PDA

View Full Version : BuzzFeed Article on Rand Paul

anaconda
02-14-2017, 06:54 PM
Decent article I think. Sort of sums up and updates where Rand is headed:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tariniparti/how-rand-paul-is-navigating-the-trump-presidency?utm_term=.ntDPjNjJP#.ij5YMEM2Y

afwjam
02-14-2017, 09:10 PM
Good read

dannno
02-14-2017, 09:32 PM
This is the only part I found really interesting.

[Rand] also announced his opposition to the “rumors” about Abrams on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, a show Trump is known to watch regularly, specifically calling Abrams a NeverTrumper during the segment and stressing that Abrams was the one against Trump. A day later Abrams was reportedly out of the running after Trump learned of Abrams’ criticism of his candidacy last year.

Can somebody tell me why RAND was doing the media's job here? I mean, ffs, why does it have to be our guy who comes out with the hidden secret that changes Trump's mind on an absolutely atrocious, establishment pick? I mean, it was great that he did it, it just is very telling that he is the one who had to do it.

anaconda
02-15-2017, 12:27 AM
This is the only part I found really interesting.

Can somebody tell me why RAND was doing the media's job here? I mean, ffs, why does it have to be our guy who comes out with the hidden secret that changes Trump's mind on an absolutely atrocious, establishment pick? I mean, it was great that he did it, it just is very telling that he is the one who had to do it.

And I found it a little disturbing that Trump may be making cabinet picks by getting ideas from watching Morning Joe. And additionally disturbing that Trump may not have been aware of Abrams' earlier criticism.

dannno
02-15-2017, 12:38 AM
And I found it a little disturbing that Trump may be making cabinet picks by getting ideas from watching Morning Joe.

He didn't make his cabinet pick by getting ideas from watching Morning Joe, he got them by listening to Rand Paul, a guy he has played golf with and has had many interactions with, who happened to be on the show..

anaconda
02-15-2017, 01:15 AM
He didn't make his cabinet pick by getting ideas from watching Morning Joe, he got them by listening to Rand Paul, a guy he has played golf with and has had many interactions with, who happened to be on the show..

The proximity in time of the Morning Joe appearance and Trump's removal of Abrams' from consideration seem curiously close.