PDA

View Full Version : SF Straw Poll Lady Makes YouTube Video

fuzzybekool
12-10-2007, 05:42 AM
The infamous lady who cancelled the straw poll in San Francisco has made a YouTube video. It is a rambling piece of nonsense as she tries very hard to explain why she believes she did nothing wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OveS7hEzcY

Starks
12-10-2007, 05:46 AM
Wow. She was all over the place. Zero coherence.

Starks
12-10-2007, 05:50 AM
BTW, stealing expensive wine is bad.

kylejack
12-10-2007, 05:52 AM
She seems like a Woody Allen character. This Youtube video is Comedy Gold!

Starks
12-10-2007, 05:53 AM
I find it hilarious how she managed to segue from Ron Paul's fanatical supporters and straight into illegal immigration.

Starks
12-10-2007, 05:54 AM
To be fair though, swarming a private event is a bit underhanded, even if the intentions are pure.

literatim
12-10-2007, 05:57 AM
To be fair though, swarming a private event is a bit underhanded, even if the intentions are pure.

There was no storming a private event. They paid to vote in the straw poll.

Starks
12-10-2007, 05:58 AM
I wonder if her any claims of legal obligations to the hotel hold any water.

Petar
12-10-2007, 06:04 AM
haha, what a fruitloop...all in all, i think this is more/better publicity than just the straw poll that we were set to demolish...

Starks
12-10-2007, 06:09 AM
I can't even begin to understand what possessed her to create this red-faced rant/rebuttal.

kylejack
12-10-2007, 06:13 AM
I wonder if her any claims of legal obligations to the hotel hold any water.
That's certainly understandable, but she should have been counting heads as they came in. When she reached fire-code capacity as directed by the hotel, cut it off. To say it was a private event is crap. Looky what I found.

San Francisco Republican Alliance
Sparkling Winter Holiday Party for Republicans

Where: Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf, Columbus & Northpoint

When: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 6:45 PM

San Francisco Republican Alliance
Grassroots leadership development since 1999
Only think tank resource to upgrade Republiicans into 21st century
P.O. Box 31005, San Francisco, CA 94131
(415) 820-1430;

Reserve now for December 4, Tuesday
evening. Our holiday party breaks from routine
traditions. Republicans like you brave enough to
remain, vote or volunteer as Republicans deserve
admiration. Enjoy the company of other Republicans.
Or Bring your friends to make it your party. Only we treat guests like VIP, not audience props as elsewhere.

Sparkling Winter Holiday Party for Republicans!
San Francisco Republican AllianceŐs Common Sense Supper Club is hosting
the only 2007 party sparkling with warm, gracious hospitality where
getting-together, encouraging new friendships are priority with generous
buffet, convenient parking, music, and complimentary gifts for all guests.
For price of a bargain meal elsewhere; and unlike pretentious, aloof &
cliquish receptions at other political events, we treat guests like VIP.

Meet an influential current Republican State Senator and presidential
campaign strategists. Results from guests voting for favorite
presidential candidates in only local straw poll will be publicized.
Prizes for best holiday attires. Quality auction and raffle prizes
perfect for gifts. We even provide complimentary hotel parking.

When: December 4, Tuesday evening, 6:45 p.m.
Where: Holiday Inn FishermanŐs Wharf, Columbus & Northpoint
Remit checks by 12/30 - $28. each. Walk-ins with phone/email reservations
before 12/03 required: $33. each.

Chairperson and Host: Gail E. Neira, 415-820-1430; direct: 415-821-4452.
Remit mail to: S.F.R.A., P.O. Box 31005, S.F., CA 94131 Id. 753155437

Name(s):
contact ph/email:
No. attending: Payment amt.: Donation only:
http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:fmGGnIZuISYJ:www.contracostagop.com/events/+%22san+francisco+republican+alliance%22+%22Holida y+Inn%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us

This was publicly posted on the Contra Costa GOP website, so it seems to make clear that all are invited, and hey, bring all your friends!! Unless they support Ron Paul!

Google cache doesn't lie, mwahahaha

Danny Molina
12-10-2007, 06:25 AM
She called us thieves!

kylejack
12-10-2007, 06:26 AM
She called us thieves!

Yeah, that was amusing. I'd like to see some substantiation, and I wonder why someone didn't try to stop the evil Ron Paul supporter taking the wine.

Starks
12-10-2007, 06:27 AM
Somewhere, there is a drunk a RP supporter bragging about his expensive vintage wine heist.

Chester Copperpot
12-10-2007, 06:31 AM
I knew she was full of shit as soon as she said "Libertarians posing as Republicans"

Shes a liar and a bad reader to boot,

GoRon2008
12-10-2007, 06:38 AM
she sounds like daffy duck :D

Jared Callanan
12-10-2007, 06:47 AM
Her rebuttal is embarassing. The anti-semitic slurs toward her on the comments page are even more so.

kylejack
12-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Her rebuttal is embarassing. The anti-semitic slurs toward her on the comments page are even more so.
Sometimes its really painful to be in a movement with some of these people. I'm constantly re-assessing my support for Ron Paul. Thank God he's the best candidate I've ever come across, because if he was just mediocre I would have given up a long time ago.

OferNave
12-10-2007, 06:57 AM
I posted this:

"Wow, that was completely incoherent. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Also, you're still a crook, and thanks to the miracle of YouTube, now everyone will know it. For posterity.

PS-The straw poll footage was shaky. Thanks for giving us well-filmed close ups so we can always recognize you."

FormerDemocrat
12-10-2007, 07:00 AM
I was going to post the video.

It looks like she's reading from a pre-written speech.
Upon looking carefully, according to her glasses there's a paper reflection.

If maximum occupancy was the issue, why couldn't she just move to a bigger room?
We do at that my campus sometimes especially when I have to do projects.

RonPaulCult
12-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Wow what a nutter

I don't believe her for a second. She didn't want Ron Paul to win so she didn't allow the straw poll to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT32h4h6-Jg

Tedhunter
12-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Gail needs to get her story straight. Was it meant to be:

- a private event for her friends?
- a local straw poll?
- a private straw poll for her friends???

"Results from guests voting...in only local straw poll will be publicized."

If she intended to release the results to the press, wouldn't it behoove her to make the polling as unbiased and representative as possible, lest she be accused of trying to manipulate the outcome, and thus undermine her own credibility in the community?

Bottom line: she misrepresented the event, either on purpose (in order to sneakily support Fred Thompson), or unwittingly (because she's confused and silly). Liar or fool? Which is it?

maeqFREEDOMfree
12-10-2007, 07:21 AM
lol this lady sure is trying, you have to give her that...i guess

ladyliberty
12-10-2007, 07:23 AM
She should have renamed her group the Fred Thompson Meetup Group - and then we would have known it was a "private" group - calling it a Republican group makes one think it is open to ALL republicans. Apparently she is under the misguided belief that all right thinking Republicans are going to support Fred Thompson!

quickmike
12-10-2007, 07:29 AM
This lady is obviously an AIPAC wench.

Nothing against the Jewish people at all, but I cant stand lobbyists, not from any group.

steph3n
12-10-2007, 07:54 AM
people need to stop making assumptions and calling names about anyone, such antics don't get us votes. In fact watching and commenting on such videos doesn't get us votes.

GET FOCUSED

moonbat
12-10-2007, 08:30 AM
people need to stop making assumptions and calling names about anyone, such antics don't get us votes. In fact watching and commenting on such videos doesn't get us votes.

GET FOCUSED

Watching and the comments on such videos is what brought me to Ron Paul. :p

kylejack
12-10-2007, 08:32 AM

Alright, well keep your anti-semitism in check.

moonbat
12-10-2007, 08:39 AM

Ummm, where did that come from? I have never made any kind of anti-semitism comments.

Birdlady
12-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Everything she said the RP supporters did she could have said about any other candidate she didn't like.

Oh no this guy used my microphone system I paid for (I wonder how many other candidate supporters used that mic). Oh no people were eating food that they paid for (once again did the other candidate supporters pass on the food and wine?) Oh no the straw poll was such a success that we ran out of room! (We made thousands of dollar wtf! Darn you RP supporters you made me MONEY!) :rolleyes:

Give me a freaking break. This woman needs to start following her own straw poll rules in my opinion.

r3volution
12-10-2007, 08:52 AM
wtf does any of this have to do with illegal immigration ?
ill bet her 16 cats are just as mad .
BTW , nice head band ..

kylejack
12-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Ummm, where did that come from? I have never made any kind of anti-semitism comments.

This.

moonbat
12-10-2007, 09:05 AM
I responded to steph3n's comment not Jared Callanans. Stop trying to put words in my mouth. :rolleyes:

speciallyblend
12-10-2007, 09:16 AM
kylejack is watching you moonbat:) hehe ,hey kylejack comments get lost on youtube,so alot of times you think they are responding to someone elses comments,its a bitch,maybe you tube could follow ronpaulforums comments section so they are where there suppose to be;)

robert4rp08
12-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Couldn't watch past the second minute. She made no sense.

winston_blade
12-10-2007, 09:30 AM
That was the strangest thing I have ever seen. It was like watching a child speak.

reduen
12-10-2007, 09:49 AM
That's certainly understandable, but she should have been counting heads as they came in. When she reached fire-code capacity as directed by the hotel, cut it off. To say it was a private event is crap. Looky what I found.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:fmGGnIZuISYJ:www.contracostagop.com/events/+%22san+francisco+republican+alliance%22+%22Holida y+Inn%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us

This was publicly posted on the Contra Costa GOP website, so it seems to make clear that all are invited, and hey, bring all your friends!! Unless they support Ron Paul!

Google cache doesn't lie, mwahahaha

"Walk-ins with phone/email reservations
before 12/03 required: $33. each."

Is everyone else missing this qoute above or what? Could it be that the reason many of the Ron Paul supporters were not welcome is because they did not RSVP before hand?

Don't get me wrong, I am on Dr. Pauls side always but I read this and wondered if she might have a legitimate complaint after all.. (Have not watched the video yet.)

Edward
12-10-2007, 10:17 AM
That was the strangest thing I have ever seen.It was like watching a child speak.She is obviously frustrated. I am glad my mistakes have never been widely reported on YouTube and the local press.

SlapItHigh
12-10-2007, 10:23 AM
I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

I love you ;) . "Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it."

Straw Poll Lady - "Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine."

Edward
12-10-2007, 10:33 AM
"Walk-ins with phone/email reservations
before 12/03 required: $33. each."

Is everyone else missing this qoute above or what? Could it be that the reason many of the Ron Paul supporters were not welcome is because they did not RSVP before hand?

Don't get me wrong, I am on Dr. Pauls side always but I read this and wondered if she might have a legitimate complaint after all.. (Have not watched the video yet.)Sounds like there was some miscommunication, but it's difficult to tell who was at fault. The SF Meetup announcement says nothing about a reservation and adds that people could come late and pay only $5: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/36/calendar/6852586/

Got Liberty?
12-10-2007, 11:35 AM
That reminded me of Gilda Radner's Barbara WaWa character she used to do on Saturday Night Live. :o

XelR8r
12-10-2007, 11:49 AM

Really?

Maybe you should read the invitation.

Nobody "swarmed" anything. They paid their money and waited for over two hours.

Get your facts straight.
Why are you so quick to blame Dr. Paul supporters?

XelR8r
12-10-2007, 11:57 AM

What kind of crazy crap is that?
So now disagreeing with someone who may or may not be jewish is anti-semitic?

Nowhere did bat make any comment that could have been mistaken for a slur, are you related to Gail Neira or something?

kylejack
12-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Sounds like there was some miscommunication, but it's difficult to tell who was at fault. The SF Meetup announcement says nothing about a reservation and adds that people could come late and pay only $5: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/36/calendar/6852586/
She confirmed the $5 thing. Many people were charged that price, so apparently it was legit. Many Ron Paul supporters offered to pay the 33, but she still killed the poll.

OferNave
12-10-2007, 02:56 PM

In the interest of resolving this, I don't think the poster meant you personally made anti-semitic comments, but was complaining that anti-semitic comments were being posted in general by some RP supporters. It could have been made more clear. :)