PDA

View Full Version : Ep. 833 Libertarians in a World Gone Mad: Trump’s Early Days and the Leftist Response

Suzanimal
01-28-2017, 11:10 AM
Great discussion.

Ep. 833 Libertarians in a World Gone Mad: Trump’s Early Days and the Leftist Response

I just had to discuss current events with someone, so I decided to talk to Jeff Deist, whose judgment I always value. We looked at the left, the right, and libertarianism at the present moment, as unknown four years begin to unfold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdKH5nGPozg&feature=youtu.be

juleswin
01-28-2017, 12:45 PM
Great discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdKH5nGPozg&feature=youtu.be

Is Tom Woods still riding Trump's dick?

Brian4Liberty
01-28-2017, 01:53 PM
Is Tom Woods ...?

Why not listen and find out?

undergroundrr
01-28-2017, 01:56 PM

Because this video is about the same length as your average Beethoven Symphony or Piano Concerto. And a bit longer than a Van Halen album. Any of which have much more to offer than the equivalent duration of "paleo" trumpie spew.

Suzanimal
01-28-2017, 02:18 PM
Deist and Woods talks about depoliticizing society and secession for a good part of the discussion (first half). Then they talk about the inaugural address and liberals reaction to it. Woods points out Trumps hypocrisy with Israel. They discuss the Woman's march. The power of the left.

This wasn't a Trump love fest.

Origanalist
01-28-2017, 02:19 PM
Because this video is about the same length as your average Beethoven Symphony or Piano Concerto. And a bit longer than a Van Halen album. Any of which have much more to offer than the equivalent duration of "paleo" trumpie spew.

I listened to much of it. I don't think you can classify it as such. And no, he's not riding Trumps dick, I agreed with most of what I heard.

juleswin
01-28-2017, 03:57 PM

Yea, but I rather use my 35 minute in a more constructive way other than listening to a mouth piece of the state(right wing). I was hoping he comes back to reality once Trump starts ruling and my question was inquiring if he has come down to earth.

The last audio that I listened was the one where he spent 35 minutes trying to get Ron Paul to join him in his Trump lovefest and I did not enjoy it.

juleswin
01-28-2017, 03:58 PM
Deist and Woods talks about depoliticizing society and secession for a good part of the discussion (first half). Then they talk about the inaugural address and liberals reaction to it. Woods points out Trumps hypocrisy with Israel. They discuss the Woman's march. The power of the left.

This wasn't a Trump love fest.

Thanks for the rundown. I think its time I give his show another try.

nikcers
01-28-2017, 04:01 PM
The last audio that I listened was the one where he spent 35 minutes trying to get Ron Paul to join him in his Trump lovefest and I did not enjoy it. Yeah someone linked an infowars video like that- I watched it because Ron Paul was in it, AJ kept trying to infer that Trump was Ron Paul on steroids and Ron Paul looked so fucking annoyed. After Ron Paul got done refuting everything and Ron Paul disconnected from the webcam he spent the next 20 minutes talking about how Ron Paul is a purist and how he takes different approach to get to the same place. Even though Ron Paul spent the entire video basically getting more and more annoyed and refuting Trump's nationalism.

NewRightLibertarian
01-28-2017, 04:49 PM
If the liberty movement will be salvaged, it will be because of the courage and great minds of individuals like Jeff Deist and Tom Woods.

It's clear that the rank-and-file of the liberty movement won't be accomplishing jack (other than being whiny, do-nothing squabblers) - with this entire forum becoming a living, breathing testament to that fact.

CPUd
01-28-2017, 04:52 PM
If the liberty movement will be salvaged, it will be because of the courage and great minds of individuals like Jeff Deist and Tom Woods.

It's clear that the rank-and-file of the liberty movement won't be accomplishing jack (other than being whiny, do-nothing squabblers) - with this entire forum becoming a living, breathing testament to that fact.

Good afternoon brother can you mix concrete I can lay a perfect brick.

juleswin
01-28-2017, 05:23 PM
Yeah someone linked an infowars video like that- I watched it because Ron Paul was in it, AJ kept trying to infer that Trump was Ron Paul on steroids and Ron Paul looked so $#@!ing annoyed. After Ron Paul got done refuting everything and Ron Paul disconnected from the webcam he spent the next 20 minutes talking about how Ron Paul is a purist and how he takes different approach to get to the same place. Even though Ron Paul spent the entire video basically getting more and more annoyed and refuting Trump's nationalism.

Starting at 14 minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7W7F3_eJRY

In retrospect we can now see that Tom Woods assessment on Trump was wrong (especially abut Israel) and Ron completely right. I have just listened to a couple of more Tom Woods shows and I am seeing more reasons why I stopped listening to him.

That problem is the way he treats his guests and that is the fact that he never ever challenges them. You could come on his show and say that KFC started the Iraq war and he wouldn't challenge you on it, he would agree and then move on from there. I listened to the video he made about Chile and he just agree with his guest on EVERYTHING. This is no way of doing a radio program. You have to know a little bit about the topic you are talking about so you can ask challenging questions to your quest.

Sorry, it wasn't 35 minutes of Tom trying to get Ron to ride Trumps dick, it was more like 10 minutes. My apologies to any Tom Woods fan out there.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-28-2017, 05:33 PM
Yeah someone linked an infowars video like that- I watched it because Ron Paul was in it, AJ kept trying to infer that Trump was Ron Paul on steroids.

User MallsRGood (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?66308-MallsRGood) said the same thing here:

Ron Paul on steroids, yo.

(Ron loved nothing more than large contracts to Boeing and Raytheon)

MAGA!

..and DARPA!

I mean DERPA!

It's really funny how all you people posting on nothing but Don have the same theme and even repeat one another. :rolleyes:

undergroundrr
01-28-2017, 10:11 PM

I am glad to have earned your -rep and accompanying ad hominems. May I inspire many more.

Woods, Deist, Rockwell, North et al have done good things in the past. I lost a huge amount of respect for the Rocktopus over the past year. Let's just say I'm waiting to see if they come back to their senses.

undergroundrr
01-28-2017, 10:17 PM
I listened to much of it. I don't think you can classify it as such. And no, he's not riding Trumps dick, I agreed with most of what I heard.

I appreciate this.

At this point, Ron Paul himself is about the only person in political commentary-land I care to hear talking for more than 20 minutes. The other old liberty voices just seem to be trying to outdo each other with mean-spiritedness and pointless collectivist invective.

nikcers
01-28-2017, 10:22 PM
User MallsRGood (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?66308-MallsRGood) said the same thing here:

It's really funny how all you people posting on nothing but Don have the same theme and even repeat one another. :rolleyes:
The Ron Paul on steroids was a RPF meme that kahless or mordan started. They were such true believers that they wanted it to be true. I don't know what you mean by you people, I am white.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-29-2017, 05:44 AM
I don't know what you mean by you people, I am white.

Yeah, you UK people are pretty pale.

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2017, 06:08 AM
Is Tom Woods still riding Trump's dick?

This could probably have accomplished in a more constructive manner.