PDA

View Full Version : A Plea to the web developers among us / visionaries only

theantirobot
12-10-2007, 01:08 AM
There are so many ideas for websites. I know I have at least a couple. Can you please form a company? Can you make it so we can readily acquire your services? Is there enough demand for the community to sponsor a full time web development team? Could we setup an interface to allow the crowd to determine which sites get developed? Can we make this campaign into a game to see how many people we can employ and how much revenue we can generate? Can we develop a whole new economic system where everyone prospers? In a year?

Benaiah
12-10-2007, 01:11 AM
There are so many ideas for websites. I know I have at least a couple. Can you please form a company? Can you make it so we can readily acquire your services? Is there enough demand for the community to sponsor a full time web development team? Could we setup an interface to allow the crowd to determine which sites get developed? Can we make this campaign into a game to see how many people we can employ and how much revenue we can generate? Can we develop a whole new economic system where everyone prospers? In a year?

Yeah!! MMORPG!!!!

Or were you thinking more along the lines of a First Person Shooter?

leonster
12-10-2007, 01:13 AM
Yeah!! MMORPG!!!!

Hahaha... I can imagine playing as Ron Paul in a shooting game, with the enemies various Neo-Cons. Hillary could be the final boss... :P You could also face off against Apathy, at some point.

theantirobot
12-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Yeah!! MMORPG!!!!

Definitely MMORPG. It's a game of global economic domination. The game they're playing now is more like a first person shooter.

Mark
12-10-2007, 01:20 AM

+1

I could use a lot of RP web designer help too, lots of RP site ideas, too few design skills

GoRon2008
12-10-2007, 01:35 AM
hey guys!

I use to do web design full time many years ago. There are only two site that I built still online and they are very small and not complete....

http://www.rwisupply.com

http://www.cedillocustoms.com

I just do basic HTML and photoshop stuff.

If you need my help on something I will do what I can.

curtislee5@gmail.com

acmegeek
12-10-2007, 01:48 AM
I am a full-time web developer and I have my own business...

www.slyngshot.net (http://www.slyngshot.net)

The way I develop sites is pretty awesome... I use a scratch-built custom CMS/cart system (the SlyngShot Site Operating System or S3OS) that runs pretty much the entire site and it is all web managed. Very easy and crazily flexible... Let me know what you are thinking. As you can see from my clients and stuff I've submitted here, I do a bit of graphic design as well, print and web.

I've got a ton of ideas as well. My favorite so far:

RonRox.com - A Nationwide Concert For Freedom (http://www.ronrox.com)

njandrewg
12-10-2007, 02:20 AM
Wouldn't hurt to have a get out and vote website.

i.e. you put in your email address / cell phone # and your state, and you get an email message/text message the day before and on the day there is a primary/caucus in your state

Can even make it a "poll" type service where people will sign up and say who they plan to vote for. And then the result is % wise. Of course noone can be sure there won't be bugs...ie. only people who plan to vote for Ron Paul would get the notification messages ;)