PDA

View Full Version : Justin Amash speaks to Matt Welch re: Executive Order on Travel

tsai3904
02-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Justin Amash: ‘We cannot prevent every terrorist attack…we have to at some point trust some people.’

The most libertarian member of Congress explains why he opposes Trump’s executive order while agreeing with the president that refugee screening needs significant improvement

Matt Welch
Feb. 3, 2017

I spoke with Amash again for SiriusXM Insight on Wednesday, at a time when it seemed (to me anyway) that the EO's controversial provisions affecting green-card holders who live in the U.S. had been reversed. Since then the State Department has disclosed that 60,000 visas have been revoked as a result of the order, though if this week is any guide, the reporting on that could soon change a great deal. The bottom line, according to the congressman, is that this policy trend won't change until Republican attitudes change, and that doesn't seem immediately likely: "Right now we are going through a period where we are sort of closing up a little bit."

The following is an edited transcript of our conversation; at the bottom of it you can listen to the first three minutes:

More:
http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/03/justin-amash-we-cannot-prevent-every-ter

Clement Vallandigham
02-04-2017, 01:19 PM
Justin needs to Primary Trump in 2020.

TheTexan
02-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Justin needs to Primary Trump in 2020.

I agree, Amash has always been a nuisance, this would be a great way to put an end to that

Clement Vallandigham
02-04-2017, 01:48 PM
how has he been a nuisance?

CaptainAmerica
02-05-2017, 02:14 PM
justin amash needs to study Rome pre caesar dictatorship ,and post dictatorship of caesar a bit more, the allies,the socci,the pelegrini , the reasons why Rome became brittle and weak.Libertarians seem to have a strong grasp on economics of Rome,but thats not the ONLY reason Rome broke as a republic,and its not why Rome ultimately broke into pieces under dictatorship.