PDA

View Full Version : "Boy" Scouts to allow transgenders.....

phill4paul
01-31-2017, 09:12 AM
Boy Scouts to allow transgender children who identify as boys to enroll

The Boy Scouts of America announced Monday that it will allow transgender children who identify as boys to enroll in its boys-only programs.

The organization announced it had made the decision to begin basing enrollment in its boys-only programs on the gender a child or parent lists on the application to become a scout. The organization had previously held a policy that relied on the gender listed on a child's birth certificate for those programs.

Rebecca Rausch, a spokeswoman for the organization, said in a statement that the organization's leadership had considered a recent case in Secaucus, N.J., where an 8-year-old child had been asked to leave his Cub Scout troop after parents and leaders found out he is transgender, but the change was made because of the larger conversation about gender identity going on around the country.

"For more than 100 years, the Boy Scouts of America, along with schools, youth sports and other youth organizations, have ultimately deferred to the information on an individual's birth certificate to determine eligibility for our single-gender programs," the statement said. "However, that approach is no longer sufficient as communities and state laws are interpreting gender identity differently, and these laws vary widely from state to state."

Rausch said the enrollment decision goes into effect immediately.

"Our organization's local councils will help find units that can provide for the best interest of the child," the statement said.

Boy Scouts of America leaders lifted a blanket ban on gay troop leaders and employees in July 2015.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-boy-scouts-transgender-20170130-story.html

presence
01-31-2017, 09:16 AM
***** troop leaders and trangendered "boy" scouts

yeah I'll opt my son out of that SJW drama

specsaregood
01-31-2017, 09:25 AM
***** troop leaders and trangendered "boy" scouts

yeah I'll opt my son out of that SJW drama

at this point, you'd think they could just rename it "scouts" and not base it on gender at all and allow anybody interested in the program to take part. I mean why keep pretending? just make it inclusive of everyone if you are going to do that anyway, no need to confuse the kids.

presence
01-31-2017, 09:34 AM
scouts need a schism

phill4paul
01-31-2017, 09:36 AM
at this point, you'd think they could just rename it "scouts" and not base it on gender at all and allow anybody interested in the program to take part. I mean why keep pretending? just make it inclusive of everyone if you are going to do that anyway, no need to confuse the kids.

The "Girl" Scouts allowed transgender back in 2015 I think. Might as well just roll it all under the same banner.

CaptUSA
01-31-2017, 09:38 AM

Yeah, I think that's where this is heading. Inclusivity above all. Freedom of association is going the way of the dodo.

Of course, this is an inevitable outcome of entangling public and private associations. The problem being, of course, is that it is increasingly difficult to escape the snares of those entanglements when the government is involved in nearly every aspect of society.

SovereignMN
01-31-2017, 09:53 AM
My wife and daughter left the girl scouts a few years ago and started a local troop for American Heritage Girls. It's an openly Christian organization that puts a lot of emphasis on purity.

I'd like to see: https://www.traillifeusa.com/ catch on.

ghengis86
01-31-2017, 10:02 AM
My wife and daughter left the girl scouts a few years ago and started a local troop for American Heritage Girls. It's an openly Christian organization that puts a lot of emphasis on purity.

I'd like to see: https://www.traillifeusa.com/ catch on.

CRC has GEMS and Cadets. Both Christian, very similar to the traditional Boy Scouts (badges, skills, derby cars, etc.).

Superfluous Man
01-31-2017, 10:13 AM
I'm pretty sure the Boy Scouts have already allowed girls for a long time.

pcosmar
01-31-2017, 10:22 AM

That would make the Jamboree more interesting.

juleswin
01-31-2017, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I think that's where this is heading. Inclusivity above all. Freedom of association is going the way of the dodo.

You do know The Boy's scout is a private organization and you are not obligated to join them? this is not freedom of association going the way of the dodos, if anything, this is the opposite of it.

Of course, this is an inevitable outcome of entangling public and private associations. The problem being, of course, is that it is increasingly difficult to escape the snares of those entanglements when the government is involved in nearly every aspect of society.

This is not the inevitable outcome of entangling public and private organizations, this is happening because times are changing. The truth is that more and more people are getting more comfortable with the idea of transgender people and they changed their policy most likely because of bad PR.

presence
01-31-2017, 10:47 AM
You do know The Boy's scout is a private organization and you are not obligated to join them? this is not freedom of association going the way of the dodos, if anything, this is the opposite of it.

Government Funding of Boys Scouts' Discriminatory Policies ... (https://www.secular.org/news/government-funding-boys-scouts-discriminatory-policies-unacceptable)https://www.secular.org/.../government-funding-boys-scouts-discriminatory-policies-u...

Jul 19, 2012 - "If the Boy Scouts is determined to continue discriminating, it should be stripped of all public funding and support from public agencies."..

Chomp
01-31-2017, 10:49 AM
I would say, welcome to modern Sodom and Gomorrah ! :mad:

donnay
01-31-2017, 10:51 AM
Just another way to sully and disparage an organization who turns out good young men into the world.

Disgusting.

asurfaholic
01-31-2017, 10:58 AM
What is gender anyways? I thought you were either one sex or the other, except in very rare circumstances?

Does anyone have any statistics that point out how rare this medical condition actually occurs vs how many people just simply opt to change their "gender?"

juleswin
01-31-2017, 11:05 AM

I looked at the link and I am not very impressed with the so called govt funding of the Boy's scout

The US Code authorizes the Secretary of Defense to lend supplies and equipment and transportation for Boy Scout events.
All branches of the military issue a promotion (to E2 or E3) for Eagle Scouts, the highest Boy Scout rank. This constitutes discrimination in hiring by the military as well as government approval of the Boy Scouts' discriminatory policies.
Equal Opportunity regulations in the military explicitly prohibit support of organizations that discriminate. Yet there is a close collaboration between the military and the Scouts. Department of Defense Instruction 1015.9 directs the Secretary of the Army to the Executive Agent for all components of the DoD to promote scouting among military families as directed by the President.
The U.S. President traditionally serves as the honorary President of the Boy Scouts of America, a tradition which President Obama has continued.
In early 2005, Congress passed a resolution expressing a sense of the Congress that the Department of Defense should support BSA activities through the use of military personnel, federal land use, and other assistance for their massive Jamborees. The 2005 Jamboree cost taxpayers approximately $8 million.
In 2008, Congress voted to pass the "Boy Scouts of America Centennial Commemorative Coin Act" (H.R. 5872). The bill mandated that the U.S. Mint create and sell as many as 350,000 one dollar coins commemorating the Scouts' centennial in the year 2010. A ten dollar surcharge on each coin goes directly to the Boy Scouts of America, who will net as much as $3.5 million in the deal.

Its no different from the relationship the govt have with say the NFL or NCAA, where they provide some fund to help with advertisement to the people most likely to be good army men.

juleswin
01-31-2017, 11:11 AM
What is gender anyways? I thought you were either one sex or the other, except in very rare circumstances?

Does anyone have any statistics that point out how rare this medical condition actually occurs vs how many people just simply opt to change their "gender?"

The saying goes, gender is between your ears and sex is between your legs.

The truth is that with all the chemicals the average pregnant woman comes in contact with, its not all that surprising to find many kids growing up today with hormonal dysfunctions. Imagine, a fetus who has the male organ but while in vitro, his brain came in contact with more estrogen than a normal boy is supposed to encounter. That boy most likely grows up a male with the psychology of a female aka transgender.

CaptUSA
01-31-2017, 11:15 AM

I see that Presence already corrected you so I won't belabor the point. Their entanglements with government institutions are fairly immense. (His link didn't even get into the link with government skools)

But your larger point stands. In order to maintain a certain "PR" image in today's society, you have to appear extremely inclusive. But the reason a large organization like this even needs to maintain that image is because of the favors they receive from government. Otherwise, their club would be their club and would remain exclusive until their membership dropped. Do you really think the purpose of this action was to maintain membership levels or was it to maintain the image?

CaptUSA
01-31-2017, 11:17 AM
I looked at the link and I am not very impressed with the so called govt funding of the Boy's scout

Its no different from the relationship the govt have with say the NFL or NCAA, where they provide some fund to help with advertisement to the people most likely to be good army men.Yeah, I'm not sure where you picked up "govt funding of the Boy Scouts" (your own strawman, perhaps?) - we were talking about the public/private entanglements. And yes, the NCAA and NFL have the same problem.

juleswin
01-31-2017, 11:26 AM
I see that Presence already corrected you so I won't belabor the point. Their entanglements with government institutions are fairly immense. (His link didn't even get into the link with government skools)

But your larger point stands. In order to maintain a certain "PR" image in today's society, you have to appear extremely inclusive. But the reason a large organization like this even needs to maintain that image is because of the favors they receive from government. Otherwise, their club would be their club and would remain exclusive until their membership dropped. Do you really think the purpose of this action was to maintain membership levels or was it to maintain the image?

Presence did not correct me, my point is that The boy's scout of America is a private organization and he posted a link showing that they did business with the govt which loads of private organizations engage in. You are still free to join or leave the myriads of private orgs that do business with the govt or even better create your own and decide to do business with the govt.

I think what you fail to realize is that this is not just govt but society changing. More and more people have transgender people in their communities and with that comes wider acceptance by society. Also, its not just govt business, I don't have the numbers but I bet you $100 that their corporate sponsors give them more money than what they get doing business with the govt.

shakey1
01-31-2017, 11:34 AM
part of the problem tho is the whole issue being politicized to the point of distraction from the more paramount issues of the day.

sparebulb
01-31-2017, 11:36 AM

https://s3.amazonaws.com/metvnetwork/DGTwg-1470406950-5269-list_items-frontier-scouts.gif

http://the-artifice.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Brady-Bunch-Liberation-of-Marcia-Brady-458x200.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/73/c5/6b/73c56bd50fd68aeda81f972889b1cd37.jpg

01-31-2017, 11:36 AM
It's not transgender. It's little kids playing dress up. Stupid SJW. If their kid wants to be an elephant will they sue the circus for not letting them join?

Carlybee
01-31-2017, 01:10 PM
It's not transgender. It's little kids playing dress up. Stupid SJW. If their kid wants to be an elephant will they sue the circus for not letting them join?

Circus closed shop

Anti Federalist
01-31-2017, 01:33 PM
This is not the inevitable outcome of entangling public and private organizations, this is happening because times are changing. The truth is that more and more people are getting more comfortable with the idea of transgender people and they changed their policy most likely because of bad PR.

No, people are not "getting more comfortable with it".

They are being forcefully propagandized to accept it, by a powerful media/cultural machine that sets the zeitgeist any way it chooses.

For those who do not comply, government and civil and financial sanctions are in place to keep them in line.

phill4paul
01-31-2017, 01:39 PM

They are being forcefully propagandized to accept it, by a powerful media/cultural machine that sets the zeitgeist any way it chooses.

For those who do not comply, government and civil and financial sanctions are in place to keep them in line.

Yup.

Anti Federalist
01-31-2017, 01:42 PM

It's fucking child abuse is what it is, especially if they pump them up full of chemicals at a pre pubescent age.

http://www.voicesinbioethics.net/newswire/2016/10/11/its-more-than-just-bathrooms-ethical-considerations-for-prepubescent-transgender-children

juleswin
01-31-2017, 01:55 PM

I think its a little bit of the 2 forces coming together to change the perception on trans people. We have the govt institutions and a lot of people in the private sector who understand that there is something other than a kid just trying to play dress up.

The tides of change is coming and you either get on your surf or get swept away.

phill4paul
01-31-2017, 02:00 PM
The tides of change is coming and you either get on your surf or get swept away.

Meh, I'm fine up here in the mountains.

Anti Federalist
01-31-2017, 02:10 PM

Ummm, no.

Like Phill said, I'm fine up in the mountains.

I'll stand firm and high above the mudslides, avalanches and sewer spills of popular opinion.

juleswin
01-31-2017, 02:24 PM
Ummm, no.

Like Phill said, I'm fine up in the mountains.

I'll stand firm and high above the mudslides, avalanches and sewer spills of popular opinion.

The funny part is that your reaction is very predictable. The older generation is usually the group to put up the biggest resistant to any change and the younger generation is usually the more accepting group. We are all playing our part in this intergenerational battle between stasis and change. I hate to tell you this, but change has a .900 batting average :(

01-31-2017, 02:27 PM
It's $#@!ing child abuse is what it is, especially if they pump them up full of chemicals at a pre pubescent age.

http://www.voicesinbioethics.net/newswire/2016/10/11/its-more-than-just-bathrooms-ethical-considerations-for-prepubescent-transgender-children

Yeah, these are little kids. They could grow up to be totally normal. It could just be a phase.

I'm not saying you discourage it, but you don't actively encourage it or take them to doctors and drug them.

Adults, you want to wear a dress and cut your willy off, hey whatever not my business. Kids who are too young to think for themselves or know better, yeah I am going to say something when their SJW parent do this to them.

phill4paul
01-31-2017, 02:35 PM
The funny part is that your reaction is very predictable. The older generation is usually the group to put up the biggest resistant to any change and the younger generation is usually the more accepting group. We are all playing our part in this intergenerational battle between stasis and change. I hate to tell you this, but change has a .900 batting average :(

I don't resist change. I encourage it. Hell, been actively preaching it in America since Reagan. The younger generation is more accepting because that is what is required of them by the creators of their environment. Us old farts are just not as gullible. My best advise to any kid is question everything. Find your ground. Stand on it.

Origanalist
01-31-2017, 02:49 PM

Bingo. And if you're not 'comfortable' with it you're a raging bigot. Fuck that shit.

Dr.3D
01-31-2017, 03:24 PM
Sounds dangerous, I remember how we used to put out the campfire when I was a kid. Somebody would get their butt steamed.

phill4paul
01-31-2017, 03:40 PM
Bingo. And if you're not 'comfortable' with it you're a raging bigot. Fuck that shit.

Yeah. It's understood to me now that the vitriol hurled is not because of my age and skin tone. When I espouse that "sovereignty" equals "equality" I'm told that, for the time being, the government needs to give special privilege. Reparations. And I'm am the bigot.

01-31-2017, 03:47 PM

What's the "older generation" these days? I'm curious.

opal
01-31-2017, 04:22 PM

me, I think

I have the same opinion I had over the whole bathroom nonsense. If you have boy parts, you're a boy. If you have girl parts, you are a girl. If you're "in transition" stay home until you're sure.

Jamesiv1
01-31-2017, 05:00 PM
I wish I could go back to age 14.... I would identify as a girl and join Girl Scouts.

Camping in the woods with smores and dirty wimmins... that is what we need to Make This Country Great AgainŠ

juleswin
01-31-2017, 05:10 PM

I think anyone old enough to have kids who have their own kids. So 50 yrs plus

me, I think

I have the same opinion I had over the whole bathroom nonsense. If you have boy parts, you're a boy. If you have girl parts, you are a girl. If you're "in transition" stay home until you're sure.

You do know the trans in transsexual doesn't mean transition. In this case, trans is the opposite of cis meaning opposite sides. As in their sex and gender are not on the same side. Normally, I am very traditional when it come to things like this, but after watching a certain documentary on hormonal dysfunction in babies, I have softened by position on the issue.

opal
01-31-2017, 05:31 PM
ok.. my bad. I can't keep up
I thought transgender was a person that had one set of junk and had surgery to switch to the other set of junk

01-31-2017, 06:01 PM
ok.. my bad. I can't keep up
I thought transgender was a person that had one set of junk and had surgery to switch to the other set of junk

Keep up, it's now LBTQabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Millennial Conservatarian
01-31-2017, 06:41 PM
I haven't posted on here in awhile but I feel the need to chime in because I have a personal connection to this issue...

Not to bore you with the details, but I'm a mid-20s gay dude and I recently dated someone who decided they wanted to transition to a woman, so we broke it off. Politically, I'm a Rand Paul libertarian and very conservative on most issues, need I say more. But I have a soft heart on this because it's something I've come to understand and been touched by.

Before I knew my ex I never really understood transgenders and to this day still have some issues with understanding it. I personally attribute it to some underlying psychological issues, but I can't speak for others feelings. I was told that it was something he's known since he was a little kid, he has always been a woman inside, and it took until his early 20s to finally feel comfortable with it and be sure of it. This was something he struggled with for years and went back and forth on many times before finally being comfortable and ready to transition.

Long story short, I've come to believe it's something that an adult should be able to decide for themselves. I don't personally understand the feelings they may have, I can't connect to it myself, but I am not in a position to judge either. It's a personal liberty issue for me.

HOWEVER... I find it ridiculous for any parent in this country to allow or support their 9 year old son dressing up as a girl, wearing makeup and heels, or taking life-changing hormones. In fact it's child abuse. I also find it ridiculous to expect kids and their parents to be expected to put up with biological/physical girls being put in the same boy scout organization and sent on campouts etc... Kids should allowed to be kids without being hyper-sexualized by today's pathetic media and pop culture.

Anti Federalist
01-31-2017, 07:07 PM

Yup, that's me, another reactionary old white dude who will be dead soon so my input will not matter and the glorious future will be yours.

And you are creating a hell on earth.

And I will not have to live through it.

http://i.imgur.com/E7r43.png

A. Havnes
01-31-2017, 07:10 PM
What about transage and transspecies? If I identify as a kid, can I get in? If a kid identifies as a squirrel, does he get in?

juleswin
01-31-2017, 07:15 PM
Yup, that's me, another reactionary old white dude who will be dead soon so my input will not matter and the glorious future will be yours.

And you are creating a hell on earth.

And I will not have to live through it.

http://i.imgur.com/E7r43.png

Your old folks probably said the same thing about Rock and roll and look at us now. This is fear mongering at is most basal form, don't worry accepting transpeople is not going to do this society in. If anything, the policies enacted by the politicians elected by the so called "greatest generation" is most likely to do us in than silly inconsequential things like Rock and roll and trans acceptance.

juleswin
01-31-2017, 07:19 PM
What about transage and transspecies? If I identify as a kid, can I get in? If a kid identifies as a squirrel, does he get in?

There is no hormone in the human system that would make you feel like a member of another species. You don't have to be absurd about it. This is a real disorder which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Also, i am not saying that there is no copy cat effect going on with some people who claim they are trans but some people indeed have different gender from their biological sex.

A. Havnes
01-31-2017, 07:30 PM
There is no hormone in the human system that would make you feel like a member of another species. You don't have to be absurd about it. This is a real disorder which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Also, i am not saying that there is no copy cat effect going on with some people who claim they are trans but some people indeed have different gender from their biological sex.

You can't have a different gender than your biological sex because gender is merely a series of behavior that we label as masculine and feminine. They are constructs of culture and society - in actually there is no masculine or feminine behavior - there is only human behavior. To limit human behavior by tying it to one's body is an act against individual liberty and a form of collectivism and neurosexism. It reinforces stereotypes and goes against neuroscience and what we know of the brain.

If you have a kind of body dysphoria, whatever. Anorexics and people with BIID have it, too. The difference is, I'm not expected to go along with their convictions of being fat or of being disabled in an able body.

BSWPaulsen
01-31-2017, 07:33 PM

There is no hormone in the human system that would make you feel like the opposite sex. Men with low testosterone and high estrogen get bitch tits and decreased ball size, not a belief they are the wrong sex. They could believe they are in the wrong body, but that's a psychological issue not causally linked to the hormone imbalance.

Trans-anything is a mental illness to be pitied, and the people are worth helping. It must be absolutely awful to seriously believe you are not in the right body (or species, etc.), but to pretend this is something that should be accepted as normal and healthy is beyond the pale.

Change is going to come. Being browbeaten into accepting degeneracy as the new normal is unbecoming for anyone with a spine. Maybe trans-invertebrates will become the rage in this "new age" to come.

Anti Federalist's "predictable reaction" is the correct reaction.

juleswin
01-31-2017, 07:52 PM
There is no hormone in the human system that would make you feel like the opposite sex. Men with low testosterone and high estrogen get bitch tits and decreased ball size, not a belief they are the wrong sex. They could believe they are in the wrong body, but that's a psychological issue not causally linked to the hormone imbalance.

Trans-anything is a mental illness to be pitied, and the people are worth helping. It must be absolutely awful to seriously believe you are not in the right body (or species, etc.), but to pretend this is something that should be accepted as normal and healthy is beyond the pale.

Change is going to come. Being browbeaten into accepting degeneracy as the new normal is unbecoming for anyone with a spine. Maybe trans-invertebrates will become the rage in this "new age" to come.

Anti Federalist's "predictable reaction" is the correct reaction.

I am not talking about hormones produced as an adult. See, I watched a medical documentary a while back on hermaphrodites and other gender disorder and the way I understood how gender is assigned is this. Depending on the biological sex of the fetus, certain level of testosterone or estrogen is cycled through the fetus system(central nervous system) which essentially assigned them their gender. Now if for whatever reason, the wrong hormone level is cycled through your system, you would have a sexual dysfunction.

This is why little boys behave like boys even though little boy's gonads do not produce any sex hormone and the same for girls and the reason why a lot of the people with this dysfunction probably know something is wrong at a young age.

BSWPaulsen
01-31-2017, 07:58 PM
I am not talking about hormones produced as an adult. See, I watched a medical documentary a while back on hermaphrodites and other gender disorder and the way I understood how gender is assigned is this. Depending on the biological sex of the fetus, certain level of testosterone or estrogen is cycled through the fetus system(central nervous system) which essentially assigned them their gender. Now if for whatever reason, the wrong hormone level is cycled through your system, you would have a sexual dysfunction.

History is rife with masculine women and effeminate men. No doubt hormone exposure while in the womb played a substantial role. I am more inclined to believe the hormone exposure may lead to greatly increased chances of homosexuality, but definitely not in a belief that their sex is wrong.

The former is not a denial of reality, the latter definitely is.

This is why little boys behave like boys even though little boy's gonads do not produce any sex hormone and the same for girls and the reason why a lot of the people with this dysfunction probably know something is wrong at a young age.

An idea that germinates and becomes an obsession, leading to conclusions with no basis in reality.

In simpler terms: a mental illness. One that can be exacerbated by eager approval from those willing to consider it natural and healthy.

juleswin
01-31-2017, 08:08 PM
History is rife with masculine women and effeminate men. No doubt hormone exposure while in the womb played a substantial role. I am more inclined to believe the hormone exposure may lead to greatly increased chances of homosexuality, but definitely not in a belief that their sex is wrong.

The former is not a denial of reality, the latter definitely is.

An idea that germinates and becomes an obsession, leading to conclusions with no basis in reality.

In simpler terms: a mental illness. One that can be exacerbated by eager approval from those willing to consider it natural and healthy.

I agree it is a mental disorder but it doesn't mean that society should shun them and not try to accommodate them.

I think there is still a lot of research to be done on the topic but I tend to agree with the in vitro hormonal dysfunction as the culprit for this disorder and sadly, there is no pill available to fix it.

Swordsmyth
01-31-2017, 08:51 PM
Y Chromosome = BOY
No Y Chromosome = Girl
No fad can change that.
Lies and insanity can have their day in the sun but truth is eternal.

Swordsmyth
01-31-2017, 08:53 PM
I agree it is a mental disorder but it doesn't mean that society should shun them and not try to accommodate them.

I think there is still a lot of research to be done on the topic but I tend to agree with the in vitro hormonal dysfunction as the culprit for this disorder and sadly, there is no pill available to fix it.

And we should just accommodate insanity in all its forms? let the inmates rule us? sounds like PRCalifonia.

juleswin
01-31-2017, 09:19 PM
And we should just accommodate insanity in all its forms? let the inmates rule us? sounds like PRCalifonia.

By accommodate, i mean this "to provide space or a place for a group:" Also mental disorder doesn't mean insanity. Everything doesn't have to be taken to the extreme.

timosman
01-31-2017, 09:25 PM

Welcome to the new reality where no idea is stupid enough to be rejected. You can not be too crazy. :cool:

Swordsmyth
01-31-2017, 09:25 PM
By accommodate, i mean this "to provide space or a place for a group:" Also mental disorder doesn't mean insanity. Everything doesn't have to be taken to the extreme.

Trans is insanity.
They have 2 places to choose from: the real world where they have to use their Genetic correct Restroom, Or the Funny Farm where they can have their own personal Bathroom and imagine it is whatever kind they like.

Anti Federalist
01-31-2017, 09:53 PM
Your old folks probably said the same thing about Rock and roll and look at us now. This is fear mongering at is most basal form, don't worry accepting transpeople is not going to do this society in. If anything, the policies enacted by the politicians elected by the so called "greatest generation" is most likely to do us in than silly inconsequential things like Rock and roll and trans acceptance.

Are we more free now than then?

Are we under less surveillance now than then?

Acceptance assumes a voluntary interaction.

There is nothing voluntary about trans acceptance.

Or the latest flag that the SJW are going to pick up: "ageism".

juleswin
01-31-2017, 10:36 PM
Are we more free now than then?

I think we are less free now than before. The noose gets tighter and tighter with every passing day

Are we under less surveillance now than then?

We are more surveilled now but that I blame on better technology.

Acceptance assumes a voluntary interaction.

Nobody is forcing you to accept anything. You are holding out and you still have your freedom. Ofc, some people fall in line when societal pressure starts to weigh on them. That like peer pressure is still voluntary interaction. You can choose not to go along with society and be treated like an outcast. Its still your choice.

There is nothing voluntary about trans acceptance.

Show me who is putting a gun to your head or punishing your for not accepting?

Or the latest flag that the SJW are going to pick up: "ageism".

Is that you playing the age card? cos it is a fact that older generation

1. Tend to be resistant to new ideas
2. Believe that the next generation's habits and norms will lead to the destruction of society. The video about the Roman empire that I have been posting in Stefan threads had an example of this phenomenon. This behaviour in the older generation is well documented. It has nothing to do with SJW and its no form of bigotry.

timosman
01-31-2017, 10:38 PM
I think we are less free now than before. The noose gets tighter and tighter with every passing day

I think the noose is really tight or it is not tight at all. :eek:

BSWPaulsen
01-31-2017, 11:04 PM

They should only be shunned if they persist in their delusions and reject all assistance. Otherwise? Absolutely work with them, try to help them cope with their illness.

In vitro hormone dysfunction does not result in a rejection of reality. The result simply does not follow from the premise.

Anti Federalist
01-31-2017, 11:23 PM
Is that you playing the age card? cos it is a fact that older generation

No, it is me telling you what new right the perversion peddlers and social justice warriors are going to push next:

The term ageism refers to the stereotyping of and discrimination against people simply because of their age.

They are very adamant about love knowing no race, gender or age.

Right now that is focused on cute older couples showing signs of physical affection.

But this will be the battleground: since love knows no age, and all "love" is justified, then pre-pubescent pedophilia must be part of that universe of love.

timosman
01-31-2017, 11:32 PM
But this will be the battleground: since love knows no age, and all "love" is justified, then pre-pubescent pedophilia must be part of that universe of love.

Where do I sign up?:eek:

CaptainAmerica
01-31-2017, 11:45 PM
truly disgusting.

Chomp
02-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Don't bring your kids into this infected cesspool.

A. Havnes
02-01-2017, 10:17 AM

That's just a theory, and there's a whole lot wrong with it. The level of testosterone and estrogen determines what the baby's sex will be, not the baby's behavior. As I said before, neuroscience and behavioral science has both shown that boys and girls aren't naturally different in thought or behavior, at least not to a significant level. The transmovement is using their body dysphoria to regressively limit human expression.

juleswin
02-01-2017, 09:30 PM
That's just a theory, and there's a whole lot wrong with it. The level of testosterone and estrogen determines what the baby's sex will be, not the baby's behavior. As I said before, neuroscience and behavioral science has both shown that boys and girls aren't naturally different in thought or behavior, at least not to a significant level. The transmovement is using their body dysphoria to regressively limit human expression.

Actually, your chromosomes determine the sex of a baby but hormones and other factors determine the gender which is a state of mind. And no, boys are girls in general do not think and behave the same way. It is the SJW which that put forth such a ridiculous theory.

kpitcher
02-02-2017, 12:01 AM

No, no girls in Boy Scouts.

The BSA does have a few things for girls like Venturing and STEM but that is not a boy scout. Adult females can be troop leaders. My nephew is in Boy scouts, my niece in Girl Scouts. They are quite different in their focus and what they do. I don't see this as being an issue, this is an organization that teaches respect to all others.

Superfluous Man
02-02-2017, 12:07 AM
No, no girls in Boy Scouts.

Yeah, after reading an article about this story I realized that.

I was a Boy Scout years ago. And I remember being at summer camp and seeing a girl there in a Boy Scout uniform. I didn't know her and never spoke to her. It was my understanding that she was in another troop. I never encountered or heard of any girls ever having been in my troop, which was a large one. I was told by someone who may well have had no knowledge about it that she was an actual Boy Scout and that she was permitted to be in the organization.

I never inquired about what was really up with her. Maybe it was a renegade troop doing it's own thing back then. I don't know. Now I'm curious what the back story was. That was in the 90's.

timosman
02-02-2017, 12:09 AM

I was a Boy Scout years ago. And I remember being at summer camp and seeing a girl there in a Boy Scout uniform. I didn't know her and never spoke to her. It was my understanding that she was in another troop. I never encountered or heard of any girls ever having been in my troop, which was a large one. I was told by someone who may well have had no knowledge about it that she was an actual Boy Scout and that she was permitted to be in the organization.

I never inquired about what was really up with her. Maybe it was a renegade troop doing it's own thing back then. I don't know. Now I'm curious what the back story was. That was in the 90's.

Why don't you reach out to her on Facebook?:cool:

Superfluous Man
02-02-2017, 12:16 AM
Why don't you reach out to her on Facebook?:cool:

I have no idea who she is. She's someone I saw 25 years ago and never spoke to and only heard rumors about.

kpitcher
02-02-2017, 12:28 AM

Maybe she was a leader? A female over 18 can be a leader and can be at camps and they have the same basic uniform.

I know I did a number of week long canoe outings in high school, co-ed with there being separate sleeping camps. Not that much supervision, a guide and 20 kids. Oddly enough no real hanky panky went on. We must have been boring kids!

Superfluous Man
02-02-2017, 12:30 AM
Maybe she was a leader? A female over 18 can be a leader and can be at camps and they have the same basic uniform.

I know I did a number of week long canoe outings in high school, co-ed with there being separate sleeping camps. Not that much supervision, a guide and 20 kids. Oddly enough no real hanky panky went on. We must have been boring kids!

I think that's probably right. She was probably barely over 18. It seemed like I only saw her with leaders.

Thanks. I'll call that a mystery solved.

timosman
02-02-2017, 12:55 AM
I think that's probably right. She was probably barely over 18. It seemed like I only saw her with leaders.

Thanks. I'll call that a mystery solved.

Isn't this your lucky day?:cool: