PDA

View Full Version : Saul Anuzis Says We're Annoying and Obnoxious

Anne
05-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Saul Anuzis has written a blog post that is one of the most offensive and alarming things I have ever read. He apologizes to the RNC staff and his wife for the 'obnoxious, annoying and disruptive emails or phone calls" they have received from us. He then adds: "My best advice to you is to ignore them."

Is that how this country is run? By ignoring the people?

We're sorry if we were annoying, Mr. Anuzis. I imagine we can get a bit more annoying than you ever imagined.

http://migop.blogs.com/

billv
05-19-2007, 03:51 AM
Seriously, I would just take that as a retraction of what his earlier position and leave it at that. It can be bad to be too much sometimes.

Anne
05-19-2007, 04:18 AM
Seriously, I would just take that as a retraction of what his earlier position and leave it at that. It can be bad to be too much sometimes.

This forum is depressingly dull.

mdh
05-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Is that how this country is run? By ignoring the people?

Yes.

I've personally invited Mr. Anuzis by way of an open post on this forum (we all know he's reading this - frothing at the mouth?) to "out" those people with full and exact quotes and to identify them to our community, who have behaved in a way that was genuinely "obnoxious" or at all immature. I've yet to see any response, so I have no choice but to assume that no such behavior occured, and that he's just putting a nonsensical spin on the end of a battle which he's lost.

qednick
05-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Sometimes politicians need reminding who really employs them and they need bringing down a peg or two. Mr. Anuzis felt the wrath of "we the people" and quite rightly so - whether he likes it or not.

Hawaii Libertarian
05-19-2007, 10:09 AM
I guess Anuzis thinks it's annoying and obnoxious to reap the whirlwind and consequences of his actions. After all, why bother to be responsible before opening your mouth and say something you'll regret later?

If he thinks it's annoying to get feedback from Republicans, he has no right be lead the Michigan GOP, especially since the state GOP-sponsored debates are televised nationally and impact every other state.

Perhaps he considers us obnoxious because we're not lap dogs and won't stand for being told who we can and can't listen to. Too many times the party leadership sacrifices principle for party unity. Not Dr. Paul!

I haven't seen any responses back from Michael Steele and GOPAC about his ridiculous comments on the Fox News post-debate show. Like Anuzis, I guess he just wants to win brownie points from the RNC bosses for carrying their dirty water for them. :mad:

mdh
05-19-2007, 10:14 AM
I haven't seen any responses back from Michael Steele and GOPAC about his ridiculous comments on the Fox News post-debate show. Like Anuzis, I guess he just wants to win brownie points from the RNC bosses for carrying their dirty water for them. :mad:

What was it that Steele said? I've always known him to be as much of a decent guy as any business-as-usual politician. I've also always found him inspirational as a relatively moderate black politician.

Brandybuck
05-19-2007, 10:21 AM
The Michigan GOP is an organization whose goal is to represent the interests of the Republican Party in Michigan. We're starting to see that those interests aren't what we thought they were!

It boggles my mind that a state party wants to ban a ten term Republican congressmen who has properly declared his candidacy from the debates. I don't care if you're for or against Ron Paul, that's wrong! I would be just as outraged if Anuzis was using the state party to block Gilmore or Brownback.

JoshLowry
05-19-2007, 10:21 AM
What was it that Steele said? I've always known him to be as much of a decent guy as any business-as-usual politician. I've also always found him inspirational as a relatively moderate black politician.

Nothing too bad. He tried writing him off, until he realized that people out there actually like him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J8oO_OD3PtI

Hawaii Libertarian
05-19-2007, 11:06 AM

I was hoping Steele would be someone comparable to J.C. Watts or Alan Keyes, but he's a real disappointment.

While living in the Washington, DC area, I followed Steele's failed campaign for a U.S. Senate seat in Maryland. He's too wishy washy for me and he tried to sell himself like many of the other neocon Republican candidates--a "fiscal conservative" and "moderate" on social issues. He sounded more like a Democrat and he got beaten soundly because he was not appealing to conservative Republicans and not "Democrat enough" for the minorities in Maryland.

In my mind, he violated Reagan's 11th Commandment by slurring Dr. Paul on the Hannity and Colmes post-debate TV show, which puts him in the same class as Anuzis.

On the second thought, Anuzis might be one step better than Steele because at least Anuzis seems to have partially renounced his remarks by stopping his petition. I haven't heard anything from Steele renouncing his ill-thought remarks about Dr. Paul. :mad:

mdh
05-19-2007, 11:12 AM
I can't say I much care for Keyes after the whole thing with his daughter. I just can't respect him as a person for abandoning her like that, it's really quite sad. :(