PDA

View Full Version : Police officers "in the business of scaring people."

JoshLowry
12-10-2007, 01:24 AM
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/2818211.html?page=1

:mad:

derdy
12-10-2007, 01:59 AM
This is exactly why 9/11 needs to be independently investigated.

Once people see, at the very least, it was allowed to happen the SS won't have an excuse to scare the crap out of the general populace. This article is disgusting.

derdy
12-10-2007, 02:02 AM
Furthermore, if they are so concerned about terrorism, how about sending these goons to secure our southern border? Oh yeah, if we did that then the threat of terrorism would be null and thus they wouldn't have money for all their heavy artillery and their Orwellian police state survelliance equipment.

DarkLaw
12-10-2007, 02:16 AM
As a police officer myself - I am very 'on the fence' about this.
I think their intentions are very flawed. I think it is poor execution
and if they are simply there to 'scare' the public - I do not agree with it.

I was once a 'company yes man' for the Dept. - but ever since I first heard ROn Paul's message,
it has given me the courage to stop and say, "this isn't right..." or point out the
flaws within the 'system' FROM WITHIN. I've taken a LOT of heat recently over it,
but I think I if I can change a few small things from within, I've done something good.

The Police need to get back to COMMUNITY POLICING and PROTECTING!
Get back to patrolling neighborhoods, getting to know residents, SOLVING
problems, etc.

Now, I am ALL FOR a heavily armed police dept., don't get me wrong.
I've been on the business end of a gun MORE than a few times. The police
need to be more heavily armed than "MOST" of the public - at least IN public
to deter those who WOULD harm others or commit crimes.

I know this is a sticky conversation that many take to heart and so I try and tread lightly,
but I am AGAINST an all empowering, controlling police state. Hell, we are STILL under
martial law down here in New Orleans!

The MILITARY is on routine domestic law enforcement patrol, side by side of commissioned peace officers, sometimes riding in patrol cars. That by itself is the very definition of MARTIAL LAW.

Ugh.
If we FOLLOWED the Constitution, we would avoid a LOT of problems such as this.

derdy
12-10-2007, 02:35 AM
As a police officer myself - I am very 'on the fence' about this.
I think their intentions are very flawed. I think it is poor execution
and if they are simply there to 'scare' the public - I do not agree with it.

I was once a 'company yes man' for the Dept. - but ever since I first heard ROn Paul's message,
it has given me the courage to stop and say, "this isn't right..." or point out the
flaws within the 'system' FROM WITHIN. I've taken a LOT of heat recently over it,
but I think I if I can change a few small things from within, I've done something good.

The Police need to get back to COMMUNITY POLICING and PROTECTING!
Get back to patrolling neighborhoods, getting to know residents, SOLVING
problems, etc.

I know this is a sticky conversation that many take to heart and so I try and tread lightly,
but I am AGAINST an all empowering, controlling police state. Hell, we are STILL under
martial law down here in New Orleans!

The MILITARY is on routine domestic law enforcement patrol, side by side of commissioned peace officers, sometimes riding in patrol cars. That by itself is the very definition of MARTIAL LAW.

Ugh.
If we FOLLOWED the Constitution, we would avoid a LOT of problems such as this.

Isn't Black Water still down there? That's just really crazy to me to have a mercenary army heavily armed with no real connection to the community they're supposed to be 'protecting.'

Dave Pedersen
12-10-2007, 02:36 AM
Yes the solution is twofold. We the people must restore the constitution and we the people must understand who the enemy really is. That is why 9/11 truth is so important to our understanding of what the threat is and how it works. They go hand in hand.

No nation can gain the victory over an enemy who remains unidentified and is therefore able to continue to operate with impunity. The enemy are organized against us just as surely as any enemy we have ever faced. Failing to identify them in order to avoid ridicule gives them their strongest weapon. Do not be afraid of ridicule. No question honestly asked is something to be ashamed of.

I ask a simple question: Why was there tremendous heat lingering underneath wtc buildings 1 2 and 7 weeks after 9/11? Heat far more intense than burning airline fuel?

Do not be ashamed to ask honest questions. Remember those who ridicule you. They are either cowards or they are the enemy.

Corydoras
12-10-2007, 06:05 AM
ever since I first heard ROn Paul's message,
flaws within the 'system' FROM WITHIN. I've taken a LOT of heat recently over it

Blessings on you for understanding that what you are doing is what THE RULE OF LAW is REALLY about, and for doing the right thing despite all the flak you're getting.

DarkLaw
12-10-2007, 06:21 AM
Isn't Black Water still down there? That's just really crazy to me to have a mercenary army heavily armed with no real connection to the community they're supposed to be 'protecting.'

No, BlackWater was here only temporarily. While I am not a huge supporter of the massive private army scheme that Halliburton pursues, or that private firms should be engaging in ANYTHING that has to do with national security, I DO approve of a private company that wants to simply employ the best people, the most well trained employees, and have nice equipment.

I have friends who are with BlackWater.
Hell..I'd work for them - DOMESTICALLY - if I could or a similar firm.

A LOT of what was shown or expressed on TV was blown out of proportion when it came to Blackwater being down here during and after Hurricane Katrina.
All they did was provide security to private individuals, companies, and businesses.
They were not out patrolling the streets. The REAL police did that (along with the National Guard).

Simply the free market exercising it's powerful arms, tis all.

To put it simply - if you owned a company that provided a service that MANY other companies provide - you want to standout from the crowd, be the best, look the sharpest, and provide for the best possible 'product', right?

Blackwater does this to a 'T'. They have the best trained people. THe best equipment. And I don't think ANY business would ever be the victim of a crime with such extensive and bold security measures in place....eh?

Now - the foreign part I don't agree with 100%. If we have political figures or heads of State or the such in a dangerous zone - then that would be the military's responsibility...right? Something governmental at the very least - not private.

FreeTraveler
12-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Storm Troopers, in America. We better start learning to goosestep if Ron doesn't win, folks.

DarkLaw
12-10-2007, 06:34 AM
Blessings on you for understanding that what you are doing is what THE RULE OF LAW is REALLY about, and for doing the right thing despite all the flak you're getting.

I truly appreciate your words. I've always told myself that I was a patriot, a boy scout, a defender of the law. I love being a police officer. But until I really, really started following what Ron Paul was saying and mentioning, did I realize that I had fallen into the 'trap' that so many police do.

I come from a law enforcement family - and recently I've really thought about how cops in the 50's and 60's handled things. They got to know people, they were WELL respected people, and when something was wrong - they took care of it.
If you didn't call THEM, they didn't come bother YOU. Ya know?

And then I started thinking of the history of policing and Ron Paul's words fall RIGHT in line with it.

POLICE OFFICERS are your neighbors, they are your friends, your family, the person in the park, the person who has kids and problems, too.
When I started thinking about it like that - it reminds me of the way GOVERNMENT is supposed to run.
SENATORS are supposed to be your neighbors, too. THE PEOPLE. The butcher, the store owner, the doctor...they are 'the people' and Govt' representatives are SUPPOSED to be the same ones!

"POLICE OFFICERS" used to watch over towns and cities at night, making sure buildings didn't catch fire and that no predators were ont he prowl that could injure or kill livestock, or small kids even. They were the 'Night Watch'. But they were also your neighbor. They volunteered their life to protecting their community so that everyone ELSE could sleep peaceably in their beds at night without worry.

THAT is what a true police officer should be.
A night watchman. Only adjusted for the 21st Century.
We needn't scare people - we need to remind 'The People'
that WE are 'the people', too. We ARE your neighbors.

We simply chose to bear the responsibility of providing safety
and put our lives on the line for it.

Now - the whole 'weapons' arguments and people disliking
heavily armed police on the street need only be reminded
of the tragic North Hollywood Shootout in LA years ago.

No, we don't need this 'Hercules Team' running the streets clad in
level III entry vests, tactical loadouts, helmets, and prepared for
a massive armed conflict.
Should we have them AVAILABLE? *MOST DEFINITELY YES!* But they sure as hell don't need to drive around, bailing out of dark tinted SUVs trying to SCARE
THEIR NEIGHBORS!!!!!

Marshall
12-10-2007, 07:05 AM
http://www.theagitator.com/category/paramilitary-police-raids/

Enjoy

derdy
12-10-2007, 12:21 PM
No, BlackWater was here only temporarily. While I am not a huge supporter of the massive private army scheme that Halliburton pursues, or that private firms should be engaging in ANYTHING that has to do with national security, I DO approve of a private company that wants to simply employ the best people, the most well trained employees, and have nice equipment.

I have friends who are with BlackWater.
Hell..I'd work for them - DOMESTICALLY - if I could or a similar firm.

A LOT of what was shown or expressed on TV was blown out of proportion when it came to Blackwater being down here during and after Hurricane Katrina.
All they did was provide security to private individuals, companies, and businesses.
They were not out patrolling the streets. The REAL police did that (along with the National Guard).

Simply the free market exercising it's powerful arms, tis all.

To put it simply - if you owned a company that provided a service that MANY other companies provide - you want to standout from the crowd, be the best, look the sharpest, and provide for the best possible 'product', right?

Blackwater does this to a 'T'. They have the best trained people. THe best equipment. And I don't think ANY business would ever be the victim of a crime with such extensive and bold security measures in place....eh?

Now - the foreign part I don't agree with 100%. If we have political figures or heads of State or the such in a dangerous zone - then that would be the military's responsibility...right? Something governmental at the very least - not private.

I really don't consider Black Water as an example of the free market. It's business and government collusion. Erik Prince has ties to the very top of the Bush administration, so it's hardly the free market at work.

As far as bold and extensive security measures in place preventing crime. Maybe to some degree, but criminals are usually desperate and/or extremely stupid. There will always be crime.

rodent
12-10-2007, 12:26 PM

I'm not. I don't like hanging around the financial district with thuggish cops walking around with machine guns. If they make one mistake about my intentions, they'll shoot me. I don't trust them.

I had one of those blinking blue headsets for my cellphone and I was walking down the street and the guy literally looked like he was contemplating shooting me for being a terrorist. I hate living like this. I need to leave NYC, but I have no choice. It's where my economic livelihood is currently based and where I go to school.

derdy
12-10-2007, 12:34 PM
I really don't consider Black Water as an example of the free market. It's business and government collusion. Erik Prince has ties to the very top of the Bush administration, so it's hardly the free market at work.

As far as bold and extensive security measures in place preventing crime. Maybe to some degree, but criminals are usually desperate and/or extremely stupid. There will always be crime.

Also forgot to mention, since they get government contracts, we subsidize Blackwater.

pcosmar
12-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by DarkLaw View Post

I am NOT.
I am for Heavily Armed Citizens. If the police NEED help they should be required to request help from the Citizens.
This is a complex issue, and has gotten out of hand through many years of BAD LAW.
Ending the Drug War would be a start. That would cut crime by 90% overnight.
Cutting the Police Force would cut the budget of most communities.
Arm the people and you will have less need for the police. They can go back to the job of keeping the Peace.
We don't need to have an Enforcement Army.

DarkLaw
12-10-2007, 06:16 PM
I am NOT.
I am for Heavily Armed Citizens. If the police NEED help they should be required to request help from the Citizens.
This is a complex issue, and has gotten out of hand through many years of BAD LAW.
Ending the Drug War would be a start. That would cut crime by 90% overnight.
Cutting the Police Force would cut the budget of most communities.
Arm the people and you will have less need for the police. They can go back to the job of keeping the Peace.
We don't need to have an Enforcement Army.

I'll agree with you at about an 85% level. :D

No easy solutions. And I'm not for heavily armed officers WALKING the streets like in NYC. A patrol rifle in the trunk, maybe a shotgun up front and we're set!
No need to walk around looking like Rambo, as long as they are prepared in a worst case scenario and have access to those type of calibers.

hard@work
12-10-2007, 06:31 PM
.. to protect and serve ...