PDA

View Full Version : Who will back out next? and when?

theswedishchef
12-10-2007, 03:49 AM
It feels a bit like some of the REAL 'no chance' candidates are steeling thunder and media time from the good DR.

I am talking ofcoure of candidates like McCain, Hunter, Tancredo and thompson (some would also include ghouliani, romney and Huckabee :rolleyes:).

when do you think these four people will back out of the race?
Will they leave at Q4 ending when they see they havent raised a nicle or will
they wait atleast to feb 5 ?

LibertyEagle
12-10-2007, 03:50 AM
Tancredo and Hunter will back out, at least after Super Tuesday, if not before. Frankly, I think they will drop out after New Hampshire.

wisconsinite
12-10-2007, 03:52 AM
I think maybe everyone except for Hunter and Tancredo will stay in it until Feb. 5.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-10-2007, 04:01 AM
Will Huckabee ever run out of money?

JenHarris
12-10-2007, 05:01 AM
Will Huckabee ever run out of money?

He's getting loads of cash right now, at least in relation to his previous quarters.

Goldwater Conservative
12-10-2007, 05:48 AM
McCain will drop out after Paul schools him in both Iowa and New Hampshire, and Thompson for the same reason plus being unable to take South Carolina. Tancredo and Hunter might linger for a while because they're retiring from Congress anyway. Romney will drop out before Super Tuesday only if he hasn't won a single primary. Giuliani won't even be in the game until Super Tuesday, which is also when Huck has to prove himself as more than just someone who can win in nearby Iowa and divided South Carolina. The only candidates left after Super Tuesday will be Paul and whoever the neo-cons have rallied around by then.

OferNave
12-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Let's hope none of them drop out. We want the vote as split as possible.

philistineau
12-10-2007, 07:08 AM
We also need Romney and Guiliani focussed on cutting Huckabee down to size.

The good news is that with the hugely biased MSM polls, I think they don't really believe in the Ron Paul Revolution - so we are left to ourselves. This gives us a chance to get our positive message out.

Lucid American
12-10-2007, 07:14 AM
I have to wonder if Tancredo and Hunter aren't staying in simply to muddy the water and reduce Paul's visibility.

dircha
12-10-2007, 07:55 AM
The only thing that can force someone to effectively "drop out" is not being able to get their name on the ballot in a state. Tancredo and Hunter can keep going for some time yet in select states if they choose to.

Bradley in DC
12-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Tancredo's out after he can cash in his matching funds to start a new group (late January?).

Hunter is in until the California primary in order to help his son keep his seat.

McCain is in through SC; it's personal from what the Bush people did to him there eight years ago.

angrydragon
12-10-2007, 12:40 PM
If McCain drops, I think his supporters are going to Ron Paul because he's a veteran too.

tonyr1988
12-10-2007, 12:53 PM
If McCain drops, I think his supporters are going to Ron Paul because he's a veteran too.

I would agree with you, except that McCain's entire campaign hinges upon staying the course in Iraq. Just look at his bus.