PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stones - Ron Paul has Huge Cajones

PatriotOne
12-09-2007, 11:27 PM
12/10/07, 1:03 am EST

Ron Paul Has Huge Cajones

http://www.rollingstone.com/nationalaffairs/index.php/2007/12/10/ron-paul-has-huge-cajones/

I’ve been watching the Republican Univision debate broadcast from Miami — centro del universo anti-Castro — and he just went there:

“We talked to Stalin, Kruschev, and Mao. We’ve talked to the whole world. Actually I believe we’re at a time where we ought to talk to Cuba, open travel with Cuba, trade with Cuba. We create the Castro’s and the [Hugo] Chavez’s of this world by interfering and creating chaos in their countries, and they respond by throwing out their leaders.”*

Needless to say he was almost booed out of the building.

The look on John McCain’s face during a cut-away was absolutely priceless.
*The quote’s not quite exact as I’m having to re-translate the voiceover translation that is drowning out the original English answers.

-- Tim Dickinson

angrydragon
12-09-2007, 11:38 PM
All the more reason we need Dr. Paul as President.

JeffersonThomas
12-09-2007, 11:38 PM
just curious what "the look on John McCain's" face was?

Goldwater Conservative
12-09-2007, 11:52 PM
just curious what "the look on John McCain's" face was?

It was an "I can't believe you just went there, Ron... you know that's a politically stupid answer given the audience before us" look.

For the record, whenever McCain comes down here, he gives us the same anti-Castro verbal reach-around Republicans have been giving us for decades. They know how to keep the Cubans in line, which is why other Hispanics are becoming more important to them.

voytechs
12-10-2007, 12:07 AM
That's RP power. He plants these ideas in your head and you can't get them out. People will be talking about him even if they don't agree and then other people will start arguments. Such arguments lead people to recheck their reality. I think it was brilliant of him to say so. They only asked about Chavez but he brought in Castro on his own, genius!!!!!

Without the controversy he would be uninteresting and most people would learn that he's pro diplomacy anyway and just discount him. This way he may be the talk of at the parties.

daniroyer
12-10-2007, 12:13 AM
That's RP power. He plants these ideas in your head and you can't get them out. People will be talking about him even if they don't agree and then other people will start arguments. Such arguments lead people to recheck their reality. I think it was brilliant of him to say so. They only asked about Chavez but he brought in Castro on his own, genius!!!!!

Without the controversy he would be uninteresting and most people would learn that he's pro diplomacy anyway and just discount him. This way he may be the talk of at the parties.

Oh yeah, that crowd was going to MURDER him after the Chavez comment. It was a powder keg after the Castro comment. And it NEEDED to be said. How many years have we been sanctioning Cuba? It flat doesn't work and someone needs to say it.

Akus
12-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Seriously, why do Cubans in FL give a shit what happens to Mexicans in CA, AZ, NM or TX?

bbachtung
12-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Digg it: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Has_Huge_Cajones

dvictr
12-10-2007, 09:10 AM
12/10/07, 1:03 am EST

The look on John McCain’s face during a cut-away was absolutely priceless.

i want to see the look on McCains face when Ron Paul beats him in primaries across the country