates) but they are supposed to immigrate here because they believe in our founding principles and liberty and are willing to die and fight for them and our liberty loving people.

Culture effects far more than you probably imagine. But before we get complicated, lets break it down per item you mention.

Well it may have been written cumbersome that it may sounded like that, but in no way am I implying that THEY are are the source of environmental problems in the US. That's rather silly, but if it comes off that way, keep in mind I post when I can and sometimes as quickly as I can.

That said, lets take a clearer view on how culture effects GENERAL immigrant behavior into a nation. Let's use something you may be able to understand quicker such as a non-environmental issue. You might be aware that culture effects issues like vastly different views on homophobia on two cultures.

Let's use an Islamic immigrant. We don't know much about the immigrant, he in fact may be homosexual even. However, it is known that culturally since being raised in a nation that is Islamic he will have been exposed and become accustomed to sharia law that states the usual treatment is to throw a homosexual off the tallest building. If many Islamic immigrants are encouraged to settle in America and encouraged to continue all their cultural norms, then eventually it stands to reason that while homosexuality may be vogue now, in the long term they are going to be flying off rooftops here as well.

Because liberals are generally wrong about immigration as much as neocons. America is already designed a specific way, and it had a liberty loving culture that at one time was ideal in defense of it. THAT was what really will provide protection from systemic abuses by the government in democide, wrongful imprisonment, oppression, religious organizations, and etc.

Americans need to get back their liberty loving culture. It isn't a backwards ideology. It is critical to protecting the rights of people and provides a viable template for the world to show how things can work.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-07-2017, 01:11 PM
Ctrl-C Ctrl-V

Okay, but I just asked you a question. Thought you were here to discuss things.