PDA

View Full Version : UC Berkeley cancels Milo Yiannopoulos event amid violent protest (RIOT) - 2/1 - LIVE

Pages : [1] 2

PursuePeace
02-01-2017, 09:00 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Protesters-storm-Milo-Yiannopoulos-event-at-UC-10901829.php

UC Berkeley cancels Milo Yiannopoulos event amid violent protest

A protest at UC Berkeley turned fiery and violent Wednesday night, shutting down a scheduled speech by right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos.
The Breitbart News editor was set to deliver a speech inside a UC Berkeley campus building but hundreds of protesters began throwing fireworks and pulling down the metal barricades police set up to keep people from rushing into the building. Windows were smashed and fires were set outside the building as masked protesters stormed it.

The Berkeley Police Department said people threw bricks, smoking objects, and fireworks at police officers. University police locked down all buildings and ordered a shelter in place.

“This is what tolerance looks like at UC Berkeley,” said Mike Wright, a Berkeley College Republican member said as smoke bombs went off around him. Someone threw red paint on him.

Protesters argued that hate speech isn’t free speech, countering the university’s explanation — free speech — on why it had allowed the event to proceed even as students demanded that the university cancel it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4gtrCKk064

PursuePeace
02-01-2017, 09:01 PM
I just heard someone say a tree was set on fire.

What a bunch of morons.

Brian4Liberty
02-01-2017, 09:20 PM
https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/826992937187827714

Brian4Liberty
02-01-2017, 09:21 PM

What a bunch of morons.

They definitely pushed over a generator/lighting tower and set it on fire.

Brian4Liberty
02-01-2017, 09:28 PM
https://twitter.com/joegooding/status/826992878534660096

PursuePeace
02-01-2017, 09:32 PM
The masks are coming off and people are being exposed for what they truly are.

agitator
02-01-2017, 09:50 PM
MASKED PROTESTERS STARTING FIRES, TEARING DOWN FENCES OUTSIDE MILO SPEECH AT BERKELEY

https://news.grabien.com/story-masked-protesters-starting-fires-tearing-down-fences-outside-1

juleswin
02-01-2017, 10:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khMwEVik_xc

How can anyone protest a man who speaks highly of sexual relationships between old men and young boys? I think every boy should lose their virginity at 13 in an interracial 5somes with much older transvestites just like Milo.

If I wasn't so busy trying to find 4 transvestites to plug all my holes, I would have been out there defending that Trump supporting degenerate.

PursuePeace
02-01-2017, 10:06 PM
On one of the feeds, there were a couple of people who were not part of the protest/riot. The person filming said one of the guys said "build the wall" but I'm not sure. They got attacked and one guy got knocked out. Then another protester came up and hit him with a stick as he lay unconscious, face down in the street.

"NO HATE"
"THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE"

dannno
02-01-2017, 10:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sqbtn60VIM

georgiaboy
02-01-2017, 10:19 PM
bunch of intolerant bigots

oyarde
02-01-2017, 10:34 PM
CalExit Now.

eleganz
02-01-2017, 10:36 PM
This is bad, conditioning the left to think that as long as they get violence past a certain point, public places of free speech will bend to your will.

PursuePeace
02-01-2017, 11:22 PM
Now they're looting a Starbucks.

seapilot
02-01-2017, 11:29 PM
On one of the feeds, there were a couple of people who were not part of the protest/riot. The person filming said one of the guys said "build the wall" but I'm not sure. They got attacked and one guy got knocked out. Then another protester came up and hit him with a stick as he lay unconscious, face down in the street.

"NO HATE"
"THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE"

I just found your thread, I posted a similar in US politic. They tried the same thing in Seattle, but made the mistake of going after a concealed carry with a bat. That did not turn out well for the attacker and ended the crowds aggression.

milgram
02-02-2017, 02:00 AM
The nail in the coffin of the Free Speech Movement

opal
02-02-2017, 02:47 AM
I didn't know the "dangerous ******" tour was still going on.. I thought after the election Milo (feminism is cancer) would go back to work.

dannno
02-02-2017, 02:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZhHm_xQScE

dannno
02-02-2017, 02:53 AM
I didn't know the "dangerous ******" tour was still going on.. I thought after the election Milo (feminism is cancer) would go back to work.

Clearly the work is only beginning.

timosman
02-02-2017, 03:08 AM
Clearly the work is only beginning.

Now with Russian sponsorship!:cool:

silverhandorder
02-02-2017, 05:05 AM
Cal authorities need to be reorganized by God emperor.

PatriotOne
02-02-2017, 05:29 AM
Milo is definitely a provocateur/agitator. People shouldn't be cheering him on. There seems to be a concerted effort on both those representing the left and those representing the right to cause civil war and that should concern all.

goldenequity
02-02-2017, 06:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um2oyy3aeY4

WOMAN IN A MAGA HAT WAS PEPPER SPRAYED BY ANTIFA WHILE GIVING AN INTERVIEW ON CAMERA AT UC BERKELEY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x643kcoc8FU
https://twitter.com/janeygak/status/826998516144697344

ANTIFA BEAT MAN UNCONSCIOUS AT BERKELEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BZvhYkB4xo

Not 'New' for Berkley... February 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGB8oZIpZM8

tod evans
02-02-2017, 06:54 AM

The irony!

Schifference
02-02-2017, 07:04 AM
It is reassuring that riots and violence is limited to uneducated poor people and minorities.

AngryCanadian
02-02-2017, 07:08 AM
teen archer a Thug has deleted his twitter after users had founded who had beaten the old man that was found laying on the streets.

goldenequity
02-02-2017, 07:12 AM
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
If U.C. Berkeley does not allow free speech and practices violence on innocent people with a different point of view - NO FEDERAL FUNDS?

tod evans
02-02-2017, 07:14 AM
If U.C. Berkeley does not allow free speech and practices violence on innocent people with a different point of view - NO FEDERAL FUNDS?

Ca. doesn't neeeeeeeeed federal funds...

So they say........

Strongest economy in the nation they say....

specsaregood
02-02-2017, 07:15 AM

LOL, it sure looks like he is gonna wield that big stick of federal funds for the next year for years.

juleswin
02-02-2017, 07:20 AM

So they say........

The federal govt doesn't have any funds, any funds they claim to have was taken from the states or was borrowed with the states and its tax payers are collateral. I wonder what Donald "the retard J" Trump would say if Californians decided to suspend all taxes to the federal govt. I promise you, it is not California who will be hurting, it is the federal govt and all the states that receive more federal funds than they pay in.

tod evans
02-02-2017, 07:25 AM
The federal govt doesn't have any funds, any funds they claim to have was taken from the states or was borrowed with the states and its tax payers are collateral. I wonder what Donald "the retard J" Trump would say if Californians decided to suspend all taxes to the federal govt. I promise you, it is not California who will be hurting, it is the federal govt and all the states that receive more federal funds than they pay in.

Okay let's get this ball rolling!

What's the first step and how can I help?

juleswin
02-02-2017, 07:35 AM
Okay let's get this ball rolling!

What's the first step and how can I help?

I truly hope in his ego trip, Trump would actually overplay his hand and refuse all federal funds to California which would bring about a real revolution in this country. Ofc, he would not do such a thing, cos he is all talk and no action.

I guess you can help by stroking his ego, go on twitter, egg him on and with just enough luck, he might actually do the unthinkable and end all federal money funds to California and other states where majority of the citizens hate his guts.

specsaregood
02-02-2017, 07:40 AM

If you think CA is paying more in than they get back in total from federal govt monies then you've bought the scam. How many federal dollars alone are spent in CA on the military? No state is getting less back than they pay in. Otherwise we wouldn't have such a big federal debt.

Watch the upstream users cut off the CO river water supply and see how long they hold out.

juleswin
02-02-2017, 07:45 AM
If you think CA is paying more in than they get back in total from federal govt monies then you've bought the scam. How many federal dollars alone are spent in CA on the military? No state is getting less back than they pay in. Otherwise we wouldn't have such a big federal debt.

Watch the upstream users cut off the CO river water supply and see how long they hold out.

They certainly believe that they are getting less than they pay in and if Donald Trump in his infinite ego driven stupidity triggers a revolt, then we all win. I still say we egg the mutherfu<ker on and see if he would actually go through with his threat.

EBounding
02-02-2017, 08:05 AM
As a professional troll, this is the best case scenario for Milo.

CaptUSA
02-02-2017, 08:18 AM
I spoke with my Berkeley friend. (Graduated years ago) He explained that this is part of their written fund-raising strategy.

They invite a controversial speaker, rile up their students, allow the mayhem and publicity to ensue, then sit back and collect the alumni donations. (He worked on a committee responsible for alumni outreach.)

A. Havnes
02-02-2017, 08:48 AM
Milo is definitely a provocateur/agitator. People shouldn't be cheering him on. There seems to be a concerted effort on both those representing the left and those representing the right to cause civil war and that should concern all.

I agree with this statement. Milo is a blowhard who likes to hear himself talk, and he tries to get these kinds of reactions of out people. He's not trying to conduct peaceful debate, or raise awareness to certain issues at all.

The fact that the these morons can cause that kind of damage and get away with it is astounding, but also astounding how so many people are caught up enough in identity politics that they're willing to support Milo just because of the way these students behaved.

seapilot
02-02-2017, 08:53 AM

This one and the one in DC. They hate Starbucks.

PatriotOne
02-02-2017, 09:01 AM

silverhandorder
02-02-2017, 09:06 AM
I truly hope in his ego trip, Trump would actually overplay his hand and refuse all federal funds to California which would bring about a real revolution in this country. Ofc, he would not do such a thing, cos he is all talk and no action.

I guess you can help by stroking his ego, go on twitter, egg him on and with just enough luck, he might actually do the unthinkable and end all federal money funds to California and other states where majority of the citizens hate his guts.

You called it wrong on Trump losing like 5 times. I will sleep well knowing he is going to win this cinfrontation with communist aswell.

Slave Mentality
02-02-2017, 09:16 AM
I guess it's hard to kick too much ass with skinny jeans and limp wrists.

angelatc
02-02-2017, 09:20 AM

God forbid we use words to agitate people.

angelatc
02-02-2017, 09:23 AM
I agree with this statement. Milo is a blowhard who likes to hear himself talk, and he tries to get these kinds of reactions of out people. He's not trying to conduct peaceful debate, or raise awareness to certain issues at all.

The fact that the these morons can cause that kind of damage and get away with it is astounding, but also astounding how so many people are caught up enough in identity politics that they're willing to support Milo just because of the way these students behaved.

I do not know if I support Milo but I support everybody's right to speak freely. That includes the KKK, the Black Panthers, the Communists, and the Libertarians.

So put me on that list.

juleswin
02-02-2017, 09:26 AM
You called it wrong on Trump losing like 5 times. I will sleep well knowing he is going to win this cinfrontation with communist aswell.

That is true, there is a quote I would like to share with you "you can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public". I made the fatal error of underestimating the stupidity of the general public and I will never live that event down. It would follow me around on this forum until the day this forums shuts down.

The irony of the quote I posted is that the person who is credited with making this quote actually supported Donald Trump. This also goes to show that even a stupid person wins sometimes. Well, he went from supporting Hillary to Bernie to Trump. So we can tell he is not the sharpest tool in the shelf, but he had one hell of a quote which I would gladly use to bash him in the head along with all the Trump supporting, Milo dick riders on this forum.

tod evans
02-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Sooooooo,

Getting back to Calexit...

Madison320
02-02-2017, 09:51 AM
If students would major in stuff that's hard like engineering they wouldn't have time for protests.

juleswin
02-02-2017, 10:04 AM
If students would major in stuff that's hard like engineering they wouldn't have time for protests.

This is another misconception about universities. Go to any graduating ceremony in any of these major universities and pick up the little book with the list of the graduating students from each department and you will see that departments like engineering, biology, physics, chemistry, business admin, accountancy, education etc still account for over 90% of the graduating class. We all hear about gender studies, race studies etc etc but those are just small small fraction of the people that graduate from these universities.

Believe me, if they have time to go to the stadiums and watch football every other Saturday, they have time to go out and protest when there is no football on campus. Also put into consideration this happened before mid terms when most people are still maintaining their A grades. This is happening because Trump is very unpopular and Milo is a vile, Trump supporting, degenerate, shit stirrer who is going there to provoke people.

I am supporting any violence or property destruction but at the same time, I would not put anything on the line to defend him.

CaptUSA
02-02-2017, 10:09 AM
This is happening because Trump is very unpopular and Milo is a vile, Trump supporting, degenerate, shit stirrer who is going was invited there to provoke people.

FTFY. Check out my post earlier in this thread. This was all a choreographed money-game.

specsaregood
02-02-2017, 10:26 AM
This is another misconception about universities. Go to any graduating ceremony in any of these major universities and pick up the little book with the list of the graduating students from each department and you will see that departments like engineering, biology, physics, chemistry, business admin, accountancy, education etc still account for over 90% of the graduating class. We all hear about gender studies, race studies etc etc but those are just small small fraction of the people that graduate from these universities.

At UC Berkeley, L&S Social Sciences Division (The 12 departments that comprise the Social Sciences Division — African American Studies, Anthropology, Demography, Economics, Ethnic Studies, Geography, Gender and Women’s Studies, History, Linguistics, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology )
Is by far the largest division/school of graduates. More than double the next closest school: Social Services: 2230.8, L&S Administered Programs: 848 (and this is really a hodgepodge of areas of study)
http://opa.berkeley.edu/degrees_awarded

So yeah, sounds like a crap load of gender studies, race studies, etc graduates coming from this fine institution.

timosman
02-02-2017, 10:28 AM

Isn't this a nice sight to see?:cool:

timosman
02-02-2017, 10:31 AM

Trolling should be forbidden? :cool:

timosman
02-02-2017, 10:32 AM

So they say........

Look at the size of the bubble here!;)

juleswin
02-02-2017, 10:36 AM
At UC Berkeley, L&S Social Sciences Division (The 12 departments that comprise the Social Sciences Division — African American Studies, Anthropology, Demography, Economics, Ethnic Studies, Geography, Gender and Women’s Studies, History, Linguistics, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology )
Is by far the largest division/school of graduates. More than double the next closest school: Social Services: 2230.8, L&S Administered Programs: 848 (and this is really a hodgepodge of areas of study)
http://opa.berkeley.edu/degrees_awarded

So yeah, sounds like a crap load of gender studies, race studies, etc graduates coming from this fine institution.

Yea, but you will want to see the breakdown. I have attended graduation ceremonies at UTD, Loyola in Chicago, NWMSU, Boston College, my 2 different degrees etc etc and when you actually look at the break down of the departments, you would see that the gender/race studies are barely represented in the final count.

Btw, do you know that the 2nd most popular major of people going to medical school is psychology? But technically, someone would look at it and just dismiss the degree because it is under social sciences. I have been to way too many graduations and it is something I try to look at when I am there. I am here to tell you that this idea that universities and graduating hordes of social science and humanity majors is a myth.

jllundqu
02-02-2017, 10:37 AM
I don't agree with all Milo says, but I approve of his methods. He can agitate whoever the hell he wants to. He is proving that the left pays lip service to free speech and tolerance. I say keep trolling, Milo

juleswin
02-02-2017, 10:40 AM
FTFY. Check out my post earlier in this thread. This was all a choreographed money-game.

Yea, whatever shenanigan they are play, I want no part of it. Tar and feather the a**hole for all I care. I will wash my hands off him and stay the hell away from this train wreak.

timosman
02-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Yea, whatever shenanigan they are play, I want no part of it. Tar and feather the a**hole for all I care. I will wash my hands off him and stay the hell away from this train wreak.

How libertarian of you!:cool:

CaptUSA
02-02-2017, 10:42 AM

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

angelatc
02-02-2017, 10:47 AM
I don't agree with all Milo says, but I approve of his methods. He can agitate whoever the hell he wants to. He is proving that the left pays lip service to free speech and tolerance. I say keep trolling, Milo

I saw this on Facebook and thought it summarized him quite succinctly:
A greek-born jewish libertarian homosexual who sucks black cock. How could berkeley hate him? He uses political statistics mixed with satire in exactly the same way as Bill Maher, Steven Colbert and Jon Daily - but the targets are the left. They label it hate speech, and claim it's not protected. They can dish it out, but they can't take it. And Berkeley didn't protest Milo's speech. He didn't even get to give one. The former bastion of free speech (even if it is painful) became the epicenter of the new BrownShirt Movement that the left projects so much on the Alt Right. Burning, destroying, pepper spraying and then punching women. Milo is doing the best job of portraying the violence and insanity of the left better than anyone has ever done - and making the left prove to the white working middle class they so desperately need to ever win another election that they are a bunch of whack-a-loons who can never be trusted.

juleswin
02-02-2017, 10:51 AM
How libertarian of you!:cool:

That I do not want waste an oz of energy defending a pedofriendly, Trump supporting degenerate? We all have to pick our battles, waste your energy on him, for me, I just decided that this is not going to be my battleground. I would save my outrage for a more deserving person.

At the end of the day, we have to choose our fights and what could be more libertarian than that?

seapilot
02-02-2017, 10:52 AM

Whether deliberate or not, this is causing many on the right to yell for the Feds to do something. This is very bad response to bad actors. Seems the local officials are not doing anything to mitigate it either.

Everyone thought the absolute police state would come under Obama. It could not because of likely resistance from gun owners, military etc. Now the pieces are getting placed for it to steam roll in with people cheering for it.

smokemonsc
02-02-2017, 10:53 AM
Yea, but you will want to see the breakdown. I have attended graduation ceremonies at UTD, Loyola in Chicago, NWMSU, Boston College, my 2 different degrees etc etc and when you actually look at the break down of the departments, you would see that the gender/race studies are barely represented in the final count.

Btw, do you know that the 2nd most popular major of people going to medical school is psychology? But technically, someone would look at it and just dismiss the degree because it is under social sciences. I have been to way too many graduations and it is something I try to look at when I am there. I am here to tell you that this idea that universities and graduating hordes of social science and humanity majors is a myth.

NPR had a really good study on this:

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2014/05/09/310114739/whats-your-major-four-decades-of-college-degrees-in-1-graph

Was up to only 2011 though.

Schifference
02-02-2017, 11:00 AM
If a liberal were due to speak and conservatives rioted, would it end with one arrest?

timosman
02-02-2017, 11:05 AM
That I do not want waste an oz of energy defending a pedofriendly, Trump supporting degenerate? We all have to pick our battles, waste your energy on him, for me, I just decided that this is not going to be my battleground. I would save my outrage for a more deserving person.

At the end of the day, we have to choose our fights and what could be more libertarian than that?

So you no longer call for him to be tarred and feathered? It seems somebody is backpedalling. Nice. :cool:

juleswin
02-02-2017, 11:08 AM
Whether deliberate or not, this is causing many on the right to yell for the Feds to do something. This is very bad response to bad actors. Seems the locals are not doing anything to mitigate it either.

Everyone thought the absolute police state would come under Obama. It could not because of likely resistance from gun owners, military etc. Now the pieces are getting placed for it to steam roll in with people cheering for it.

You know, I have been rethinking a lot my old political stance since a lot the people in the moement I used to listen and trust have essentially shown me that they are frauds and liars. Normally, I would say calling the feds for any reason whatsoever is a no no.

But when you have really bad actors destroying private property, causing trouble and there is a protection service called the federal govt that you pay money to every year not really doing anything. I have no problem at all with the people being damaged calling in their protection service to come in and clear the trash. I am not necessarily trilled with the people on the "right" living in other states and not directly connected to the crisis calling the feds. And if they leave after they are called in, I have no problem with bringing in the fed. It is a risk I am wiling to take.

I also can see your point, how the protesters and some in the right are playing right into the hands of the police state, but violent protesters are not going to take care of themselves by doing nothing. If the people being damaged cannot take care of the problem, by all means call the feds. Maybe next time people will think twice before going on a destruction rampage.

seapilot
02-02-2017, 11:11 AM
If a liberal were due to speak and conservatives rioted, would it end with one arrest?

I have never observed conservatives riot. Is it even possible for them to?

timosman
02-02-2017, 11:13 AM

The conservatives usually employ logic in their arguments so no need to get emotional. :cool:

Brian4Liberty
02-02-2017, 11:14 AM

Hard to say how many of the black-block rioters are actually students.

juleswin
02-02-2017, 11:14 AM
So you no longer call for him to be tarred and feathered? It seems somebody is backpedalling. Nice. :cool:

For all I care, is an idiom I am using to express the fact that I do not care either way what happens to Milo. Tar and feather him, give him a big orgy, every Trump supporter on this forum forming a queue to toss his salad etc etc. It makes no difference to me.

If not caring for his welfare makes me not a libertarian, then I do not want to ever be called a libertarian. Also, please the last sentence very carefully before asking me another question.

Madison320
02-02-2017, 11:16 AM

Believe me, if they have time to go to the stadiums and watch football every other Saturday, they have time to go out and protest when there is no football on campus. Also put into consideration this happened before mid terms when most people are still maintaining their A grades. This is happening because Trump is very unpopular and Milo is a vile, Trump supporting, degenerate, $#@! stirrer who is going there to provoke people.

I am supporting any violence or property destruction but at the same time, I would not put anything on the line to defend him.

Looking at this list I'd say conservatively that well over half are easy and worthless:

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/20...ees-in-1-graph

timosman
02-02-2017, 11:18 AM
For all I care, is an idiom I am using to express the fact that I do not care either way what happens to Milo. Tar and feather him, give him a big orgy, every Trump supporter on this forum forming a queue to toss his salad etc etc. It makes no difference to me.

If not caring for his welfare makes me not a libertarian, then I do not want to ever be called a libertarian. Also, please the last sentence very carefully before asking me another question.

It seems to me if you were as disinterested as you describe you would not be posting in this thread. (This is not a question)

juleswin
02-02-2017, 11:27 AM
NPR had a really good study on this:

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2014/05/09/310114739/whats-your-major-four-decades-of-college-degrees-in-1-graph

Was up to only 2011 though.

Thanks for posting this cos this is in line with what I have witnessed at graduation ceremonies. This misnomer that colleges is filled with SJW majors needs to die fast. You read comments sections of articles on yahoo talking about some nutty social science professor and you see lots of people saying that they are not going to send their kids to university anymore because one university had A nutty professor in it.

Complete and utter rubbish.

Madison320
02-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Hard to say how many of the black-block rioters are actually students.

I guess it's not really the protesting that bothers me so much. It's more the stories you hear about teachers pushing socialist agendas in their classroom. If you were taking real classes like math, science, and english where you are learning real skills, you wouldn't be talking about politics in class.

timosman
02-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Thanks for posting this cos this is in line with what I have witnessed at graduation ceremonies. This misnomer that colleges is filled with SJW majors needs to die fast. You read comments sections of articles on yahoo talking about some nutty social science professor and you see lots of people saying that they are not going to send their kids to university anymore because one university had A nutty professor in it.

The professor was not nutty?:cool:

juleswin
02-02-2017, 11:34 AM
Looking at this list I'd say conservatively that well over half are easy and worthless:

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/20...ees-in-1-graph

Saying something is easy doesn't mean it is worthless, take for example, graduating nursing school is easy but it is definitely not worthless. So my question is this, what percentage of those majors do you think is worthless?

seapilot
02-02-2017, 11:36 AM
I think campuses probably have a lot more socialists than the rest of the country percentage wise. As with the rest of the country they are the most vocal, manipulative minority that tries to control everyone else. College students are peer oriented and most probably do not want to start controversy, especially with a nut crazed socialists barking at them for having any opinion contrary to theirs.

juleswin
02-02-2017, 11:40 AM
I guess it's not really the protesting that bothers me so much. It's more the stories you hear about teachers pushing socialist agendas in their classroom. If you were taking real classes like math, science, and english where you are learning real skills, you wouldn't be talking about politics in class.

Btw, some of the most controversial politics discussion most people have in colleges come during the English class. The problem is not that people aren't taking math, science and English classes, it is that they have to satisfy the humanity and social science course requirements to graduate. And remember its only about 2-3 class for most people while they end of taking dozens of courses tailored for their majors like economics, business, accountancy, chemisty, physics, biology, maths, english etc classes.

angelatc
02-02-2017, 11:40 AM
That I do not want waste an oz of energy defending a pedofriendly, Trump supporting degenerate? ?

We're not defending what he is. We're defending his right to say any damned thing he wants to say.

angelatc
02-02-2017, 11:43 AM
The conservatives usually employ logic in their arguments so no need to get emotional. :cool:

Unfortunately for us, emotions are what win elections.

timosman
02-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Unfortunately for us, emotions are what win elections.

It is time to start calling this shit out.

specsaregood
02-02-2017, 11:53 AM

Have you ever been to Berkeley?

JK/SEA
02-02-2017, 11:55 AM

at this rate, it won't be too long before these 'tolerant' liberals find out that there are people who identify as conservatives, are better at violence.

timosman
02-02-2017, 12:25 PM
I think campuses probably have a lot more socialists than the rest of the country percentage wise. As with the rest of the country they are the most vocal, manipulative minority that tries to control everyone else. College students are peer oriented and most probably do not want to start controversy, especially with a nut crazed socialists barking at them for having any opinion contrary to theirs.

This would totally destroy their chances of getting laid.:cool:

dannno
02-02-2017, 12:35 PM

I also like how they included "education" in their list of degrees that are useful... Ya.. becoming a propaganda piece for the state is soooooo useful..

timosman
02-02-2017, 12:38 PM
I also like how they included "education" in their list of degrees that are useful... Ya.. becoming a propaganda piece for the state is soooooo useful..

Do you know better jobs they would be qualified for?:cool:

juleswin
02-02-2017, 12:46 PM

Never been to Berkley but I have a feeling that the legend about it is just as exaggerated as the myth of the Oh so Marxist breading ground that isThe American University campus

juleswin
02-02-2017, 12:48 PM

Don't forget the vaccine pushing Medical doctors or the fluoride pushing dentists or climate change pushing geologists and physicists or lower emission enacting engineers etc etc. Teacher are not a lone in their pushing of govt propaganda.

specsaregood
02-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Never been to Berkley but I have a feeling that the legend about it is just as exaggerated as the myth of the Oh so Marxist breading ground that isThe American University campus

Its really not. A big bulk of the people getting to good useful degrees you mentioned are Asian/indian and they are not the ones rioting.

juleswin
02-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Its really not. A big bulk of the people getting to good useful degrees you mentioned are Asian/indian and they are not the ones rioting.

Another myth that I am just too lazy to debunk right now. I can give my anecdotal experience but even I know it is not adequate enough to dissuade you. But if it makes you sleep better at night, keep believing that the majority of people getting good degrees are Asians and Indians.

Hint, it is still white people.

specsaregood
02-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Another myth that I am just too lazy to debunk right now. I can give my anecdotal experience but even I know it is not adequate enough to dissuade you. But if it makes you sleep better at night, keep believing that the majority of people getting good degrees are Asians and Indians.

Having been there and known people that went there and that taught there.... well I'll take my anecdotal experience over yours. fwiw: Less than a 1/4 of their students are white.

Brian4Liberty
02-02-2017, 01:11 PM

He is talking about Berkeley. If you have never been there, and know nothing about it, then you might want to refrain from making up facts.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Saying something is easy doesn't mean it is worthless, take for example, graduating nursing school is easy but it is definitely not worthless. So my question is this, what percentage of those majors do you think is worthless?
Most of them, including the biggest share: business.

juleswin
02-02-2017, 05:00 PM

Oh lookie, skip to 1:31. It turns out one of the protest organizers is Asian. I mean, how could that be? I was under the impression that all the Asians were busy studying for the bio chem midterms and too busy being organizers of the protest against The Pedofriendly Milo.

Oh well, it could just be the exception to the rule. Ignore the anomaly and go back to believing the hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT6evMeR-r8

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-02-2017, 05:14 PM

That was probably just the Stanford University mascot.

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/688098/20140220_gav_aj8_313.0.0.jpg

specsaregood
02-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Oh lookie, skip to 1:31. It turns out one of the protest organizers is Asian. I mean, how could that be? I was under the impression that all the Asians were busy studying for the bio chem midterms and too busy being organizers of the protest against The Pedofriendly Milo.

Oh well, it could just be the exception to the rule. Ignore the anomaly and go back to believing the hype.

big whoop. There are more Asians and Indians that are students there than white people, so color me unsurprised. IT doesn't have to be an anomaly at all when they are they are the plurality of the student campus. My statement still stands, I never said ALL Asians and Indians were going for bio chem degrees.

anaconda
02-02-2017, 08:01 PM
The nail in the coffin of the Free Speech Movement

What's the "hate speech" by Milo that they are rioting and looting over? Did he call another actress "fat" or something?

PatriotOne
02-02-2017, 08:18 PM
God forbid we use words to agitate people.

I get that but some seem to of weaponized it.

angelatc
02-03-2017, 12:01 AM
What's the "hate speech" by Milo that they are rioting and looting over? Did he call another actress "fat" or something?

We do not know because they won't let him talk.

dannno
02-03-2017, 12:12 AM

He debunks the gender wage gap and talks about how much feminism is hurting everybody.

timosman
02-03-2017, 12:24 AM
I get that but some seem to of weaponized it.

Yeah, some add them to Molotov's cocktails.:cool:

timosman
02-03-2017, 12:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEiYZDuwIWg

agitator
02-03-2017, 02:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlFPww0BAjM

AZJoe
02-03-2017, 05:59 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16299064_1859786710901576_1449909062901421575_n.jp g?oh=f6b1b3b2cc11812f408eae9d7d78351f&oe=594C574B

tod evans
02-03-2017, 07:29 AM

2:55 the reporter said UC gets 4 billion dollars of fed money annually!

That's 4-fucking-billion!

[edit]

I stand corrected.

juleswin
02-03-2017, 07:49 AM
2:55 the reporter said UC Berkley gets 4 billion dollars of fed money annually!

That's 4-$#@!ing-billion!

You still have to understand that the FEDs are getting something valuable to them for their money. Some of the more advanced technologies the US uses to dominate is not researched in some University in the Stix, a lot of them come from the University of California school systems.

Also, one can tell who the parasite in the relation is by the party that blinks first. The FEDs know this which is why they would not pull any funds from the school system. I hope I am wrong on this.

Edit: Touche

tod evans
02-03-2017, 08:14 AM
You still have to understand that the FEDs are getting something valuable to them for their money. Some of the moved advanced technologies the US uses to dominate is not researched in some University in the Stix, a lot of them come from the University of California school systems.

Also, one can tell who the parasite in the relation is by the party that blinks first. The FEDs know this which is why they would not pull any funds from the school system. I hope I am wrong on this.

Lastly, the University of California school system has 240k students in it not 40k and half of that money is used for research, so its $2 billion divided by 240k people which gives you about $9k per student in what I assume to be a mix of federal student loans and pell grants.

Fixed my post.

A simple google search doesn't net readily discernible figures about Berkeley's finances only that they have 38,000 students in 2015

silverhandorder
02-03-2017, 08:33 AM
One cutting funding will only hurt parasites.

Two its not a myth and majority of students in the system right now getting shit useless degrees.

Three Milo is awesome and right.

Four violence is on the left. They own it and will get handled properly.

Every argument I heard in this thread to the contrary is biased opinion.

tod evans
02-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Personally I'm for cutting all federal funding of education, every dime!

Eliminate the DOE and everything associated with it.

No fed money for "research" either.

Then cut taxes proportionately for people who work in the private sector but not for government employees.

juleswin
02-03-2017, 08:51 AM

Then cut taxes proportionately for people who work in the private sector but not for government employees.

To your keyboard to Donald Trump's ears. The best way to cut funding to states is if it is accompanied by an eqivalent federal tax cuts. But the feds need the ability to dole out funds because it's a way to lord over the states. They lose all leverage when that ability is gone.

So for that reason, they would keep collecting all the state money they can get away with and redistributing it back to the states. They benefit more from the system we have now.

Anti Federalist
02-03-2017, 09:29 AM
We're not defending what he is. We're defending his right to say any damned thing he wants to say.

Yes, this.

I find both his tendency to mouth off about about his sexual exploits and the exploits themselves repugnant.

Nevertheless he has all the right in the world to express them and his political views, especially when invited and paid to do so.

Same goes for any of these wretched leftists.

I only post some of their more outrageous statements not as a call to have them shut up by agents of government, but to make people aware of what they think of us.

timosman
02-03-2017, 09:47 AM

Fuck research. What has our "research" uncovered lately, say the last 10 years? People like to post on FB? :cool:

tod evans
02-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Fuck research. What has our "research" uncovered lately, say the last 10 years? People like to post on FB? :cool:

Think how much research could be done if productive businesses could afford to fund what was profitable...

Instead they're stuck paying the feds so Mallard Duck orgasms can be cataloged and cross referenced..

Oh! Don't forget "feelings" and all the associated grant money...:rolleyes:

timosman
02-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Think how much research could be done if productive businesses could afford to fund what was profitable...

Instead they're stuck paying the feds so Mallard Duck orgasms can be cataloged and cross referenced..

Oh! Don't forget "feelings" and all the associated grant money...:rolleyes:

This is like the Middle Ages. The time of ignorance and superstition. The FEDs control all the funding and give it to the biggest trolls who would push their agenda. Elon Musk! :cool:

I hope we will live in the enlightenment era one day.

Brian4Liberty
02-03-2017, 10:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlFPww0BAjM

And after initiating violence against pedestrians, the anarcho-pussies start calling for the police to arrest the pedestrians.

AZJoe
02-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Here is a possible recruitment marketing clip for the intellectual quality of an NYU professor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfrouw32Zhc

AZJoe
02-03-2017, 07:11 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2017/02/01/20170203_free_0.jpg

FSP-Rebel
02-03-2017, 08:05 PM

MallsRGood
02-04-2017, 12:09 AM
This has nothing to do with free speech.

Milo's nazis care as much about free speech as Berkeley's bolsheviks.

All talk to the contrary from the nazi side is just rhetoric to gain a tactical advantage in their street fight with their twins.

Generating headlines like this is the entire purpose of Milo's existence.

Fuck 'em all.

dannno
02-04-2017, 12:15 AM
Milo's nazis

That's not an argument. It's also ridiculous.

MallsRGood
02-04-2017, 12:35 AM

The movement which Milo represents is based in nationalism and anti-capitalism: it's really driven by nationalism, with the anti-capitalism just being the default position in our society in general. At its extreme, you have actual card-carrying neo-NAZIs. Most aren't that hardcore, of course, but it's just a matter of degree (maybe they just want to sterilize and/or deport 'the unfit' rather than exterminate them). Likewise on the other side. Some are actual, card-carrying communists; most adhere to some more moderate form of proletarian socialism (maybe just stifle the kulaks rather than murder them).

Anyway, point is, they're all garbage, and it's bizarre to see libertarians cheer when one scores a point against the other.

...which, I reiterate, is all this episode was: point nazis.

dannno
02-04-2017, 12:38 AM
The movement which Milo represents is based in nationalism and anti-capitalism: it's really driven by nationalism, with the anti-capitalism just being the default position in our society in general. At its extreme, you have actual card-carrying neo-NAZIs. Most aren't that hardcore, of course, but it's just a matter of degree (maybe they just want to sterilize and/or deport 'the unfit' rather than exterminate them). Likewise on the other side. Some are actual, card-carrying communists; most adhere to some more moderate form of proletarian socialism (maybe just stifle the kulaks rather than murder them).

Anyway, point is, they're all garbage, and it's bizarre to see libertarians cheer when one scores a point against the other.

...which, I reiterate, is all this episode was: point nazis.

MallsRGood
02-04-2017, 12:42 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/be/7b/1b/be7b1b2a7bbe9a39d9bf19916fc342b7.jpg

dannno
02-04-2017, 12:46 AM
I've already had plenty of dabs.

CPUd
02-04-2017, 12:52 AM
apparently anarcho-communism is a thing now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5lCv24nRmM

Feeding the Abscess
02-04-2017, 01:10 AM

Those on the economic left have fallen under the libertarian (and in this instance, anarchist) umbrella since the beginning.

I don't like it, but it is what it is.

AZJoe
02-04-2017, 04:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=87&amp;v=hwzffeICkP8

John F Kennedy III
02-04-2017, 04:42 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/1izi1i.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/1izi1i)

silverhandorder
02-04-2017, 04:55 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1izi1i.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/1izi1i)

Lol

He has 3 good videos on Berkely. At this point there are lawyers and FBI involved. We going after mayor and dean. Milo is going back. Berkeley is going to be our scalp and communist parasites will start to get arrested.

timosman
02-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Lol

He has 3 good videos on Berkely. At this point there are lawyers and FBI involved. We going after mayor and dean. Milo is going back. Berkeley is going to be our scalp and communist parasites will start to get arrested.

I see a lot of backtracking on the left already. Hillary support drops below 10%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN-eG1zk

John F Kennedy III
02-04-2017, 06:04 PM
Lol

I love that Milo plans to go back. I don't know how he will be able to get permission though. Massive public pressure?

Also I'll have to check out those videos.

timosman
02-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Not everybody on the left is crazy. :confused:

enhanced_deficit
02-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Since Milo is gay, by its broad brush normal reporting standard, why left wing media did not label the protest as "hate crime" ?

timosman
02-04-2017, 06:36 PM
Since Milo is gay, by its broad brush normal reporting standard, why left wing media did not label the protest as "hate crime" ?

Milo is not really a gay gay. He is only a gay.:cool:

heavenlyboy34
02-04-2017, 06:51 PM

https://c4ss.org/ is a way better representative of srs left anarchism than this twat^^

dannno
02-04-2017, 06:51 PM

Milo is not portrayed as a gay conservative, he is portrayed as a white supremicist nazi.. none of which is true, it's propaganda that is repeated over and over.

A. Havnes
02-04-2017, 07:30 PM

Milo is "gay" because of his hatred of women, not necessarily because of his attraction to men.

“Most of the reason I went gay is so I didn’t have to deal with nutty broads. Imagine how much worse they’re going to get when the passive aggressive manipulation tactics stop working because the guy can get himself off with a thinner, hotter robot any time he wants to. They’re going to go mental. In the West, women are surging ahead into positions of dominance in the media, the arts, academia, politics, you name it. Some people will find this offensive, but: matriarchy is a problem for the rest of us. As feminist critic Camilla Paglia so memorably put it, if civilisation had been left in female hands, we would still be living in grass huts. When men start checking out en masse, as is already happening, you can say good-bye to all of society’s best astrophysicists, mathematicians, philosophers, composers and chess players. Scientific progress will effectively stall, because men are just as happy beating a video game as they are solving the riddles of the universe — and they’ll take the entertainment option if they have no interest in impressing women. Women will not take men’s places in these disciplines, because there simply aren’t enough women with IQs over 120. Again, sorry if you find that offensive, but it’s just a fact. IQ isn’t a perfect measure, by any means, but it’s the best gauge we have of whether someone can perform the higher-level functions needed to be a game-changing scientist or transcendently brilliant artist.”

Milo is more of an MRA or MGTOW than a leftist (he honestly can't wait for sexbots to replace females), hence why the left and the right both mostly condemn him. He's pretty much certifiable.

It doesn't mean you should set your campus on fire when he's set to speak, though. This whole affair is just crazy.

CaptUSA
02-04-2017, 07:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=87&v=hwzffeICkP8

The real truth comes at 1:45 in that clip. (the only part that matters)

Read my posts earlier in this thread for more context. It wasn't a protest. It wasn't even a riot. It was a fund-raising set up and this thread is playing right into it. Sad.

eleganz
02-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Lol

source????? I'd like to know more about the Berkley re-visit, I will definitely go for this.

eleganz
02-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Milo is "gay" because of his hatred of women, not necessarily because of his attraction to men.

Milo is more of an MRA or MGTOW than a leftist (he honestly can't wait for sexbots to replace females), hence why the left and the right both mostly condemn him. He's pretty much certifiable.

It doesn't mean you should set your campus on fire when he's set to speak, though. This whole affair is just crazy.

He also states in one of his talks that he loves women, but hates feminists. Should get your shit clear.

silverhandorder
02-04-2017, 11:11 PM

Read my posts earlier in this thread for more context. It wasn't a protest. It wasn't even a riot. It was a fund-raising set up and this thread is playing right into it. Sad.

You see a conspiracy at every corner. Usualy when it has to do with right being right.

source????? I'd like to know more about the Berkley re-visit, I will definitely go for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPgx0M8J2wc

He says it half heartedly but it usually starts with him like that. Cant give you the time sorry.

UWDude
02-05-2017, 03:27 AM
The movement which Milo represents is based in nationalism and anti-capitalism:

nationalism, yes. Anti-capitalism, not even. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are making things up. Find me one milo "anti-capitalist" speech.

dannno
02-05-2017, 05:36 AM

I've been trying to reconcile this the last few days because I know this group has a history of being connected with fed agents as well as being protected by police and here is what I came up with... first of all, Trump admin is definitely not behind this, I don't buy it for a minute. More likely the group is connected with Soros or similar, and they were able to have cooperation with local police and whatnot in past events like WTO protests. When the elite are running these groups and the elite have a puppet in office, it's easy to just lump them all in with "the government", but now that Trump is in office things are a little different.

In one of these two interviews, this girl who was pepper sprayed by a female black bloc rioter in a mask explains that she knew that particular group was going to be in attendance because they had a facebook event and she said that she thought about 300 black bloc protesters attended and most of them had actually SIGNED UP ON FACEBOOK TO ATTEND THE EVENT!! So even though this group is sponsored by the elites, they actually had a lot of people volunteer to tag along, so it's not like most of the time when half the black bloc are fed agents.. these were mostly volunteers working with possibly a few agents.

Lastly, many of the "peaceful protesters" who were not wearing black were cheering on the black bloc protesters violent actions of shutting down the event and running off the Milo supporters and worse.

I agree the WTO protests were mostly peaceful protesters, and they had a few people come in and ruin it, who were then protected by police and then peaceful protesters were attacked - but this is a COMPLETELY different scenario even though some of the players are similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIFYTYNl7ng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thQ-npCxGMQ

She said she disagreed with the official figures, which were about 1,200 "peaceful protesters" and 120 or 150 "black bloc". She said it was more like 800 total, and almost 300 of them were black bloc. This changes the narrative pretty significantly.

Also of interest, I have no way of knowing for certain, but I think there is a small chance I may be acquainted with the black bloc pepper sprayer/girl who broke the front window of the building in the videos.

juleswin
02-05-2017, 06:05 AM
Lastly, many of the "peaceful protesters" who were not wearing black were cheering on the black bloc protesters violent actions of shutting down the event and running off the Milo supporters and worse.

I agree the WTO protests were mostly peaceful protesters, and they had a few people come in and ruin it, who were then protected by police and then peaceful protesters were attacked - but this is a COMPLETELY different scenario even though some of the players are similar.

The same black bloc group came in with violence for the two events but only one had "peaceful protesters" the good one had peaceful protesters who were not cheering for the black bloc people.

Does this idea put forward by the poster make any sense to anyone who has not been permanently disfigured by the Stefan Molyenux ideology?

AZJoe
02-05-2017, 08:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwzffeICkP8

So you're asserting that UC Berkeley is creating all the violent assaults, violence, damage, silencing so they can fund raise. Interesting conspiracy theory, and not a very bright plan by Berkeley. If so, then UC Berkeley and the members of the Board of Regents should certainly be liable, and held accountable.
But the individual criminal assailants are still also responsible for their own criminal violence.

CaptUSA
02-05-2017, 11:01 AM
You see a conspiracy at every corner. Usualy when it has to do with right being right.

I've been trying to reconcile this the last few days... <blah, blah, bunch of irrelevant words...>

Is this what Trump has done to you?! You aren't even able to follow the simplest thought if you think it might contradict some Trump talking point?! (FYI, it doesn't, BTW)

Allow me to make it crystal clear. Berkeley has an alumni association that is responsible for getting their alumni to donate>They have a fundraising strategy that involves inviting controversial speakers to speak on their campus>They encourage their faculty and students to get riled up about "speaker X">The students predictably act out>The event captures national headlines>The calls go out to the alumni>the donations roll in.

It is part of their fundraising strategy - no conspiracy theories involved. I posted this was part of the strategy (from a known source) and then the clip showed a tweet that the alumni calls were going out. Not only did the Chancellor approve the invite, but he also sent out a campus-wide letter ahead of the planned event to denounce the speaker and encourage protests.

Now, did this one get out of hand? Yeah, probably - but it still served its purpose.

dannno
02-05-2017, 02:25 PM
The same black bloc group came in with violence for the two events but only one had "peaceful protesters" the good one had peaceful protesters who were not cheering for the black bloc people.

Does this idea put forward by the poster make any sense to anyone who has not been permanently disfigured by the Stefan Molyenux ideology?

What the fuck are you talking about? This is based on witness observation as well as video footage of both events..

The WTO protesters were horrified that black bloc came out and started doing all that property damage, it was recorded in many of the videos and witness testimony. I didn't see any individuals that cheered them on let-alone whole sections of a crowd... There were only a couple dozen or so black bloc at WTO with over 10k peaceful protesters. This was a situation where literally a few people (1% or less) ruined it for everyone, but black bloc was being protected by police and the peaceful protesters got attacked by police.

At Berkeley, not only was the black bloc A MUCH BIGGER number of people (10 to 20 times bigger, at around 200-300), WITH MUCH MORE VOLUNTEERS (probably 90-98 volunteers compared to probably 50% volunteers at WTO), in a MUCH higher percentage of the whole group (black bloc was about 1% of WTO protesters and they were about 30% of the Berkeley protesters) and even then many of the 'peaceful protesters' were cheering on the black bloc rioters..

If you can prove me wrong with facts, reason or evidence go ahead but you aren't going to be able to. You could learn a lot from Stef if you would apply yourself.

___

On another note, that argument you were having earlier about the demographics of the riot vs. the demographics of Berkeley, you were wrong about that as well. In this video, Molyneux interviews a guy who lives in Berkeley and says that the school is about 40% asian. Stef asked him percentage of the rioters and protesters were asian, and he said it was much lower - Stef said he could have predicted that - a few of us predicted that, and for some bizarre reason you took the opposite stance. Maybe you can explain your reasoning, but it won't make any sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L64y129lTR8

dannno
02-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Is this what Trump has done to you?! You aren't even able to follow the simplest thought if you think it might contradict some Trump talking point?! (FYI, it doesn't, BTW)

Allow me to make it crystal clear. Berkeley has an alumni association that is responsible for getting their alumni to donate>They have a fundraising strategy that involves inviting controversial speakers to speak on their campus>They encourage their faculty and students to get riled up about "speaker X">The students predictably act out>The event captures national headlines>The calls go out to the alumni>the donations roll in.

It is part of their fundraising strategy - no conspiracy theories involved. I posted this was part of the strategy (from a known source) and then the clip showed a tweet that the alumni calls were going out. Not only did the Chancellor approve the invite, but he also sent out a campus-wide letter ahead of the planned event to denounce the speaker and encourage protests.

Now, did this one get out of hand? Yeah, probably - but it still served its purpose.

Huh? How does what you just posted contradict anything I said?

Of course Berkeley helped rile up their students, that is why black bloc had so many volunteers this time. Milo himself talked about how they were riling up the students, and all of the interviews and videos I have posted on the subject said they were riling up their students.

Go back and read my post - what I was trying to reconcile was whether we can blame the left and the media for this event, or whether it was just a few govt. paid agents that went in and ruined it for everyone else like at WTO. Because that is usually how the thinking goes - you have a peaceful protest and black bloc comes in, which is very small and has few volunteers and are mostly agents start violence so the police can crack down on the peaceful protesters.. So I was trying to reconcile that narrative with this event. There is a huge difference because like you said most of the people out there were actually voluntarily out there because the University was encouraging in and a bunch of them signed up to be in the black bloc group through a facebook event..

Then on top of that the crowd was largely supporting black bloc and cheering them on.

I just don't want to minimize it like you are and try to insinuate that this was some how just a few agents ruining things for everyone when in fact it was actually a large group of volunteers that were recruited, and much the left continues to give tacit support to the violence.

The media has encouraged it by painting Trump as Hitler and Milo a white nationalist, and so the rioters think they are justified in using violence against these 'nazis'.

silverhandorder
02-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Danno ftw.

Also at this point everyone stopped reading.

anaconda
02-05-2017, 03:28 PM
He debunks the gender wage gap and talks about how much feminism is hurting everybody.

Thems fightin' words!

DisneyFan
02-05-2017, 03:59 PM
I pre-ordered Milo's book back when it was first announced and the SJWs and other leftist critics were threatening boycotts of anything the publisher put out unless they canceled it. Now that this act of terrorism has occurred I've decided to purchase additional copies for some friends.

I don't agree with Milo on everything, but someone has to stand up to these lunatics on university campuses (the students and professors) and in the larger world in general. These freaks have created an entire fantasy world full of nonsense like microaggressions, rape culture, whites=devils, etc. They are as free as anyone to believe in their myths, but they insist on silencing others and trying to force (not just convince) others to believe as they do. They work hard on Twitter to get people fired for saying the wrong thing. They support using the state to go after 90-year-old grandmothers for refusing to bake a cake. They support hate speech legislation. They back discrimination against whites and Asian Americans in hiring, admissions, and other things. They want to force you to say that trans women are real women. And the list goes on forever...

seapilot
02-05-2017, 03:59 PM
A lot of the same people from Occupy movement are probably protesting now. They were around always protesting something even if they did not know why, only now they have something to focus (the POTUS)on. Video is from 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWfGKt0aZLI

A. Havnes
02-05-2017, 04:43 PM
He also states in one of his talks that he loves women, but hates feminists. Should get your $#@! clear.

Which is why he says women have low IQs, stereotypes people to hell (definitely not Libertarian), etc. Yeah, he sure loves women, so long as they stay in the kitchen and don't open their mouths. The second they do, they're a feminist, and it's driving him to be gay.

A. Havnes
02-05-2017, 04:47 PM
I pre-ordered Milo's book back when it was first announced and the SJWs and other leftist critics were threatening boycotts of anything the publisher put out unless they canceled it. Now that this act of terrorism has occurred I've decided to purchase additional copies for some friends.

I don't agree with Milo on everything, but someone has to stand up to these lunatics on university campuses (the students and professors) and in the larger world in general. These freaks have created an entire fantasy world full of nonsense like microaggressions, rape culture, whites=devils, etc. They are as free as anyone to believe in their myths, but they insist on silencing others and trying to force (not just convince) others to believe as they do. They work hard on Twitter to get people fired for saying the wrong thing. They support using the state to go after 90-year-old grandmothers for refusing to bake a cake. They support hate speech legislation. They back discrimination against whites and Asian Americans in hiring, admissions, and other things. They want to force you to say that trans women are real women. And the list goes on forever...

For a bunch of "progressives" it seems their fantasy society is one based on the Puritans, where shame is the ultimate punishment, and you'll walk around for the rest of your life with a scarlet letter for whatever aggression you happen to commit, no matter how egregious or harmless.

dannno
02-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Which is why he says women have low IQs, stereotypes people to hell (definitely not Libertarian), etc. Yeah, he sure loves women, so long as they stay in the kitchen and don't open their mouths. The second they do, they're a feminist, and it's driving him to be gay.

He didn't say women have low IQs, they actually have slightly higher IQs on average than men. However there are less women with IQ over 120 than men, because the bell curve for IQ is much wider for men than women.. So there are a lot more men with higher IQs, and a lot more men with lower IQs, women tend to hover around the middle more. That's why you have a lot of homeless men, and men going to space and shit.

It's not about stereotypes, it's about data and facts.

And another thing.. Milo likes having sex with men. He is gay, ok? It's not just that women drive him away, he actually likes having sex with men. Straight men who MGTOW play video games and jack off to women or find one for the occasional hookup.

MallsRGood
02-05-2017, 09:51 PM
nationalism, yes. Anti-capitalism, not even. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are making things up. Find me one milo "anti-capitalist" speech.

I have a much better understanding of the movement you're trailing than you do.

http://static.deathandtaxesmag.com/uploads/2017/01/right-stuff-1484691131-compressed.jpg

...you might want to reevaluate your allegiances.

UWDude
02-05-2017, 09:59 PM
Find me one milo "anti-capitalist" speech.

http://static.deathandtaxesmag.com/uploads/2017/01/right-stuff-1484691131-compressed.jpg

Im sorry, that is not an anti-capitalist Milo speech. That is a picture form decades before Milo was born. Please try again.

MallsRGood
02-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Im sorry, that is not an anti-capitalist Milo speech. That is a picture form decades before Milo was born. Please try again.

Go to therightstuff(dot)biz (the most popular alt-right site on the web, now)

There are two possibilities:

(a) You aren't aware of the overt neo-NAZI character of this site,

or, (b) you are aware, approve, and are thereby a NAZI

In either case, I would advise self-castration, for the good of the gene pool.

UWDude
02-05-2017, 10:09 PM
Find me one milo "anti-capitalist" speech.

I'm sorry, that is not an anti-capitalist Milo speech. Please try again.

timosman
02-05-2017, 10:12 PM

Ladies first!

MallsRGood
02-05-2017, 10:18 PM

OKay..

What's the problem?

UWDude
02-05-2017, 10:22 PM
OKay..

What's the problem?

timosman
02-05-2017, 10:24 PM
OKay..

What's the problem?

Some idiot keeps posting nonsense on this forum.

MallsRGood
02-05-2017, 10:32 PM
Yea (trumpslerpin')!

MallsRGood
02-05-2017, 10:34 PM

Tell me about how his Trumpenhero is a laissez faire guy.

(if you need video of him endorsing socialized medicine, let me know)

UWDude
02-05-2017, 10:39 PM
Tell me about how his Trumpenhero is a laissez faire guy.

(if you need video of him endorsing socialized medicine, let me know)

nikcers
02-05-2017, 10:44 PM

This one's broken.

MallsRGood
02-05-2017, 10:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Q-jlHBcXM

UWDude
02-05-2017, 10:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Q-jlHBcXM

nikcers
02-05-2017, 10:50 PM

Lets dispel the myth once and for all that MallsRGood doesn't know what he's doing, he knows exactly what he is doing!

MallsRGood
02-05-2017, 10:53 PM
Consider the possibility that politics ought not be for the general public.

Consider that....

...nevermind.

timosman
02-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Consider the possibility that politics ought not be for the general public.

Consider that....

...nevermind.

Do you have a fan club? I see quite a few troll buddies bumping your rep here.:cool:

MallsRGood
02-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Do you have a fan club? I see quite a few troll buddies bumping your rep here.:cool:

You are my sockpuppet, obviously.

timosman
02-05-2017, 11:13 PM
You are my sockpuppet, obviously.

Of course. I use the reverse mind control. Making you the biggest asshole this site have ever seen is a part of the strategy of winning hearts and minds.

MallsRGood
02-05-2017, 11:18 PM
Of course. I use the reverse mind control. Making you the biggest asshole this site have has ever seen is a part of the strategy of winning hearts and minds.
'
I appreciate that your waking hours are spent dreaming of Trump.

...my free time is spent differently.

timosman
02-05-2017, 11:21 PM
'
I appreciate that your waking hours are spent dreaming of Trump.

...my free time is spent differently.

When does your shift end?:cool:

MallsRGood
02-05-2017, 11:25 PM
When does your shift end?:cool:

You're wasting my time.

Try to think of something intelligent to say.

...I believe in you.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-06-2017, 01:54 AM

It's been a thing since, oh, the 19th Century. The term "libertarian" used to refer to anti-state socialists, including ancoms.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-06-2017, 01:58 AM

Milo is not alt-right and never once claimed to be. The only people claiming he is are the legacy media and butthurt NatSocs actually on the far end of the alt-right.

It's true that TRS is either a legit neo-Nazi website or is so steeped in social media-based hipster irony that it's become impossible to distinguish it from an actual neo-Nazi website. It's also true that TRS doesn't like Milo.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-06-2017, 02:01 AM
For a bunch of "progressives" it seems their fantasy society is one based on the Puritans, where shame is the ultimate punishment, and you'll walk around for the rest of your life with a scarlet letter for whatever aggression you happen to commit, no matter how egregious or harmless.
Mencius Moldbug's whole argument is that puritanism is the memetic antecedent to modern leftist progressivism. It really isn't hard to understand why.

anaconda
02-06-2017, 02:40 AM

Kona French Roast disappearing from the shelves at a fever pitch.

anaconda
02-06-2017, 02:41 AM
Mencius Moldbug's whole argument is that puritanism is the memetic antecedent to modern leftist progressivism. It really isn't hard to understand why.

But Puritanism would shame to uphold work ethic and family unity. Progressivism seems nearly the opposite.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-06-2017, 02:47 AM
But Puritanism would shame to uphold work ethic and family unity. Progressivism seems nearly the opposite.
Puritans would also believe in God and Jesus, but progressives, in general, do not.

It has to do with memetic deconstruction. The protestants deconstructed the hierarchy of the Holy See in the name of Christ. This process continued until eventually, they deconstructed the family, the bible and Christ himself in the name of the ethics they inherited from Christianity (unbeknownst to them, for the most part).

UWDude
02-06-2017, 02:59 AM

One of my professors argued the same, he said catholic values are what drive the liberal desire to see social human progress.

anaconda
02-06-2017, 03:52 AM
Puritans would also believe in God and Jesus, but progressives, in general, do not.

It has to do with memetic deconstruction. The protestants deconstructed the hierarchy of the Holy See in the name of Christ. This process continued until eventually, they deconstructed the family, the bible and Christ himself in the name of the ethics they inherited from Christianity (unbeknownst to them, for the most part).

Well spoken and intriguing. I shall look into this.

A. Havnes
02-06-2017, 08:25 AM
He didn't say women have low IQs, they actually have slightly higher IQs on average than men. However there are less women with IQ over 120 than men, because the bell curve for IQ is much wider for men than women.. So there are a lot more men with higher IQs, and a lot more men with lower IQs, women tend to hover around the middle more. That's why you have a lot of homeless men, and men going to space and $#@!.

It's not about stereotypes, it's about data and facts.

And another thing.. Milo likes having sex with men. He is gay, ok? It's not just that women drive him away, he actually likes having sex with men. Straight men who MGTOW play video games and jack off to women or find one for the occasional hookup.

And whites also tend to score higher on IQ tests. Your conclusion must be that whites are just smarter people than blacks.

The greatest fallacy with people who choose to use the IQ argument is that the IQ test is quite subjective, and Alfred Binet himself said his tests do not measure cognitive capabilities outright, as such a thing just can't be measured according to Binet. It also doesn't help Milo's case that IQs, in general, are rising, whereas you'd think they'd be relatively stable if IQ tests simply measure a person's ability.

As the education gap closes, so doe the IQ scores. It's called the Flynn Effect.

According to Forbes:

In the last 100 years the IQ scores of both men and women have risen but women’s have risen faster. This is a consequence of modernity. The complexity of the modern world is making our brains adapt and raising our IQ. Improvement is more marked for women than for men because they were disadvantaged in the past.”

Milo is a guy who enjoys hearing himself talk, even if it's about things he doesn't really understand. He has a right to talk, and I have the right to disagree.

However, that still doesn't mean that you should try and burn down a campus because he's your excuse to riot.

A. Havnes
02-06-2017, 08:32 AM

It seems to me that the outcome is different, but the methods are very similar. As for what that outcome is, it seems to contradict a lot.

A world in which everyone is respected for who he is, and isn't limited by race, sex, or orientation is a nice utopia to strive for, but it doesn't seem to be what these guys ultimately want.

They want a world in which they can be self-righteous bullies, kind of like that South Park episode where Butters is being bullied by his grandmother, and everyone who tries to stop bullies winds up being a bully himself!

Valli6
02-06-2017, 09:20 PM
First covered by The Ralph Report

A UC Berkeley Rioter Has Been Exposed, & He’s a University Staff Member!
By Ethan Ralph published February 3, 2017 - updated February 6, 2017
http://theralphretort.com/uc-berkeley-rioter-exposed-works-university-203017

Ian Dabney Miller
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hzH6hh1tLw8/WJVVkAc_rnI/AAAAAAAAiw8/QcZ6EPNC6HUUeFg_rmiUEtp69z7Fo9j2wCLcB/s1600/Ian%2BDabney%2BMiller.jpg

Berkeley Antifa Attacker Unmasked As UC Employee? CNN and Young Turks Lookin’ So Dumb
Feb 3, 2017

Today, propagandists on the left attempted to change the narrative over the violent "Antifa" riots, suggesting that Trump supporters were secretly behind the group's spate of violent terrorist acts since the election:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUNkezAd3qQ

Of course, the ultra-liberal, Armenian Holocaust denying, TalcumX hiring, "better than you" elitists - also known as "The Young Turks," started furiously parroting these Alisnsky tactics to cast doubt on just who keeps co-opting student protests and turning them violent..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5pZLxzMt1U
(continued)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-03/berkeley-antifa-attacker-unmasked-uc-employee-cnn-and-young-turks-lookin’-so-dumb

more confirmation:
02/06/2017

...A demonstrator who participated in the riot outside of Milo Yiannopolous’ scheduled talk at UC Berkeley last week has been identified as a university staff member.

Screengrabs passed around Twitter show tweets from an account with the handle @teen_archer talking about getting into a physical altercation with a Milo fan outside the event….

...A spokesperson for UC Berkeley told TheDC, “We are aware of the allegations involving a member of the University’s workforce. Our campus police force is currently working with the FBI in an ongoing investigation of this matter.”…

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/06/uc-berkeley-rioter-identified-as-university-staff-member

https://i2.wp.com/theralphretort.com/wp-content/uploads/C3xRvoEWIAAFJjN.jpg

dannno
02-06-2017, 11:02 PM
And whites also tend to score higher on IQ tests. Your conclusion must be that whites are just smarter people than blacks.

The greatest fallacy with people who choose to use the IQ argument is that the IQ test is quite subjective, and Alfred Binet himself said his tests do not measure cognitive capabilities outright, as such a thing just can't be measured according to Binet. It also doesn't help Milo's case that IQs, in general, are rising, whereas you'd think they'd be relatively stable if IQ tests simply measure a person's ability.

This is actually one of Molyneux's specialties so you are about to get it..

IQ is not a perfect measurement of intelligence, but it correlates well with intelligence, especially using larger data sets.

There are a lot of people out there who say the reason whites score better than minorities is because of cultural differences.. O'rly??? Then maybe you can explain why asians score higher than whites, and why ashkenazi Jews score the highest? (~100, ~108, ~120). Asians score better than whites because of cultural differences??

And maybe you can also explain why IQ correlates with income? Asians tend to make more than whites, ashkenazi Jews tend to make the most money.

The point is you can whine and snivel all you want about IQ scores not being a perfect measure of intelligence, and that is somewhat true for some individuals but the fact is it is a pretty good measure especially across large data sets.

Ender
02-06-2017, 11:13 PM

IQ is not a perfect measurement of intelligence, but it correlates well with intelligence, especially using larger data sets.

There are a lot of people out there who say the reason whites score better than minorities is because of cultural differences.. O'rly??? Then maybe you can explain why asians score higher than whites, and why ashkenazi Jews score the highest? (~100, ~108, ~120). Asians score better than whites because of cultural differences??

And maybe you can also explain why IQ correlates with income? Asians tend to make more than whites, ashkenazi Jews tend to make the most money.

The point is you can whine and snivel all you want about IQ scores not being a perfect measure of intelligence, and that is somewhat true for some individuals but the fact is it is a pretty good measure especially across large data sets.

Meh- it's about test taking.

I can pass the bar- you want me to practice law for you? Didn't think so.

agitator
02-06-2017, 11:16 PM
Interesting clip. I don't mean to offend the prolific Democrat posters here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N0HuvZmWIE

dannno
02-06-2017, 11:41 PM
Meh- it's about test taking.

I can pass the bar- you want me to practice law for you? Didn't think so.

It's more than just test taking.. IQ correlates well with intelligence, it correlates with income. It also correlates with test taking. Again, when you have large groups of people taking the test it smooths out for things like people who are good at test taking or study for the IQ test.

Ender
02-06-2017, 11:51 PM
It's more than just test taking.. IQ correlates well with intelligence, it correlates with income. It also correlates with test taking. Again, when you have large groups of people taking the test it smooths out for things like people who are good at test taking or study for the IQ test.

I know a lot of very smart people who cannot take a test.

dannno
02-07-2017, 12:00 AM
I know a lot of very smart people who cannot take a test.

C'mon man, we've gone over this.

There are exceptions to the rule, but when you have a large data set all of these variables smooth out.

We already know when you have a large group of people, their IQ correlates to their intelligence and their income - and some other characteristics as well which are quite fascinating.

Ender
02-07-2017, 12:04 AM
C'mon man, we've gone over this.

There are exceptions to the rule, but when you have a large data set all of these variables smooth out.

NO.

IQ tests are made for the Western way of thinking- test taking is a left-brain action- it does not take into account the right brain or the intelligence of the body. It simply means your left brain can take over. Many right brain dominates are geniuses but test taking is an incredible awkward and painful experience.

dannno
02-07-2017, 12:05 AM
NO.

IQ tests are made for the Western way of thinking- test taking is a left-brain action- it does not take into account the right brain or the intelligence of the body. It simply means your left brain can take over. Many right brain dominates are geniuses but test taking is an incredible awkward and painful experience.

Western thinking - got it - that's why asians score higher than whites..

C'mon man, your argument is a total fail and you know it.

IQ tests tell us less about an individual because they are fallible, but they tell us a lot about a group. Are you familiar with statistics at all?

Ender
02-07-2017, 12:08 AM

Asians do well in tests because they have mandatory music. Music connects the brain; number 1 major accepted to Med School is the Music Major.

Your IQ test superiority is a fail and YOU know it.

heavenlyboy34
02-07-2017, 12:17 AM

IQ tests tell us less about an individual because they are fallible, but they tell us a lot about a group. Are you familiar with statistics at all?
Are you familiar with statistics aside from what you learned from Stef?

dannno
02-07-2017, 12:46 AM
Are you familiar with statistics aside from what you learned from Stef?

Uh, ya, I've taken under graduate and graduate level statistics courses. I think I got a B+ and an A.

dannno
02-07-2017, 12:53 AM
Asians do well in tests because they have mandatory music. Music connects the brain; number 1 major accepted to Med School is the Music Major.

Hahahhah... ok.. so asians are smart and go to med school more often because they have mandatory music.

Why don't you go down to the ghetto, and teach music to all the kids, so they can grow up and be doctors?

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-07-2017, 01:03 AM

What evidence is there for this?

Regardless, it doesn't explain why IQ predicts things like future income and rates of violence. Is that because of music? This becomes more ridiculous when you realize that blacks are, by far, the most musical race there is.

AZJoe
02-07-2017, 01:08 AM

I don't believe that is accurate. The dominant major to med school is biological sciences.

https://static01.********/images/2012/04/06/education/edl-15premed-gfc1/edl-15premed-gfc1-popup.jpg

heavenlyboy34
02-07-2017, 01:17 AM

Regardless, it doesn't explain why IQ predicts things like future income and rates of violence. Is that because of music? This becomes more ridiculous when you realize that blacks are, by far, the most musical race there is.
Source? Those of us who majored in any branch of music are lol-ing at this claim. :D

dannno
02-07-2017, 01:18 AM
blacks are, by far, the most musical race there is.

Obviously you haven't heard tokimonsta (asian) :rolleyes:

http://grimesreference.e-monsite.com/medias/images/tokimonsta-by-julian-bajsel.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxq21pJMjrM

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-07-2017, 01:38 AM
Source? Those of us who majored in any branch of music are lol-ing at this claim. :D
Black music has revolutionized the musical world repeatedly, which is all the more incredible when you realize that much of it is based on spirituals sung by slaves. Black gospel, jazz, blues, doo-wop, rap. "Black music" (as a broad category) is more influential the world over than the music developed by any other race.

dannno
02-07-2017, 01:41 AM
Black music has revolutionized the musical world repeatedly, which is all the more incredible when you realize that much of it is based on spirituals sung by slaves. Black gospel, jazz, blues, doo-wop, rap. "Black music" (as a broad category) is more influential the world over than the music developed by any other race.

hb likes boring ancient religious music. He really, really likes it though.

Ender
02-07-2017, 02:08 AM
I don't believe that is accurate. The dominant major to med school is biological sciences.

https://static01.********/images/2012/04/06/education/edl-15premed-gfc1/edl-15premed-gfc1-popup.jpg

66% of music majors who apply, get into medical school. This is the highest percentage of acceptance for any major. However, this does not mean that 66% of all applicants are music majors.

The numbers on your chart shows the highest number according to applicants.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-07-2017, 02:11 AM
66% of music majors who apply, get into medical school. This is the highest percentage of acceptance for any major. However, this does not mean that 66% of all applicants are music majors.

Assuming that statistic is true, it doesn't actually indicate what you think it does.

Ender
02-07-2017, 02:12 AM

Here's a paper written by the AMC.

http://advocacyformusiced.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/7/1/49713193/amc_-_research_briefs,_did_you_know.pdf

And I am talking about music majors: the study and application of music theory etc. not just natural talent.

That said, I love "black" music- Jazz/R & B/Funk etc.

timosman
02-07-2017, 02:14 AM

How to Lie with Statistics - https://www.amazon.com/dp/0393310728/

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2a/How_to_Lie_with_Statistics.jpg

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-07-2017, 02:48 AM
Here's a paper written by the AMC.

http://advocacyformusiced.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/7/1/49713193/amc_-_research_briefs,_did_you_know.pdf

And I am talking about music majors: the study and application of music theory etc. not just natural talent.

That said, I love "black" music- Jazz/R & B/Funk etc.
I'd have to actually look at all the studies, but none of this data actually vindicates your narrative. Even if we taught all children music and even if it increased their IQ, there's no reason to think the gaps wouldn't remain, considering how consistently observed they are and the heritability of IQ.

AZJoe
02-07-2017, 09:29 AM

I see. Googling the claim finds that it keeps referencing biologist Lewis Thomas, but does not reveal the actual report or data for the claim - how many, which years, etc.
Because the number of music major applicants to medical school is so minuscule, it is likely to be an aberration rather than a reliable predictor. And because the number of applicants is so tiny, those few music majors that actually strive to get into medical school are already likely to have some additional science aptitude or experience driving their desire to apply. Were a broad group of twenty thousand general music majors to apply each year, would two thirds of all medical students be music majors - displacing all the biology and science majors? That is unlikely. You cannot draw widespread conclusion from tiny anecdotal samples.

AZJoe
02-07-2017, 10:19 AM
The protesting segments warned us that if Hillary were not elected, there would be violent fascists mobs silencing dissenting voices.
Unfortunately, they were right. They just failed to tell us the fascists mobs would be them, funded by Soros.

Ender
02-07-2017, 10:52 AM
I see. Googling the claim finds that it keeps referencing biologist Lewis Thomas, but does not reveal the actual report or data for the claim - how many, which years, etc.
Because the number of music major applicants to medical school is so minuscule, it is likely to be an aberration rather than a reliable predictor. And because the number of applicants is so tiny, those few music majors that actually strive to get into medical school are already likely to have some additional science aptitude or experience driving their desire to apply. Were a broad group of twenty thousand general music majors to apply each year, would two thirds of all medical students be music majors - displacing all the biology and science majors? That is unlikely. You cannot draw widespread conclusion from tiny anecdotal samples.

My claim is valid.

I deal with teaching arts to youth; arts connect the brain so that the right & left function together instead of as separate entities. Music seems to be the fastest in this.

Had a brilliant friend that applied to Med School and was turned down 2x. I told him about the study; he took a summer off from other studies and took music only- he was accepted into Med School in the fall.

One of the original articles is posted above & is hard to find online nowadays but there is no doubt that arts connect the brain. I have seen it over and over- in my own life and 100s of teens.

And for those who think this is bunk-

As you wish.........

timosman
02-07-2017, 10:57 AM
My claim is valid.

I deal with teaching arts to youth; arts connect the brain so that the right & left function together instead of as separate entities. Music seems to be the fastest in this.

Had a brilliant friend that applied to Med School and was turned down 2x. I told him about the study; he took a summer off from other studies and took music only- he was accepted into Med School in the fall.

One of the original articles is posted above & is hard to find online nowadays but there is no doubt that arts connect the brain. I have seen it over and over- in my own life and 100s of teens.

And for those who think this is bunk-

As you wish.........

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder644/250x250/64442644.jpg

phill4paul
02-07-2017, 11:03 AM
‘Dilbert’ Creator Scott Adams to Stop Donating to Alma Mater UC Berkeley

Adams, who earned an MBA degree at UC Berkeley, announced that he is terminating his support of the public institution over concerns that he wouldn’t “feel safe or welcome on campus.”

"Speaking of Hitler, I’m ending my support of UC Berkeley, where I got my MBA years ago. I have been a big supporter lately, with both my time and money, but that ends today. I wish them well, but I wouldn’t feel safe or welcome on the campus. A Berkeley professor made that clear to me recently. He seems smart, so I’ll take his word for it.

I’ve decided to side with the Jewish gay immigrant who has an African-American boyfriend, not the hypnotized zombie-boys in black masks who were clubbing people who hold different points of view. I feel that’s reasonable, but I know many will disagree, and possibly try to club me to death if I walk on campus."

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/02/06/dilbert-creator-scott-adams-stop-donating-alma-mater-uc-berkeley/

juleswin
02-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Jewish gay immigrant who has an African-American boyfriend,

When the liberals start questioning people even though they meet xy and z liberal favored characteristics, maybe it is a sign that the liberals have started to reject identity politics. The only negative part is that now people like Scott Adams who pretend to be conservatives are now embracing identity politics.

The more things change, the more they stay the same :(

phill4paul
02-07-2017, 11:11 AM
When the liberals start questioning people even though they meet xy and z liberal favored characteristics, maybe it is a sign that the liberals have started to reject identity politics. The only negative part is that now people like Scott Adams who pretend to be conservatives are now embracing identity politics.

I'm pretty sure he is not embracing identity politics but mirroring the hypocrisy of it. But, you'd have to ask him I suppose.

timosman
02-07-2017, 11:15 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/02/06/dilbert-creator-scott-adams-stop-donating-alma-mater-uc-berkeley/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APgQ1lNAzdg

Ender
02-07-2017, 11:15 AM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder644/250x250/64442644.jpg

Cool-

I live by the 5 Agreements. The 5th is:

5. The Power of Doubt: BE SKEPTICAL, BUT LEARN TO LISTEN

Don’t believe yourself or anybody else. Use the power of doubt to question everything you hear: Is it really the truth? Listen to the intent behind the words, and you will understand the real message.

"When you learn to listen, you know exactly what other people want. Once you know what they want, what you do with that information is up to you. You can react or not react, you can agree or disagree with what they say, and that depends on what you want."

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-5773/Living-Don-Miguel-Ruizs-Five-Agreements.html

My motto is: QUESTION EVERYTHING. ;)

dannno
02-07-2017, 11:48 AM

Hah, that's why liberals have always liked Anne Coulter, right??

Leftists always want to protect women and minorities as long as they are on the left.. if they are on the right then their minority status gets revoked..

That is how leftists play identity politics..

That said, I wonder how many people who were protesting Milo even knew he was gay, let-alone a Jewish immigrant.. all they hear is that he is a neo-nazi white supremacist who supports Trump... and he is NOT a neo-nazi white supremacist..

heavenlyboy34
02-07-2017, 11:53 AM

A very, very VERY narrow view of Western music history (much less world music history). The genres you mention can't even be traced by musicologists before Murica. (That's a ~200 year sliver out of thousands of years of history) Jazz, blues, doo-wop, and rap particularly are classified as 20th century genres by historians. To think these are the most influential music styles evarrr is just ignorance. The most influential musicians in Western music BY FAR are the standards of the classical masters- i.e. Haydn, JS Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Verdi.

A. Havnes
02-07-2017, 11:54 AM

Asians raised by whites don't usually perform as well as Asians raised by Asians, for one. For another, it can't account for why IQs are rising, and women are now outperforming men on them. So, did we just get dumber and women suddenly got smarter? I doubt it. Rather, the gaps in education and work are closing, and these tests are reflecting it. It also would explain why people with higher income tend to perform better.

Norway has also discovered that an extra year of schooling raises IQ, so some have suggested having K-13 now instead of K-12.

heavenlyboy34
02-07-2017, 11:58 AM
hb likes boring ancient religious music. He really, really likes it though.

I don't think it's boring. But I also like many, many other types of music.(I've dabbled in ethnomusicology) Try listening with an open mind. You might find things about it that you enjoy. :) Byzantine chant rather reminds me of the "trance" effect stoner kids try to get.

osan
02-07-2017, 12:06 PM
https://twitter.com/joegooding/status/826992878534660096

Abuse of "anarchist" FAIL.

Lefties are not the only morons on the planet, sad to say.

osan
02-07-2017, 12:08 PM

Yes, but will it make any constructive difference? I am not very confident that it will, the average 'Murkin being what he tends to be, "left" or "right".

osan
02-07-2017, 12:12 PM
MASKED PROTESTERS STARTING FIRES, TEARING DOWN FENCES OUTSIDE MILO SPEECH AT BERKELEY

https://news.grabien.com/story-masked-protesters-starting-fires-tearing-down-fences-outside-1

Note how they are masked.

If their causes are so just, why hide?

The more disgusting bit is that the greater "community" failed to hit the streets and beat the living daylights out of these criminals. But I suppose that's police's job.

'MURKA!, dammit.

osan
02-07-2017, 12:16 PM
CalExit Now.

Hooboy... what FAIL this represents.

Why support it? What about those who don't want it? I suppose they can always move, eh? Why should they have to? Your mind is squarely cemented in the conventions of Empire and I suspect you don't even know it. In a free land, there is not "California" that stretches for 1000 miles up the coast of a continent.

Not trying to be mean or anything, just pointing out that your apparent thinking is really no closer to that of proper liberty than that of many of whom you doubtlessly would complain. CalExit is not a solution. Freedom is, and the two are not synonymous in any way or degree.

osan
02-07-2017, 12:17 PM

So what you're saying is that it's not been a total loss.

Thank God.

:)

Brian4Liberty
02-07-2017, 12:23 PM
A public middle-school teacher in Berkeley...

---

Radical Berkeley Anti-MILO Protest Leader: ‘No Regrets’ (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/06/radical-berkeley-anti-milo-protest-leader-no-regrets/)
by Lee Stranahan - 6 Feb 2017

Yvette Felarca, one of the organizers of last week’s violent protests against Breitbart News Tech Editor MILO at the Berkeley Campus of the University of California told TV station KTVU has she has “no regrets” about the violence and that she believes that millions more should engage in militant leftist protest.

Felarca and the group she leads—the Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action, Integration, and Immigrant Rights and Fight for Equality By Any Means Necessary aka By Any Means Necessary or BAMN—has history of gain engaging in violent protest. She was an activist in the Occupy movement and in Black Lives Matter-connected protests at the University of California at Berkeley.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer told reporters Friday that the administration “knew” who the protesters were, but there was no indication that Spicer was aware of the involvement of Felarca, who was involved last year in the Burlingame, California protest that forced Donald Trump and his Secret Service detail to leave their vehicle.

BAMN sees no distinction between admitted white supremecists and people who support President Trump, and considers both valid targets for attacks. Last summer, members of the neo-Nazi group the Traditionalist Workers Party on a permitted march were physically attacked by a group of about 400 protesters organized by BAMN.

During her recent interview, Felarca repeatedly attacked both MILO and former Breitbart News Executive Chairman Steve Bannon—now the President’s chief strategist—using the exact same “white supremacist” lie recently used Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Felarca also argued that MILO was a deserving target of violence since he works for Breitbart News, saying:

Well, first of all, Milo Yiannopoulos is a fascist. He’s a white supremacist. He’s funded by Steve Bannon and Breitbart. He’s an accolade of Donald Trump. And he was on the UC Berkeley campus to try to recruit more fascists and to wage attacks on Muslim students, immigrant students, women and trans students.
Felarca has openly advocated militant violence for years. In a 2014 interview, she told the New York Times:

“Riots are the voice of the unheard,” said Ms. Felarca, a Berkeley alumna. “You can never replace the lives of Michael Brown and Eric Garner, but you can always replace broken windows.”
Felarca called for millions of people to rise up in violence against President Trump and his supporters:

[W]e need to make sure the millions of people out there who are angry and who are scared under Donald Trump and everything he’s doing now know there are people out there who will stand up and fight the way the movement needs to. Clearly,Wednesday was not business as usual. It was people fighting united in a mass effort—a united effort—by any means necessary.
BAMN has connections to, of all places, teacher’s unions. In an article from 2012 entitled “BAMN Pushes Teachers Unions Toward Radicalism,” the leftist site In These Times talked about BAMN:

A student-teacher alliance that operates as a joint caucus within the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and National Education Association (NEA), BAMN uses litigation and direct action to combat racial inequality throughout the public education system. Its work ranges from organizing against school closings to fighting for greater black and Hispanic representation at public universities.
In another 2012 article, Felarca was described as a “Northern California Coordinator of BAMN and a middle school teacher in Berkeley.”

The Trump Administration has given no indication so far that intends to crack down on the rising tide of leftist political violence by prosecuting groups openly advocating violence such as BAMN.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/06/radical-berkeley-anti-milo-protest-leader-no-regrets/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPrRLyFTzSU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPrRLyFTzSU

dannno
02-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Note how they are masked.

If their causes are so just, why hide?

The more disgusting bit is that the greater "community" failed to hit the streets and beat the living daylights out of these criminals. But I suppose that's police's job.

'MURKA!, dammit.

19:46 - 21:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uucq6YNMMgM

oyarde
02-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Hooboy... what FAIL this represents.

Why support it? What about those who don't want it? I suppose they can always move, eh? Why should they have to? Your mind is squarely cemented in the conventions of Empire and I suspect you don't even know it. In a free land, there is not "California" that stretches for 1000 miles up the coast of a continent.

Not trying to be mean or anything, just pointing out that your apparent thinking is really no closer to that of proper liberty than that of many of whom you doubtlessly would complain. CalExit is not a solution. Freedom is, and the two are not synonymous in any way or degree.
Oh yes , I do support it . There will be no freedom with california.Ever.

osan
02-07-2017, 12:25 PM

How do you reason? And even if true, so what? Are you implying that free speech is to be clipped?

More importantly, ask yourself WHY people are cheering him on. Think, "228 years of creeping tyranny to the point people can no longer stand the constriction."

Some are well fed up with the bullshittery of the progressives and their poisons that have driven us into the deplorable and pitiable state of existence. Yiannopoulos is a SYMPTOM of the deeper malady. The Milos have little place in a happy and settled land of contented and prosperous people. That Milo has gained such prominence espousing the most basic elements of common sense should tell you something very important about the state of affairs in America today.

Brian4Liberty
02-07-2017, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnlxtgJJlI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnlxtgJJlI

Brian4Liberty
02-07-2017, 12:30 PM
http://www.berkeleyside.com/2016/11/02/yvette-felarca-to-return-to-berkeley-classroom-today/

Yvette Felarca to return to Berkeley classroom today
By Frances Dinkelspiel - Nov. 2, 2016

Six weeks after the Berkeley Unified School District placed Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School teacher Yvette Felarca on administrative leave “pending an investigation into concerns that have been raised,” the teacher will be returning to her classroom.

PursuePeace
02-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Yes, but will it make any constructive difference? I am not very confident that it will, the average 'Murkin being what he tends to be, "left" or "right".

I agree, but at least they are starting to fall off of their high horses and hit the dirt in front of everyone. Sometimes you have to hit bottom before you start to see the error of your ways. Are most of them going to realize this? No. But I'm willing to bet at least a small portion of them will. People change and grow and discard old beliefs for new ones all the time. That's what is so wonderful about truth. It's always there waiting to be uncovered. It's always there waiting to be discovered. It's not going anywhere, and it can never be destroyed. The more people see the hypocrisy and shallowness of their beliefs and opinions, the better. It's a stepping stone to becoming free.

It doesn't hurt to have a bit of hope and optimism, sometimes in the midst of all the madness.
Let them hit the dirt. Maybe at least some of them will get up and realize how ignorant they've been.

Brian4Liberty
02-07-2017, 01:42 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/02/06/uc-berkeley-investigates-alleged-employee-who-assaulted-milo-fan/

UC Berkeley are investigating Ian Dabney Miller, who is allegedly an employee at the university, after he was caught bragging about and celebrating the assault of a MILO fan during the Breitbart senior editor’s event on Wednesday.

timosman
02-07-2017, 02:01 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/02/06/uc-berkeley-investigates-alleged-employee-who-assaulted-milo-fan/

Master of getting pussy on the cheap. :cool:

osan
02-07-2017, 04:25 PM
I agree, but at least they are starting to fall off of their high horses and hit the dirt in front of everyone. Sometimes you have to hit bottom before you start to see the error of your ways. Are most of them going to realize this? No. But I'm willing to bet at least a small portion of them will. People change and grow and discard old beliefs for new ones all the time. That's what is so wonderful about truth. It's always there waiting to be uncovered. It's always there waiting to be discovered. It's not going anywhere, and it can never be destroyed. The more people see the hypocrisy and shallowness of their beliefs and opinions, the better. It's a stepping stone to becoming free.

It doesn't hurt to have a bit of hope and optimism, sometimes in the midst of all the madness.
Let them hit the dirt. Maybe at least some of them will get up and realize how ignorant they've been.

You could be on to something.

2/1 was my birthday. My friend Jake's is on 2/1 as well, one year my junior. We both started off in teaching; he stayed and I bailed. He now teaches at Brooklyn Tech. He called on the first to wish me happy happy. We got to talking about what's up and I was astonished at what he was telling me.

For endless years it was like pulling teeth to get $50 for materials in the various practical arts and tech programs. All of a sudden as the result of his pitch to his supervisor, he now have $350 THOUSAND. He told me that apparently the people closer to the top of the administrative ladder have finally gotten wise to the fact that something new is needed because we now have at least 40 years of consistently abject failure. That is two full generations.

For anyone not aware, public education is rotten with progressive liberalism and liberals. It is amazing, the den of liberal iniquity that our public schools have become from sea to shining sea. It is no wonder the young people these days are dull and weak.

Could it be that things have been so bad for so long that even the deeply mentally-challenged progressives can no longer ignore the truth? I find it almost impossible to believe, given my experience with the blindly stupid devotion with which they pledge and weld themselves to the most impossibly bankrupt notions. They worship at the altar of stupidity and failure, so why this sudden and rather incongruous reversal? No doubt they will find a way to ruin this as well, but here's to hoping they do not.

Jake, then, will be buying two or three new industrial-scale 3-D printers. I honestly never thought I'd see the day that a tech program would have that kind of discretionary budget.

phill4paul
02-07-2017, 04:31 PM

Well, that is a much needed breath of spring air. TY and +rep.

dannno
02-07-2017, 04:55 PM
When are they rescheduling this thing?

I could probably car pool up with some of my friends - I can try and get into the event while my friends try and pepper spray and beat me with flag poles..lol

osan
02-07-2017, 05:20 PM

I see he boasts his Weakman earring. In the mind of such people, appearances make the [Weak]man.

Berkeley investigates and will likely do nothing. Being a UC alumnus, I know what those people are like.

osan
02-07-2017, 05:22 PM
When are they rescheduling this thing?

I could probably car pool up with some of my friends - I can try and get into the event while my friends try and pepper spray and beat me with flag poles..lol

I'd not go near that shit... not in a place where I cannot arm myself properly. Hell nosir.

I'd love to see Milo come to Charleston just to see whether any such carrying on would occur. I already know the answer, but would like to see it anyhow.

osan
02-07-2017, 05:24 PM
The irony!

Is it not precious?

Ender
02-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Is it not precious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d8Ovnuq_Yg

osan
02-07-2017, 05:27 PM
It is reassuring that riots and violence is limited to uneducated poor people and minorities.

The truth of this is so glaring that few people appear to notice. The near-worthless bottom of the social barrel pitches a fit because a man threatens to disseminate opinions that run contrary to their graft-based belief system. "Responsibility", AAAACK! Going out to make one's own way in the world - sacrilege!!!

Criminals will bear no boyscout.

osan
02-07-2017, 05:30 PM
LOL, it sure looks like he is gonna wield that big stick of federal funds for the next year for years.

Good. Not optimum, but better than what we currently enjoy.

Here's to hoping he does this wisely.

phill4paul
02-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Master of getting pussy on the cheap. :cool:

How do you know "pussy" is his game? You are bordering on being politically incorrect. :cool:

timosman
02-07-2017, 05:35 PM
How do you know "pussy" is his game? You are bordering on being politically incorrect. :cool:

As long as no lines are being crossed I think we are fine. ;)

DisneyFan
02-07-2017, 06:53 PM

Oh, please.

Clarence Thomas was "questioned" by the Left. (Called a house *bleep* among other things.) So was David Horowitz, Sarah Palin, and a lot of other members of identity groups that the Left traditionally loves. Even an atheist, feminist African like Aayan Hirsi Ali got a lot of crap from the left. This has been going on for decades and they haven't backed off identity politics one bit.

The reality is that the Left's love of identity politics has always had an exception for conservatives. "He's a self-loating _____" has always been an excuse for them to spew to their venom.

timosman
02-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Why do we have to bleep something when quoting a democrat from the sixties?:eek:

dannno
02-07-2017, 06:58 PM
Why do we have to bleep something when quoting a democrat from the sixties?:eek:

Democrats have been using that word a lot since before the party existed.

Even to this day, many Democrats use that word quite frequently.