PDA

View Full Version : Great Videos Targetting Huckabee Supporters (STARS NEEDED)

ronpaulfan
12-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Please give each of these 5 stars.

Christians for Mike Huckabee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzCtlGbJnS0 (very good Ron Paul video)

Huckabee for President: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3LL0otgW0c (funny :))

Ending the IRS: Mike Huckabee vs. Ron Paul http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHilf4xibUY (reposted by someone)

OptionsTrader
12-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Never thought I would favorite a video titled "Christians for Mike Huckabee" but I did it, lol...

quickmike
12-10-2007, 12:21 AM
HAHAHAHA!!!

Watch this one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MkF06Bu6Jk&watch_response

ronpaulfan
12-10-2007, 12:48 AM
testing.....

thought my account was suspended. I got a message saying "this will be posted after being approved by a moderator" :confused:

Benaiah
12-10-2007, 01:05 AM
//

Fox McCloud
12-10-2007, 01:18 AM
I like the second video except for the "return creation to public schools" part. I'm a Bio major right now, and have a 4.0. My fiancé has a Bachelors in Biology and is working on her Masters. Creation makes more sense to us than macro evolution.

That's neither here nor there, though. Bottom line: that one line will turn off 90% of the people we're trying to win over.

I'll second that.

Anyway, I love the first video, as it shows a (presumably) Christian guy talking about why he's chosen Ron Paul over Mike Huckabee.

If you've ever been over to Huckabee's forum, it's really scary, they're totally distorting Christianity over there :(

weagle
12-10-2007, 01:44 AM
I like the second video except for the "return creation to public schools" part. I'm a Bio major right now, and have a 4.0. My fiancé has a Bachelors in Biology and is working on her Masters. Creation makes more sense to us than macro evolution.

That's neither here nor there, though. Bottom line: that one line will turn off 90% of the people we're trying to win over.

+1

chandlerLBT
12-10-2007, 01:53 AM

is creationism a scientific theory? i don't get what's scientific about it. it just seems like if religion needed to be taught, it would fit more in a history class or something when they talk about the numerous holy books.

Benaiah
12-10-2007, 01:57 AM
We could create a 1,000 page thread on this, but that doesn't matter.

What matters is that we're trying to convert Huckabee supporters, right?

In regards to Mitt Romney, Ron Paul said to talk about his character or things that he has done, not his religion. That Huckabee video did attack what Huckabee has done, and shed light on his character, too. There was no point to throw in that creation line, though. Putting that in there is just making fun of his religious beliefs.

All I'm saying is that it's not going to win over any Huckabee supporters.

indivi
12-10-2007, 02:04 AM

I agree that the offending bit of text in the video will probably turn off creationists who see it. I also think it is a misleading bit of text, because Ron Paul would allow states to choose what they teach, which could, I believe, include creationism if a state so desired.

However, I must now comment on the other part of your post. It is no concern of mine what you believe, but the facts of the creationism argument are simple.

There is no evidence to support creation. This does not mean that creation absolutely did not occur. This does not mean that you aren't free to believe whatever you want, nor does it mean you can't teach your kids whatever you want.

There is a great amount of evidence supporting evolution. This does not mean that a greater power does not exist. It simply means that the best of our attempts to understand life and the world we live in have indicated that evolution is the likeliest explanation for how things have come to be the way they are today.

We (or at least I) think that kids should be taught the best of human knowledge in a public school. You may believe that creation occurred, but other people may not believe this; this conflict alone, not to mention the inability to prove that you are right, is the reason that creation should not be taught in public schools. There are many avenues for parents to pursue to educate their children spiritually as they wish. You are free to send your child to a religious school and otherwise expose your child to religious information of your persuasion.

I feel that even if the decision to teach creationism is left to the states, eventually every state would prohibit the teaching of creationism for the reasons above (even though a few states would probably endorse it in the short run). I think that more people support the separation of church and state than oppose it. Therefore, I do not feel that this video is damaging towards Ron Paul.

edit: You are right that the video will win no Huckabee supporters, but I don't think that was exactly the intention of a video attacking Huckabee. :P I agree that it's not the right approach to win people over.

I liked the vid about Chuck Norris. The others were pretty good too, even the second one; I liked the premise behind it.

mport1
12-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Done.

DirtMcGirt
12-10-2007, 02:23 AM
bump

jasonoliver
12-10-2007, 02:55 AM
How about Bruce Lee (Ron Paul) kicking Chuck Norris' Ass (Huckabee)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbIwQMBeC2c