PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Maxine Waters: Trump Must Be Impeached Because Putin Invaded Korea!

charrob
02-06-2017, 11:27 PM
It is often not fully understood just how ignorant most US Representatives are when it comes to the finer details of foreign policy. Members get their news from an even narrower pool of information than many Americans, who are by and large abandoning the mainstream media. They read the Washington Post or they rely on their staffers, who read the Washington Post. Most Members enjoy being considered experts in the issues upon which they are voting, but the fact is they are very poorly informed.

However, there are gradations of moderately badly informed to "whaaat??!?? Did she really say that???" badly informed.

Those are the murky waters we often navigate when we sample the wit and wisdom of Rep. Maxine Waters, a 13 term Democrat from Los Angeles.

In a press conference last Friday, Rep. Waters did not disappoint. Asked by the media why she called for the impeachment of President Trump when he has not yet been a month in office, Rep. Waters replied, "I am not calling for the impeachment yet. He's doing it himself."

She continued:

Let me just say the statement I made was a statement in response to questions and pleas that I am getting from many citizens across this country. What are we going to do? How can a president, who is acting in the manner that he's acting, whether he's talking about the travel ban, the way that he's talking to Muslims, or whether he's talking about his relationship to Putin, and the Kremlin -- and knowing that they have hacked our D-triple-C -- DNC, and knowing that he is responsible for supplying the bombs that killed innocent children and families in, um – in, um– yeah, in Aleppo.

And the fact that he is wrapping his arms around Putin while Putin is continuing to advance into Korea -- I think that he is leading himself into that kind of position where folks will begin to ask, what are we going to do? And the answer is going to be, eventually, we've got to do something about him. We cannot continue to have a president who's acting in this manner. It's dangerous to the United States of America.

Watching the video, the word "Aleppo" was thrown at her from the press corps when she couldn't remember where she was (falsely) accusing Putin of killing innocent women and children.

But what was a real attention-getter was her accusation that President Trump must be impeached because President Putin invaded Korea. The conspiracy theorists angry about Hillary's loss have invented all manner of bizarre explanations accusing Putin of masterminding the Trump victory, but thus far no one has accused Putin of invading Korea.

She meant "Crimea" you might say. Don't be so sure. Members should be given a blank map whenever they talk with presumed authority about anywhere abroad. They should be forced to find the place they are about to start talking about before the microphone is switched on. If they can't, they shouldn't.

Watch for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXPGPMTulDw

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/peace-and-prosperity/2017/february/06/rep-maxine-waters-trump-must-be-impeached-because-putin-invaded-korea/

timosman
02-06-2017, 11:31 PM
Support mandatory IQ tests for you elected officials!

Dr.3D
02-06-2017, 11:57 PM
I'll second that.

Ender
02-07-2017, 12:13 AM
Is there a test for Common Sense? :confused:

specsaregood
02-07-2017, 05:36 AM

Id settle for breathalyzer tests.

02-07-2017, 05:56 AM
They will keep electing her too.

openfire
02-07-2017, 06:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XXVLKWd3Q

euphemia
02-07-2017, 06:05 AM
Impeach Maxine Waters.

juleswin
02-07-2017, 06:06 AM
They will keep electing her too.

This is what happens when you buy into the left right paradigm. This is the same reason why people like Lindsey Graham keeps getting re elected. Also, to be fair to her, she said Korea? not Korea!. It is clear that she was unsure about her answer and was trying to say Crimea unlike Rand who tells you with a straight confident face that the FBI caught Iraqi immigrants who wanted to attack within the US with missiles.

Both were caught spreading establishment propaganda but only one will get criticized for it around here. This is the sort of mindset that makes voters to continue voting lying politicians back into govt.

GunnyFreedom
02-07-2017, 06:33 AM
America! What an amazing country. Only in America could our leaders bomb an actual country with actual bombs and kill actual people, and still not be able to find the the country they are bombing on a map....

tod evans
02-07-2017, 07:19 AM
America! What an amazing country. Only in America could our leaders bomb an actual country with actual bombs and kill actual people, and still not be able to find the the country they are bombing on a map....

Plagiarized onto a 3x5 card for son to share with his history class today...

juleswin
02-07-2017, 07:38 AM
America! What an amazing country. Only in America could our leaders bomb an actual country with actual bombs and kill actual people, and still not be able to find the the country they their predecessors are bombing bombed on a map....

FIFY

Our leaders? Maxine Waters was just entering high school (12 yrs old) when we started bombing Korea. I think its a bit of a stretch to consider her one of the leader who bombed Korea. Also, there is no evidence that she or any other leader for that matter cannot locate Korea on a map. The only evidence in the OP is that she sometimes confuses Korea with Crimea which is actually not that crazy. Both places are 2 syllable words with K sounding names.

timosman
02-07-2017, 10:55 AM
FIFY

Our leaders? Maxine Waters was just entering high school (12 yrs old) when we started bombing Korea. I think its a bit of a stretch to consider her one of the leader who bombed Korea. Also, there is no evidence that she or any other leader for that matter cannot locate Korea on a map. The only evidence in the OP is that she sometimes confuses Korea with Crimea which is actually not that crazy. Both places are 2 syllable words with K sounding names.

This is inexcusable. First there are 2 Koreas. Second Putin would not attack Kim Jong-un. ;)

juleswin
02-07-2017, 11:02 AM
This is inexcusable. First there are 2 Koreas. Second Putin would not attack Kim Jong-un. ;)

We all mistype and misspeak. I am sure if I look through your posting history, I would find a few instances where you have used "your" instead of "you're" or "there" instead of "their" or vice versa. My point is that she misspoke and was trying to say Crimea instead of Korea, a place where Putin annexed.

timosman
02-07-2017, 11:04 AM
We all mistype and misspeak. I am sure if I look through your posting history, I would find a few instances where you have used "your" instead of "you're" or "there" instead of "their" or vice versa. My point is that she misspoke and was trying to say Crimea instead of Korea, a place where Putin annexed.

OK, where is the limit? At what point she could be considered a bubblehead? Do I need a Maxine-English dictionary when listening to her?

phill4paul
02-07-2017, 11:07 AM
OK, where is the limit? At what point she could be considered a bubblehead? Do I need a Maxine-English dictionary when listening to her?

Lol. That would be a tough read.

juleswin
02-07-2017, 11:15 AM

Do you really not see how someone could confuse Korea with Crimea? Not saying she is not an air head but this error is not an indication of her being a bubble head. Even my young self have brain freezes every once in a while where I cannot think of a word in my head. At 78, I am sure I will get way more of that.

PursuePeace
02-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Her and Sheila Jackson "Wikipedia" Lee should get together and go bowling.

timosman
02-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Do you really not see how someone could confuse Korea with Crimea? Not saying she is not an air head but this error is not an indication of her being a bubble head. Even my young self have brain freezes every once in a while where I cannot think of a word in my head. At 78, I am sure I will get way more of that.

Another reason for her not to be in congress anymore or at least not to make public statements. She could stick to voting for all I care.

AZJoe
02-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Utterly clueless. As the article comments, I doubt she could find any of these places on a blank map.

First, "the word "Aleppo" was thrown at her from the press corps when she couldn't remember where she was (falsely) accusing Putin of killing innocent women and children."

Followed by "her accusation that President Trump must be impeached because President Putin invaded Korea."

Unfortunately her ignorant idiocy is not unique, but all too common on capital hill. As the author accurately states,
"It is often not fully understood just how ignorant most US Representatives are when it comes to the finer details of foreign policy. ... They read the Washington Post or they rely on their staffers, who read the Washington Post."

Just for kicks, some more Maxine Waters brilliance:

170 million jobs to be lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEVr9sTwTwY

"I have to march because my mother could not have an abortio (http://www.azquotes.com/quote/687234)n." - my personal favorite.

"Guess what this liberal would be all about? This liberal will be about socializing...uh, um...Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies. (http://www.azquotes.com/quote/660917)"

"It's time for the bully pulpit of the White House to bring the gangstas in, put them around the table and let them know that if they don't come up with loan modifications and keep people in their homes that they've worked so hard for, we're gonna tax them out of business."

02-07-2017, 11:50 AM
This is what happens when you buy into the left right paradigm. This is the same reason why people like Lindsey Graham keeps getting re elected. Also, to be fair to her, she said Korea? not Korea!. It is clear that she was unsure about her answer and was trying to say Crimea unlike Rand who tells you with a straight confident face that the FBI caught Iraqi immigrants who wanted to attack within the US with missiles.

Both were caught spreading establishment propaganda but only one will get criticized for it around here. This is the sort of mindset that makes voters to continue voting lying politicians back into govt.

I am not convinced she knows the difference between Crimea and Korea.

pcosmar
02-07-2017, 12:15 PM
My point is that she misspoke and was trying to say Crimea instead of Korea, a place where Putin annexed.

Defending the false Propaganda?

Russia did not invade Crimea..
nor did they annex it .

They were requested,, and they defended Crimea from the Ukrainian Nazis.

People there voted overwhelmingly for Russian alliance.

Why do you support Nazis?

juleswin
02-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Defending the false Propaganda?

Russia did not invade Crimea..
nor did they annex it .

They were requested,, and they defended Crimea from the Ukrainian Nazis.

People there voted overwhelmingly for Russian alliance.

Why do you support Nazis?

I have been very careful with my words lately cos I am trying very hard not to leave an easy opening for an easy retort to my posts.

I actually did not say Russia "invaded" Crimea, I said they annexed it. To annex a territory is "to incorporate (territory) into the domain of a city, country, or state". I am one of the biggest supporter of Russia on this website and even I would have to admit that is what they did.

Now, you don't have to be a Maxine Waters apologist to understand that she misspoke and ?bout me supporting Nazis? I don't know where you are getting this from.

bunklocoempire
02-07-2017, 12:29 PM
So much fear to shovel, it is no wonder that they get confused.

juleswin
02-07-2017, 12:30 PM
I am not convinced she knows the difference between Crimea and Korea.

Well, I have a feeling that there is nothing I can do to convince u

pcosmar
02-07-2017, 12:35 PM

so ,, you believe she knows the difference.
what point are you defending?

Dr.3D
02-07-2017, 12:36 PM
I'd prefer not to call them leaders.

juleswin
02-07-2017, 12:38 PM
so ,, you believe she knows the difference.
what point are you defending?

Yes I believe that if I had the words Korea and Crimea on a piece of paper and then asked her, which of these two places has asian people in it and which one has white people in it. And which one was just annexed by Russia recently, she would be able to place the pointer on Crimea.

euphemia
02-07-2017, 12:41 PM

No kidding. Maxine Waters should be able to measure her words more carefully.

timosman
02-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Yes I believe that if I had the words Korea and Crimea on a piece of paper and then asked her, which of these two places has asian people in it and which one has white people in it. And which one was just annexed by Russia recently, she would be able to place the pointer on Crimea.

You are holding her to a very high standard. :cool:

oyarde
02-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Only thing that matters here , ( other than Maxine being her wonderful self ) is , which Korea ? Best Korea or just korea ?

timosman
02-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Only thing that matters here , ( other than Maxine being her wonderful self ) is , which Korea ? Best Korea or just korea ?

She should have made it clear. The suspension is killing me.

02-07-2017, 04:11 PM

Point to both on an unlabeled map and give a brief synopsis of both.

GunnyFreedom
02-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Id settle for breathalyzer tests.

They usually vote more rationally when they are drunk.

osan
02-07-2017, 05:36 PM
The truly appalling bit is that Californians have sent her back to the House 13 times.

I think my brain just shut off for incapacity to absorb any more evidence of stupidity for a 24 hour period.

GunnyFreedom
02-07-2017, 05:43 PM
And word to the wise: If your position has you defending Maxine Waters, then you should probably reconsider your position.

osan
02-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Do you really not see how someone could confuse Korea with Crimea?

Pardon me Jules, but are you kidding? They are nearly 5000 miles apart. Crimea. Korea. Not even close.

Virginia - California - Romania - Wallachia

Do those count, too?

Really.

1/2 :)

phill4paul
02-07-2017, 05:50 PM
And word to the wise: If your position has you defending Maxine Waters, then you should probably reconsider your position.

"A word to the wise." I hear that phrase often. It never sounded right to me. Shouldn't it be "a word from the wise.?"

timosman
02-07-2017, 05:52 PM
"A word to the wise." I hear that phrase often. It never sounded right to me. Shouldn't it be "a word from the wise.?"

word to the wise (is enough) - http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/word+to+the+wise

phill4paul
02-07-2017, 05:53 PM
word to the wise (is enough) - http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/word+to+the+wise

Thanks. Clears that up.

timosman
02-07-2017, 05:54 PM

Resist we much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CifYWxJXaI

juleswin
02-07-2017, 06:00 PM

Lol, I have recommitted myself and I have decided that I will no longer be a slave to any personality, politics, race, creed, country, ideology, religion, profession etc etc. My new master is honesty and telling the truth and I could give a fu*kless who I defend or who I offend just as long as I am telling the truth.

I have to say that all the talk about being politically incorrect and not caring who I offend is very liberating. You should give it a try some time.

phill4paul
02-07-2017, 06:04 PM
I have recommitted myself ...

Prayers for improvement.

juleswin
02-07-2017, 06:06 PM
Pardon me Jules, but are you kidding? They are nearly 5000 miles apart. Crimea. Korea. Not even close.

Virginia - California - Romania - Wallachia

Do those count, too?

Really.

1/2 :)

It is two words that sound a like. It's not a question about how far apart the two places are, the confusion lies in the name. I am trying very hard to think of a medication that some nurse confuses with each other because they sound alike and not because they have the same function and I am blanking out. Imagine that, maybe my forgetfulness is coming in at a much younger age :)

osan
02-07-2017, 07:14 PM
It is two words that sound a like. It's not a question about how far apart the two places are, the confusion lies in the name. I am trying very hard to think of a medication that some nurse confuses with each other because they sound alike and not because they have the same function and I am blanking out. Imagine that, maybe my forgetfulness is coming in at a much younger age :)

No, I meant they don't sound very much alike... unless one is deef.

I would note that when one occupies a position such as that of Waters, onus falls upon them to make damned certain they speak with precision and clarity.

I'd jump because the ship you're on is sinking. Fast.

:)

GunnyFreedom
02-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Lol, I have recommitted myself and I have decided that I will no longer be a slave to any personality, politics, race, creed, country, ideology, religion, profession etc etc. My new master is honesty and telling the truth and I could give a fu*kless who I defend or who I offend just as long as I am telling the truth.

I have to say that all the talk about being politically incorrect and not caring who I offend is very liberating. You should give it a try some time.

It has nothing to do with Congresswoman Waters's personality, politics, race, creed, country, ideology, religion, profession etc etc. It has everything to do with the fact that she's dumber than a box of rocks and always has been. Maybe she really is just mushing similar sounding words together. You really think that is supposed to make me feel better about the level of kilowatt-hours turning between her ears? lol Maxine Waters is, and has always been, singularity-level stupid. Dense as neutronium. Reality, truth, facts. These are them.

juleswin
02-07-2017, 07:30 PM
It has nothing to do with Congresswoman Waters's personality, politics, race, creed, country, ideology, religion, profession etc etc. It has everything to do with the fact that she's dumber than a box of rocks and always has been. Maybe she really is just mushing similar sounding words together. You really think that is supposed to make me feel better about the level of kilowatt-hours turning between her ears? lol Maxine Waters is, and has always been, singularity-level stupid. Dense as neutronium. Reality, truth, facts. These are them.

Could very well be that she is dumber that a piece of brownie but this display does not prove anything. She said Korea? in a very unsure way cos even her dense self knew she misspoke. That is not what one would expect from some who did not know the difference between Crimea and Korea. That is my point and it seems like most poster cannot see this simple truth with the incident.

tod evans
02-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Top 10 Outrageous Maxine Waters Quotes

http://humanevents.com/2011/08/27/top-10-outrageous-maxine-waters-quotes-2/

We rarely agree with Rep. Maxine Waters (D.-Calif.), the loud-mouth, left-wing congresswoman from South Central Los Angeles, home of the 1992 Rodney King riots. But recently she said, “We’re supportive of the President, but we’re getting tired. We’re getting tired. The unemployment is unconscionable.” Yes, Maxine, we are also getting tired of the President. And we are getting tired of you as well, and here’s why: The Top 10 Outrageous Maxine Waters Quotes.

1. Tea Party hell: In remarks earlier this month in Inglewood, Calif., Waters went after the Tea Party, telling a group of her constituents (many wearing purple SEIU T-shirts): “I am not afraid of anybody. This is a tough game. You can’t be intimidated. You can’t be frightened. And as far as I’m concerned, the Tea Party can go straight to hell.”

2. Walk the plank: During her August 2011, “We’re getting tired” tirade, Waters also went after the opposition in the debt-ceiling debate: “We were basically held up in raising the debt ceiling until they got all of those budget cuts they demanded. We didn’t raise any revenue, and they didn’t close any tax loopholes. I believe the Democratic Party and the President of the United States should not have backed down. We should have made them walk the plank.”

3. Socializing oil companies: Back in 2008, Waters was lecturing oil company executives at a congressional hearing when she plainly stated her true intentions: “Guess what this liberal would be all about? This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.”

4. Outrageous flag-waving: After the health care bill was signed in April 2010, Waters denounced flag-waving at a Tea Party rally. “I was amazed. I really was. I didn’t say anything to anybody. I just watched-the Republicans were out there-they were having a great time. They were laughing, they were waving the American flag, they were egging them on, and I thought that was outrageous behavior. I really did.”

5. No crisis at Fannie Mae: As a senior member of the House Financial Services Committee, Waters played a key role in allowing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s reckless actions that led to the housing meltdown. Here is Waters, at a 2004 congressional hearing, (and yes, that is the same “Frank” Raines that vastly overstated Fannie Mae’s earnings in order to receive $90 million in bonuses). “We do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac, and particularly Fannie Mae, under the outstanding leadership of Frank Raines.”

6. Right to anger: Way back in 1989, Waters was quoted saying how angry she was, and she has been angry ever since. Here are those 1989 remarks: “I have a right to my anger, and I don’t want anybody telling me I shouldn’t be, that it’s not nice to be, and that something’s wrong with me because I get angry.”

7. White power: Racial politics are always front and center for Waters, as evidenced by this quotation from a 1993 interview with the Los Angeles Times: “Policy, for the most part, has been made by white people in America, not by people of color. And they have tended to take care of those things that they think are important. Whether it’s their agricultural subsidies, or other kinds of expenditures that are certainly not expenditures for poor people or for people of color. And so we have to band together and keep fighting back.”

8. Rodney King rebellion: During the “Why can’t we all just get along” riots in her congressional district, Waters excused the wonton violence, as her constituents were intent on burning down the city. The Los Angeles Times quoted her saying: “If you call it a riot, it sounds like it was just a bunch of crazy people who went out and did bad things for no reason. I maintain it was somewhat understandable, if not acceptable. So I call it a rebellion.”

9. Schedule a meeting: With the financial crisis looming, Waters was mostly worried about a bank that her husband had a financial stake in. Here, she admits that she contacted the Treasury Department on behalf of OneUnited Bank officials, actions which prompted a congressional ethics probe: “I followed up on the association’s request by asking Treasury Secretary Paulson to schedule such a meeting.”

10. Liar, thief: For those liberals who decry harsh conservative attacks on President Obama, let’s hearken back to 2005 and listen to Waters’ comments on President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney: “The President is a liar. Dick Cheney, the chief architect of the Big Lie, is not only a liar, he is a thief.”

timosman
02-07-2017, 08:13 PM
The government running all of your companies is not socializing!:eek:

AZJoe
02-07-2017, 10:07 PM
RPI's Daniel McAdams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJcBdd-x_Hk

timosman
02-07-2017, 10:12 PM
the bombs that killed innocent children - with that level of specifics we can accuse anybody.

asurfaholic
02-08-2017, 12:31 PM
the bombs that killed innocent children - with that level of specifics we can accuse anybody.

Some countries are "exceptional."

shakey1
02-09-2017, 08:29 AM
sounds like just another blithering idiot elected to high office to me.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o6MbsXaNa0LLgQ7DO/200_s.gif

Madison320
02-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Why don't Maxine Waters bloopers make news? Remember how Gary Johnson's Aleppo moment was covered?

shakey1
02-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Why don't Maxine Waters bloopers make news? Remember how Gary Johnson's Aleppo moment was covered?

that was the most coverage he ever got.

AZJoe
02-10-2017, 08:09 PM
At the same press stunt Nancy Pelosi thinks Bush is still President:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr5TKYR64wc

jmdrake
02-10-2017, 08:15 PM
http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/peace-and-prosperity/2017/february/06/rep-maxine-waters-trump-must-be-impeached-because-putin-invaded-korea/

As an African American I wish Maxine Waters could be impeached from the congressional black caucus. Good grief she is incredibly stupid.

seapilot
02-10-2017, 08:39 PM
At the same press stunt Nancy Pelosi thinks Bush is still President:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr5TKYR64wc

Programmer error.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a50J8t3bbIA