PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Rand Paul & Trump Are Buddies Now

ProBlue33
02-16-2017, 07:39 PM
Go to the 56:45-60 minute mark, don't waste a ton of time.
Notice the first handshake and then the respectful and affectionate double pat from Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al5EOg3_Lg0&feature=youtu.be

Maybe Rand can influence him for the better, we can always hope.

euphemia
02-16-2017, 10:19 PM
It's good that they are talking.

TheTexan
02-16-2017, 10:27 PM
Are they becoming besties?

Maybe a Trump / Paul ticket for 2020 ???

PursuePeace
02-16-2017, 10:39 PM
Maybe Rand can influence him for the better, we can always hope.

Absolutely.

Valli6
02-16-2017, 11:10 PM
Around 1:01:59 - Trump says, "How 'bout we hear from one of the miners? I hear these guys all the time! I hear Rand all the time!" and hits him in the arm. Yeah, seems like he's getting to know Rand, hopefully realizing he's one of the smarter ones.

(So, this video doesn't show anything at all till almost 57 minutes. I gave up trying to watch it earlier today, 'cause I figured it was somehow unplayable.)

eleganz
02-16-2017, 11:21 PM
damn its still so surreal that this guy is president.

As much as I would love it, I don't think Rand is gonna be doing that much influencing on Trump. Best chance for us is that we have some liberty allies close to Trump like Mick Mulvaney and Bannon is some sort of fan of Ron/Rand Paul and understands the principles we care about.

Trump yelling out, "I hear Rand all the time" is probably a good thing, meaning whatever he is saying on TV is getting through and sticking. Probably because of the Obamacare issue where Trump saw him on TV and called him.

dannno
02-17-2017, 12:11 AM

As much as I would love it, I don't think Rand is gonna be doing that much influencing on Trump. Best chance for us is that we have some liberty allies close to Trump like Mick Mulvaney and Bannon is some sort of fan of Ron/Rand Paul and understands the principles we care about.

Trump yelling out, "I hear Rand all the time" is probably a good thing, meaning whatever he is saying on TV is getting through and sticking. Probably because of the Obamacare issue where Trump saw him on TV and called him.

Also on Morning Joe when Rand influenced Trump not to pick Elliot Abrams, because he was a NeverTrumper and didn't believe in Trump's foreign policy.

EBounding
02-17-2017, 07:10 AM

Send him a tweet asking to endorse Rand's plan.

GunnyFreedom
02-17-2017, 07:22 AM

sam1952
02-17-2017, 08:12 AM

One can only hope....

That ticket could be catchin on!

specsaregood
02-17-2017, 08:47 AM

specsaregood
02-17-2017, 09:23 AM

Valli6
02-17-2017, 11:15 AM
Also on Morning Joe when Rand influenced Trump not to pick Elliot Abrams, because he was a NeverTrumper and didn't believe in Trump's foreign policy.

Hillariously, Elliot Abrams is pretending otherwise - claiming Steve Bannon is the reason he lost the appontment. :D

“The only person on the White House staff that I know was opposed to my being hired was Steve Bannon so that’s my guess,” Abrams told CNN’s Erin Burnett in an interview on Monday. “It’s a guess.”
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/14/elliott-abrams-blames-steve-bannon-for-blocking-job-in-trump-administration

Ha!Ha! You neocons tried to destroy Ron Paul, and now here's Ron's boy kicking your ass out of the White House!

So great! :D

seapilot
02-17-2017, 04:38 PM

Thanks, going to spread that contact address around on the web.

goldenequity
02-18-2017, 04:38 PM

Brett85
02-18-2017, 05:18 PM
Well I hope that Rand can convince Trump to not name Bolton as national security advisor.

devil21
02-19-2017, 05:58 PM

Trump knows he has to throw the libertarian wing some bones in hopes that we pipe down and let them continue to carry out the larger bankster agenda on their own narrative. Trump is controlled and doing what he's told to.

Well I hope that Rand can convince Trump to not name Bolton as national security advisor.

Oh jeez you're back?

anaconda
02-19-2017, 07:11 PM
Trump did the "yank-on-the-hand" handshake to Rand but not to any subsequent hand shakers. Psychological analyses welcome.

Brett85
02-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Oh jeez you're back?

Oh jeez you're still here?

nikcers
02-19-2017, 07:41 PM
So you think it's a good idea for Trump to pick Bolton as national security adviser? Interesting?
Welcome back to the forum, isn't Ted Cruz the one pushing for Bolton? If I recall correctly...

Brett85
02-19-2017, 07:49 PM
Welcome back to the forum, isn't Ted Cruz the one pushing for Bolton? If I recall correctly...

Thanks. Yeah, Cruz has been a disappointment. It looked like Cruz was moving our way on foreign policy back in 2013, back when non intervention was more popular. Now that it's less popular he's a hawk once again.

nikcers
02-19-2017, 08:10 PM
Thanks. Yeah, Cruz has been a disappointment. It looked like Cruz was moving our way on foreign policy back in 2013, back when non intervention was more popular. Now that it's less popular he's a hawk once again.
It looks like Rand Paul learned from Ted Cruz-It looks like he is trying to use Sméagol / Gollum/ Trump's political duality to promote liberty policies while using Trump as a megaphone. It might work extra good because Trump supporters will try to advance Rand Paul's policies because they think they are Trumps.

It's not like Trump backs down or changes positions people just always thinks he holds their position. The media tried to portray Rand Paul as just another Trump cheerleader but this is even bigger. Now I understand the Trump youtube channels with Rand Paul videos. Looks like the mods will get the last laughs for not banning the Trump supporters.

Atleast that's what I get from his blinking in his recent videos, either that or he has been replaced by double. lol

eleganz
02-19-2017, 09:02 PM
Trump knows he has to throw the libertarian wing some bones in hopes that we pipe down and let them continue to carry out the larger bankster agenda on their own narrative. Trump is controlled and doing what he's told to.

I don't think he's throwing any bones to the libertarians. He has proven himself to be a pretty predictable guy. If you're against him, you're enemies but if you're sincerely with him, he will treat you as a friend. When Rand was an aggressive enemy, Trump fought back but Rand decided to get smart early on and didn't get too crazy with any #nevertrump messaging. Rand is being positive when necessary and critical when necessary and Trump predictably finds that as acceptable.

devil21
02-19-2017, 09:21 PM
I don't think he's throwing any bones to the libertarians. He has proven himself to be a pretty predictable guy. If you're against him, you're enemies but if you're sincerely with him, he will treat you as a friend. When Rand was an aggressive enemy, Trump fought back but Rand decided to get smart early on and didn't get too crazy with any #nevertrump messaging. Rand is being positive when necessary and critical when necessary and Trump predictably finds that as acceptable.

Predictably full of shit, sure. He's a giant walking, talking distraction.

Brett85
02-19-2017, 09:49 PM
Predictably full of $#@!, sure.

That's certainly a good way to describe yourself. "Devil" is a very fitting name as well.

devil21
02-19-2017, 10:07 PM
That's certainly a good way to describe yourself. "Devil" is a very fitting name as well.

No surprise one of the oldest RPF neocon shill accounts would reappear once Trump starts dropping the charade and becoming the neocon lefty he always was. Are you back to manage the sheep's perception again on behalf of Goldman? Or will you change the handle again when the real members here start calling you out again?

Brett85
02-19-2017, 11:07 PM
No surprise one of the oldest RPF neocon shill accounts would reappear once Trump starts dropping the charade and becoming the neocon lefty he always was. Are you back to manage the sheep's perception again on behalf of Goldman? Or will you change the handle again when the real members here start calling you out again?

I didn't realize that "neocons" were opposed to John Bolton as national security adviser. Of course you guys label anyone a "neocon" who isn't 100% non interventionist in every single instance.

devil21
02-20-2017, 02:23 AM
I didn't realize that "neocons" were opposed to John Bolton as national security adviser. Of course you guys label anyone a "neocon" who isn't 100% non interventionist in every single instance.

Bolton is the extreme. I'm sure you'll support a "moderate" alternative soon enough. Whoever it is must be better than Bolton, right?

timosman
02-20-2017, 02:27 AM
It looks like Rand Paul learned from Ted Cruz-It looks like he is trying to use Sméagol / Gollum/ Trump's political duality to promote liberty policies while using Trump as a megaphone. It might work extra good because Trump supporters will try to advance Rand Paul's policies because they think they are Trumps.

It's not like Trump backs down or changes positions people just always thinks he holds their position. The media tried to portray Rand Paul as just another Trump cheerleader but this is even bigger. Now I understand the Trump youtube channels with Rand Paul videos. Looks like the mods will get the last laughs for not banning the Trump supporters.

Atleast that's what I get from his blinking in his recent videos, either that or he has been replaced by double. lol

No replies?:confused:

Brett85
02-20-2017, 04:22 AM
Bolton is the extreme. I'm sure you'll support a "moderate" alternative soon enough. Whoever it is must be better than Bolton, right?

No one could be worse than Bolton, that's for sure. The others Trump is considering would only be less bad, nowhere close to ideal.

devil21
02-20-2017, 04:35 AM
No one could be worse than Bolton, that's for sure. The others Trump is considering would only be less bad, nowhere close to ideal.

Thanks for giving yourself up so quickly. New TC demanded. At least make it a little challenging.

familydog
02-20-2017, 09:45 AM
Unlike Justin Amash...Rand Paul, Massie and Brat are smart. Rather than unnecessarily criticize Trump and obfuscate the issues, they are working with Trump try and swing him to more liberty oriented stance.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
02-20-2017, 01:41 PM
This is necessary. Pence is absolute poison. A warmongering assh0le.

anaconda
02-20-2017, 11:44 PM

How about Pence gives Trump his resignation for one reason or another and we make it 2017?

BTW as "President of the Senate," is the Vice President allowed to get up and make speeches in the Senate?

eleganz
02-21-2017, 12:53 AM
This is necessary. Pence is absolute poison. A warmongering $#@!.

Not sure if its whats actually happening but it appears Pence is playing a larger role in the administration than past VPs. Probably because they are all hands on deck right now, theres probably a very short list of trusted advisors to Trump, all swords are pointed against them.

Origanalist
02-21-2017, 12:56 AM
This is necessary. Pence is absolute poison. A warmongering asshole.

I got a six pack of the beer of your choice that says it never happens.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
02-23-2017, 01:39 PM
it appears Pence is playing a larger role in the administration than past VPs.

No. He's not up the Cheney or Poppy Bush levels yet.

trusted advisors to Trump, all swords are pointed against them.

Pence is one of the ones with the swords.

helenpaul
02-25-2017, 05:33 PM
I think Rand wants to get things done and nothing will happen fighting with Trump

Anti-Neocon
02-26-2017, 07:12 PM
Not sure if its whats actually happening but it appears Pence is playing a larger role in the administration than past VPs. Probably because they are all hands on deck right now, theres probably a very short list of trusted advisors to Trump, all swords are pointed against them.
When you have a clueless President, someone has to pick up the slack.

JK/SEA
02-26-2017, 08:13 PM
When you have a clueless President, someone has to pick up the slack.

too bad Trump doesn't have 30 years experience being a politician eh?

devil21
02-27-2017, 03:47 AM

Pence said before that Darth Cheney is his VP role model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOIbhVMJ44U

gaazn
02-27-2017, 07:30 AM
Had Dr. No been in the Senate, there would be no devos.

TheTexan
02-27-2017, 08:12 AM

It certainly would help him pass a Obamacare replacement bill

Slutter McGee
02-28-2017, 10:04 PM
Thanks for giving yourself up so quickly. New TC demanded. At least make it a little challenging.

Hey Devil.

How are ya? Still blaming the worlds problems on the Jews?

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

EDIT: I noticed your rep is kinda weird how it displays. Can a mod here edit it his rep to look like the star of David?

devil21
02-28-2017, 10:07 PM
Hey Devil.

How are ya? Still blaming the worlds problems on the Jews?

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Naaa, I've graduated to the Khazar Sabbatean Frankist Jesuits but thanks for asking! Are you still trolling and not contributing anything? Looks like it!

Slutter McGee
02-28-2017, 10:22 PM
Naaa, I've graduated to the Khazar Sabbatean Frankist Jesuits but thanks for asking! Are you still trolling and not contributing anything? Looks like it!

ehh. I used to be passionate about libertarian principles. Pretty much just a cynic these days. Still have the same beliefs for the most part; just think Murray Rothbard is full of more shit than I thought years ago. But I did contribute a lot back in the days. I also held you assholes in check when you started going off the rails when it came to child sex, drunk driving, and evil jews. I am proud of that.

Slutter McGee

EDIT: still haven't gotten used to the filter after all these years. First cuss word was the S word. 2nd was the AH word. And thanks for the negative rep you asshole.

devil21
02-28-2017, 11:07 PM
ehh. I used to be passionate about libertarian principles. Pretty much just a cynic these days. Still have the same beliefs for the most part; just think Murray Rothbard is full of more shit than I thought years ago. But I did contribute a lot back in the days. I also held you assholes in check when you started going off the rails when it came to child sex, drunk driving, and evil jews. I am proud of that.

Slutter McGee

EDIT: still haven't gotten used to the filter after all these years. First cuss word was the S word. 2nd was the AH word. And thanks for the negative rep you asshole.

Not sure if you're trying to honestly be friendly, in that Slutter McGee way, or not? Regardless, I do enjoy seeing old handles pop back up, even the trolls. We are living in interesting times together at least.

Slutter McGee
02-28-2017, 11:10 PM
Not sure if you're trying to honestly be friendly, in that Slutter McGee way, or not? Regardless, I do enjoy seeing old handles pop back up, even the trolls.

Ehh...Maybe a little bit Devil.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

devil21
02-28-2017, 11:16 PM
Ehh...Maybe a little bit Devil.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Well that's nice to know. Sorry about the neg rep then. Twas a reflex.

Slutter McGee
02-28-2017, 11:22 PM
Well that's nice to know. Sorry about the neg rep then. Twas a reflex.

Oh, no problems bud. I gave it right back to ya.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-02-2017, 03:31 AM
Rand is smart. He can get a lot done having Trump's ear and repelling neocons from advisory roles.

Anti-Neocon
03-04-2017, 03:51 AM
Actually, I'm more happy than not that Trump has no clue what he's doing because shitty Republicans, like Pence, will have to manage all the stuff that Trump would be mentally unfit at handling.

I joined this site as "Anti-Neocon", and now I've watched it support someone arguably worse than neocons. It is very disappointing...

Delivered4000
03-07-2017, 05:19 AM
Interestingly enough it seems Trump has a problem with people criticizing him in PUBLIC. What this means is he is willing to have his ears open privately which is what Rand I believe is doing. All you have to do is publicly be on his team, and this is what a lot of libertarians are actually doing. While it is a big tent group, libertarians are no doubt having a disproportionate influence and we can use this influence to advance the cause of liberty significantly if we do it right.