PDA

View Full Version : Trump Speech To Congress 2/28/17

anaconda
02-28-2017, 11:04 PM
Seems like he's reading text during the speech. Seems different in this regard. Bad teleprompter reading. Example at 34:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o_WDqG2x_4

pao
02-28-2017, 11:08 PM
All I heard was the sound of the Feds printing press.

afwjam
02-28-2017, 11:10 PM
Glorifying war using the recently deceased for political purposes was shameful.

anaconda
02-28-2017, 11:16 PM
At 36:26 Trump takes an interesting approach. He explains that his election was a rebellion of "families of all colors and creeds that just wanted a fair shot for their children and a fair hearing for their concerns." Essentially saying directly to Democrats that "Uhmmm, hello! YOUR base voted for ME for the reasons they're supposed to vote for you. So will y'all pull your heads out and not be stupid?" But in a nicer more tactful way. Kinda' rubbing their noses in it nonetheless.

CPUd
02-28-2017, 11:17 PM
The Ron Paul annotated version:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?508126-Ron-Paul-s-been-on-a-Twitter-roll-tonight!

anaconda
02-28-2017, 11:23 PM
I finally spotted Rand at 39:21.

I believe that Peter Schiff would take issue with Trump's economic outlook at 37:45

Apparently the numerous Democrat ladies wearing white were doing so as a protest that underscored the Women's Suffrage Movement.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democratic-women-wearing-white-to-trump-congressional-speech/article/2616041

http://cdn.history.com/sites/2/2016/10/GettyImages-3087732-E.jpeg

anaconda
02-28-2017, 11:38 PM
39:23 look at the ears!

anaconda
02-28-2017, 11:40 PM
39:59 Kamala Harris surrounded by military. LOL

showpan
02-28-2017, 11:41 PM
As I just finished reading through my twitter feed, I like to follow everyone to see the ignorance and lies from all sides...lol...It is so ironic how the Democrats are bashing Trump for abandoning the refugees fleeing the wars they promoted and at the same time, their feed is getting lit up by alt right trolls bashing them for starting the rest of the wars the GOP had been planning for years....lol....time for a smoke

anaconda
02-28-2017, 11:44 PM
40:05 sounds like the natives get restless when Trump says they have begun to drain the swamp.

CPUd
03-01-2017, 12:34 AM
As I just finished reading through my twitter feed, I like to follow everyone to see the ignorance and lies from all sides...lol...It is so ironic how the Democrats are bashing Trump for abandoning the refugees fleeing the wars they promoted and at the same time, their feed is getting lit up by alt right trolls bashing them for starting the rest of the wars the GOP had been planning for years....lol....time for a smoke

They need to stay the fuck off Ron Paul's twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/RonPaul/status/836773144497106944

Iowa
03-01-2017, 04:34 AM
Old men really cheering when Melania introduced. Probably beating their meat later.

silverhandorder
03-01-2017, 05:07 AM
Great speech.

CaptUSA
03-01-2017, 07:05 AM
Great speech.

Yep. If you like big government, you deserve to get it - good and hard!

All I heard was the sound of the Feds printing press.

That's what I heard, too. MOAR spending. Protectionist trade policies. MOAR military. And another Medicaid expansion!! Yay! With a GOP like this, who needs Democrats?!

EBounding
03-01-2017, 07:21 AM
I couldn't take all the cringe-inducing standing ovations. I watched until he mentioned Obamacare, hoping he would endorse Rand's plan or something, but it was still pretty general.

buck000
03-01-2017, 07:46 AM
I started watching right when the SEAL's widow was being displayed and applauded for her husband dying in an undeclared war in Yemen that killed at least one little girl.

One thing that always brings the Dem and Rep scumbags together is the sanctimonious, jingoistic exploitation of a dead soldier.

shakey1
03-01-2017, 08:20 AM
Grinding it out like so much pork sausage.

CaptUSA
03-01-2017, 08:49 AM
I couldn't take all the cringe-inducing standing ovations. I watched until he mentioned Obamacare, hoping he would endorse Rand's plan or something, but it was still pretty general.

No - it was much worse! He basically endorsed Ryan's plan! Expand Medicare and block-grant it to the states to ensure EVERYONE has coverage. Keep the 26 year-old adult provisions. Keep interfering in the markets by disallowing insurance companies from using pre-existing conditions when determining coverage. Two goods things are to increase competition across state lines and increasing access to HSA's, but the good doesn't outweigh the bad.

This will still lead to implosion and ultimately single-payer. (which, BTW, is what Trump has always advocated anyway)

showpan
03-01-2017, 08:56 AM
FOX is claiming that it was the greatest speech EVER before congress. (puke) no doubt the tweetster will be claiming it as a matter of fact now.

EBounding
03-01-2017, 09:59 AM
No - it was much worse! He basically endorsed Ryan's plan! Expand Medicare and block-grant it to the states to ensure EVERYONE has coverage. Keep the 26 year-old adult provisions. Keep interfering in the markets by disallowing insurance companies from using pre-existing conditions when determining coverage. Two goods things are to increase competition across state lines and increasing access to HSA's, but the good doesn't outweigh the bad.

This will still lead to implosion and ultimately single-payer. (which, BTW, is what Trump has always advocated anyway)

Wow I didn't realize that, not that I'm surprised. I didn't watch the whole thing.

jllundqu
03-01-2017, 10:55 AM
One Trillion $$ on Infrastructure?

Didn't we just finish that folly with the $800billion "Stimulus" and all those "shovel ready jobs"..... Oh I get it...

Trump will "do it better than Obama did" and HIS "shovel ready jobs" will be just A-OK.

TheCount
03-01-2017, 11:21 AM
One Trillion $$ on Infrastructure?

Didn't we just finish that folly with the $800billion "Stimulus" and all those "shovel ready jobs"..... Oh I get it...

Trump will "do it better than Obama did" and HIS "shovel ready jobs" will be just A-OK.$800 billion in Kenyan foreigner stimulus, infested with unAmerican culture and designed by people genetically unable to comprehend or accomplish Western success and liberty.

The new $1 trillion stimulus will be the opposite, overflowing with White Western culture, representing the rebirth of a nation providing a final solution for building a proud country imbued with cultural consciousness and ensuring a future for Our children.

jllundqu
03-01-2017, 11:37 AM
$800 billion in Kenyan foreigner stimulus, infested with unAmerican culture and designed by people genetically unable to comprehend or accomplish Western success and liberty.

The new $1 trillion stimulus will be the opposite, overflowing with White Western culture, representing the rebirth of a nation providing a final solution for building a proud country imbued with cultural consciousness and ensuring a future for Our children.

First coffee spitting moment of the morning.... thanks.

Outa rep

afwjam
03-01-2017, 12:00 PM
I tried to sympathize, I tried to form a coalition around things we agree on. After watching that speech I'm out, I can't do it, it makes me sick. Funny thing is I was watching up at my neighbors house(I don't have tv) and he is a hardcore Trump supporter and veteran. His son just enlisted and he thought the moment with the widow was so powerful. I just went silent, nothing I could say.

Who are we fighting? Where are we fighting? What are the objectives to win? How many innnocents must die along the way? What are the consequences of our actions? Will it end up being worth it?

what happens from all this? Nothing good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s_IUwwGq-A

anaconda
03-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Yep. If you like big government, you deserve to get it - good and hard!

That's what I heard, too. MOAR spending. Protectionist trade policies. MOAR military. And another Medicaid expansion!! Yay! With a GOP like this, who needs Democrats?!

I'm still not sure if Trump is playing possum. What he does and what he says may have substantive differences.

anaconda
03-01-2017, 01:20 PM
I couldn't take all the cringe-inducing standing ovations.

Yes, very inspiring to see our elected leaders bopping up and down like a bunch of trained seals. No offense to seals.

anaconda
03-01-2017, 01:25 PM
$800 billion in Kenyan foreigner stimulus, infested with unAmerican culture and designed by people genetically unable to comprehend or accomplish Western success and liberty.

When did the U.S. give $800 billion to Kenya? Whoa, I missed that one..

JK/SEA
03-01-2017, 02:17 PM
anyone in here have a 401k?...

afwjam
03-01-2017, 05:07 PM
We are so fucked. After 4-8 years of another train wreck presidency we will get some 4-8 years of a democrat like Bernie or warren.

:mad:

Sometimes I wish the ship would hurry up and sink so I can start swimming.

Brian4Liberty
03-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned that we now have a "right" to childcare and extra paid leave for a special category of worker...

A look at Trump’s $500 billion child care plan (https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2017/03/01/look-trump-billion-child-care-plan/XTt64hYtoVkeKkU7toUWdL/story.html)

agitator
03-02-2017, 12:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u1qyPT87XA