PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in Miami Today

Tarabell952
12-10-2007, 12:46 AM
I posted this in the main Official News area, but I wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to read it. We OWNED Miami today!: Here's the orginal thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=50720

I just got home and and am absolutely exhausted from an entire weekend of Ron Paul in Miami. I'll give you the update before I go to bed...

We spent Friday and Saturday hanging signs throghout Miami... Today we woke up early and headed to a local restaurant. Immediately after landing in Miami, Ron Paul headed to the restaurant and was greeted by about 200 of us (not an exact number, just my estimate). We were all along the road and had covered the area in RP signs. He gave a speech and met with supporters. Many people seemed to be supportive and we had a lot of beeping and cheering from the people driving by.

Then we headed to UM to hang signs and prep that area. RP supporters congregrated directly outside of the location of the debate. Many of the supporters started parading down a main street in the area (US-1). Some headed to Guiliani's location. I wasn't one of them but from what I heard 25 RP supporters were there and no Guiliani supporters.

Outside the location of the debate there were about 200 of us. There were 5 Romney supporters that I saw, and 3 Huckabee supporters but none from any other candidate. We chanted and cheered for hours and lots of people drove by blaring on their horns. Good times....

Inside the actual debate there seemed to be a lot of supporters. However, at one point, he got booed quite loudly. The candidates were asked how they would deal with Chavez in Venezuela, and RP said that he would be friendly and trade freely with them. The crowd responded with loud disapproval. He then said he would like to do the same with Cuba, and the booing increased. It seemed to be going poorly but then he said that it is our foreign policy that has created people like Chavez and Castro. The booing generally stopped and there was some cheering. With the exception of that question he received mostly cheering from the audience.

After the debate ended, he headed to a local bar where RP supporters had congregated. Apparently, his campaign had advised him against going, but he said that if people there wanted to meet him, he would be there. He gave a speech and then met and spoke with supporters. He didn't leave until everyone there had gotten a chance to speak with him, take pictures, get a signatures, etc... What a man!

All in all, it was a great night and thousands of people in Miami were exposed to Ron Paul. We had a huge number of people and definitely showed the world that Miami is Ron Paul country. No other group even came close to matching our numbers!!!!!!!

Awesome!

Man from La Mancha
12-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the news, I love hearing it.

Mark
12-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Great report, Thanks !!

Falseflagop
12-10-2007, 05:55 AM
This speaks volumes !!

We have alot of people with little money + Alot of votes, RUDY and the rest have few people with Big donors = Little votes and alot of potential FRAUD in voting.

Our numbers are huge!!

Starks
12-10-2007, 05:56 AM
Ron should don a speedo and campaign in South Beach.

JMO
12-10-2007, 06:14 AM
I am curious to know what did the audience at the debate consist? Was it mostly Spanish speaking people in the audience?

Starks
12-10-2007, 06:23 AM
I am curious to know what did the audience at the debate consist? Was it mostly Spanish speaking people in the audience?

Cubans.

JMO
12-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Cubans.

I am just curious, were you there? or did you hear that from someone else? or you making a educated guess? I am just wondering how many white Americans went to the debate, or was this a legit audience of Spanish speaking people.