PDA

View Full Version : Are you willing to fight alongside Ron Paul for America?

Wingman
12-10-2007, 01:55 AM
Here is my question. Say Ron Paul becomes President of the USA. Say he implements his policies: move towards gold stndard, reduction IRS, reduction CIA, reduction bog government. Say these BAD THINGS happen :-

1) Tough recession (lower govt spending leads to shrinkage in economy)
2) Rising income ineuality - entrpreneurs become richer
3) USA exits UN, world order imbalance and uncertainty ( bit more isolationist US)
etc etc

ARE YOU WILLING TO ENDURE AND FIGHT ALONGSIDE RON PAUL THROUGH THE HARD TIMES??

I say I am because: Ron Paul will give us back the only incentive structure which will allow our community to fight hard for its future. Yes, some of us, many of us will fall, it will be tough, but those who will survive will build a new future for America and by their success, they will pull the rest of us through.

I think thats why its worthwhile to go through any tough times.

and a sittring video (the jaywaling arrest one) :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmPi2GbbUes

Antonius Stone
12-10-2007, 01:58 AM
nobody will fall because everyone will be each other's crutches

JoshLowry
12-10-2007, 02:00 AM
You bet.

Congressional seats are next.

user
12-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Non sequitur

Antonius Stone
12-10-2007, 02:05 AM
You bet.

Congressional seats are next.

we need to start hammering at congressional seats NOW

find people in your local meetups that are honorable and that want to run for office. we'll prop them up on a pedestal

derdy
12-10-2007, 02:20 AM
Here is my question. Say Ron Paul becomes President of the USA. Say he implements his policies: move towards gold stndard, reduction IRS, reduction CIA, reduction bog government. Say these BAD THINGS happen :-

1) Tough recession (lower govt spending leads to shrinkage in economy)
2) Rising income ineuality - entrpreneurs become richer
3) USA exits UN, world order imbalance and uncertainty ( bit more isolationist US)
etc etc

ARE YOU WILLING TO ENDURE AND FIGHT ALONGSIDE RON PAUL THROUGH THE HARD TIMES??

I say I am because: Ron Paul will give us back the only incentive structure which will allow our community to fight hard for its future. Yes, some of us, many of us will fall, it will be tough, but those who will survive will build a new future for America and by their success, they will pull the rest of us through.

I think thats why its worthwhile to go through any tough times.

and a sittring video (the jaywaling arrest one) :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmPi2GbbUes

Well, a recession can hardly be blamed on Ron Paul after he takes office. We're already in recession and gov't spending is only possible by government borrowing hence the $9.1 Trillion national debt.

Disparity of income in America is already the greatest of all industrialized nations.

Let's say other bad things happen: Yes, I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with my fellow patriots for the principles of liberty. :D

Man from La Mancha
12-10-2007, 02:27 AM
Non sequiturYes Nomad, but it will not compute soon.
Yes to a little suffering now.

An example of these type of changes

In 1984, New Zealand's Labor government ended all farm subsidies, which then consisted of 30 separate production payments and export incentives -- a striking action given that New Zealand was five times more dependent on farming than the U.S. economy.

A report last year from the country's main farmers' group, the Federated Farmers of New Zealand, documents what happened:

While land prices initially fell after reform, by 1994 they had rebounded and remain high today.
The predicted farm bankruptcies never materialized -- with just 1 percent of farmers going out of business.
The value of farm output soared 40 percent in constant dollar terms since the mid-1980s and agriculture's share of national output rose from 14 percent to 17 percent today.
Since subsidies were removed, productivity in the sector has risen 6 percent annually -- compared with just 1 percent before reform.
New Zealand's farmers have competed successfully in world markets against subsidized producers in much of the rest of the world.

Agricultural subsidies account for just 1 percent of farm production in New Zealand and consist mainly of scientific research funding. That compares to 22 percent of the value of farm production here.

The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development confirms that New Zealand has the least subsidized farm sector among the industrialized nations -- and concludes that its reforms "resulted in a dramatic reduction in 'market distortions.'"

Source: Chris Edwards and Tad DeHaven (both of the Cato Institute), "Save the Farms -- End the Subsidies," Washington Post, March 3, 2002.