PDA

View Full Version : Is The Left Over?

Mach
01-31-2017, 03:01 AM
They seem like just a bunch of self-centered people wanting to be seen doing something.

https://pjmedia.com/andrewklavan/2017/01/29/is-the-left-over/

Mainstream news journalists — by which I mean that collection of Democrats employed by large corporations to push the sort of big government that prevents small corporations from competing with them — have been breathlessly speculating that the recent "Women's Marches" around the country may be the beginning of a movement. The marches, funded in part by anti-American globalist billionaire George Soros, called forth such headlines as "Cathartic Moment or Enduring Movement" and "Women's March Activists... Seek To Build a Movement."

No one knows the future, of course, but I can't help wondering if the marches, large as they were, were not rather the end of a movement, a fond farewell to an amalgam of obsolete leftist causes that either never had a reason to exist in the first place or have lost whatever reason they might once have had.

Another trademark of a dying movement is moral hyperbole geared toward keeping obsolete grudges and complaints alive. There is no one in prison in America for being black. People go to prison for committing violent crimes. The fact that blacks commit a disproportionate number of those crimes may be explained in any number of ways, but it's pure fantasy to claim (as Barack Obama so often did) that systemic, institutional racism continues to exist. Individual racism and moments of injustice, like many despicable things, will be with us always. But the very success of the civil rights movement in purging our institutions of injustice is the reason the modern civil rights movement is nothing but a collection of corrupt race gamers and Democrat hacks. The good work is done.

eleganz
01-31-2017, 03:19 AM
Its funny because the left has no actual grassroots movement, they have no idea how to affect real change, its just a lot of hysteria and petitions. Trump appears to be doing all of the extreme things early so when it comes time to vote, the left will have forgotten a lot of the reasons why he's so evil. I think 2018 mid-terms and his re-election will be a blow out.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-31-2017, 03:27 AM
Leftover like meatloaf the next day?

Suzanimal
01-31-2017, 07:01 AM
Nah, they're like herpes.

Todd
01-31-2017, 07:27 AM
As long as there are College campuses and progressive thinkers who teach moral relativism and collective philosophy there will always be a left wing.

oyarde
01-31-2017, 08:41 AM
Nah, they're like herpes.

Pretty much . I like to think of them as leeches .

Pericles
01-31-2017, 03:38 PM
As long as there are College campuses and progressive thinkers who teach moral relativism and collective philosophy there will always be a left wing.

This ^ and that is by design. Over time the left has successfully infiltrated professions needed to change the culture to its view of the world, and we are now witnessing the last gasp of western civilization trying to save itself.

phill4paul
01-31-2017, 03:42 PM
The current pendulum swing is so off the scale, the next will be a real motherfucker.

Dr.3D
01-31-2017, 03:44 PM
Leftover like meatloaf the next day?
That's not so bad, but after the third day, I'd throw it out.

CaptainAmerica
01-31-2017, 03:44 PM
I dont mind the moderates, both left and right...but the ones to the far left and far right are a bunch of mongrels who ruin everything.

pcosmar
01-31-2017, 03:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTFVMMCwsss

Anti Federalist
01-31-2017, 03:51 PM
No, not by a long shot.

Push forward twice as hard.

phill4paul
01-31-2017, 03:55 PM
That's not so bad, but after the third day, I'd throw it out.

Leftover meatloaf is the best. First day as a dinner slice, very good, but, never as good as the third day. Second day as a sandwich slice cold, yum!. Third day reheated in all it's glory. All leftovers at that point goes to a very happy hound.

shakey1
01-31-2017, 04:09 PM
The Dems have effectively imploded on themselves as a result of the shenanigans of the DNC scandal & the push to anoint Clinton as their chosen one.

RJ Liberty
01-31-2017, 04:26 PM
The Dems have effectively imploded on themselves as a result of the shenanigans of the DNC scandal & the push to anoint Clinton as their chosen one.

This is my take, as well.

The left could have had an outsider, grassroots leader. Instead, they chose Clinton. The election imploded for them as a result. And yet, I still see MSM outlets and DNC insiders saying Clinton should run again in four years. These people are insane.

Cleaner44
01-31-2017, 05:13 PM
I think the left is causing tons of damage to their cause right now with moderate Dems and Independents. They are so rabid right now that only their hard core choir will want to listen to what they are preaching. I predict 2018 will deliver another crushing blow to the Democrat party.

seapilot
01-31-2017, 05:23 PM
My hope is the democrat party and libertarian party switch places by 2020. Democrats will be considered a fringe group competing for votes with the Green Party.

sam1952
01-31-2017, 05:25 PM
The current Left is the new BLM... Shuckin' n jivin' attention to themselves. Dividing the the country into more camps. Nothing but more pawns to distract from the real problems of government. Fedbook being a perfect example. Watching my "friends" post endless political garbage talking points to "prove" their right.

It's cartoons I'm tellin' ya!

AZJoe
02-01-2017, 08:47 AM
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/02/paul-craig-roberts/left-self-destructing/

"The mindlessness is unbearable. Amnesty International tells us that we must “fight the Muslim ban” because Trump’s bigotry is wrecking lives. ...

One might think that Amnesty International should be fighting against the Bush/Cheney/Obama regime wars that have produced the refugees by killing and displacing millions of Muslims. For example, the ongoing war that Obama inflicted on Yemen results in the death of one Yemeni child every 10 minutes, according to UNICEF. Where is Amnesty International? ...

America’s wars on Muslims wreck far more lives than Trump’s ban on immigrants. Why the focus on an immigration ban and not on wars that produce refugees? Is it because Obama is responsible for war and Trump for the ban? …

The easiest and surest way for the Trump administration to stop the refugee problem, not only for the US but also for Europe and the West in general, is to stop the wars against Muslim countries that his predecessors started. …

It is very disturbing that the liberal/progressive/left prefers to oppose Trump than to oppose war. ..."

jllundqu
02-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Anyone who thinks the left "is over" is really not paying attention. Bernie Sanders almost beat her despite it being rigged against him. If it was Bernie vs. Trump, it is my firm belief that Bernie would have won hands down.

The right won this round, that is all. They will make whatever changes in government, SCOTUS, law, etc., for the next four years.... but believe me, the left is regrouping and as phill4paul wisely quoted:

The current pendulum swing is so off the scale, the next will be a real motherfucker.

brushfire
02-01-2017, 10:06 AM
The pendulum swings both ways in this game. With the republicans dominating, they'll be taking the blame or credit for whatever result is achieved.

This is a cycle that has plagued us for some time, and will continue to plague us until the system finally breaks completely.

undergroundrr
02-01-2017, 11:10 AM
What phill said.

This presidential election was just ridiculous. The next two scare the crap out of me.

So far, trump has only offered wild off-the-chart military and domestic spending in the midst of a currency bubble of trillions. He lays on a slab of poverty-inducing economic protectionism. The end result is going to be blamed on market capitalism. The world is the Democrats' oyster after that. And THAT will be the Literal Shakening.

John F Kennedy III
02-01-2017, 11:28 AM
If the left continues as it has the past few years, the Republicans will increase their majorities in House and Senate in 2018 and again in 2020. They would also increase their Governors majority....and continue reddening the down ballots.

Zippyjuan
02-01-2017, 11:37 AM
The Left is "Over" just like Republicans were "Over" when Obama won. People get tired of things so they want to change it again. The pendulum swings back and forth.

Mach
02-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Yes, all of this does not just come from nowhere, there are roots that are also fertilized continuously... when you have younger generations that you get to feed (brainwash) earlier and earlier (digitally), then you'll never run out of people that think they are doing "good."

"If we understand the mechanisms and motives of the group mind, it is now possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it... In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons ... who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind."
- Edward Bernays

A new scientific [SOCIAL] truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.
- Max Planck (Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918)

BamaAla
02-01-2017, 11:07 PM

Truer words have not been posted on this site.

College campuses are far, far left places that all but beat any semblance of conservatism out of you, and we've been telling kids for 2 generations that they have to go to these places in order to become someone, to become enlightened; we've sown the seeds of our own destruction.

heavenlyboy34
02-01-2017, 11:09 PM
"Left" and "Right" are both just strains of the mental disorder known as Statism.

Superfluous Man
02-02-2017, 12:21 AM
Is the left over?

The left controls the White House, both houses of Congress, the Supreme Court, and the governorships and legislatures of all 50 states in the USA.

And from what I hear from the Trumpsters on this website, every other country in the world from which anyone might immigrate here is even more liberal than this one.

timosman
02-02-2017, 12:32 AM
Is the left over?

The left controls the White House, both houses of Congress, the Supreme Court, and the governorships and legislatures of all 50 states in the USA.

And from what I hear from the Trumpsters on this website, every other country in the world from which anyone might immigrate here is even more liberal than this one.

We are still the best! At least for the refugees. :cool:

timosman
02-02-2017, 12:34 AM
The Left is "Over" just like Republicans were "Over" when Obama won. People get tired of things so they want to change it again. The pendulum swings back and forth.

I think you are underestimating the swing. People are tired of this shit. They should be. :cool:

heavenlyboy34
02-02-2017, 12:39 AM
Is the left over?

Pretty much this^^ Sorry I can't +rep, though :(

P3ter_Griffin
02-02-2017, 02:12 AM
I think they have been sitting on their thrones so long they really can't relate to a large amount of people, relying more on the SJW and minority interest groups types. If they keep prancing forward on the same path I think they will remain a minority interest group.

Zippyjuan
02-02-2017, 12:31 PM
I think you are underestimating the swing. People are tired of this $#@!. They should be. :cool:

They will tire of Trump too. It happens with every president.

timosman
02-02-2017, 12:34 PM
They will tire of Trump too. It happens with every president.

Thank for putting things in perspective. :cool:

PierzStyx
02-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Well, the Alt. Left just elected a controversial inexperienced President. The regular Left is all up in arms, but remember over half the voting public voted for their candidate last election. So we will have to see. I don't see any evidence the Left is in any danger though.

Superfluous Man
02-02-2017, 02:46 PM
I think you are underestimating the swing. People are tired of this $#@!. They should be. :cool:

If that were true, then how could Trump have ever even gotten the Republican nomination?

klamath
02-02-2017, 03:29 PM
not by a long shot. Trump didn't win a huge ground swell of support. A shift of a few thousand votes and the dems will control both houses of congress in two years.

Ender
02-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Leftover? ;)

This is no left/right- just elites telling constituents what they want to hear as they carry on w/the Empire.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-02-2017, 03:48 PM
The progressive left was always very memetically powerful but actually didn't have all that many supporters. Progs, particularly this SJW brand of neo-progressives look absolutely ridiculous to anyone who isn't already on their side. "The left" as a social force has always existed and will continue to exist, but the neo-progressives are done for in the long run.

Tywysog Cymru
02-02-2017, 03:59 PM
The left has unleashed a monster that has been useful to them for many years, but now they are no longer able to control the monster they created. Don't be surprised if local Democratic candidates start running to the left of Bernie Sanders. This is why Republicans should run candidates in every state and every district.

The progressive left was always very memetically powerful but actually didn't have all that many supporters.

So, like the alt right?

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-02-2017, 04:09 PM
So, like the alt right?

Actually, yeah. Though progressive memetic power rests in the hands of the legacy media along with academia and alt-right memetic power rests in social media.

undergroundrr
02-02-2017, 04:29 PM
left left left blah blah blah

Y'all have fun with your thoroughly discredited left-right paradigm.

Mach
02-05-2017, 02:33 AM
The progressive left was always very memetically powerful but actually didn't have all that many supporters. Progs, particularly this SJW brand of neo-progressives look absolutely ridiculous to anyone who isn't already on their side. "The left" as a social force has always existed and will continue to exist, but the neo-progressives are done for in the long run.

But, they will just change their name/s in the future and become a new, smarter.... concoction.

They can shape-shift, as needed.

"What, oh no, that group, we are nothing like them and didn't agree with those terrible ways of blah blah blah... we aren't nothing like that.... :)"