PDA

View Full Version : Trump Tweets Against Business Dropping Slow Selling Merchandise

Zippyjuan
02-09-2017, 02:32 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/trumps-slams-nordstrom-six-days-after-it-drops-ivanka-line-n718396

Just happens to be his daughter's line though. "Unfair!" It came immediately following his daily security briefing. I guess this was the most important issue facing the world.

Nordstrom Says It Told Ivanka Trump Last Month Her Line Would Be Dropped

President Donald Trump hit back at Nordstrom on Twitter on Wednesday morning after the retailer said it wasn't buying his daughter Ivanka's clothing line for this season — a decision Nordstrom said it informed her of in early January.

"My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom," Trump wrote. "She is a great person — always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!"

https://a.fastcompany.net/multisite_files/fastcompany/imagecache/inline-large/inline/2017/02/3068034-inline-i-2-trump-nordstrom.png

President Donald Trump hit back at Nordstrom on Twitter on Wednesday morning after the retailer said it wasn't buying his daughter Ivanka's clothing line for this season — a decision Nordstrom said it informed her of in early January.

"My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom," Trump wrote. "She is a great person — always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!"

Follow
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!
7:51 AM - 8 Feb 2017
25,488 25,488 Retweets 128,758 128,758 likes
"This is a direct attack on his policies and her name," White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer later said of Nordstrom's move.

The tweet was sent at 10:51 a.m., 21 minutes after the president's daily intelligence briefing was scheduled to start.

Spicer said the president was "free at the time" when he tweeted.

The official Twitter account of the president, @POTUS, also retweeted the posting from his personal @realDonaldTrump account.

The blowup comes six days after Nordstrom announced that it would not order Ivanka Trump's collection this season. The luxury department store chain denied that the move was in response to a #GrabYourWallet campaign orchestrated to get the stores to stop carrying the Trump brand in protest of her father's policies.

"We made this decision based on performance," a Nordstrom spokesperson told NBC News in an emailed statement. "Over the past year, and particularly in the last half of 2016, sales of the brand have steadily declined to the point where it didn't make good business sense for us to continue with the line for now.

"We've had a great relationship with the Ivanka Trump team," the spokesperson continued. "We've had open conversations with them over the past year to share what we've seen and Ivanka was personally informed of our decision in early January."

Other retailers have recently stepped back from carrying Ivanka Trump's products. Neiman Marcus has stopped selling her jewelry on its website. TJ Maxx instructed employees Wednesday to toss Ivanka Trump signage into the garbage and mix her clothes in with their regular sales racks, The New York Times reported.

Trump's tweet appeared in the middle of a news cycle that has Trump's travel order on majority Muslim countries facing a skeptical federal appeals court. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Massachusetts, and her Democratic colleagues were also catching air time as they objected to Warren's being silenced in a Senate debate.

It will likely draw fresh attention to concerns over potential entanglements between Trump's family businesses and his presidential power.

Nordstrom stock price has been up since the announcement.

Ivanka was dropping the brand anyways:

Ivanka Trump herself announced she would leave her eponymous brand, after her husband was appointed senior adviser to the White House. The Ivanka Trump brand did not respond to our inquiry, but issued a statement on Feb. 3 that read, in part: "We believe that the strength of a brand is measured not only by the profits it generates, but the integrity it maintains."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/factcheck/ct-fact-checker-ivanka-trump-nordstrom-20170209-story.html

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-09-2017, 02:43 PM
I am negging this thread and the OP. Guess the reason.

A. ZippyJuan is interested in genuine discussion.
B. ZippyJuan is interested in learning from others here.
C. ZippyJuan is a liberty lover who supports the site's mission and posts to contribute to that mission.
D. ZippyJuan repeatedly posts contrary content to disrupt the site.

The correct answer is D.

Zippyjuan
02-09-2017, 02:50 PM

C. ZippyJuan is a liberty lover who supports the site's mission and posts to contribute to that mission.

The correct answer is D.

Thank you for your informative contribution to the thread. Your interest in the discussion is inspiring.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Thank you for your informative contribution to the thread. Your interest in the discussion is inspiring.

Thank you for your 9 year contribution to this site. Your interest in liberty is inspiring.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-09-2017, 03:01 PM
This is about the best publicity Ivanka T could get. Free advertising. I'll bet millions didn't even know she had clothing. Now they will go check it out. Those not selling her clothing line will be on the losing end.

Thanks, snowflake libs!

Zippyjuan
02-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Thank you for your 9 year contribution to this site. Your interest in liberty is inspiring.

Thank you! +Rep.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Thank you! +Rep.

No, thank you!!

CPUd
02-10-2017, 05:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G01nkoEZ8UM

Keith and stuff
02-10-2017, 10:39 AM
While Trump is 100% correct, I'm not sure if the President should be twitting about such stuff...

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-10-2017, 04:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G01nkoEZ8UM

I've seen that guy's show. He's a metrosexual lib. Sort of like Letterman Lite.

enhanced_deficit
02-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Why would Trump family merchanise be selling quickly at Macy's but slowly at NS?
Two and two don't add up.

Godforbid, if few years from now if NS had to close most of its stores due to decreased traffic, who would they blame for that?

Related

Macy's is closing these 68 stores: Is yours on the list? - USA Today
www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2017/01/.../macys...stores-close/96169742/
Jan 4, 2017

http://i.imgur.com/dnLoH1T.png

Why we dropped Trump's menswear line: Macy's CEO
www.cnbc.com/2015/08/12/why-we-dropped-trumps-menswear-line-macys-ceo.html
Aug 12, 2015
(http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?499353-A-year-after-Trump-s-boycott-call-Macys-to-close-100-stores)

CPUd
02-10-2017, 06:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/S4zhnMm.png

TheCount
02-10-2017, 06:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/S4zhnMm.pngI bet all the algo traders have programmed in reactions to his tweets.

undergroundrr
02-10-2017, 06:14 PM

This stuff is so tiring. Anybody want to join me in flagging NCL's neverending stream of zero-content troll accusation posts?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-10-2017, 06:23 PM
This stuff is so tiring.

So Zip can do this for 9 years, but it's a problem when I give it right back to him?

jmdrake
02-10-2017, 07:01 PM

The correct answer is D.

Well you just forced me to +rep Zippy and this thread for your silly neg rep. Trump is a douche and this was a douche move. This isn't TrumpForums.com. It's RonPaulForums.com.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Well you just forced me to +rep Zippy and this thread for your silly neg rep. Trump is a douche and this was a douche move. This isn't TrumpForums.com. It's RonPaulForums.com.

So Zip is doing you a service?

jmdrake
02-10-2017, 07:05 PM
While Trump is 100% correct, I'm not sure if the President should be twitting about such stuff...

I'm sure that he shouldn't be. And I was also sicked by the Obama's appearing on fluff TV like Ellen and Conan O'Brien. And I didn't like Laura Bush going on Rachel Ray. Presidents and first families should be...well...presidential. It's a disgrace. If presidents want to be Kardashians then they should skip the salary and just get paid on endorsement deals.

jmdrake
02-10-2017, 07:06 PM
So Zip is doing you a service?

A broken clock is right twice a day. When Trump does a douche move, posting about it is indeed a service. And I felt the same when it was Obama and Obama did a douche move.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-10-2017, 07:08 PM
A broken clock is right twice a day. When Trump does a douche move, posting about it is indeed a service. And I felt the same when it was Obama and Obama did a douche move.

Zip never posted about Obama's bad moves. Zip only posted glowing labor reports and such from 2008-2016.

Keith and stuff
02-10-2017, 07:15 PM
If presidents want to be Kardashians then they should skip the salary and just get paid on endorsement deals.

In Trump's defense, I thought he promised to skip the salary?

Ender
02-10-2017, 07:17 PM
It Trump's defense, I thought he promised to skip the salary?

He also promised to show his tax returns. ;)

fedupinmo
02-10-2017, 07:20 PM
I'm sure that he shouldn't be. And I was also sicked by the Obama's appearing on fluff TV like Ellen and Conan O'Brien. And I didn't like Laura Bush going on Rachel Ray. Presidents and first families should be...well...presidential. It's a disgrace. If presidents want to be Kardashians then they should skip the salary and just get paid on endorsement deals.

"Presidential". You mean, like royalty?
I enjoy having a real person in power for once, that doesn't have a stick up his ass. Still watching what he does though...

rpfocus
02-10-2017, 07:28 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zippyjuan again." Too bad so many "liberty supporters" want to run posters who don't support Cheeto Mussolini out of town. Trump is not a liberty candidate, has major position stances that Ron Paul would never support which is why Ron Paul refused to vote for him, and has never supported the liberty movement.

fedupinmo
02-10-2017, 07:31 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zippyjuan again." Too bad so many "liberty supporters" want to run posters who don't support Cheeto Mussolini out of town. Trump is not a liberty candidate, has major position stances that Ron Paul would never support which is why Ron Paul refused to vote for him, and has never supported the liberty movement.

Supporting Hillary is somehow better.

http://tammybruce.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/hillary-coughing-282x300.jpg

Ender
02-10-2017, 07:33 PM

WTF does Hitery have to do with this???

NOTHING.

Nada, zip, negative, nyet, NO.

rpfocus
02-10-2017, 07:37 PM

Huh? Who said supporting Hillary is better? I support the person I voted for, RON PAUL! Because I actually support his positions.

http://assets.bwbx.io/images/iTVKK6C4YhsM/v1/-1x-1.jpg

fedupinmo
02-10-2017, 07:40 PM
WTF does Hitery have to do with this???

NOTHING.

Nada, zip, negative, nyet, NO.

That's why they want to run Zippy out of town...

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-10-2017, 07:45 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zippyjuan again." Too bad so many "liberty supporters" want to run posters who don't support Cheeto Mussolini out of town. Trump ZippyJuan is not a liberty candidate RPF member, and has never supported the liberty movement.

Fixed that.

jmdrake
02-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Zip never posted about Obama's bad moves. Zip only posted glowing labor reports and such from 2008-2016.

So fvcking what? It's a bitch move to complain that when someone posts negative about Trump because he didn't post negative about Obama. Are you posting negative about Trump? I don't monitor people who post negative stories about Obama to see if they are "balancing" them with negative stories about Trump. All I care about is whether the story is true or not. And in this case it turns out it's true. Trump did a douche move tweeting about his daughter's business when he is POTUS. If it's not illegal it should be.

jmdrake
02-10-2017, 07:56 PM
"Presidential". You mean, like royalty?
I enjoy having a real person in power for once, that doesn't have a stick up his ass. Still watching what he does though...

LOL that you think a reality TV star who is swinging buddies with Bill Clinton is a "real person." He and Bill are both perverts that have likely stuck a lot of things up a lot of people's asses. Google Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and Jeffery Epstein and "orgy island" and get back with me.

Hell, I'll save you the trouble. http://www.inquisitr.com/3678556/details-about-donald-trump-and-bill-clinton-relationship-with-pedophile-jeffrey-epstein-update/

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-10-2017, 07:56 PM
So fvcking what?

So why do you think Zip is posting these stories?

jmdrake
02-10-2017, 07:59 PM
So why do you think Zip is posting these stories?

I don't give a sh*t. Now why are you complaining about the stories if they are actually true? Hell WHY AREN'T YOU POSTING THESE STORIES?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-10-2017, 08:01 PM
I don't give a sh*t.

Then why did you quote my post and make an issue of it?

Now why are you complaining about the stories if they are actually true?

Why are you complaining about what I am saying if it's actually true?

WHY AREN'T YOU POSTING THESE STORIES?

You can't find these stories? Okay, look here: https://www.google.com/

jmdrake
02-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Then why did you quote my post and make an issue of it?

Are you are really that stupid? I don't care about Zippy telling the truth about Trump. I do care about you bitching about Zippy telling the truth on Trump.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-10-2017, 08:07 PM
I do care about you bitching about Zippy telling the truth on Trump.

You care about me pointing out someone's trolling you for nine years? This guy is actually your guru news source, and you're calling me stupid?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-10-2017, 08:11 PM
Everyone praise ZippyJuan and TheCount! They are your new media source. They are here to help you. You will achieve great things by reading their words!

All hail our new RPF leaders, Zip and TheCount!!!

jmdrake
02-10-2017, 08:12 PM
You care about me pointing out someone's trolling you for nine years? This guy is actually your news source, and you're calling me stupid?

You are indeed stupid. I already explained to you, that I care about the truth more than the source. I'm not a silly punk who is carrying Trump water. And Zippy isn't "my source" dufus. In this case Trump is the source. It's Trump's tweet. Now if you can prove the tweet is fake then by all means do so. But if your only complaint is that it is Zippy posting it, then you are making a complete ass of yourself.

jmdrake
02-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Everyone praise ZippyJuan and TheCount! They are your new media source. They are here to help you. You will achieve great things by reading their words!

All hail our new RPF leaders, Zip and TheCount!!!

:rolleyes: Put up or shut up. Do you believe that the tweet Zippy posted is fake or not? And Trump uses the fvcking National Inquirer as a media source.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-10-2017, 08:14 PM
:rolleyes: Put up or shut up. Do you believe that the tweet Zippy posted is fake or not?

Do you think Zip is fake or not?

jmdrake
02-10-2017, 08:32 PM
Do you think Zip is fake or not?

I believe Zippy to be a real person. I don't trust him any more than I trust you. And I don't trust you. Zippy is a troll and as far as I'm concerned you are one too. If you post something I'll look at the source that you posted from and decide without any regard to whether or not I think you are a troll to decide if the story is credible or not. I treat Zippy the same. What are you doing right now is a textbook ad hominem attack. You're attacking the messenger (Zippy), because you don't have a legitimate attack against the message (Donald Trump inappropriately used his influence to go after a private business on behalf of his daughter.) What Trump did in this case isn't just wrong, it's downright scary. If Obama did it I'd be just as concerned.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-10-2017, 08:35 PM
JMDrake,

You probably don't care what I think, but I think you are an excellent poster here. I like reading your religion forum posts. You said you went to some college in Alabama or Tennessee and I can see where those insights are valuable. I like a lot of your other stuff. That invitation I made to you awhile back might have been corny or whatever, but it still stands. You are also welcome in my house any time.

The trolls are are succeeding in exactly what they have set out to do. They love to see the bickering here. That's one of their goals, among other things. All I am asking is to ask yourself why they are here. I don't have a beef with genuine members on here. If the trolls are going to regularly troll people here, then I am just going to give it right back to them. You are free to read it or not, but I will keep posting it.

seapilot
02-10-2017, 08:56 PM
I believe Zippy to be a real person. I don't trust him any more than I trust you. And I don't trust you. Zippy is a troll and as far as I'm concerned you are one too. If you post something I'll look at the source that you posted from and decide without any regard to whether or not I think you are a troll to decide if the story is credible or not. I treat Zippy the same. What are you doing right now is a textbook ad hominem attack. You're attacking the messenger (Zippy), because you don't have a legitimate attack against the message (Donald Trump inappropriately used his influence to go after a private business on behalf of his daughter.) What Trump did in this case isn't just wrong, it's downright scary. If Obama did it I'd be just as concerned.

In NCL defense, they attack Zip for whatever reason, whenever. This has been going on ages before trump came along. Its a cat and mouse game.

jmdrake
02-10-2017, 09:19 PM
JMDrake,

You probably don't care what I think, but I think you are an excellent poster here. I like reading your religion forum posts. You said you went to some college in Alabama or Tennessee and I can see where those insights are valuable. I like a lot of your other stuff. That invitation I made to you awhile back might have been corny or whatever, but it still stands. You are also welcome in my house any time.

The trolls are are succeeding in exactly what they have set out to do. They love to see the bickering here. That's one of their goals, among other things. All I am asking is to ask yourself why they are here. I don't have a beef with genuine members on here. If the trolls are going to regularly troll people here, then I am just going to give it right back to them. You are free to read it or not, but I will keep posting it.

Thank you. I apologize for losing my cool. This is really where I am. Trump does indeed get attacked at times for illegitimate reasons. I just posted a thread defending Trump's deportation of the woman who was the SSN ID thief. But stuff like what he did with his daughter's business needs to be called out. I'm appreciative of whoever brings this forward. Zippy and Iclashed years ago over 9/11 truth so I am not a fan of his.

In NCL defense, they attack Zip for whatever reason, whenever. This has been going on ages before trump came along. Its a cat and mouse game.

Yeah. I noticed. I usually stay out of it. But what Trump did in this case really really concerns me.

Jamesiv1
02-10-2017, 09:35 PM
And Trump uses the fvcking National Inquirer as a media source.
Forget the 2-headed alien babies...

When the story has to do with war and politics, the National Enquirer is probably closer to the truth than your average mainstream media source.

sadly.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-11-2017, 06:12 AM
Thank you. I apologize for losing my cool.

Hey, no problem, JM. I don't think heated discussions are even that bad. That General Patton guy said that if everyone is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking. Sorry though, if I was a d*ck.

For the record, he needs the swift kick in the ass he never got as a kid (Donnie T, not Zip. Ha ha).

CPUd
02-11-2017, 06:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRRFnPrkFEs

LibertyEagle
02-11-2017, 07:11 PM
//

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-11-2017, 09:21 PM

Heh heh--yeah, cat and mouse. It's kind of a fun game. I must say that I have to tip my hat to Zip. He's slippery like a greased pig.

CPUd
02-11-2017, 11:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4cF_JUWMAEa8L4.jpg

https://twitter.com/TheRickyDavila/status/830642681231577089

oyarde
02-11-2017, 11:40 PM
I could care less if the white house reporters all had to wear Ivanka clothes to get in . I want to see some spending cuts .

Influenza
02-12-2017, 08:19 AM
I could care less if the white house reporters all had to wear Ivanka clothes to get in . I want to see some spending cuts .

You ain't gonna see any of those. Trump promised to increase the budget (walls, infrastructure spending, military spending.) Trumpsters are incredibly stupid to believe a word coming out of his mouth when he pretends he will "do more for cheaper."

Philmanoman
02-12-2017, 08:31 AM
Never seen someone follow another poster around like northcarolinawhatever does zippy lol.

What's with the weird infatuation he has with zippy.

Ender
02-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Never seen someone follow another poster around like northcarolinawhatever does zippy lol.

What's with the weird infatuation he has with zippy.

Love at First Quote?

jmdrake
02-12-2017, 11:07 AM

Corporatism = fascism. Mussolini, the father of fascism, stated as such. Trump abusing the bully pulpit of the presidency for direct financial gain is a new low to an alarming trend. Yes Dick Cheney's Halliburton connections were concerning but I don't recall Bush or Cheney ever doing something so brazen. Don't forget that Trump also thinks that asset forfeiture and eminent domain for private business are "wonderful" ideas. If Trump cuts spending but then forces you to sell your family farm for pennies on the dollar so that one of his buddies can build a strip mall, then what?

AZJoe
02-17-2017, 07:35 PM
What we need is an Affordable Dress Act to force everyone to buy dresses or pay a an extortion fee, er um, a tax fee.

https://scontent.fsnc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/16806817_10154436742624117_1285543376773522871_n.j pg?oh=7453861418fbd4a06867b5325785b1fc&oe=593A1DC7

CPUd
02-17-2017, 07:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/g9nHev6.png

GunnyFreedom
02-17-2017, 08:57 PM
OnlyTrumpers and NeverTrumpers, two sides of the exact same coin of batshyt insanity.

UWDude
03-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Ivanka Trump clothing line reports record sales (http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/322818-ivanka-trump-clothing-line-reports-record-sales)

Once again, Zippy doesnt have a clue what he is talking about.

silverhandorder
03-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Life comes at you fast haters.

Ender
03-07-2017, 10:23 PM
Ivanka Trump clothing line reports record sales (http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/322818-ivanka-trump-clothing-line-reports-record-sales)

Once again, Zippy doesnt have a clue what he is talking about.

Thought The Hill was fake news.

Origanalist
03-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Life comes at you fast haters.

And big government just keeps getting bigger.

Origanalist
03-07-2017, 10:27 PM

Only when they say something bad about Trump.

UWDude
03-07-2017, 10:40 PM

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ivanka+Trump+record+sales&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

UWDude
03-08-2017, 10:01 PM

Zippyjuan
03-08-2017, 10:05 PM

Is that her sales figures for Nordstrom (which was the one saying they were dropping her?)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sales-of-ivanka-trump-footwear-apparel-fell-32-at-nordstrom-last-year-1486814580

Internal Nordstrom Data Show Sales Decline for Ivanka Trump Brand

Brand’s 32% tumble occurred even as the chain’s overall sales rose

Sales of Ivanka Trump’s fashion line tumbled 32% at Nordstrom Inc. last fiscal year, with the declines deepening in the run-up to the U.S. presidential election, according to internal Nordstrom data reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

Amid calls to boycott the brand, Ivanka Trump footwear and apparel sales fell more than 70% in the second, third and fourth weeks of October compared with a year ago, the ....

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Is that her sales figures for Nordstrom (which was the one saying they were dropping her?)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sales-of-ivanka-trump-footwear-apparel-fell-32-at-nordstrom-last-year-1486814580

She's probably worth a few hundred million.

UWDude
03-10-2017, 02:01 AM
As Libertarians, we must stop tweets like this. It is an outrage against Freedom.

timosman
03-10-2017, 02:52 AM
As Libertarians, we must stop tweets like this. It is an outrage against Freedom.

This is worse than Clinton and Gore making fundraising calls from the Whitehouse - http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1997/09/26/fundraising.wrap/

Gore Says He Did Nothing Illegal In Soliciting From White House - http://www.nytimes.com/1997/03/04/us/gore-says-he-did-nothing-illegal-in-soliciting-from-white-house.html