PDA

View Full Version : Commando dies in U.S. raid in Yemen, first military op OK'd by Trump

Zippyjuan
01-29-2017, 12:25 PM
More of Trump ending US involvement in foreign countries. First US commando raid on Yemen since 2014.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-yemen-qaeda-idUSKBN15D08J

A U.S. commando died and three others were wounded a deadly dawn raid on the al Qaeda militant group in southern Yemen on Sunday, which was the first military operation authorized by U.S. President Donald Trump.

The U.S. military said 14 militants died in the attack on a powerful al Qaeda branch that has been a frequent target of U.S. drone strikes. Medics at the scene, however, said around 30 people, including 10 women and children, were killed.

The gunbattle in the rural Yakla district of al-Bayda province killed a senior leader in Yemen's al Qaeda branch, Abdulraoof al-Dhahab, along with other militants, al Qaeda said.

Eight-year-old Anwar al-Awlaki, the daughter of U.S.-born Yemeni preacher and al Qaeda ideologue Anwar al-Awlaki, was among the children who died in the raid, according to her grandfather. Her father was killed in a U.S. drone strike in 2011.

"She was hit with a bullet in her neck and suffered for two hours," Nasser al-Awlaki told Reuters. "Why kill children? This is the new (U.S.) administration - it's very sad, a big crime,"

The U.S. military said in a statement that the raid netted "information that will likely provide insight into the planning of future terror plots."

The American elite forces did not seize any militants or take any prisoners offsite, said a U.S. military official who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The three commandos who were injured were hurt when a military aircraft experienced a hard landing and was "intentionally destroyed in place," the Pentagon said.

DAWN ATTACK

"The operation began at dawn when a drone bombed the home of Abdulraoof al-Dhahab and then helicopters flew up and unloaded paratroopers at his house and killed everyone inside," said one resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

"Next, the gunmen opened fire at the U.S. soldiers who left the area, and the helicopters bombed the gunmen and a number of homes and led to a large number of casualties."

A Yemeni security officer and a local official corroborated that account. Fahd, a local resident who asked that only his first name be used, said several bodies remained under debris and that houses and the local mosque were damaged in the attack.

In a message on its official Telegram messaging account, al Qaeda mourned al-Dhahab as a "holy warrior" and other slain militants, without specifying how many of its fighters were killed.

American forces have not conducted any special operations in Yemen since December 2014, months before nearly two years of civil war rendered the country even more dangerous and offered al Qaeda leeway to expand into more lawless areas.

The United States conducted dozens of drone strikes in Yemen throughout Barack Obama's presidency to combat al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, regarded as one of the global militant group's most dangerous branches.

The local al Qaeda unit organized the Charlie Hebdo magazine attack in Paris in 2015 and has repeatedly tried to down U.S. airliners.

goldenequity
01-29-2017, 01:08 PM
Truth: US has been in Yemen bombing/battling/droning Al Qaeda since Bush.

====

Presidential Statement:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3W3IIDWMAAg72O.jpg:small

William Tell
01-29-2017, 01:15 PM
Truth: US has been in Yemen bombing/battling/droning Al Qaeda since Bush.

Like we didn't know that.....

RJB
01-29-2017, 01:18 PM
Like we didn't know that.....

Zippy seems to be unaware of that.

Zippyjuan
01-29-2017, 01:20 PM
That was noted in the article.

American forces have not conducted any special operations in Yemen since December 2014, months before nearly two years of civil war rendered the country even more dangerous and offered al Qaeda leeway to expand into more lawless areas.

The United States conducted dozens of drone strikes in Yemen throughout Barack Obama's presidency to combat al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, regarded as one of the global militant group's most dangerous branches.

William Tell
01-29-2017, 01:21 PM
Zippy seems to be unaware of that.

If he had posted the same kind of thread about Obama taking action in Iraq 8 years ago no one would have minded.

Zippyjuan
01-29-2017, 01:30 PM
Obama action: Drone King.
Trump action: true American.

Tywysog Cymru
01-29-2017, 01:34 PM
But, but, Trump drove all the neocons back into the Democratic Party!!!

enhanced_deficit
01-29-2017, 01:37 PM
Trump will have to navigate carefully and expeditiously to get out of this mess and landmines left behind in Yemen, Syria and elsewhere by DGP's dumb, pro-ISIS, destabilization policies of many years. Calling military chiefs to plan eradication of neocons supported ISIS terrorists is a good first step.

While You Were Debating Obama’s ‘Selfie,’ U.S. Drones Killed 13+ Yemen Wedding Guests (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?436307-While-You-Were-Debating-Obama%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98Selfie-%E2%80%99-U-S-Drones-Killed-13-Yemen-Wedding-Guests&)

http://media2.wptv.com//photo/2013/12/10/WPTV_Obama_Selfie_20131210122944_320_240.JPG

The 12-Year War: 73% of U.S. Casualties in Afghanistan Occured on Obama's Watch (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?427493-The-12-Year-War-73-of-U-S-Casualties-in-Afghanistan-on-Obama-s-Watch&p=5221296#post5221296)

Edit to add:

No one is saying , at least in MSM, that Obama may have laid a trap for Trump to get him entangled in past policies but if Chinese MSM is as accurate as US MSM, this is not looking good:

25 civilians killed in US anti-terror raid in Yemen
Xinhua-Jan 29, 2017
A Yemeni man walks near a painting of US drone on the wall in Sanaa, Yemen, on Jan. 29, 2017. At least 25 civilians were killed in the latest ...

Un-related

Team Obama keeps laying new land mines for Trump
nypost.com/2017/01/16/team-obama-keeps-laying-new-landmines-for-trump/
Jan 16, 2017 - For all President Obama's claims to want a smooth transition to the new administration, his people have been laying plenty of land mines for ...

(http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?427493-The-12-Year-War-73-of-U-S-Casualties-in-Afghanistan-on-Obama-s-Watch&p=5221296#post5221296)

RJB
01-29-2017, 04:37 PM
If he had posted the same kind of thread about Obama taking action in Iraq 8 years ago no one would have minded.

To WILL
Grr. It' looks like I will have to start siding with Zippy when he is anti-war.

To ZIPPY:
Welcome to the anti-war movement. A lot has happened in your 8 year slumber.

To TRUMP:
BRING THE BOYS HOME!!!

Pizzo
01-29-2017, 04:43 PM
Was the nine year old girl an american citizen like her dad and brother?

01-29-2017, 04:50 PM
Trump will have to navigate carefully and expeditiously to get out of this mess and landmines left behind in Yemen, Syria and elsewhere by DGP's dumb, pro-ISIS, destabilization policies of many years. Calling military chiefs to plan eradication of neocons supported ISIS terrorists is a good first step.

While You Were Debating Obama’s ‘Selfie,’ U.S. Drones Killed 13+ Yemen Wedding Guests (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?436307-While-You-Were-Debating-Obama%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98Selfie-%E2%80%99-U-S-Drones-Killed-13-Yemen-Wedding-Guests&)

http://media2.wptv.com//photo/2013/12/10/WPTV_Obama_Selfie_20131210122944_320_240.JPG

The 12-Year War: 73% of U.S. Casualties in Afghanistan Occured on Obama's Watch (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?427493-The-12-Year-War-73-of-U-S-Casualties-in-Afghanistan-on-Obama-s-Watch&p=5221296#post5221296)

Obama isn't potus anymore. This was on Trump's watch and ok'd by Trump. You can't blame Obama here.

TheCount
01-29-2017, 05:03 PM
You can't blame Obama here.Oh they'll find a way.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-29-2017, 05:09 PM
More of Trump ending US involvement in foreign countries.

Oh they'll find a way.

So the two biggest forum cheerleaders for Obama did not utter a peep about war for years, but now all of the sudden foreign policy and war is a problem. :rolleyes:

timosman
01-29-2017, 05:10 PM
So the two biggest cheerleaders for Obama did not utter a peep for years, but now all of the sudden foreign policy and war is a problem. :rolleyes:

Anti-war left is showing up in impressive numbers out of sudden. :cool:

CPUd
01-29-2017, 05:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk

nikcers
01-29-2017, 05:14 PM
Anti-war left is showing up in impressive numbers out of sudden. :cool: The Pro war right is baring its teeth. I don't blame people for wanting to survive, I just don't understand the meaning after we abandon all political philosophy.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-29-2017, 05:15 PM

ZippyJuan:

Obama: True American
Trump: Drone King

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-29-2017, 05:18 PM
TheCount,

Didn't you vote for Democrat Thomas Dixon in your 2016 senate race? You voted for Hillary Clinton, right?

undergroundrr
01-29-2017, 05:42 PM
lol triggered trumpies. The silly attempts to divert attention from the FACT that trump has come out of the gate as a full-tilt red-faced neocon warmonger, splattering the blood of women and children across 4 countries in his first week.

I guess as long as he keeps short brown people from crossing the border we're on track.

Anybody notice how the MSM is all about the immigration shenanigans and burying the war stories?

milgram
01-29-2017, 05:44 PM
Well, Trump is making plenty of significant changes elsewhere so he's clearly not bound to continue these dumb wars. I'd like to see change in Yemen but there's no reason to believe there will be. Trump may even be more aggressive...

nikcers
Well, Trump is making plenty of significant changes elsewhere. I'd like to see change in Yemen but there's no reason to believe there will be. Trump may even be more aggressive... you'll see some regime change ;)

CPUd
Do they have oil in Yemen?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-29-2017, 05:46 PM
[9 years of nonsense]

Do you think the navy put this together in one week? It takes quite a bit longer to plan something like this. It was planned under your candidate Obama.

Sort of funny how you never mentioned these stories when your candidate was president.

nikcers
01-29-2017, 05:46 PM

We will bring freedom to Yemen, freedom zones!

nikcers
01-29-2017, 05:47 PM
Do you think the navy put this together in one week? It takes quite a bit longer to plan something like this. It was planned under your candidate Obama.

Sort of funny how you never mentioned these stories when your candidate was president.
Trump didn't plan running for president last week either, that's why in 2011 he said he would run 3rd party if Ron Paul was the nominee.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-29-2017, 05:48 PM
Trump didn't plan running for president last week either, that's why in 2011 he said he would run 3rd party if Ron Paul was the nominee.

Don't know what that means.

Aren't you a British guy, born in the UK? Or living in the UK?

Zippyjuan
01-29-2017, 05:50 PM

Some. Not much. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/8397571/Yemens-oil-and-gas-facts-and-figures.html

Yemen had proven oil reserves of around 2.7bn barrels at the end of 2009, equal to just 0.2pc of global reserves, according to the BP Statistical Review
Daily oil production fell to 298,000 bpd in 2009, or just 0.4pc of the global total, continuing the steady decline in output from a peak of 457,000 bpd in 2002, according to BP

Falling oil revenues has hindered the government's ability to provide basic public services, which has stoked anti-government sentiment
Oil reserves and production lie mainly in Jannah and Iyad in the centre of the Yemen, Marib-Jawf in the north, and Shabwa and Masila in the south. The government estimates Masila holds about 84pc of the national total
Oil is transported from Masila to Ash Shahir by a 90-mile pipeline with a capacity of 300,000 bpd, while the 130-mile Shabwa-Bir Ali pipeline carries up to 135,000 bpd from the Ayad-Shabwa block to the Bir Ali terminal on the Gulf of Aden

Gas

Yemen is the 16th largest seller of liquefied natural gas
The country has proven gas reserves of 490bn cubic metres of gas, or about 0.3pc of the global total, according to BP statistics
Most of the gas is found in the Marib-Jawf oilfields and it is mostly reinjected to enhance oil recovery. Gas production has been in decline since 2005
Yemen LNG's export facility at Balhaf, which opened in 2009 and is led by French oil major Total, is the largest-ever industrial project in Yemen

Proven reserves is the estimated amount of oil which can be recovered at today's market price with current technology (higher oil prices can make more oil economically viable to pump out). By comparison, the US uses seven billion barrels of oil a year. They could cover us for about four months.

CPUd
01-29-2017, 05:51 PM
We will bring freedom to Yemen, freedom zones!

Will they be like the safe zones in Syria?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIfed-dmq8E

Pizzo
01-29-2017, 05:55 PM
ZippyJuan:

Obama: True American
Trump: Drone King

Do you have any opinion on the information in the original post or are you just going to continue to rent against the poster?

nikcers
01-29-2017, 05:58 PM
Will they be like the safe zones in Syria?

Saudi king agrees in call with Trump to support Syria, Yemen safe zones (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/saudi-king-agrees-call-trump-213832329.html)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-29-2017, 06:01 PM
Do you have any opinion on the information in the original post or are you just going to continue to rent against the poster?

I posted the exact same thing posted by ZippyJuan, except flipping around the names. Do you have an opinion on his ranting here?

Do you have any opinion on why someone would post here for 9 years without any interest whatsoever in your coffee klatching discussions?

A. Havnes
01-29-2017, 06:47 PM
Obama isn't potus anymore. This was on Trump's watch and ok'd by Trump. You can't blame Obama here.

B-b-but Trump inherited Obama's wars! Just like how Obama couldn't keep his campaign promises because of the mess Bush left him!

Pizzo
01-29-2017, 07:10 PM
I posted the exact same thing posted by ZippyJuan, except flipping around the names. Do you have an opinion on his ranting here?

Do you have any opinion on why someone would post here for 9 years without any interest whatsoever in your coffee klatching discussions?
My coffee klatching discussions? Wtf are you on about? Do you have a link to your thread about this bombing/raid in Yemen? Do you know if the nine year old girl was a u.s. citizen? As far as zippy goes, I haven't checked his entire post history to see if he had been silent on Obama's foreign policy, but I'm not going to take your word for it, no offense.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-29-2017, 07:15 PM
Wtf are you on about?

What are you on about? I posted the exact same format as Zippyjuan, except I reversed the names.

... but I'm not going to take your word for it, no offense.

No offense taken, man. ;) I find it strange that ZippyJuan follows this forum for 9 years, and follows around particular posters in particular. I do the same thing and it's a problem.

I got no problem with you or any genuine posters who are straightforward. This is a political forum. I asked Zip if he voted for Obama, Diane Feinstein, and Barbara Boxer and he declines to answer. :rolleyes:

Zippyjuan
01-29-2017, 07:22 PM
What are you on about? I posted the exact same format as Zippyjuan, except I reversed the names.

No offense taken, man. ;) I find it strange that ZippyJuan follows this forum for 9 years, and follows around particular posters in particular. I do the same thing and it's a problem.

I got no problem with you or any genuine posters who are straightforward. This is a political forum. I asked Zip if he voted for Obama, Diane Feinstein, and Barbara Boxer and he declines to answer. :rolleyes:

Says the guy who posts more about me than anything else. Even copied a couple of my jokes in his sig. Though I am flattered.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-29-2017, 07:29 PM
Says the guy who posts more about me than anything else. .

Not even close.

But that's from the guy with over 32,000 posts, with not a single one supporting liberty or the mission of this site. Over 30,000 of your posts are contrary to liberty postings here.

Though I am flattered

Guess this forum is flattered you've been here 9 years. Must be important to you.

"Fans don't boo nobodies."

--Reggie Jackson

Zippyjuan
01-29-2017, 07:30 PM
See what I mean? Obsessed.

Pizzo
01-29-2017, 07:31 PM

Ok, I see what you mean about the same post but reversed. That is the one I quoted because it was the most recent, but you have two other posts criticising posters, but no mention of the event. Al-awlaki and his son were both U.S. citizens and they were killed. This is bad whether or not that girl was a citizen as well, but I'd she was that is major. I happen to think us continuing the foreign policy of the past is more important then zippy's voting past. I'm sure plenty of the posters on this forum who run around calling everyone cucks, commies, liberals, etc have some neocon votes in their past. Cheers.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-29-2017, 07:36 PM
See what I mean? Obsessed.

No, I don't see what you mean.

Zippyjuan

NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-29-2017, 07:38 PM
... but you have two other posts criticising posters, ...more important then zippy's voting past.

I'm sure plenty of the posters on this forum who run around calling everyone cucks, commies, liberals, etc have some neocon votes in their past. Cheers.

Sure, people change, but Zip has never supported liberty. Just ask him why he is here. You'll never get a straight answer.

MallsRGood
01-29-2017, 08:21 PM

...funny how that works.

#MuhTeemz

Origanalist
01-29-2017, 08:32 PM
...funny how that works.

#MuhTeemz

Yay team red! we're going to do the war on terror right this time.

Zippyjuan
01-29-2017, 09:13 PM
Yay team red! we're going to do the war on terror right this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJJifj9LFbs

enhanced_deficit
01-29-2017, 10:06 PM

As long as he does not return Nobel Peace Price, statue of limitations on his responsibility for increased instability & bloodbath in mideast probably won't kick in so quickly.

He wasn't solely blamed here even if this mission had been planned under his watch and his policies helped create current mess afteraffects of which new administration will be handling and will be judged upon.
Or are you of the view that Obama solely is responsible all loss of life in Iraq , Afghanistan during last years starting with one day after Bush left?

euphemia
01-29-2017, 10:39 PM
Nine days, people. The man has been president nine days.

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2017, 10:50 PM
Are you sure this was the US military? We don't have "commandos" in any of our 5 branches. Maybe he is talking about the UK military? Or Indonesia or something like that?

UWDude
01-29-2017, 11:22 PM
full-tilt red-faced neocon warmonger, splattering the blood of women and children across 4 countries in his first week.

Hyperbole. When he starts toppling governments, then Ill consider him a neocon.

timosman
01-30-2017, 12:02 AM
lol triggered trumpies. The silly attempts to divert attention from the FACT that trump has come out of the gate as a full-tilt red-faced neocon warmonger, splattering the blood of women and children across 4 countries in his first week.

I guess as long as he keeps short brown people from crossing the border we're on track.

Anybody notice how the MSM is all about the immigration shenanigans and burying the war stories?

I nominate this post for an extra reward. Have your employer contact me if they need to verify my neg rep. :cool:

ThePaleoLibertarian
01-30-2017, 01:14 AM
The idea that Trump would disengage from American dirty wars was always a fantasy. Indeed, no President could do it, including President Paul.

The real of realpolitik within libertarianism rears its head yet again.

undergroundrr
01-30-2017, 06:48 AM
I nominate this post for an extra reward. Have your employer contact me if they need to verify my neg rep. :cool:

I cherish your -rep.

Welcome to the new RPF - don't dare call out Dear Orange Leader and his grasps for empire.

XNavyNuke
01-30-2017, 07:15 AM
The idea that Trump would disengage from American dirty wars was always a fantasy. Indeed, no President could do it, including President Paul.

Those believing such a fantasy were not watching Trumps lips move. He has said from the beginning of his campaign that he was going to be more aggressive dealing with terrorists. I suppose it's possible some turnip brains might have thought he meant that he would make a deal to set-up businesses, hire all the terrorist in the sandbox, and make widgets.

As to the NYT reporter's assertion that "American forces have not conducted any special operations in Yemen since December 2014", I'm unimpressed by their inability to spend two minutes going through CENTCOM's press release page. But hey, they got their narrative to push and I assume their readership is too stoopid to know how to find information on their own.

XNN

juleswin
01-30-2017, 07:39 AM
The idea that Trump would disengage from American dirty wars globalist economic alliance was always a fantasy. Indeed, no President could do it, including President Paul.

The real of realpolitik within libertarianism rears its head yet again.

If Trump can't disengage in a place as inconsequential as Yemen, how can we expect him to go against to economic battle with the globalists? He won by saying that we should follow an America first policy, we should stop regime change policies etc and you are coming to tell me that he cannot do those things which won him the election.

Next thing we would hear is that Trump cannot change the US immigration and refugee policy.

XNavyNuke
01-31-2017, 07:50 PM
Local newspaper writes up Chief Owens.
http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170130/navy-seal-who-died-in-yemen-raid-was-from-peoria

XNN

TheTexan
01-31-2017, 08:12 PM
The U.S. military said 14 militants died in the attack on a powerful al Qaeda branch that has been a frequent target of U.S. drone strikes. Medics at the scene, however, said around 30 people, including 10 women and children, were killed.

At least we got the terrorists tho

anaconda
01-31-2017, 08:46 PM
Anti-war left is showing up in impressive numbers out of sudden. :cool:

It's 2006 all over again.

undergroundrr
02-02-2017, 01:21 PM

Turns out that was true but Obama admin decided not to act on it:

Trump's disastrous first military strike had previously been rejected by Obama
February 1, 2017

Saturday's Navy SEAL raid in Yemen — which resulted in the death of an 8-year-old American girl and a U.S. naval officer — had previously been rejected by former President Barack Obama, The Guardian reports. President Trump approved of the raid in his first military strike as commander-in-chief:

[Colonel John] Thomas said he did not know why the prior administration did not authorize the operation, but said the Obama administration had effectively exercised a "pocket veto" over it.

A former official said the operation had been reviewed several times, but the underlying intelligence was not judged strong enough to justify the risks, and the case was left to the incoming Trump administration to make its own judgment. [The Guardian]

Yemeni officials say at least 10 women and children were also killed, including the 8-year-old daughter of U.S.-born Anwar al-Awlaki, a senior leader of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula who was himself slain a 2011 drone strike. Read more about how things went wrong here. Jeva Lange

http://theweek.com/speedreads/677442/trumps-disastrous-first-military-strike-previously-been-rejected-by-obama

Zippyjuan
02-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Turns out that was true but Obama admin decided not to act on it:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/677442/trumps-disastrous-first-military-strike-previously-been-rejected-by-obama

Trump less concerned about "collateral damages". That makes him more dangerous.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2017, 05:13 AM
Trump less concerned about "collateral damages". That makes him more dangerous.

You mean like Ron Paul being dangerous to your Jewish brethren?

nikcers
02-03-2017, 05:44 AM
You mean like Ron Paul being dangerous to your Jewish brethren?

Donald Trump - "Ron Paul has Zero chance of getting elected. He Doesn't Even Think In Terms Of Israel"
Ron Paul says Iran should have nuclear weapons are can have nuclear weapons and doesn't even think in terms of Israel. http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-ron-paul-huntsman-today-2011-12

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Donald Trump - "Ron Paul has Zero chance of getting elected. He Doesn't Even Think In Terms Of Israel"
Ron Paul says Iran should have nuclear weapons are can have nuclear weapons and doesn't even think in terms of Israel. http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-ron-paul-huntsman-today-2011-12

Exactly. That's why ZippyJuan and TheCount find Ron so alarming and are on this board.

undergroundrr
02-03-2017, 05:19 PM
What a screw-up this is turning out to be:

In an awkward reversal, the U.S. military promptly withdrew an old video by Islamist militants it had released on Friday as evidence that a fatal raid in Yemen by American special forces this week was a counter terrorism success.

An expert in radical Islamist media said the footage by unknown militants appeared to be part of videos first released by jihadists online some 10 years ago, undermining the Pentagon's explanation about its value.

A U.S. Central Command spokesman confirmed that the video was removed from the website because the contents were old.

"We didn't want it to appear that we were trying to pass off an old video as a new video," spokesman Colonel John Thomas said.

It is the latest controversy surrounding the raid on a branch of al Qaeda in Yemen, the first such operation authorized by President Donald Trump as commander in chief.

The military said the video was found on Sunday in the operation in al-Bayda province in which a U.S. Navy SEAL, militants and civilians were killed.

A U.S. Central Command spokesman had said on Friday the clip of a ski-masked man encouraging people to build bombs, was "one example of the volumes of sensitive al-Qa'eda terror-planning information recovered during the operation."

The Department of Defense posted the video on its web site on Friday but pulled it off within several hours when questions began to arise about its age.

The footage appeared to be similar to that in other videos that surfaced online in 2007.

"The video clip that was posted and abruptly taken down was one of 25 videos that appeared (published) in 2007,” said Adam Raisman, a senior analyst at SITE group which monitors extremists online. He added that the only difference was that the Pentagon video had English subtitles added.

Pentagon spokesman Captain Jeff Davis said the video was still of worth, even if it may have been created earlier.

"It does not matter when the video was made, that they had it is still illustrative of who they are and what their intentions are," Davis said.

U.S. Navy SEAL William "Ryan" Owens was killed in the raid, which the Pentagon said also killed 14 militants. Medics at the scene said about 30 people, including 10 women and children, also died.

U.S. military officials told Reuters this week that the operation went ahead without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.

But Central Command said earlier this week that it only asks for operations it believes have a good chance of success based on its planning. Pentagon spokesman Davis has said the element of surprise had not been lost in the raid.

(Reporting by Idrees Ali; Editing by Yara Bayoumy and Alistair Bell)

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-yemen-raid-idUSKBN15I2NT?il=0

H. E. Panqui
02-04-2017, 05:18 AM
xnavynuke asserts: 'Those believing such a fantasy were not watching Trumps lips move. He has said from the beginning of his campaign that he was going to be more aggressive dealing with terrorists.'

:eek:

...one problem with the gd fool republicrat trump and his dullard republicrat supporters is that they can't get it through their thick skulls that their stinking politicians are the world champion 'terrorists'...[please use dictionary definition, not the rush/glenn definition]

...lots of hypocrisy here...some apologized for the 'd' obomba when he was terrorizing...now the r's come out and apologize for the orange terrorist...

....republicrats suck...UGH!!!!

...as doug casey put it:
"...It’s quite true that Islamists are threatened by, and dislike, Western culture, but that has little to do with why this has turned into a shooting war. And they’re absolutely not striking out because “they hate freedom,” as Bush and the neocons have – idiotically, but without challenge from Boobus Americanus – said so many times. They’re striking out because of the U.S. constantly meddling in their part of the world – everything from installing and propping up the hated shah for decades, to sending Marines to Lebanon, to stationing troops in Arabia, the Prophet’s homeland, to shooting down an innocent Iranian airliner, to bombing an aspirin factory in the Sudan.
They’re using terror tactics against the West (mainly America) for two reasons:

On a fundamental level, they want the Americans to stop meddling in their affairs; and
On a practical level, terror provides by far the most cost-effective method of fighting the Americans, in order to make them go away and stop meddling..."

H. E. Panqui
02-04-2017, 05:21 AM
!!

CPUd
02-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Yemen bans US from more special ops against terrorists

Yemen has revoked U.S. privileges to carry out Special Operations ground missions against suspected terrorists, U.S. officials said late Tuesday.

The move comes just more than a week after a Jan. 29 commando raid resulted in the deaths of civilians, including children. The military action was the first President Trump presided over. The raid, carried out by Navy SEAL Team 6, also saw the first in-action death of a military member since Trump took office.

Trump had approved the raid despite being only nine days into his presidency and having discussed the details about the operation over dinner, unlike former Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush, who regularly used the Situation Room when considering attacks like the one carried out in Yemen, according to the New York Times.

The number of civilians who were wounded and killed in the attack is unknown. CENTCOM said the individuals were "caught up" in aerial gunfire after "armed women" opened fire on U.S. troops during the raid.

The Pentagon has since denied reports that the raid had targeted an al Qaeda compound where a top terrorist leader was staying.

Yemen was one of seven countries on Trump's list that mandated immigration from these nations be suspended for 90 days due to national security concerns. It's unknown whether the decision by Yemen government officials was also connected to that suspension.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/yemen-bans-us-from-more-special-ops-against-terrorists/article/2614215

CPUd
02-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Bipartisan group of senators demand Yemen briefing

A bipartisan group of four senators is demanding a briefing on the U.S. military’s objectives in Yemen, as new details emerge about a Navy SEAL raid that left one U.S. service member and a number of civilians dead.

Republicans Rand Paul of Kentucky and Mike Lee of Utah have joined Democrats Chris Murphy of Connecticut and Al Franken of Minnesota to request “a classified briefing” from the Trump administration on “our actions and objectives” in Yemen.

The four senators have been critical of U.S. policies toward Yemen in the past, criticizing U.S. weapon sales to Saudi Arabia that the Saudis have used in a military campaign in Yemen that has exacerbated a humanitarian crisis there.

“Events of the last two weeks underscore the complexity and the risks of our involvement in Yemen, and we believe a detailed report to Congress from the Department of Defense, Department of State, and the Intelligence Community about U.S. policy there is necessary,” the senators wrote in a letter to Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and acting Director of National Intelligence Michael Dempsey.

Last week, Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-Ariz.) wrote to Mattis requesting a briefing on the Yemen raid for the House Armed Services Committee.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/senators-want-yemen-raid-briefing-234846

rpfocus
02-09-2017, 06:27 PM

Orange flavored Hope and Change coming your way!

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRDlbBuLewzNUiAmTwQJsujWAfilL2Q VR1mE78DnTvkSTdOtFz

undergroundrr
02-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Republicans Rand Paul of Kentucky and Mike Lee of Utah have joined Democrats Chris Murphy of Connecticut and Al Franken of Minnesota to request “a classified briefing” from the Trump administration on “our actions and objectives” in Yemen.http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/senators-want-yemen-raid-briefing-234846

I'm going to listen real hard to see if this classified briefing is granted. It will be a major victory if it is, even if we never hear the details.

nikcers
02-10-2017, 12:14 AM
Bush is getting the last laugh- Trump was the better salesman, Trump said lets go into Iraq and take the oil, Bush said go to make it a democracy- to nation build, Jeb said it wasn't a mistake and he would do it again. Power players say the dissolution of the soviet union created a vacuum. Trump isn't staying neutral and is not going to let any other super power get created. Unless the memo released earlier means that China won.

CPUd
02-13-2017, 11:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4joHSgWYAEtQbq.jpg

Madison320
02-13-2017, 01:52 PM

This is such an idiotic post. First of all most of the people here in this forum hate both Trump and Obama and complain fairly equally about both. Second it is YOU who are BY FAR the biggest hypocrite in this forum when it comes to bias. You never complain about the democrats and you always complain about the republicans.

Zippyjuan
02-13-2017, 01:58 PM
Only because the Democrats are already covered plenty here. I try to spread it around a bit more.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-13-2017, 02:16 PM

This is such an idiotic post. First of all most of the people here in this forum hate both Trump and Obama and complain fairly equally about both. Second it is YOU who are BY FAR the biggest hypocrite in this forum when it comes to bias. You never complain about the democrats and you always complain about the republicans.

Did you know Zip is now claiming to be a "supporting member" of this site? ----------------------------->

Zippyjuan
Supporting Member
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/customavatars/thumbs/avatar17293_5.gif

Ender
02-13-2017, 03:34 PM
Did you know Zip is now claiming to be a "supporting member" of this site? ----------------------------->

WILL. YOU. PLEASE. STOP.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-13-2017, 03:37 PM
WILL. YOU. PLEASE. STOP.

Why are you asking me? I'm not the one playing games on here for 9 years. So it's okay for him to do this, but nobody can call him on it? :confused:

Ender
02-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Why are you asking me? So it's okay for him to do this, but nobody can call him on it? :confused:

When's the last time Zippyjuan or CPUd or TheCount was rude to you?

Like....mmm... uh....never?

I like you NCL, but the whole site is getting very hard to read with all the neg hate/insults.

I was hoping it would be over after the election......... :(

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-13-2017, 03:44 PM
When's the last time Zippyjuan or CPUd or TheCount was rude to you?

Like....mmm... uh....never?

Zip is rude everyday, but what does that have to do with it?

... but the whole site is getting very hard to read with all the neg hate/insults.

So why are you not addressing this to Zip? :confused:

Zippyjuan
02-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Zip is rude everyday, but what does that have to do with it?

Examples? (By the way, there a couple of posts I made which you have not yet spammed).

Perhaps you think you are making me look like some sort of fool to people but you are the one looking silly with your obsession.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-13-2017, 03:52 PM
Examples?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?17293-Zippyjuan

(By the way, there a couple of posts I made which you have not yet spammed).

Have you gotten around to spamming everyone here in your 9 years?

Perhaps you think you are making me look like some sort of fool to people but you are the one looking silly with your obsession.

You mean like the way you have been obsessed with the site for 9 years? I'll bet you've spammed this site almost every single day for that 9 years. Even Christmas.

Zippyjuan
02-13-2017, 03:59 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?17293-Zippyjuan

Have you gotten around to spamming everyone here in your 9 years?

You mean like the way you have been obsessed with the site for 9 years? I'll bet you've spammed this site almost every single day for that 9 years. Even Christmas.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content.php?1989

2) Treat others with respect.

Do not make accusations, declarations on others' character, question their motives, be judgmental, assign them to a group or make any other negative personal commentary of members.
No insulting, antagonizing or personally attacking other users.
Do not suggest that other members should leave or that they otherwise don't belong here.
Do not publicly discuss which site members you don't like, who is on your ignore list or similar.
No misquoting other members when debating, such as with "fixed it for you."
Be respectful of others' religion or lack thereof.
No posting of anyone's personal contact information or members' personal details.
See the "Being Respectful" section below for more details.

If you take issue with another member:

Do:

Debate the issues. Attack bad ideas and questionable information.
If a user keeps rehashing the same debate, call for a "Site Issue Evaluation" debate thread on the issues in accordance with our "Site Issue Evaluations - Managing Contentious Issues" policy. Message the staff for details if needed.
Put the user on your ignore list.

Don't:

Do not call other members names such as idiot, troll, liberal (unless self-labeled) or other names.
Do not antagonize other members by calling them out in thread titles.
Do not hunt down random posts by a user to apply negative reputation points.
Do not use PMs or rep messages as a backhanded way to break the guidelines.
Do not attempt to rally a negative campaign against the member.
Do not accuse others of violating the guidelines.
Do not retaliate if attacked; refocus the discussion to the topic, call for the discussion to be kept civil or do not respond.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=20145713

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-13-2017, 04:02 PM

You did not answer my question. I expected that because you will soon be off to the next big thread.

And you forgot to abide by one of the rules you neglected to post:

3) Support our Mission.

No promoting agendas that counter our Mission.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-13-2017, 04:08 PM
This is you Zip. This is under the rules of respect:

2)Treat others with respect.

No...antagonizing other users.

This the the ONLY thing you do here. Every single day of the year.

You have absolutely no respect for 99% of the people here. You just added to that by adding "supporting member" to your avatar.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-13-2017, 04:15 PM
Zip,

I previously asked you in a nice way about your voting choices, stances on liberty, etc. I first asked you this after I first read about 20 of your posts. They were all very contrary and antagonistic, and that struck me as odd. I asked myself why a longtime member would engage others in such an ill-mannered way.

I think my questions to you about voting and political stances are legit, considering the nature of this site. You answered with smartass replies and then went on to other threads to antagonize other users. You do this all the time.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-13-2017, 04:26 PM
Antagonize. Verb. to continually alienate; to act in opposition to; oppose; irritate; provoke; to incur dislike or opposition; to purposely argue or alienate as an end in and of itself.

as in: John likes to argue just to argue!

Omphfullas Zamboni
02-14-2017, 12:02 AM
Mostly, accusing someone of spamming because you disagree with their posts seems unnecessary.

timosman
02-14-2017, 12:06 AM
Mostly, accusing someone of spamming because you disagree with their posts seems unnecessary.

Let's make a nice general statement completely irrelevant to the situation at hand. :cool:

enhanced_deficit
02-14-2017, 02:12 AM
In related news:

Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prizehttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGtEMNEO-fyGDkrX8SXwOC9W7ep3bbOYcc5HlBru1wktMvegy-

Madison320
02-14-2017, 12:45 PM
Only because the Democrats are already covered plenty here. I try to spread it around a bit more.

That excuse might work if this was a Rush Limbaugh forum where most people are hypocrites for the right. But on this website where most people can't stand republicans or democrats it just makes you a hypocrite.

But at least you admit it.

GunnyFreedom
02-14-2017, 02:30 PM
America has Komandos.

http://i.imgur.com/jn0V76k.png

undergroundrr
02-28-2017, 10:50 AM
Chickenhawk coward trump blames Obama, generals etc. for the botched raid trump green-lighted. The buck stops... somewhere that's not trump.

"This was a mission that was started before I got here." (http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-blames-obama-yemen-raid-navy-seal-2017-2)

CPUd
02-28-2017, 11:12 AM
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/836562121114660864

CPUd
03-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Death In Al Ghayil

Women and Children in Yemeni Village Recall Horror of Trump’s “Highly Successful” SEAL Raid

ON JANUARY 29, 5-year-old Sinan al Ameri was asleep with his mother, his aunt, and 12 other children in a one-room stone hut typical of poor rural villages in the highlands of Yemen. A little after 1 a.m., the women and children awoke to the sound of a gunfight erupting a few hundred feet away. Roughly 30 members of Navy SEAL Team 6 were storming the eastern hillside of the remote settlement.

According to residents of the village of al Ghayil, in Yemen’s al Bayda province, the first to die in the assault was 13-year-old Nasser al Dhahab. The house of his uncle, Sheikh Abdulraouf al Dhahab, and the building behind it, the home of 65-year-old Abdallah al Ameri and his son Mohammed al Ameri, 38, appeared to be the targets of the U.S. forces, who called in air support as they were pinned down in a nearly hourlong firefight.

With the SEALs taking heavy fire on the lower slopes, attack helicopters swept over the hillside hamlet above. In what seemed to be blind panic, the gunships bombarded the entire village, striking more than a dozen buildings, razing stone dwellings where families slept, and wiping out more than 120 goats, sheep, and donkeys.

Three projectiles tore through the straw and timber roof of the home where Sinan slept. Cowering in a corner, Sinan’s mother, 30-year-old Fatim Saleh Mohsen, decided to flee the bombardment. Grabbing her 18-month-old son and ushering her terrified children into the narrow outdoor passageway between the tightly packed dwellings, she headed into the open. Over a week later, Sinan’s aunt Nadr al Ameri wept as she stood in the same room and recalled watching her sister run out the door into the darkness.

Nesma al Ameri, an elderly village matriarch who lost four family members in the raid, described how the attack helicopters began firing down on anything that moved. As she recounted the horror of what happened, Sinan tapped her on the arm. “No, no. The bullets were coming from behind,” the 5-year-old insisted, interrupting to demonstrate how he was shot at and his mother gunned down as they ran for their lives. “From here to here,” Sinan said, putting two fingers to the back of his head and drawing an invisible line to illustrate the direction of the bullet exiting her forehead. His mother fell to the ground next to him, still clutching his baby brother in her arms. Sinan kept running.

His mother’s body was found in the early light of dawn, the front of her head split open. The baby was wounded but alive. Sinan’s mother was one of at least six women killed in the raid, the first counterterrorism operation of the Trump administration, which also left 10 children under the age of 13 dead. “She was hit by the plane. The American plane,” explained Sinan. “She’s in heaven now,” he added with a shy smile, seemingly unaware of the enormity of what he had witnessed or, as yet, the impact of his loss. “Dog Trump,” declared Nesma, turning to the other women in the room for agreement. “Yes, the dog Trump,” they agreed.

According to White House press secretary Sean Spicer, the al Ghayil raid “was a very, very well thought out and executed effort,” planning for which began under the Obama administration back in November 2016. Although Ned Price, former National Security Council spokesperson, and Colin Kahl, the national security adviser under Vice President Biden, challenged Spicer’s account, what is agreed upon is that Trump gave the final green light over dinner at the White House on January 25. According to two people with direct knowledge, the White House did not notify the U.S. ambassador to Yemen in advance of the operation.

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/09/women-and-children-in-yemeni-village-recall-horror-of-trumps-highly-successful-seal-raid/

dannno
03-10-2017, 06:32 PM
https://theintercept.com/2017/03/09/women-and-children-in-yemeni-village-recall-horror-of-trumps-highly-successful-seal-raid/

That's the one Obama planned, right?

Considering Obama wire tapped Trump, I wonder if he set that raid up as a sabotage for Trump?

How do you feel about that? I mean, shit, murdering innocent children and families to make Trump look bad? Would you be willing to murder people to make Trump look bad, or do you think that is going too far?

CPUd
03-10-2017, 06:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKvZJPLHeBM