PDA

View Full Version : Trump budget: No cuts to entitlements

undergroundrr
02-26-2017, 01:56 PM
"We are not touching those now. So don't expect to see that as part of this budget, OK?" - Mnuchin

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-economy-idUSKBN1650LL

afwjam
02-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Ok I get it. The deportation plan is another stimulus package for friends. Don't eliminate abused benefits that attract illegals, just spend more money. Kinda like Trumps approach to the drug war, the war around the Middle East and no doubt soon, Obamacare now more huge.

CPUd
02-26-2017, 04:58 PM
This is nothing like Bernie Sanders, this is what real conservatives do. This is RPOS.

undergroundrr
02-27-2017, 11:54 AM
$54B more for military. Reciprocal cuts... oh, somewhere. He says foreign aid. If he cuts all foreign aid, that would get him most of the way there. I'm sure Israel's $3.8B a year will be first on the chopping block.

Iowa
02-27-2017, 12:01 PM
I love that word entitlements and how it's so freely used.

CPUd
02-27-2017, 12:54 PM
We have no choice. We can't have people dying in the streets.

TheCount
02-27-2017, 03:21 PM
These must be the steroids.

brandon
02-27-2017, 03:28 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/27/trump-seeking-54b-increase-in-defense-spending-cuts-elsewhere.html

Trump moving more and more to the authoritarian right.

afwjam
02-27-2017, 04:06 PM
:mad:

Statist gonna State

afwjam
02-27-2017, 04:10 PM
So no cuts to entitlements, and a boost in military spending? Something has to give, and I think it's the Trump Cucksuckers credibility, the fight for Liberty continues without them.

afwjam
02-27-2017, 04:12 PM
Anyone?

dannno
02-27-2017, 04:33 PM
They should increase defense spending, but they should take it from offense spending.

donnay
02-27-2017, 04:47 PM
They should increase defense spending, but they should take it from offense spending.

They are, they are cutting spending throughout the government agencies, like EPA.

Trump budget plan boosts Pentagon, trims State Dept, EPA: officials
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-budget-idUSKBN16605M?il=0

CPUd
02-27-2017, 04:50 PM
We have no choice. We can't let people die in the streets and there are some really bad dudes out there. Therefore, conservative.

rpfocus
02-27-2017, 04:50 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6b/7e/bf/6b7ebfd6074ac79ea25519b3ed613802.jpg

https://mneditorblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/trump_chickenhawk.jpg

phill4paul
02-27-2017, 04:51 PM
They are, they are cutting spending throughout the government agencies, like EPA.

The amounts that Trump is proposing to add to the Pentagon budget and trim elsewhere are not yet publicly known.

I doubt he will come up with 54 billion but I suppose we shall see.

dannno
02-27-2017, 04:53 PM
Right, let's ignore all the planned cuts he is going to make and complain that he isn't throwing people on welfare out into the streets.

I guess we can also ignore that Military spending may actually go down, while defense spending may increase.

There are a lot of things you have to ignore when you complain about Trump all the time.

CPUd
02-27-2017, 04:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQUlr4Xc3s

dannno
02-27-2017, 04:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQUlr4Xc3s

Why don't you go tell that to all of Rand's constituency who will now actually have jobs?

No, no, I mean it. Go to eastern Kentucky and knock on their doors and tell them about how Trump is such an authoritarian for allowing them to produce energy.

In the mean time you can complain about a bunch of stupid bullshit that never would have changed under Hillary anyway.

phill4paul
02-27-2017, 05:01 PM
Right, let's ignore all the planned cuts he is going to make and complain that he isn't throwing people on welfare out into the streets.

I guess we can also ignore that Military spending may actually go down, while defense spending may increase.

There are a lot of things you have to ignore when you complain about Trump all the time.

I'll wait right here for the specifics regarding those cuts.....

CPUd
02-27-2017, 05:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YwDSwcz.jpg

CPUd
02-27-2017, 05:03 PM
Stef will explain it in his next video

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:06 PM

invisible
02-27-2017, 05:07 PM
So no cuts to entitlements, and a boost in military spending? Something has to give, and I think it's the Trump Cucksuckers credibility, the fight for Liberty continues without them.

Don't worry, surely the trumpettes will be along soon enough, to do one or more of the following:
A) Argue about the meaning of words like "cut", "spending", "military", "entitlement", "increase", and "budget"
B) Tell us that their authoritarian idol really didn't mean what he said
C) Tell us that this is a brilliant move in a game of 3-D chess that only trumpettes are capable of understanding
D) Tell us that it's ok because obomba did it first
E) Tell us that it's ok because it would have been horrible if clinton had done the very same thing
F) Tell us that this is what Liberty and Freedom really mean
G) Call CPUd names

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:09 PM
Stef will explain it in his next video

Did you buy your plane ticket yet?

Seriously, I think it would be a great experience for you to go to eastern Kentucky and explain to everybody there how much of an authoritarian Trump is.

phill4paul
02-27-2017, 05:13 PM

The amounts that Trump is proposing to add to the Pentagon budget and trim elsewhere are not yet publicly known.

Still, waiting.....

CPUd
02-27-2017, 05:14 PM

Seriously, I think it would be a great experience for you to go to eastern Kentucky and explain to everybody there how much of an authoritarian Trump is.

How many of them are members here?

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:17 PM
How many of them are members here?

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:19 PM
Still, waiting.....

I'm as skeptical as anybody that he will turn the tide and actually reduce total spending, or even baseline spending, but you won't catch me posting a bunch of establishment propaganda yellow journalism or rooting on those who do.

Ender
02-27-2017, 05:19 PM
Don't worry, surely the trumpettes will be along soon enough, to do one or more of the following:
A) Argue about the meaning of words like "cut", "spending", "military", "entitlement", "increase", and "budget"
C) Tell us that this is a brilliant move in a game of 3-D chess that only trumpettes are capable of understanding
E) Tell us that it's ok because it would have been horrible if clinton had done the very same thing
G) Call CPUd names

Well, that was Spot On. ;)

CPUd
02-27-2017, 05:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqq3R1VVxMo

phill4paul
02-27-2017, 05:21 PM

Kinda like when the Dems scream "none of the Federal dollars spent on Planned Parenthood goes to abortion." :rolleyes:

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:23 PM
Kinda like when the Dems scream "none of the Federal dollars spent on Planned Parenthood goes to abortion." :rolleyes:

Ron Paul always said we should have more defense spending, and less offense spending. If you think that is comparable to fungible expenditures of abortion providers, then you probably need to think the issue through a little more.

phill4paul
I'm as skeptical as anybody that he will turn the tide and actually reduce total spending, or even baseline spending, but you won't catch me posting a bunch of establishment propaganda yellow journalism or rooting on those who do.

No, but you sure will back Trump without having any concrete evidence of what cuts will be made, if any, to fund which increases.

invisible

How great of an experience has it been for you to live in CA, and tell everyone there how supposedly great trump is?
And before you ask, I live in a very red state, and the only people I run into who think trump is great is the occasional idiot who makes a racist argument in favor of building a bigger wall on our southern border - most people here see right through his RINO BS.

invisible
02-27-2017, 05:24 PM
No, but you sure will back Trump without having any concrete evidence of what cuts will be made, if any, to fund which increases.

Damn, I'm out of +rep, can someone please cover me?

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:24 PM

Trump has already made some positive strides, Rand has congratulated him on several of his actions as President. I don't expect him to be perfect, but so far his policies are miles ahead of Hillary like I predicted.

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:27 PM
How great of an experience has it been for you to live in CA, and tell everyone there how supposedly great trump is?
And before you ask, I live in a very red state, and the only people I run into who think trump is great is the occasional idiot who makes a racist argument in favor of building a bigger wall on our southern border - most people here see right through his RINO BS.

What state are you in? What % voted for Trump?

You sound like you watch too much fake TV news and don't get out enough.

I live in la-la leftist land, they are more retarded than any racist Trump supporter.

phill4paul
02-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Ron Paul always said we should have more defense spending, and less offense spending. If you think that is comparable to fungible expenditures of abortion providers, then you probably need to think the issue through a little more.

Bullshit. Ron Paul called for reductions in military spending. The offset came from not spending money on undeclared wars and bringing the troops home.

Ender
02-27-2017, 05:30 PM
Damn, I'm out of +rep, can someone please cover me?

DONE.

invisible
02-27-2017, 05:32 PM
What state are you in? What % voted for Trump?

You sound like you watch too much fake TV news and don't get out enough.

I live in la-la leftist land, they are more retarded than any racist Trump supporter.

Oklahoma
Enough to make it a landslide
I don't have a tv that is capable of receiving anything other than the output of my DVD player, and I get out plenty. This includes personally talking with my State Legislators.
You never answered the question, care to try again, without the personal attack?

undergroundrr
02-27-2017, 05:33 PM

I agree. $54B increase in defense spending, $54B decrease in Pentagon budget.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/55/a4/bd/55a4bd9b61c9deb9f4b43b60b479f69d.png

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:33 PM
Bullshit. Ron Paul called for reductions in military spending.

You need to LISTEN to WORDS more carefully.

I said increase DEFENSE spending, not military spending. Does our country spend ANY money on defense? Or is all the money spent on offense?

The offset came from not spending money on undeclared wars and bringing the troops home.

So Ron Paul is for decreasing military spending on offense (to $0), increasing spending on defense (from $0), and an overall decrease in military spending.

Edit: Ron Paul "I don't want to cut defense money...I'd probably have more bases here at home...to say we would have less money for defense, we would have more money"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?508055-No-cuts-to-entitlements-boost-in-military-spending-where-s-the-conservative&p=6424419&viewfull=1#post6424419

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:35 PM
Oklahoma
Enough to make it a landslide
I don't have a tv that is capable of receiving anything other than the output of my DVD player, and I get out plenty. This includes personally talking with my State Legislators.
You never answered the question, care to try again, without the personal attack?

Honestly I feel scared for my life because people like you watch too much god damn fake news TV or read too much fake news BS on the internet and they lied to you on a daily basis about Trump to make him out to be this horrible guy, most of which there is no evidence for.

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:39 PM
@phill4paul (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?10850-phill4paul)

Ron Paul

"I don't want to cut defense money...I'd probably have more bases here at home...to say we would have less money for defense, we would have more money"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOKAdFzioZc

invisible
02-27-2017, 05:40 PM
Honestly I feel scared for my life because people like you watch too much god damn fake news TV or read too much fake news BS on the internet and they lied to you on a daily basis about Trump to make him out to be this horrible guy, most of which there is no evidence for.

This is probably the most facepalm-worthy post you've ever made. I remember a time when you actually had principles, rather than empty accusations and 3rd grade insults.

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:42 PM
This is probably the most facepalm-worthy post you've ever made. I remember a time when you actually had principles, rather than empty accusations and 3rd grade insults.

LoL, dude, you are the one worshipping the mainstream media and regurgitating their bullshit, they are the enemy, Ron Paul has TOLD us this and you don't learn... you should be totally ashamed of yourself.

phill4paul
02-27-2017, 05:44 PM
You need to LISTEN to WORDS more carefully.

I said increase DEFENSE spending, not military spending. Does our country spend ANY money on defense? Or is all the money spent on offense?

So Ron Paul is for decreasing military spending on offense (to $0), increasing spending on defense (from $0), and an overall decrease in military spending.

NO. YOU. NEED. TO. LISTEN. TO. MY. WORDS. MORE. CAREFULLY.

You haven't listened to a damn thing Ron Paul said. Or simply forgot about it when you jumped aboard the Trump train. Ron believed in reducing both military expenditure AND welfare expenditure.

Plan to Restore America. Remember that. Go google it and come back and tell me what he advised regarding D.O.D. spending. Because you might finally get it if you understand your own last six words.

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:45 PM
NO. YOU. NEED. TO. LISTEN. TO. MY. WORDS. MORE. CAREFULLY.

You haven't listened to a damn thing Ron Paul said. Or simply forgot about it when you jumped aboard the Trump train. Ron believed in reducing both military expenditure AND welfare expenditure.

Plan to Restore America. Remember that. Go google it and come back and tell me what he advised regarding D.O.D. spending.

You might want to delete this post after you read the post I made above, it just makes you look silly.

rpfocus
02-27-2017, 05:45 PM
(Vid already posted)

Ender
02-27-2017, 05:47 PM
LoL, dude, you are the one worshipping the mainstream media and regurgitating their bull$#@!, they are the enemy, Ron Paul has TOLD us this and you don't learn... you should be totally ashamed of yourself.

dannno- stop, dude, please.

I don't trust news outlets and I don't trust him.

Trump invented the "fake news" to cover his ass.

Ender
02-27-2017, 05:49 PM
(Vid already posted)

AMEN.

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjYdn62tMmY

YES! This is the same video I just posted above. Ron Paul says we should increase defense spending, and reduce offense spending.

Hopefully Trump will do what Ron Paul suggested.. Not sure if he will, but we have a lot more hope with him than we did with Hillary.

Ender
02-27-2017, 05:51 PM
YES! This is the same video I just posted above. Ron Paul says we should increase defense spending, and reduce offense spending.

Hopefully Trump will do what Ron Paul suggested.. Not sure if he will, but we have a lot more hope with him than we did with Hillary.

WHICH MEANS WE'LL BE SPENDING LESS MONEY. DID YOU EVEN LISTEN TO HIS SPEECH?

phill4paul
02-27-2017, 05:53 PM
You might want to delete this post after you read the post I made above, it just makes you look silly.

No. It fucking backs up exactly what I was saying. I did edit just before your post so make sure you go back and read it.

So, tell me, is Trump calling for a decrease in over all military spending? If not then shut the fuck up already and go back to genuflecting at the alter to the orange one.

nikcers
02-27-2017, 05:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dq4xqIc.jpg

undergroundrr
02-27-2017, 05:57 PM

Oh stop literally shaking. Watch Steph for awhile. It'll calm you down

I honestly don't care whether trump is a horrible guy or not.

I'm concerned about him splooging about overseeing one of the biggest military build-ups in history. I'm concerned about his adversarial stance with Iran and China. I'm concerned that his military appointees are on the fast a track to put boots on the ground. I'm concerned that the US will have more (and bigger) enemies in 4 years, not fewer. I'm concerned that trump has said nothing about addressing the welfare state. I'm concerned that trump's economic protectionist stances mark him out as MORE of an economic interventionist than Hillary would have likely been. I'm concerned that he wants me to pay 20% more for imported goods. I'm concerned that this administration wants be the first to entangle the federal government with homeschooling.

All that's probably worth literally shaking about. But I can't, because it's all the same establishment crap we've always had, liberty leeching away. But I love you for those beautiful dreams in your head, dannno. Never let go of them.

dannno
02-27-2017, 05:58 PM
WHICH MEANS WE'LL BE SPENDING LESS MONEY. DID YOU EVEN LISTEN TO HIS SPEECH?

Yes, that is the hope.

You think Hillary would have given us a decrease in military spending? Trump is our only hope on that front, hate to break it to you.

dannno
02-27-2017, 06:02 PM
No. It fucking backs up exactly what I was saying. I did edit just before your post so make sure you go back and read it.

So, tell me, is Trump calling for a decrease in over all military spending? If not then shut the fuck up already and go back to genuflecting at the alter to the orange one.

Trump doesn't use that kind of language unfortunately so it's hard to say. I do hope military spending goes down as we begin to drop away from past conflicts, Trump said we needed to stop attacking other sovereign nations because every time we have done so in the last few decades it has been a mistake. Hillary supported and continues to support those past mistakes. I don't think ISIS will be a huge expenditure, we can probably get plenty of help from Russia and other countries to take care of that problem.

If I had to wager, I would say we will be spending significantly less on military under a Trump admin compared to a Hillary admin.

The reason I bring up Hillary is because if we get rid of Trump whoever replaces him will likely be exactly like Hillary.

phill4paul
02-27-2017, 06:03 PM
Yes, that is the hope.

You think Hillary would have given us a decrease in military spending? Trump is our only hope on that front, hate to break it to you.

At some point you need to let that shit go. It's his White House administration now, not Hillary's.

phill4paul
02-27-2017, 06:05 PM
Trump doesn't use that kind of language unfortunately so it's hard to say. I do hope military spending goes down as we begin to drop away from past conflicts, Trump said we needed to stop attacking other sovereign nations because every time we have done so in the last few decades it has been a mistake. I don't think ISIS will be a huge expenditure, we can probably get plenty of help from Russia and other countries to take care of that problem.

If I had to wager, I would say we will be spending significantly less on military under a Trump admin compared to a Hillary admin.

God almighty. Is this going to be your "go to" for the next 4 years? It's NOT Hillary's administration. It is Trumps.

phill4paul
02-27-2017, 06:08 PM
G) Call CPUd names

E) get's used a lot.

undergroundrr
02-27-2017, 06:10 PM
Good news guys. trump has cucked the establishment again by not spending enough on the military.

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/27/517553777/reality-check-trump-proposal-doesnt-cover-major-military-expansion

Mac Thornberry, R-Texas... issued a statement faulting the White House's "low budget number."

"We cannot make repairing and rebuilding our military conditional on fixing our budget problems or on cutting other spending," he said. "We owe it to the men and women who serve and to the American people to protect our nation's security under all circumstances."

Thornberry's counterpart in the Senate, Arizona Republican John McCain, complained that Trump's proposal is "a mere 3 percent above President Obama's defense budget, which has left our military underfunded, undersized and unready."

dannno
02-27-2017, 06:10 PM
God almighty. Is this going to be your "go to" for the next 4 years? It's NOT Hillary's administration. It is Trumps.

The reason I bring up Hillary is because if we get rid of Trump whoever replaces him will likely be exactly like Hillary...

phill4paul
02-27-2017, 06:33 PM

And who's brilliant fucking idea was it to take on Pence as his V.P.? Sure wasn't Hillary's.

dannno
02-27-2017, 06:35 PM
And who's brilliant fucking idea was it to take on Pence as his V.P.? Sure wasn't Hillary's.

I think it was Trump's idea to help take off some of the establishment right #nevertrumper load so he could get elected instead of Hillary. It did work, he got elected. Now he just has to make sure and stay elected.

phill4paul
02-27-2017, 06:38 PM
I think it was Trump's idea to help take off some of the establishment right #nevertrumper load so he could get elected instead of Hillary. It did work, he got elected. Now he just has to make sure and stay elected.

Ah, the ole 3-D chess argument.

G) Call CPUd names

dannno
02-27-2017, 06:51 PM
Ah, the ole 3-D chess argument.

Did he get elected?

I'm not sure if you are aware, but the whole making fun of 36D chess argument lost a lot of steam after he got himself elected when almost everybody was saying he wouldn't be.

CPUd
02-27-2017, 06:54 PM
Did he get elected?

I'm not sure if you are aware, but the whole making fun of 36D chess argument lost a lot of steam after he got himself elected when almost everybody was saying he wouldn't be.

Actually it picked up steam after he got elected and started putting neocons and establishment RINOs on the transition team.

dannno
02-27-2017, 06:58 PM
Actually it picked up steam after he got elected and started putting neocons and establishment RINOs on the transition team.

And now RINOs are complaining that Trump isn't going to spend enough on military. (check)

Ender
02-27-2017, 07:18 PM
Oh stop literally shaking. Watch Steph for awhile. It'll calm you down

I honestly don't care whether trump is a horrible guy or not.

I'm concerned about him splooging about overseeing one of the biggest military build-ups in history. I'm concerned about his adversarial stance with Iran and China. I'm concerned that his military appointees are on the fast a track to put boots on the ground. I'm concerned that the US will have more (and bigger) enemies in 4 years, not fewer. I'm concerned that trump has said nothing about addressing the welfare state. I'm concerned that trump's economic protectionist stances mark him out as MORE of an economic interventionist than Hillary would have likely been. I'm concerned that he wants me to pay 20% more for imported goods. I'm concerned that this administration wants be the first to entangle the federal government with homeschooling.

All that's probably worth literally shaking about. But I can't, because it's all the same establishment crap we've always had, liberty leeching away. But I love you for those beautiful dreams in your head, dannno. Never let go of them.

Exactamundo.

devil21
02-27-2017, 07:18 PM
CNBC reported $54B in cuts and $54B in military increases today so no net spending change. Who knows. Getting pretty close to just hunkering down in expectation of SHTF soon. Feels like there's a lot of bullshit being floated by both Trump admin and the media without any substance, just to kill time and fill airtime.

Ender
02-27-2017, 07:22 PM
E) get's used a lot.

And G). ;)

PatriotOne
02-27-2017, 07:40 PM
"We are not touching those now. So don't expect to see that as part of this budget, OK?" - Mnuchin

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-economy-idUSKBN1650LL

Ugh...totally misrepresented. You can listen to Mulvaney's words during the press briefing. It's amazing how much more I am informed by cutting out the lying middlemen by listening to the briefings myself.

He's 30 secs in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4pKUeiQf6k

dannno
02-27-2017, 07:44 PM
So he takes same position as Ron Paul?

juleswin
02-27-2017, 07:57 PM
CNBC reported $54B in cuts and $54B in military increases today so no net spending change. Who knows. Getting pretty close to just hunkering down in expectation of SHTF soon. Feels like there's a lot of bull$#@! being floated by both Trump admin and the media without any substance, just to kill time and fill airtime.

If true, that means that he froze the defense spending which would be the most fiscally conservative defense budget in the last 50 yrs. I would still wait for the final numbers to come out. At the moment, this is just talk. Good money says that the proposed cuts fall way short of goal and the proposed increases over shoot its target by a mile. That is sadly the way things work in Washington.

Trump is now trying to remove the mini budget reductions(from proposed increase) brought on by the sequester. Anyone who thinks he is serious about cutting the defense/military budget is delusional.

phill4paul
02-27-2017, 08:01 PM
So he takes same position as Ron Paul?

He's going to cut $1 Trillion his first year by eliminating the Departments of Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce, Interior and Education? He's going to abolish the TSA and restore spending levels to 2006 levels? Can't wait.

invisible
02-27-2017, 08:11 PM
He's going to cut $1 Trillion his first year by eliminating the Departments of Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce, Interior and Education? He's going to abolish the TSA and restore spending levels to 2006 levels? Can't wait.

Damn, I'm still out of +rep. You're on a roll today.

dannno
02-27-2017, 09:45 PM

He did say today he is going to cut overall spending, he said we are going to do more with less. That is a lot more than I can say for Hillary OR any potential replacements of Trump.

Root
02-27-2017, 09:56 PM
Help!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phill4paul again.

Feeding the Abscess
02-27-2017, 11:37 PM
The likelihood of Congress passing spending bills that strip various departments of $50 billion is far lower than the probability of increasing DoD spending by $50 billion.

afwjam
02-28-2017, 01:19 PM
Trump!

jmdrake
03-01-2017, 04:55 PM

Did you buy a clue yet?

TheCount
03-01-2017, 05:51 PM
The likelihood of Congress passing spending bills that strip various departments of $50 billion is far lower than the probability of increasing DoD spending by $50 billion.That's how compromise works. They compromise on the cutting after agreeing to the spending.

Zippyjuan
03-01-2017, 07:20 PM

There isn't $1 trillion to cut from the departments. Total discerssionary spending (leaves out Social Security, Medicare/ Medicaid, interest on the debt but includes defense spending) is $1.08 trillion for FY 2017. Skip defense and you have less than $500 billion to cut- if you drop everything else down to zero. http://federal-budget.insidegov.com/l/120/2017-Estimate

phill4paul
03-01-2017, 08:21 PM
There isn't $1 trillion to cut from the departments. Total discerssionary spending (leaves out Social Security, Medicare/ Medicaid, interest on the debt but includes defense spending) is $1.08 trillion for FY 2017. Skip defense and you have less than $500 billion to cut- if you drop everything else down to zero. http://federal-budget.insidegov.com/l/120/2017-Estimate

Tell that to Ron Paul. It was a point in his Plan to Restore America. Remember that?

brandon
03-01-2017, 08:57 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/27/trump-seeking-54b-increase-in-defense-spending-cuts-elsewhere.html

Why did my thread about defense spending get moved into a thread about entitlement cuts?

Dr.No.
03-02-2017, 01:55 AM
Tell that to Ron Paul. It was a point in his Plan to Restore America. Remember that?

Yes, a plan which had a mathematical error where he double-counted some 200+ billion in savings. Hence, he really only cut 700+ odd billion. Plus some of the fuzziest math ever on his tax revenues.

Not to mention he claimed that his plan would add a trillion/year to private financial savings...a mathematical impossibility.

LibertyEagle
03-02-2017, 04:08 AM

Is it going to be your modus operandi to bitch and moan before anything has even happened? Are you guys trying to beat the rush or just a member of a cult?

phill4paul
03-02-2017, 06:17 AM
Is it going to be your modus operandi to bitch and moan before anything has even happened? Are you guys trying to beat the rush or just a member of a cult?

Well, we certainly know you'll defend him regardless.

CaptUSA
03-02-2017, 07:00 AM

Hilarious! LE... Accusing someone else of being a cult member!

http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/1dbf0ca3-a5c2-4e57-8f5e-6d43a53ec324/689cd5c4-dbc1-42c5-8af9-e67cd886f242.gif

Zippyjuan
03-02-2017, 09:42 PM

His plan has problems with the numbers too. Part of his plan involved projecting that tax revenues rose by 25% during his five years.

His listed "discretionary spending" numbers:

2013: $1.084 trillion
2014: $1.088 trillion
2015: $1.092 trillion
2016: $1.099 trililion

"Mandatory spending":

2013: $1.522 trillion
2014: $1.592 trillion
2015: $1.652 trillion
2016: $1.761 trillion

Revenue (tax collection) was projected to go from $2.4 trillion to $3.1 trillion.

His first year budget: $2.476 trillion vs the President's budget of $3.003 trillion- a reduction of about $500 billion, not $1 trillion. Some of his first year savings come from selling US government assets.

Link: http://c3244172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/RestoreAmericaPlan.pdf

phill4paul
03-02-2017, 09:53 PM
His plan has problems with the numbers too. Part of his plan involved projecting that tax revenues rose by 25% during his five years.

His listed "discretionary spending" numbers:

2013: $1.084 trillion
2014: $1.088 trillion
2015: $1.092 trillion
2016: $1.099 trililion

"Mandatory spending":

2013: $1.522 trillion
2014: $1.592 trillion
2015: $1.652 trillion
2016: $1.761 trillion

Revenue (tax collection) was projected to go from $2.4 trillion to $3.1 trillion.

His first year budget: $2.476 trillion vs the President's budget of $3.003 trillion- a reduction of about $500 billion, not $1 trillion. Some of his first year savings come from selling US government assets.

Link: http://c3244172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/RestoreAmericaPlan.pdf

Fuggit. You win. He would have only cut $500 billion. I can't believe I ever supported this guy. :rolleyes:

Zippyjuan
03-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Don't get me wrong- it was a step in the right direction. Only his son has proposed anything close to it. Other Republicans only pay lip service to the idea of a balanced budget. They call for a balanced budget amendment but can't vote to cut anything and won't raise taxes either (you won't balance the budget without some higher taxes- I know that is not a popular idea here).

afwjam
03-05-2017, 02:35 PM
Trump!

MallsRGood
03-05-2017, 03:38 PM
$54B more for military. Reciprocal cuts... oh, somewhere.

Waste, Fraud & Abuse™, of course!

Moving implies that he started in a different location.

I'm as skeptical as anybody that he will turn the tide and actually reduce total spending...

I kindly doubt it.

Trump said we needed to stop attacking other sovereign nations because every time we have done so in the last few decades it has been a mistake.

Good thing he supported all those mistakes and just escalated our involvement in Yemen and Syria!

YES! This is the same video I just posted above. Ron Paul says we should increase defense spending, and reduce offense spending. Hopefully Trump will do what Ron Paul suggested..

http://replygif.net/i/1126.gif

TheCount
04-15-2019, 06:07 PM
Right, let's ignore all the planned cuts he is going to make

Still, waiting.....

Two years later and still waiting.