PDA

View Full Version : President: Fake news media (NYT, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN) is the enemy of the American People

enhanced_deficit
02-17-2017, 05:18 PM
While it is true that media neocons played a major role in pushing propaganda in support of Iraq war, Libya Benghazi, Syria bloodbaths etc and public has lost faith in fake news media.. but is the President right here?

Donald J. Trump Verified account ‏@realDonaldTrump

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

Retweets 14,497
Likes 42,734

1:48 PM - 17 Feb 2017
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/832708293516632065

And how would media neocons report this tweet since some of them had banned the term "fake news"?

enhanced_deficit
02-17-2017, 05:40 PM
Found one report, they removed the term "Fake News" from the headline LOL

Trump tweets: The media is the 'enemy of the American people'
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/320168-trump-the-media-is-the-enemy-of-the-american-people

Good to know that "Media" and "Fake News Media" are interchangeable terms.

Edited to add:

Term "Fake News" is not worthy of inclusion in any MSM headlines.

Trump Calls the News Media the 'Enemy of the American People'
New York Times-16 hours ago

The Latest: Trump calls media 'enemy of the American people'
Washington Post-19 hours ago

Donald Trump calls media 'enemy of the American people'
International-The Australian-13 hours ago

Trump calls the news media 'the enemy of the American People'
In-Depth-Chicago Tribune-17 hours ago

Donald Trump just called the media the 'enemy of the American ...
International-ABC Online-15 hours ago

Zippyjuan
02-17-2017, 06:24 PM
Only Trump is allowed to make fake news!

CPUd
02-17-2017, 06:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sOq5Ou9.png

http://maketrumptweetseightagain.com/

JK/SEA
02-17-2017, 06:46 PM

not really..

i'd say you, and c-pud have that market cornered.

CPUd
02-17-2017, 06:48 PM
not really..

i'd say you, and c-pud have that market cornered.

that's what they all say at first

liveandletlive
02-17-2017, 07:32 PM
Trump is just lashing out at people who don't kiss his ass.

CPUd
02-17-2017, 07:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KeX5OZr0A4

openfire
02-17-2017, 07:36 PM
The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

http://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg

KEEF
02-17-2017, 07:50 PM
He forgot to add FOX News

enhanced_deficit
02-17-2017, 07:52 PM
The President makes another huge blunder, he left out WaPo's name.

The Washington Post ran 27 editorials in favor of Iraq invasion. (http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/btw/transcript1.html)

PatriotOne
02-17-2017, 07:58 PM
Media don't work for the Repubs or the Democrats or the American people. They work for the GLOBALISTS who own them and use BOTH parties to push their agenda.

DamianTV
02-17-2017, 08:05 PM
Media don't work for the Repubs or the Democrats or the American people. They work for the GLOBALISTS who own them and use BOTH parties to push their agenda.

Two wings of the same bird. And it is a VERY big bird and shits all over your windshields constantly!

Dr.3D
02-17-2017, 08:26 PM
This video seems appropriate...

https://vimeo.com/24460639
https://vimeo.com/24460639

anaconda
02-17-2017, 11:44 PM
How did he skip over MSNBC, FOX, and the Washington (Com)Post?

anaconda
02-17-2017, 11:49 PM
Trump is just lashing out at people who don't kiss his ass.

Did the intelligence community "kiss Obama's ass?"

kpitcher
02-18-2017, 12:14 AM
He said NBCNews... he's probably fine with NBC as a whole since he'll get apprentice royalty checks.

jmdrake
02-18-2017, 06:58 AM

You don't like Trump. I don't like Trump. Everybody here knows that. But do you honestly disagree with the premise that the MSM is fake and is undermining our republic? Can any Ron Paul supporter deny that after what the media did to him and us in 2008 a 2012?

Chomp
02-18-2017, 09:02 AM
Listening to the Major US Media, is designed for simpletons who listen and walk as zombies. All these fairy tales from liberal media make me puke.

ghengis86
02-18-2017, 09:20 AM
You don't like Trump. I don't like Trump. Everybody here knows that. But do you honestly disagree with the premise that the MSM is fake and is undermining our republic? Can any Ron Paul supporter deny that after what the media did to him and us in 2008 a 2012?

^This

If the Ron Paul Revolution taught us anything, it was that the MSM is used as a force multiplier and propaganda mouthpiece for the money masters. Operation Mockingbird never stopped.

kfarnan
02-18-2017, 09:22 AM
Operation mockingbird.

Chomp
02-18-2017, 11:22 AM
http://www.kasparov.ru/content/materials/201506/5582CEF6987BA.jpg\

The real images of the naïve Americans who trust in the Major US Media. The noodles hanged on their ears which mean the Liberals dupe them as the last jerks.

Athan
02-18-2017, 11:44 AM

Ah, the shills forgot in THIS forum how the media actually lied, attacked, and even blacklisted all discussion of Ron Paul during his presidential campaign
AND WE HERE ALL KNOW THE MEDIA ARE LYING SACKS OF $H!T THAT ARE THERE TO ATTACK AND DISMANTLE REFORM CAMPAIGNS.

You @$$h0les are bad at your job.

Athan
02-18-2017, 11:44 AM
Yep. Can't forget Faux news.

CPUd
02-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Ah, the shills forgot in THIS forum how the media actually lied, attacked, and even blacklisted all discussion of Ron Paul during his presidential campaign
AND WE HERE ALL KNOW THE MEDIA ARE LYING SACKS OF $H!T THAT ARE THERE TO ATTACK AND DISMANTLE REFORM CAMPAIGNS.

You @$$h0les are bad at your job.

What "job" are you referring to? You are getting paid?

I agree there are certain fellow members who seem to have forgotten how the media treated Ron Paul, because they try to claim the media treated Trump the same way. But instead of ignoring him like they did Ron Paul, they elected him while getting record high ratings.

Athan
02-18-2017, 03:43 PM
What "job" are you referring to? You are getting paid?

And now your reading comprehension took a nose dive after you got busted shilling.

seapilot
02-18-2017, 05:06 PM
Globalist shill media is Public Enemy number one. Id say Trump is wrong on his assessment ,they are the enemy of the entire planet. Time to black them out.

seapilot
02-18-2017, 09:09 PM
Poor Don. Even guests know the truth. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcjZMInOXJQ

AngryCanadian
02-18-2017, 09:40 PM

Lets not forget it was CNN that destroyed and tried to destroy Ron Paul's image with that fake letter. Lets be honest i am loving how his destroying CNN here. CNN and MSM getting the taste of their own medicine.

juleswin
02-18-2017, 09:56 PM
Talk about the kettle calling pot black. 90% of the sh*t that comes out of his mouth is fake news and then you go to his favorite internet newsite infowhores and 99% of the sh*t is fake news too. My problem is not that the MSM he mentioned are not fake news but the fact that he has no credibility to point fingers when he and the media he likes(infowhores, fox news) are just as fake as the CNNs of this world.

jmdrake
02-18-2017, 10:21 PM
Talk about the kettle calling pot black. 90% of the sh*t that comes out of his mouth is fake news and then you go to his favorite internet newsite infowhores and 99% of the sh*t is fake news too. My problem is not that the MSM he mentioned are not fake news but the fact that he has no credibility to point fingers when he and the media he likes(infowhores, fox news) are just as fake as the CNNs of this world.

You left out the National Inquirer which is the rag Trump used to smear Ted Cruz.

juleswin
02-19-2017, 01:28 AM
You left out the National Inquirer which is the rag Trump used to smear Ted Cruz.

Yea, but most normal people already consider National Inquirer fake news that sometimes reports real news. I think most MSM and even some alt media like Breitbart and infowhores are fake news agencies that just like the National Inquirer report some real news. And if you the process of calling out fake news, you omit the fake news agencies because they support you, then you are no better than the people you are calling out.

AngryCanadian
02-19-2017, 01:44 AM
Yea, but most normal people already consider National Inquirer fake news that sometimes reports real news. I think most MSM and even some alt media like Breitbart and infowhores are fake news agencies that just like the National Inquirer report some real news. And if you the process of calling out fake news, you omit the fake news agencies because they support you, then you are no better than the people you are calling out.

So Breitbart is Fake News for reporting the migrant Crisis which MSM is avoiding to mention at all?

juleswin
02-19-2017, 01:53 AM
So Breitbart is Fake News for reporting the migrant Crisis which MSM is avoiding to mention at all?

I said that they are fake news agencies that sometimes reported real news, but since you mentioned the migrant crisis. Watch breitbart reporting fake with a capital letter F news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9qiCN7CcB8&t=2s

Watch first 2 minutes.

AngryCanadian
02-19-2017, 01:55 AM
I said that they are fake news agencies that sometimes reported real news, but since you mentioned the migrant crisis. Watch breitbart reporting fake with a capital letter F news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9qiCN7CcB8&t=2s

Watch first 2 minutes.
1:16 Ah yes that i am aware of it. True that hasn't happened yet. Are you telling me your pro migrant?

AngryCanadian
02-19-2017, 01:59 AM
juleswin are you aware the majority of the European migrants that were saved and came through are all males and young teen boys right?

juleswin
02-19-2017, 02:27 AM
juleswin are you aware the majority of the European migrants that were saved and came through are all males and young teen boys right?

You know that I like you, I try to be fair with you and rep you when I can but if I get one more negative rep from you with that ridiculous rep messages about points that I did not make, I would stop caring about you being angry and I will take a personal interest in you. I never said I supported uncontrolled migration to Europe or that I want to open my door to 100s of immigrants to come into my house.

Read my post carefully next time and stop putting words into my mouth. All that I am saying is that breitbart also spread fake news(while reporting some real news) like the rest of them and they did some of that fake news regarding the migrant crisis.

Zippyjuan
02-19-2017, 12:41 PM
We should only have government controlled media like those outstanding Liberty promoting countries like China, Russia, and North Korea. Then they won't say bad things about our Great Leader. It disrupts our unity. Then we will know the Real Truth. No more lies.

(and get rid of judges too- too many checks and balances get in the way of the government doing whatever it wants to)

CPUd
02-19-2017, 05:29 PM
Trump called the news media an ‘enemy of the American People.’ Here’s a history of the term.

President Trump is not known for his subtlety. But even by this standard, his tweet Friday night was extreme. Trump called the news media “the enemy of the American People.”

The New York Times, which among others was called out specifically, labeled it “a striking escalation” from a leader who “routinely castigates journalists.”

Gabriel Sherman, national affairs editor at New York magazine, described it as “full-on dictator speak.”

They're not being pedantic.

Enemy of the people is a phrase “typically used by leaders to refer to hostile foreign governments or subversive organizations,” the New York Times wrote. “It also echoed the language of autocrats who seek to minimize dissent.”

Where did the expression come from? In its original incarnation, enemy of the people wasn't code for “enemy of my regime.” In one of its earliest uses, the phrase was used to describe a leader himself — Nero. The Roman ruler was a disastrous emperor, and a careless one to boot. As his country fell into ruin, strained by construction costs and a massive devaluation of the imperial currency, Nero vacationed in Greece. He enjoyed musical performances and theater. He took a chariot to some Olympic Games. He considered whether to build a canal across the Isthmus of Corinth.

When he got back home, the political class was angry. And he didn't do himself any favors by ignoring a revolt in Gaul. The Senate grew so infuriated that they declared Nero an enemy of the people and drew up plans for his arrest and execution. Nero took his own life after a failed attempt to flee.

The term fell out of fashion among the political class, though it popped up in literature and art. Most famously, Henrik Ibsen wrote an 1882 play called “An Enemy of the People.” It features a doctor who's almost run out of town because of an article he's written bashing the government. The idea came to Ibsen after his own brush with infamy — his play “Ghosts” challenged the hypocrisy of Victorian morality, and was deemed indecent.

Adolf Hitler was allegedly an Ibsen fan. (Some historians say they believe that he read the plays as prophecy of the Third Reich.) He reportedly read “An Enemy of the People” closely, even weaving some key lines into speeches. His administration deployed this rhetoric to describe Hitler's main enemy: the Jews. “Each Jew is a sworn enemy of the German people,” Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels wrote in 1941. “... If someone wears the Jewish star, he is an enemy of the people. Anyone who deals with him is the same as a Jew and must be treated accordingly. He earns the contempt of the entire people, for he is a craven coward who leaves them in the lurch to stand by the enemy.”

Around the same time, leaders of the Soviet Union were transforming enemy of the people into a major tool for oppression and silencing enemies. Vladimir Lenin, founder of the Bolsheviks, used “the peoples' enemies” as a label to stigmatize anyone who didn't fall into line when the revolution happened. Enemies of the people were ostracized and even their friends were under suspicion.

For foes of Joseph Stalin, being branded an enemy of the people was a death sentence. The Soviet leader deployed that language against politicians and artists he didn't like. Once branded, the accused were sent to labor camps or killed. Best case? An enemy would be denied education and employment. “It is one of the most controversial phrases in Soviet history,” Mitchell Orenstein, professor of Russian and East European studies at the University of Pennsylvania, told Voice of America

“For both Lenin and Stalin, journalists and intellectuals who didn't share their point of view were among the most hated enemies,” University of Washington professor Serhiy Yekelchyk told VOA. “In attacking them, both appealed to the people.”

Chinese dictator Mao Zedong deployed the phrase against people critical of his policies and dictates. The leader, who created a famine that killed 36 million Chinese, was obsessed with identifying and rooting out his enemies. As Zhengyuan Fu explained in “Autocratic Tradition and Chinese Politics”, every member of Chinese society, even children, were called on to root out the landlords, teachers, intellectuals and artists who opposed Mao. He wrote:

Members of society are divided into two major categories: the “people” and the “class enemy.” People describes the in-group, within which are workers, poor and lower-middle-class peasants, soldiers and cadres. The “class enemies of the people” refers to the out group … a highly arbitrarily assigned group whose members are defined by the party state.

While the “people” are described in terms of “warmth, friendliness, candor, courage, and everything that is good,” the class enemies are depicted as “cruel, cunning, morally degrading, always scheming, and evil,” Fu writes. In the enemies camp were who often were imprisoned.

Today, enemy of the people is still deployed. But mostly, you hear it from dictators. (Heads of former Soviet countries are particularly fond of the construction. Old dog, new tricks, etc.) It's never before been uttered by the leader of the free world. One more way in which Trump's presidency truly is unprecedented in U.S. history.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/02/18/trump-called-the-news-media-an-enemy-of-the-american-people-heres-a-history-of-the-term/

seapilot
02-19-2017, 09:08 PM
We should only have government controlled media like those outstanding Liberty promoting countries like China, Russia, and North Korea. Then they won't say bad things about our Great Leader. It disrupts our unity. Then we will know the Real Truth. No more lies.

(and get rid of judges too- too many checks and balances get in the way of the government doing whatever it wants to)

Glad we live in USA where a liberty loving candidate for President can get a fair shake in the pro freedom,limited government, non government controlled media. Not like those censoring, number manipulation, information controlling communist places...:rolleyes:

Athan
02-19-2017, 10:15 PM

lol, no one is saying get rid of average journalist you cuck. Mods do need to get rid of your account.

jmdrake
02-20-2017, 04:59 AM
1:16 Ah yes that i am aware of it. True that hasn't happened yet. Are you telling me your pro migrant?

What the? Okay. Do you have an ounce of decency in your body? Here's what happened. Juleswin called out Brietbart for reporting ridiculously fake news. You asked him why. He gave you evidence of their fakery that happens to be anti immigrant fakery. You admit it's fake, then ask him if he's pro migrant? Seriously? How about being pro truth? Hey "angry Canadian" your ancestors migrated! The indigenous Americans can at least claim they migrated before there were any other people here, but everyone else? Migrant. I'm not pro migrant or anti migrant. I'm pro liberty and pro truth. Anything or anyone that distorts the truth undermines liberty. If there are people going around burning churches that shouldn't be covered up. But if there are not people running around burning churches that should not be made up!

Seriously, you sound like some Al Sharpton clown who's response to someone pointing out that the Tawana Brawley story was fake is "What? Are you pro cop?"

AngryCanadian
02-20-2017, 05:03 AM
What the? Okay. Do you have an ounce of decency in your body? Here's what happened. Juleswin called out Brietbart for reporting ridiculously fake news. You asked him why. He gave you evidence of their fakery that happens to be anti immigrant fakery. You admit it's fake, then ask him if he's pro migrant? Seriously? How about being pro truth? Hey "angry Canadian" your ancestors migrated! The indigenous Americans can at least claim they migrated before there were any other people here, but everyone else? Migrant. I'm not pro migrant or anti migrant. I'm pro liberty and pro truth. Anything or anyone that distorts the truth undermines liberty. If there are people going around burning churches that shouldn't be covered up. But if there are not people running around burning churches that should not be made up!

Seriously, you sound like some Al Sharpton clown who's response to someone pointing out that the Tawana Brawley story was fake is "What? Are you pro cop?"

I'm pro liberty and pro truth.
Does pro liberty include liberty for Sharia law? because thats what the migrants in Europe want.

jmdrake
02-20-2017, 05:03 AM

I mentioned the National Inquirer because some nitwits here are RPF who shall remain unnamed treated the fake story about Ted Cruz having multiple affairs as if it came straight from heaven.

jmdrake
02-20-2017, 05:06 AM
Does pro liberty include liberty for Sharia law? because thats what the migrants in Europe want.

Some of the migrants want. And you are a migrant or at least a descendant of one. Also quit trying to change the subject like a coward. Brietbart posted a disgustingly fake news story that wasn't even remotely true. If Brietbart wants to post polls about how migrants feel about Sharia law then they should post polls about how migrants feel about Sharia law and not resort to exaggeration and lies.

AngryCanadian
02-20-2017, 05:06 AM

Hey "angry Canadian" your ancestors migrated!

However our ancestors werent bunch of uncivilized Animals or Rapists that had gone down on a sexual emergency as a excuse.

You asked him why. He gave you evidence of their fakery that happens to be anti immigrant fakery. You admit it's fake, then ask him if he's pro migrant? Seriously? How about being pro truth?
I will start caring or giving crap about being pro truth once the news media does the same when it comes to the migration crisis which they have being lying and deceiving.

jmdrake
02-20-2017, 05:07 AM
However our ancestors werent bunch of uncivilized Animals or Rapists that had gone down on a sexual emergency as a excuse.

History begs to differ.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2497199.stm

The Canadian Government has agreed a deal with the Anglican Church of Canada, to share the costs of thousands of law suits brought by native Canadians who were abused in residential schools during the 20th Century.

The government will pay 70% of the costs, leaving the Anglican Church to find up to $16m.

The government owns the schools but they were run by four Christian churches.

It is the first such deal between the government and the church.

But it doesn't satisfy many of the native Canadians making claims.

Dark times

The affair is a dark period in the country's history that continues to be felt today.

From the 1930s until the mid-1990s, tens of thousands of native Canadians children were sent to residential schools in Canada.

They were supposed to learn the ways of the European settlers.

Pope John Paul II during his visit to Canada
The Catholic church faces more than two thirds of the claims
But many suffered physical and sexual abuse at the hands of their teachers.

Most native communities are blighted by social problems, that many people there now argue result from the suffering caused by the schools.

Around 12,000 people have filed law suits, but only 500 have been settled, as arguments continue over who should pay the compensation.

Moving on

Last year, the government announced it would meet 70% of the costs, but at the time the churches said that wasn't enough.

The Anglicans are the first to agree.

Meeting the claims on their own would have bankrupted them.

The government minister who arranged the deal, Ralph Goodale, says it means money can be focussed on helping those who suffered.

"Any progress in putting aside that argument about percentages as between the government and the churches will certainly be of benefit to aboriginal claimants and victims," he says.

Catholic cases unresolved

But it will still be a long time before all the cases are settled.

The Anglican church has only around 20% of all the claims.

The Catholic church faces more than two thirds of them, and it has no agreement with the government.

Nor have many native people in Canada.

In order to get access to the compensation, they must agree to drop all legal action.

And many are now fighting for compensation for being deprived of their language and culture.

The government says it will continue to fight those cases in court.

AngryCanadian
02-20-2017, 05:13 AM
Some of the migrants want. And you are a migrant or at least a descendant of one. Also quit trying to change the subject like a coward. Brietbart posted a disgustingly fake news story that wasn't even remotely true. If Brietbart wants to post polls about how migrants feel about Sharia law then they should post polls about how migrants feel about Sharia law and not resort to exaggeration and lies.
wow this forum has lost its minds. Are you aware what Sharia law is? Sharia law forbids women rights. In Sharia law there is no liberty or freedom.

I am not sure who has lost more of their minds the libaerls wanting Sharia law and more Muslims or pro liberty types saying how great Sharia law is?

jmdrake
02-20-2017, 05:15 AM
wow this forum has lost its minds. Are you aware what Sharia law is? Sharia law forbids women rights. In Sharia law there is no liberty or freedom.

Are you aware that your ancestors routinely raped native American children? Did you participate?

Edit: And yes dweeb. I know what Sharia law is. It's basically a rip off of Mosaic law. And no, not all migrants to Europe want Sharia law. Not all of the migrants are even Muslim. (Oh, you didn't know that there are Christians who lived in Syria for centuries and are now on the run?) Goodness, pull your head out of your arse.

AngryCanadian
02-20-2017, 05:16 AM
History begs to differ.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2497199.stm

The Canadian Government has agreed a deal with the Anglican Church of Canada, to share the costs of thousands of law suits brought by native Canadians who were abused in residential schools during the 20th Century.

The government will pay 70% of the costs, leaving the Anglican Church to find up to $16m.

The government owns the schools but they were run by four Christian churches.

It is the first such deal between the government and the church.

But it doesn't satisfy many of the native Canadians making claims.

Dark times

The affair is a dark period in the country's history that continues to be felt today.

From the 1930s until the mid-1990s, tens of thousands of native Canadians children were sent to residential schools in Canada.

They were supposed to learn the ways of the European settlers.

Pope John Paul II during his visit to Canada
The Catholic church faces more than two thirds of the claims
But many suffered physical and sexual abuse at the hands of their teachers.

Most native communities are blighted by social problems, that many people there now argue result from the suffering caused by the schools.

Around 12,000 people have filed law suits, but only 500 have been settled, as arguments continue over who should pay the compensation.

Moving on

Last year, the government announced it would meet 70% of the costs, but at the time the churches said that wasn't enough.

The Anglicans are the first to agree.

Meeting the claims on their own would have bankrupted them.

The government minister who arranged the deal, Ralph Goodale, says it means money can be focussed on helping those who suffered.

"Any progress in putting aside that argument about percentages as between the government and the churches will certainly be of benefit to aboriginal claimants and victims," he says.

Catholic cases unresolved

But it will still be a long time before all the cases are settled.

The Anglican church has only around 20% of all the claims.

The Catholic church faces more than two thirds of them, and it has no agreement with the government.

Nor have many native people in Canada.

In order to get access to the compensation, they must agree to drop all legal action.

And many are now fighting for compensation for being deprived of their language and culture.

The government says it will continue to fight those cases in court.
Your argument fails. Your comparing White European Native settlers to modern day hordes who are a lot more worse.

AngryCanadian
02-20-2017, 05:16 AM
Have fun eating up George Soros BS. "We are all Muslims" right? :rolleyes:

jmdrake
02-20-2017, 05:18 AM
Your argument fails. Your comparing White European Native settlers to modern day hordes who are a lot more worse.

You don't even have an argument for it to fail moron.

AngryCanadian
02-20-2017, 05:27 AM
You don't even have an argument for it to fail moron.

I already know where the discussion is going to end at. And you want to compare the European settlers as ruthless and savages. While you will be still defending the new Muslim/African migrant comers.

:rolleyes:
How typical.

jmdrake
02-20-2017, 05:39 AM
I already know where the discussion is going to end at. And you want to compare the European settlers as ruthless and savages. While you will be still defending the new Muslim/African migrant comers.

:rolleyes:
How typical.

Uh no. That's not where the discussion is going. That's where it went in your dishonest mind. I pointed out the fact to you that not all of the migrants are even Muslim. But that is too much for your little mind to comprehend. You started your silly rant because someone else pointed out that Brietbart posted a bullshyt story. Since you can't defend that you decided to change the subject. The subject is fake news. Fears over migrants, however justified those fears may be, do not excuse just making shyt up and passing it off as news.

nobody's_hero
02-20-2017, 06:45 AM
Even after Trump leaves, the media will still be full of shit.

Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to find out who the bigger threat is.

juleswin
02-20-2017, 08:17 AM

I migrated to the US myself so I am pro migration, but I have a feeling what you are trying to ask is if I am pro refugee migration and I don't have an easy answer for you. The reason is because when one goes on a humanitarian war rampage destroying lives and property and causing instability, the victims of this war should be compensated in some way for the damages they sustained and sometime the compensation comes in the form of accepting them in as refugees.

But also, I am not in favor of migrants of any flavor behaving badly. I think anyone migrant or not who commits real crimes should be punished and lastly I really do not appreciate it when alt media who while rightly accuses MSM for punishing fake news, makes stories up or exaggerates incidents involving refugees.

Working Poor
02-20-2017, 08:52 AM
I can't forget how the fake news treated Ron Paul.

Gumba of Liberty
02-20-2017, 09:16 AM

Nor I. It's incredible how the NeverTrumper's, who were screaming bloody murder before the election about how Trump would be worse than (or as bad as) Hillary, are now trying to save face by condemning Trump for outing the corporate-globalist propaganda outlets. The only argument they have is:
Well, Trump lies too! Ignore the facts, ignore the mans actions, personally attack anyone with an open mind, and keep moving forward with the narrative. I mean at this point to admit failure would take a degree of self-shaming and (mental) teenagers are not good at such self-reflection. Poor babies.

enhanced_deficit
02-20-2017, 11:14 AM
Even after Trump leaves, the media will still be full of $#@!.

Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to find out who the bigger threat is.

Good points.
MSMedia is full of deceptions.

Fox is often neoconish and hedges its bets nicely in a bi-partisan way:

Fox owner hosted fund raiser for Hillary Clinton, his daughter hosted fund raiser for Obama (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?479775-Fox-owner-hosted-fund-raiser-for-Hillary-Clinton-his-daughter-hosted-fund-raiser-for-Obama&)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/12/15/22/3B6C419F00000578-4038776-image-m-96_1481840868220.jpg

enhanced_deficit
02-20-2017, 11:34 AM

To be fair, criticism of corrupt, dishonest, MIC interests pimping corporate media doesn't equate to a call for "government controlled media".
I'm sure you'll agree with that :)

nikcers
02-20-2017, 02:31 PM
To be fair, criticism of corrupt, dishonest, MIC interests pimping corporate media doesn't equate to a call for "government controlled media".
I'm sure you'll agree with that :) Yeah but Trump seemed to stop fighting with Fox news when he became president. I remember when Fox news was demonized and rightfully so. This non aggression towards Fox is a defacto endorsement, and you know what Fox likes to teach people. Fox isn't pushing a liberty agenda, they are pushing a neocon agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENmTeMC3ik

6:20 IN where he says it (https://youtu.be/rENmTeMC3ik?t=381)

CPUd
02-20-2017, 05:39 PM

If they treated Trump the same way they treated Ron Paul, we'd have Rand Paul as president now.

enhanced_deficit
02-21-2017, 11:47 AM
Incredible, President is now quoting one of Libertarian movement's heroes , Thomas Jefferson.

Quoting Thomas Jefferson, President Trump said:

“Nothing can be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle.”

http://politistick.com/trump-quotes-thomas-jefferson-bashing-media-florida-rally-video/#

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-the-advertisement-is-the-most-truthful-part-of-a-newspaper-thomas-jefferson-94103.jpg

Neocons may have picked another wrong fight here by banning use of term "fake news".

robert68
02-21-2017, 11:55 AM

... were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter -- Thomas Jefferson

brushfire
02-21-2017, 12:09 PM
Trump is correct. Anyone who has been in the liberty fight long enough, especially here at RPF, know's the bullsh!t that all the media delivers. There are also countless wikileaks that confirm these tactics. The press has become a propaganda machine, manipulating the people. While I dont care for trump, I see this as a convenient aspect of his administration, forcing the exposure of this fact.

enhanced_deficit
02-21-2017, 12:14 PM
Yeah but Trump seemed to stop fighting with Fox news when he became president. I remember when Fox news was demonized and rightfully so. This non aggression towards Fox is a defacto endorsement, and you know what Fox likes to teach people. Fox isn't pushing a liberty agenda, they are pushing a neocon agenda.

It's strategery on both ends based on mutual interests. Fox neocons do have a right leaning bent at times, so it's not too incovenient for them.

Plus they have not hit Trump and have been ironically somewhat "fair and balanced" in the Hillary-Trump fight.
If they will hit him, he will hit back looking at Trump's track record.

Ender
02-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Yeah but Trump seemed to stop fighting with Fox news when he became president. I remember when Fox news was demonized and rightfully so. This non aggression towards Fox is a defacto endorsement, and you know what Fox likes to teach people. Fox isn't pushing a liberty agenda, they are pushing a neocon agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENmTeMC3ik

YEP.

CPUd
02-21-2017, 12:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jFDA2oYKU4

Zippyjuan
02-21-2017, 01:23 PM

Trump always has to be attacking somebody. Notice he does it all of the time. The media is just his latest and most convenient target. He was always attacking somebody during the entire campaign and continues to this day- opponents, judges, media. It is how he operates. Sign of somebody uncertain they are good enough and insecure about themselves. Afraid somebody will figure out they are a fraud.

CPUd
02-21-2017, 01:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKiSoSn9qA

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Trump always has to be attacking somebody.

So do you. This is your entire M.O. on this forum.

enhanced_deficit
02-22-2017, 10:11 PM
Trump always has to be attacking somebody.

As bad as it is, Trump's tweet/verbal attacks on media/neocons/SWCbags etc probably are far less immoral than some DGPbag always attacking defenseless children/innocent civillians with bombs and drones. Won't you agree?

Un-related

https://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/05138b5084ea2c8231485c5e54c81c2d43ec56-wm.jpg?v=3

Zippyjuan
02-23-2017, 01:11 PM
As bad as it is, Trump's tweet/verbal attacks on media/neocons/SWCbags etc probably are far less immoral than some DGPbag always attacking defenseless children/innocent civillians with bombs and drones. Won't you agree?

Like Putin in Syria?

Jan2017
02-23-2017, 01:25 PM
“Nothing can be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle.”

Neocons may have picked another wrong fight here by banning use of term "fake news".

Here's Thomas Jefferson 14 June 1807 . . .

To your request of my opinion of the manner in which a newspaper should be conducted, so as to be most useful, I should answer,
"by restraining it to true facts & sound principles only." Yet I fear such a paper would find few subscribers.

Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle.

. . . the man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them; inasmuch as he who knows nothing
is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors.

http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/amendI_speechs29.html

shakey1
02-23-2017, 02:29 PM

http://i.imgur.com/8nVo76G.jpg

enhanced_deficit
02-27-2017, 11:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8nVo76G.jpg

Media neocons called Bush in their defense today lol

enhanced_deficit
03-04-2017, 05:56 PM
CNN is now leading the MSM charge in pushing back against Trump's latest tweet.
Although question arises, how could they possibly know for sure that his claim is baseless:

Trump's baseless wiretap claim

CNN

- ‎3 hours ago‎

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (CNN) President Donald Trump made a stunning claim Saturday, alleging without offering evidence that his predecessor, Barack Obama, wiretapped his phones at Trump Tower ahead of the 2016 election.

CPUd
03-04-2017, 06:04 PM
http://ericpetersautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Il-Duce.jpg

Ender
03-04-2017, 06:20 PM
CNN is now leading the MSM charge in pushing back against Trump's latest tweet.
Although question arises, how could they possibly know for sure that his claim is baseless:

Trump's baseless wiretap claim

CNN

- ‎3 hours ago‎

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (CNN) President Donald Trump made a stunning claim Saturday, alleging without offering evidence that his predecessor, Barack Obama, wiretapped his phones at Trump Tower ahead of the 2016 election.

The same way that Trump "knows" it's true.

enhanced_deficit
03-04-2017, 07:21 PM
The same way that Trump "knows" it's true.

Are you implying President of the US and editors of NYT/WaPo have same level of access/information regarding US secret agencies operations?

Ender
03-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Are you implying President of the US and editors of NYT/WaPo have same level of access/information regarding US secret agencies operations?

Nope.

I'm STATING that all sides make up shit.

nikcers
03-04-2017, 07:57 PM
I think Breitbart has the most level of access/information at this point since they are on the NSC

UWDude
03-04-2017, 11:55 PM
If they treated Trump the same way they treated Ron Paul, we'd have Rand Paul as president now.

rand would have crumpled. He doesn't know how to finesse and use the media against itself like Trump does.

And you love the media. You treat them like they are truth no matter how ridiculous their lies, slander, and out of context quotes. You love the fake news media. Stop acting like you love rand and Ron more than the media.

UWDude
03-04-2017, 11:56 PM
Nope.

I'm STATING that all sides make up $#@!.

So Obama tapped numerous foreign governments, wire tapped journalists, but you don't think he would tap people in the Trump administration and Trump campaign?

And somebody tapped Flynn's phone calls. You think that was just a four hundred pound hacker tapping a secure russian diplomatic line?

Give me a break.

MallsRGood
03-05-2017, 02:53 AM

Bingo

Yes, the modern day hordes are a lot more worse, at grammar to.

UWDude
03-05-2017, 03:49 AM
Sign of somebody uncertain they are good enough and insecure about themselves. Afraid somebody will figure out they are a fraud.

Well if zippy says its true.

UWDude
03-05-2017, 03:52 AM
Plus they have not hit Trump

You must not watch Shepard Smith. Geraldo hated trump for a while too.
Any other major network give somebody like Judge Napolitano a voice?
Overall FOX still does stick to the narrative, and let other news lead the narrative of the day.

It is detente with FOX right now, but FOX can turn on trump at any time, along with the neocons in the GOP, (vast majority of GOP), and Trump knows it. He also knows most of them are spineless, and currently themselves in shock and awe by his win.

Winning has its advantages.

Cleaner44
03-05-2017, 08:47 AM
How did he skip over MSNBC, FOX, and the Washington (Com)Post?

144 character limit?

Ender
03-05-2017, 10:49 AM
So Obama tapped numerous foreign governments, wire tapped journalists, but you don't think he would tap people in the Trump administration and Trump campaign?

And somebody tapped Flynn's phone calls. You think that was just a four hundred pound hacker tapping a secure russian diplomatic line?

Give me a break.

Every heard of Edward Snowden? We're all tapped- and O is just as much a puppet to the alphabets as all presidents since Kennedy.

enhanced_deficit
03-27-2017, 11:26 PM
Media - a gift that keeps on giving...

enhanced_deficit
03-28-2017, 11:14 AM
Granted there is many problems of deceptions,lies in our media, this should not be acceptable:

Russian parliament backs investigation into U.S. media (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?508794-Russian-parliament-backs-investigation-into-U-S-media&)

Athan
03-29-2017, 07:23 AM
While it is true that media neocons played a major role in pushing propaganda in support of Iraq war, Libya Benghazi, Syria bloodbaths etc and public has lost faith in fake news media.. but is the President right here?

Yes, because they do more than that. They stop any candidate that is a reform candidate like Ron Paul from running to right the ship and restore our liberty. They are indeed enemies of the American people.