PDA

View Full Version : Russia considers giving Edward Snowden as 'gift' to President Trump

Anti Federalist
02-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Russia considers giving Edward Snowden as 'gift' to President Trump, report says

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/russia-considers-giving-edward-snowden-gift-trump-article-1.2969586

Russia is considering sending surveillance leaker Edward Snowden back to the United States as a “gift” to President Trump, according to a report.

Snowden fled his job as an NSA contractor in 2013, when he leaked a trove of documents to journalists that exposed widespread surveillance on ordinary Americans through the bulk collection of metadata.

He fled to and was granted asylum in Moscow, though two unidentified officials told NBC News that internal Russian deliberations show conversations about using him to “curry favor” with the new administration.

Ex-NSA contractor may be indicted as early as this week

Snowden has been charged under the Espionage Act and could face decades in prison, though Trump and other officials have suggested the death penalty.

“Snowden is a spy who should be executed,” the President posted on Twitter in 2013, and CIA Director Mike Pompeo has also suggested that Snowden should be put to death.

The White House did not immediately comment on the NBC report, but the Justice Department told the network that it would welcome the return of Snowden.

"Finally: irrefutuable evidence that I never cooperated with Russian intel. No country trades away spies, as the rest would fear they're next," Snowden posted on Twitter shortly after news of the possible transfer broke.

CIA publishes its rules for collecting American communications

His attorney Ben Wizner, of the American Civil Liberties Union, said he was not aware of any plan to extradite his clien and his Russian lawyer Anatoly Kucherena did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Glenn Greenwald, who broke the Snowden leaks for the Guardian, also chimed in and said "anonymous intel officials can & do claim anything."

Russian officials have expressed warmth to the Trump administration, and a "gift" of Snowden would be motivated at least in part by a desire to have Western sanctions against it removed.

Snowden's flight to Moscow came as the U.S.-Russian relationship soured over issues including the passage of the Magnitsky Act targeting Russian officials, as well as criticism of Russia's anti-gay propaganda law and tensions over the Syrian civil war.

Obama commutes sentence of WikiLeaks source Chelsea Manning

The Obama administration later passed a series of sanctions against the Russian economy for Kremlin encroachment into the Ukraine, though Trump and some on his team have floated the possibility of lifting them.

National Security Adviser Michael Flynn discussed the sanctions with Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak, according to reports in the New York Times and Washington Post on Thursday, despite previous assurances from Vice President Pence that the adviser had not.

Trump himself, who has praised Russian President Vladimir Putin, has questioned the economic restrictions and said in January, "If you get along and if Russia is really helping us, why would anybody have sanctions if somebody's doing some really great things."

Former deputy head of the CIA Michael Morrell wrote last month that Snowden would be a "perfect gift" to the Trump administration, though a Russia Foreign Ministry spokeswoman said that the suggested that the suggestion stemmed from "the ideology of betrayal."

She added that Snowden's right to live in Russia had recently been extended by a "couple of years."

Though Putin and Russian officials once welcomed Snowden, the American has become increasingly critical of his new home's policies on the internet and human rights and some have questioned if he has become a nuisance to authorities in Moscow

Ender
02-10-2017, 07:22 PM
NOT. GOOD.

AZJoe
02-10-2017, 07:42 PM
"two unidentified officials told NBC " "according to a senior U.S. official" "A second source in the intelligence community confirms the intelligence "

The ever reliable anonymous U.S. officials. As Glenn Greenwald points out, Anonymous officials can and do tend to claim anything. Especially when reported by NBC (Neocon Broadcasting Network).

"Snowden's ACLU lawyer, Ben Wizner, told NBC News they are unaware of any plans that would send him back to the United States."Team Snowden has received no such signals and has no new reason for concern," Wizner said."

P.S. anytime they quote an anonymous "senior U.S. official" or "high level" "high ranking", my gut impulse tells me its spinster Lindsay Graham.

jmdrake
02-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Hmmmm....this is like Herod giving John the Baptist's head like a "gift" to his stepdaughter Salome.

http://www.kunsterniert.ch/imagestxt/pics/salome-john-baptist-head-painting.jpg

My respect for Putin just went down the toilet. I already have no respect for Trump.

CaseyJones
02-10-2017, 08:11 PM
text putin with comments about his honor
I at least thought you a man of your honor... etc

Origanalist
02-10-2017, 08:14 PM
text putin with comments about his honor
I at least thought you a man of your honor... etc

Do you have his number?

CaseyJones
02-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Do you have his number?

eh maybe you guys should use twitter

AZJoe
02-10-2017, 08:27 PM
My respect for Putin just went down the toilet. I already have no respect for Trump.

After all the fake garbage presented by MSM, and their anonymous sources, why presume there is any validity to it.
Red flag #1 is msm quoting anonymous U.S. officials.
And it directly contradicts everything that actually is verifiable to date, especially right after Russia just extended his asylum status through 2020.

Putin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov refuted NBC's claims as “nonsense.”

Trusting the msm flinging evidence free allegations against Russia from anonymous sources is like falling for the boy who cried wolf for the thousandth time in a row.

AngryCanadian
02-10-2017, 08:29 PM
Fake News. This was quickly denied by the Russians.

CPUd
02-10-2017, 08:30 PM
I hope he's got a escape plan.

nikcers
02-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Fake News. This was quickly denied by the Russians.

If its fake news then you are calling Snowden a Russian spy? Snowden says that this is evidence he is not a Russian spy.

dude58677
02-10-2017, 08:41 PM
Edward Snowden can't get the death penalty because it is law that the jury recommends the death penalty and judges are open about this from a Supreme Court ruling:

Ring vs Arizona

nikcers
02-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Edward Snowden can't get the death penalty because it is law that the jury recommends the death penalty and judges are open about this from a Supreme Court ruling:

Ring vs Arizona
Trump will kill him, he will get the Saddam Treatment. Trump wants a piece, they are going to make an example out of him.

CaseyJones
02-10-2017, 08:45 PM

Ring vs Arizona

not if he is tried for treason

nikcers
02-10-2017, 08:46 PM
They are going to make examples out of them all..
NSA Contractor Indicted For Stealing 50TB Of Classified Data (http://www.silicon.co.uk/security/nsa-data-theft-205187)

nikcers
02-10-2017, 08:47 PM
not if he is tried for treason
2012 NDAA means that the president can kill anyone anywhere. Rand made the last administration pinky swear not to use it, but I don't think Trump will make the same promise..

CaseyJones
02-10-2017, 08:48 PM
2012 NDAA means that the president can kill anyone anywhere. Rand made the last administration pinky swear not to use it, but I don't think Trump will make the same promise..

that to
they may just kill him no trial

specsaregood
02-10-2017, 08:49 PM
After all the fake garbage presented by MSM, and their anonymous sources, why presume there is any validity to it.
Red flag #1 is msm quoting anonymous U.S. officials.
And it directly contradicts everything that actually is verifiable to date, especially right after Russia just extended his asylum status through 2020.

Putin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov refuted NBC's claims as “nonsense.”

Trusting the msm flinging evidence free allegations against Russia from anonymous sources is like falling for the boy who cried wolf for the thousandth time in a row.

Indeed, when was the last time you read a piece of political news that actually named the source? It seems like 99% of all political news is no more verifiable than any other fiction book.

nikcers
02-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Indeed, when was the last time you read a piece of political news that actually named the source? It seems like 99% of all political news is no more verifiable than any other fiction book.
Well ever since I figured out that everything I read or heard was someone's opinion and not fact I stopped reading and listening to other people.

specsaregood
02-10-2017, 09:00 PM
Well ever since I figured out that everything I read or heard was someone's opinion and not fact I stopped reading and listening to other people.

Feel better now bro?

nikcers
02-10-2017, 09:04 PM
Feel better now bro?
Fake news is not new, that's why was have NSA leaks. If we had real news we wouldn't need NSA leaks. If you have a good source stating why its fake news then you should post it, otherwise you are basically spreading fake news yourself because you are making wild ass assertions without backing them up with anything.

nikcers
02-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Trump supporters after Trump murders Snowden>

1.) Well he said he was going to do it, why is everyone so mad at Trump for doing all things he promised.
2.) Obama started it, Trump has to do it now.
3.) His political enemies tricked him into doing it, he was unaware he signed the order because he didn't read it.
4.) Snowden isn't really dead, its fake news

dude58677
02-10-2017, 09:13 PM
The story could be fake but if not I hope has an escape plan.

dude58677
02-10-2017, 09:14 PM

1.) Well he said he was going to do it, why is everyone so mad at Trump for doing all things he promised.
3.) His political enemies tricked him into doing it, he was unaware he signed the order because he didn't read it.

They are against it and disagree with Donald Trump in the comments section. I do to.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2017/02/10/russia-considering-sending-edward-snowden-back-to-us-as-gift-to-trump/#disqus_thread

CaseyJones
02-10-2017, 09:16 PM

how many of those will dannno use?

nikcers
02-10-2017, 09:16 PM
They are against it and disagree with Donald Trump in the comments section. I do to.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2017/02/10/russia-considering-sending-edward-snowden-back-to-us-as-gift-to-trump/#disqus_thread
FAKE NEWS

invisible
02-10-2017, 09:33 PM
In before some trumpette with Snowden as their avatar starts telling everyone how great this will be.

TheCount
02-11-2017, 06:07 AM
how many of those will dannno use?All 4 in a merry-go-round of worship.

tod evans
02-11-2017, 06:11 AM
Well shit!

Over the last few years Putin has done a few things I actually approved of, now this goes and negates 'em all...

Hopefully it's all smoke.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-11-2017, 06:14 AM
All 4 in a merry-go-round of worship.

Just like your worship of Obama, the guy your voted for twice, "supporting member." :rolleyes:

Zippyjuan
02-11-2017, 01:28 PM
If its fake news then you are calling Snowden a Russian spy? Snowden says that this is evidence he is not a Russian spy.

"No country trades away spies". Sometimes if they have outlived their purpose or if they get something else they want in the deal. This was in 2010:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jul/09/russian-spies-swap-us

Spy swap: US and Russia hand over agents in full media glare

At least one freed western spy to remain in UK after Vienna tarmac exchange for 10 Russian 'sleepers' caught in US

Moscow and Washington orchestrated the biggest and least secret spy swap in decades today, a face-saving handover that transferred 10 Russian "sleepers" arrested in America last week to Russia in return for four alleged double agents.

In the less-than-glamorous setting of a sweltering airport tarmac in Vienna, the 14 agents switched planes in a simple but significant hour-long manoeuvre intended to ensure that US-Russian relations were not derailed by the exposure of Russia's deep-cover agents in suburban America. It wasn't quite Checkpoint Charlie or the Glienicke bridge in Berlin, famous for cold war-era spy swaps. But it was Vienna, with its rich history of espionage intrigue, to which can now be added a curious footnote.

Tonight the agents had their first taste of a new life in the country of their sympathy. The Russian 10, deported from New York on Thursday, landed at Domodedovo airport south of Moscow to an uncertain future. The four westward-bound agents touched down at Brize Norton, in Oxfordshire. It is thought that at least one of them, Sergei Skripal, a former informant for MI6, will stay in Britain.

The 10 sleepers were accused of embedding themselves in ordinary American society while leading double lives, complete with false passports, secret code words, fake names, invisible ink and encrypted radio. Three of the couples had children, some of which were left behind in America as they flew to Moscow.

Because they were not high-value assets in Russian foreign intelligence, the deep-cover agents were not expected to get a heroic welcome in Moscow. But Kremlin insiders said they would not be forgotten either, amid reports that they had been offered apartments and up to $2,000 a month in living allowances.

More at link.

Zippyjuan
02-11-2017, 01:34 PM
https://www.rt.com/politics/376592-snowdens-russian-lawyer-expresses-hope/

Snowden’s Russian lawyer hopes for clemency from Trump

Edward Snowden’s Russian lawyer Anatoly Kucherena has said that he and his client hope that Donald Trump will soon drop the case against the NSA whistleblower and allow him to return home.

“We hope very much that the new US president would show some weighted approach to the issue and make the one and only correct decision – to stop prosecution against Edward Snowden,” Kucherena told RIA Novosti on Tuesday. The lawyer also added that his client loved the US and was missing it very much.

In the same interview, Kucherena said that Russian authorities had recently prolonged Snowden’s residence permit, but noted that it was too early to talk about possibility of naturalization. He said that Russian citizenship could be granted to Snowden no sooner than five years from now.

Kucherena also told reporters that his client was working and also was engaged in charity and rights activism. He noted that Snowden was spending a lot of time in contact with his friends and fans over the internet.

In late January, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said in an interview with the BBC that the decision on Snowden’s extradition could only be taken by either the Federal Migration Service or personally by President Vladimir Putin. He also noted that the decision required much caution as the United States still has the death penalty, which could potentially be applied to Snowden.

In March 2016, then-presidential candidate Donald Trump called the famous whistleblower “a spy” and said that in his view Russia should immediately extradite him to show respect to the US.

Later that year, in October, Russian Ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak said Snowden’s extradition to the US would be impossible on legal and moral grounds. “When Mr. Snowden got stuck at a Russian airport, we did not have any legal or moral reasons to give him to the government of the United States, even for the very simple reason that we do not have an agreement for mutual extradition, because the US refused to have one with us,” he said.

Trump has called him a traitor and says he should be locked up.

dannno
02-12-2017, 12:18 AM
how many of those will dannno use?

Definitely not 1 or 2, 3 seems very unlikely.. 4 seems the most likely, or some other iteration where Snowden is murdered and it is blamed as a false flag against the US/Trump admin.

Of course there is the possibility that Trump willfully does it, I don't think that will happen but it could. In that case that would be a travesty.. but I wouldn't have expected any better from a Hillary admin.

Anti Federalist
02-12-2017, 12:48 AM
Life lessons re-affirmed:

A) Freedom is not popular.

B) If you must tell people the truth, make them laugh while doing it. Otherwise they will kill you.

William Tell
02-12-2017, 08:36 AM
Life lessons re-affirmed:

A) Freedom is not popular.

What the government may do in this case does not reflect what is popular. The last poll showed 30% wanting a pardon and 29% wanting prosecution. https://twitter.com/snowden/status/816770175710195717?lang=en

jmdrake
02-12-2017, 11:29 AM
Well $#@!!

Over the last few years Putin has done a few things I actually approved of, now this goes and negates 'em all...

Hopefully it's all smoke.

This!

AZJoe
02-12-2017, 11:41 AM
The Duran weighs in on NBC’s report of anonymous U.S. officials.
(We know how reliable that has been)
http://theduran.com/russia-will-not-sell-snowden-trump-heres/

the report is groundless and is clearly a provocation. To see why it is only necessary to look at the NBC report itself (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/russia-eyes-sending-snowden-u-s-gift-trump-official-n718921), which makes it clear who is behind it. … It turns out that the story does not originate in Russia. It originates with our old friends the ‘anonymous officials’ of the US intelligence community. …

there is no possibility of the Russians handing Snowden over to the US in order to please Donald Trump. Not only would doing so almost certainly breach Russian law – as Snowden’s lawyer, who has denied the whole story (http://www.westernjournalism.com/lawyers-deny-russia-will-hand-over-snowden-as-a-gift-to-trump/), has pointed out – but it contradicts what … Russian President Putin [said] …when the subject of Snowden was brought up, which is that Russia never hands over people like Snowden once they have gained asylum in Russia…

Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Maria Zakharova has denied the story …

It is just possible that US intelligence overheard some gossip …The various reports the US intelligence community released during the Clinton leaks hacking scandal show that the US intelligence community is not actually very well informed about what goes on in Moscow or how the Russian government works. … Far more likely however is that this is a deliberate provocation, spread by someone within the US intelligence community …

This story is interesting not because of what it says about what the Russians are going to do to Snowden – which in reality is nothing. Rather it is interesting because it shows the degree to which Snowden continues to be an object of obsession for the US intelligence community. …

It is the fact that Snowden is on the contrary a deeply patriotic American who acted from patriotic motives that has the US intelligence community enraged and alarmed. From their point of view having a patriotic American publicly expose their practices Jason Bourne style is a far greater threat … it is far more likely to damage them politically.

This explains the extraordinary feud the US intelligence community has waged against Snowden …

CPUd
02-12-2017, 11:44 AM
https://i.imgur.com/RsnXVBK.png

Zippyjuan
02-12-2017, 11:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDfxcVJXqTc

jmdrake
02-12-2017, 11:51 AM
That's good. You have restored my respect for Putin. My respect for Trump remains in the toilet where it should be.

The Duran weighs in on NBC’s report of anonymous U.S. officials.
(We know how reliable that has been)
http://theduran.com/russia-will-not-sell-snowden-trump-heres/

the report is groundless and is clearly a provocation. To see why it is only necessary to look at the NBC report itself (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/russia-eyes-sending-snowden-u-s-gift-trump-official-n718921), which makes it clear who is behind it. … It turns out that the story does not originate in Russia. It originates with our old friends the ‘anonymous officials’ of the US intelligence community. …

there is no possibility of the Russians handing Snowden over to the US in order to please Donald Trump. Not only would doing so almost certainly breach Russian law – as Snowden’s lawyer, who has denied the whole story (http://www.westernjournalism.com/lawyers-deny-russia-will-hand-over-snowden-as-a-gift-to-trump/), has pointed out – but it contradicts what … Russian President Putin [said] …when the subject of Snowden was brought up, which is that Russia never hands over people like Snowden once they have gained asylum in Russia…

Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Maria Zakharova has denied the story …

It is just possible that US intelligence overheard some gossip …The various reports the US intelligence community released during the Clinton leaks hacking scandal show that the US intelligence community is not actually very well informed about what goes on in Moscow or how the Russian government works. … Far more likely however is that this is a deliberate provocation, spread by someone within the US intelligence community …

This story is interesting not because of what it says about what the Russians are going to do to Snowden – which in reality is nothing. Rather it is interesting because it shows the degree to which Snowden continues to be an object of obsession for the US intelligence community. …

It is the fact that Snowden is on the contrary a deeply patriotic American who acted from patriotic motives that has the US intelligence community enraged and alarmed. From their point of view having a patriotic American publicly expose their practices Jason Bourne style is a far greater threat … it is far more likely to damage them politically.

This explains the extraordinary feud the US intelligence community has waged against Snowden …

CPUd
02-12-2017, 02:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfY-rQHb8z0

Anti Federalist
02-12-2017, 06:38 PM
What the government may do in this case does not reflect what is popular. The last poll showed 30% wanting a pardon and 29% wanting prosecution. https://twitter.com/snowden/status/816770175710195717?lang=en

If this was a sane society, that valued freedom and liberty, those numbers would be 98% to 2%.

ChristianAnarchist
02-12-2017, 06:50 PM
I hope Snowden can get away to another country if possible before the Kremlin gives him up...

Zippyjuan
02-12-2017, 08:02 PM
This was just over a year ago (October, 2015):

https://www.rt.com/usa/317719-snowden-volunteered-prison-time-usa/

Snowden willing to serve prison time for US return

Edward Snowden is willing to serve time behind bars as part of a deal with the US government that would see him able to return to the country, the National Security Agency whistleblower reportedly said in a new interview.

During an interview with BBC Panorama, Snowden said that “of course” he was ready to spend time in prison in exchange for a return to the US, according to the Guardian. He told the interviewer that, in fact, he himself had “volunteered” to submit to a jail sentence.

“I’ve volunteered to go to prison with the government many times,” he said in the interview, which is set to air on Monday evening. “What I won’t do is I won’t serve as a deterrent to people trying to do the right thing in difficult situations.”

Despite Snowden’s apparent willingness to spend at least some time in jail, the former NSA contractor said the Justice Department has yet to respond to his proposal.

“We are still waiting for them to call us back,” he said.

AngryCanadian
02-12-2017, 09:31 PM

1.Since the cold war era days Russia/US has never traded away any spies. And Russia would not trade Snowden for better relationships.
2.Snowden already gotten an Russian Citizenship.

Look at what Snowden said in the tweet.

"No Country trades away spies, as the rest fear they are next"

If he goes others will follow.

TheCount
02-12-2017, 09:37 PM
1.Since the cold war era days Russia/US has never traded away any spies. And Russia would not trade Snowden for better relationships.

Not true, they traded those Russian spies who were in New York for some Americans.

Not true. He has temporary asylum which they have extended twice.

Zippyjuan
02-12-2017, 09:52 PM

Look at what Snowden said in the tweet.

"No Country trades away spies, as the rest fear they are next"

If he goes others will follow.

To even apply for citizenship Snowden must be in Russia for five years. He still has more than one year to go- assuming he wants to apply at that time. Not a citizen yet. His permit to stay in Russia has been extended to 2020.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-snowden-russia-idUSKBN1520I9

As for trading, the US and Russia traded spies as recently (as far as is publicly known) as recently as 2010 (see first post on this page).

William Tell
02-12-2017, 10:25 PM
If this was a sane society, that valued freedom and liberty, those numbers would be 98% to 2%.
In a sane society it would be 100%. But if we have a plurality on something we might as well make noise about those things for a change instead of being defeatist about everything.

AngryCanadian
02-12-2017, 11:02 PM
To even apply for citizenship Snowden must be in Russia for five years. He still has more than one year to go- assuming he wants to apply at that time. Not a citizen yet. His permit to stay in Russia has been extended to 2020.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-snowden-russia-idUSKBN1520I9

As for trading, the US and Russia traded spies as recently (as far as is publicly known) as recently as 2010 (see first post on this page).
I dont agree with you on anything as of these three past years.

Russia traded spies as recently (as far as is publicly known) as recently as 2010
No no no. You must be stupid. Snowden wasn't an trade.

AngryCanadian
02-12-2017, 11:04 PM
Not true, they traded those Russian spies who were in New York for some Americans.

Not true. He has temporary asylum which they have extended twice.

He already has a wife, job in Russia.

So you actually believe everything MSM tells you now? :rolleyes:

Zippyjuan
02-12-2017, 11:07 PM
No no no. You must be stupid. Snowden wasn't an trade.

I never said Snowden was traded. I said the US and Russia have traded spies in the past which does not rule out Snowden being traded for somebody in the future.

I dont agree with you on anything as of these three past years.

That's OK. I don't agree with you on anything either but might want to check your supervisor's publications.

https://www.rt.com/news/178680-snowden-stay-russia-residence/

“On the first of August he received a three-year residence permit,” lawyer Anatoly Kucherena told reporters.

He added that Snowden had not asked for political asylum.

“He will be able to travel freely within the country and go abroad. He’ll be able to stay abroad for not longer than three months,” Kucherena said.

The former NSA contractor will be able to apply for the Russian citizenship in five years.

“A foreign citizen, who got a residence permit, will certainly be able to apply for citizenship,” Kucherena said.

Edward Snowden has not yet made up his mind whether he wants Russian citizenship.

“By all means he is homesick," his lawyer said. "It was hard for him to find himself far from home, especially for the first time. Of course, in the future Edward will make up his mind on whether to stay in Russia and apply for citizenship or to leave for the US. He hasn’t done this yet.”
(quotes are from his Russian lawyer)

Zippyjuan
02-12-2017, 11:13 PM

So you actually believe everything MSM tells you now? :rolleyes:

He has a girlfriend but isn't married. She is a stripper from America (pole dancer http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/23/edward-snowden-girlfriend_n_6735448.html ) Unless you can prove otherwise.

http://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/poledance.jpg?quality=65&strip=all
Again from your own sources:

https://www.rt.com/news/230967-snowden-life-russia-fine/

Snowden fine, speaks Russian, still single – lawyer

Kucherena added that according to his information, Snowden has not married yet and is not planning to do so anytime soon.

TheCount
02-12-2017, 11:17 PM

Is that what citizenship means in Russia now? Welcome, here are wife and job, comrade!

So you actually believe everything MSM tells you now? :rolleyes:I'd love for you to tell me your plausible alternate reality for Anna Chapman that does not involve her being a spy.

brushfire
02-12-2017, 11:43 PM
She is a stripper from America (pole dancer http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/23/edward-snowden-girlfriend_n_6735448.html ) Unless you can prove otherwise.

http://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/poledance.jpg?quality=65&strip=all
Again from your own sources:

https://www.rt.com/news/230967-snowden-life-russia-fine/

Am I overlooking something, or did I misunderstand your statement? Neither link says shes a stripper. The first says she's a model and a dancer... The image is an image from her pole dancing.

Some strippers are pole dancers, but not all pole dancers are strippers :) FWIW - she's not much of a pole dancer, I'll give you that. The ones I've seen are quite spectacular, with and without clothes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw4mTnBuHoU