PDA

View Full Version : Americans Think Trump Will Be Worst President Since Nixon

CPUd
01-28-2017, 06:51 AM
Americans Think Trump Will Be Worst President Since Nixon

PPP's newest national poll finds Donald Trump continuing to fare poorly with the public in his first week in office. Voters split evenly in their appraisals of his job performance with 44% approving and 44% disapproving of him. These are historically awful numbers for a newly elected President. When it comes to Trump's favorability rating, only 44% of voters see him positively to 50% with a negative opinion. By contrast the women who participated in marches across the country last weekend against Trump are seen positively by 50% of voters, to just 41% who see them poorly.

There are a number of reasons for Trump's continuing unpopularity. One piece of it is that voters don't like the policies he wants to enact:

-We find that only 34% of voters want to build a wall with Mexico if American taxpayers have to pay up front for it, compared to 53% who are opposed to doing that.

-We find that with Trump in office now, the Affordable Care Act is reaching record levels of popularity with 45% of voters supporting it to 41% who are opposed. Only 30% of voters think the best plan is to repeal the act and start over, while 61% would prefer Congress to keep the Affordable Care Act and fix parts that aren't working.

Another set of reasons that Trump's struggling right now are concerns about his transparency and conflicts of interest:

-59% of voters think Trump needs to release his tax returns, to just 32% who don't think it's necessary for him to. In fact, 54% of voters would support a law requiring candidates for President to release 5 years of tax returns in order to appear on the ballot, to just 34% who would be opposed to putting that requirement in place.

-61% of voters think Trump needs to fully divest from his business interests, to only 28% who don't think it's necessary for him to do that.

-Trump's ties to Russia continue to be a problem for him. Only 13% of voters have a favorable opinion of Russia, to 60% with a negative view of it. For Vladimir Putin himself, the numbers are even worse. Just 10% of voters see him positively, with 67% having an unfavorable opinion of him. Continued close ties to Russia could be a problem for Trump even with his own base- among his voters Russia has a 20/47 favorability rating and Putin's is 15/55.

Voters are so dim on Trump that they think, in the first week of his administration, that he will prove to be a worse President than everyone who's held the office since Richard Nixon.

http://i.imgur.com/kfQpSGm.png
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_National_12617.pdf

openfire
01-28-2017, 06:56 AM
They also thought:

- he wouldn't run
- he wouldn't win the GOP nomination
- he wouldn't win the presidency
- he wouldn't follow through with his campaign promises

^ Because the media told them so.

Moral of the story, anyone who reads this crap is a f*cking moron.

CPUd
01-28-2017, 06:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sqooDaD.png

TER
01-28-2017, 07:29 AM
The more CPUd posts, the more I grow in support for Trump. Can it be on account of spite? Possibly. But it is what it is.

It could also be that paid trolls simply disgust me.

timosman
01-28-2017, 09:20 AM
Has RPF become a dumping ground for fake news? Where are the mods ffs?

Madison320
01-28-2017, 09:48 AM
They also thought:

- he wouldn't run

After the election poll fiasco these polls are sounding really silly.

tod evans
01-28-2017, 10:03 AM
Americans Think

Hold it right there!

staerker
01-28-2017, 10:37 AM
Has RPF become a dumping ground for fake news? Where are the mods ffs?

This site would be better maintained if all of the Fake News spam posts were replaced with adverts for knockoff basketball shoes. The time of it's users would be put to less waste, and less damage would be done to it's reputation.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-28-2017, 03:09 PM
The more CPUd posts, the more I grow in support for Trump. Can it be on account of spite? Possibly. But it is what it is.

Yep. Psychologists probably have a name for that.

It could also be that paid trolls simply disgust me.

These people definitely have some thought, resources, and organization behind them.

seapilot
01-28-2017, 03:43 PM
I stopped trusting any poll after I saw Frank Luntz was a considered a respected pollster.

CPUd
01-28-2017, 04:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAXS_bdgJTA

ThePaleoLibertarian
01-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Compared to several other 20th Century presidents, Nixon wasn't even that bad. The idea that he's the worst of the worst is a narrative pushed by the Cathedral.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-28-2017, 04:59 PM
Does anybody actually click on these videos posted by CPUd? I certainly don't.

bunklocoempire
01-28-2017, 05:32 PM
So Americans really do dig the gold standard?

Trump's got some gold curtains and stuff. What's the problem?

Polls of non-liberty substance = Tell us how you want us to lie to you

heavenlyboy34
01-28-2017, 05:38 PM
Compared to several other 20th Century presidents, Nixon wasn't even that bad. The idea that he's the worst of the worst is a narrative pushed by the Cathedral.

The War On Drugs and the War On Crime were Tricky Dick's ideas. That alone puts him pretty high up on the "evil" list...

CPUd
01-28-2017, 05:41 PM
The War On Drugs and the War On Crime were Tricky Dick's ideas. That alone puts him pretty high up on the "evil" list...

And he bombed the shit out of Cambodia, which didn't actually help to end the Vietnam war.

KrokHead
01-28-2017, 05:42 PM
Mainstream Media, wake the fuck up, the bad press doesn't hurt Trump. COME UP WITH A HALFWAY DECENT LIBERAL AND Y'ALL DO FINE.

Butthurt pricks.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-28-2017, 05:55 PM
www.publicpolicypolling.com

The company you cited acknowledges that they are "no doubt" a Democratic company and that they "were rooting hard for Obama."

From their own website:

PPP is a Democratic company, no doubt. We do private polling for Democratic candidates and we were rooting hard for Obama.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2008/11/ppps-bias.html

CPUd
01-28-2017, 06:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pfrPGfW.png

euphemia
01-28-2017, 07:00 PM
A chart. How sweet. Who is whose sock puppet?

TheTexan
01-28-2017, 07:15 PM
He's gonna be the greatest president of all time IMO

Possibly... POSSIBLY... even better than Lincoln

timosman
01-28-2017, 07:17 PM
He's gonna be the greatest president of all time IMO

Possibly... POSSIBLY... even better than Lincoln

Your posting privileges have been revoked. Please don't do this anymore.:cool:

cindy25
01-28-2017, 07:25 PM
why was Nixon the worst? he abolished the draft. many were far, far worse (FDR, LBJ, Wilson, Bush 43, Obama, Lincoln, Truman)

many were more corrupt (Clinton, Harding Grant, LBJ)

the only fault I have with Nixon is the six day war. He could have done nothing, or just dragged his feet a little.

oyarde
01-28-2017, 07:39 PM
I see no possible way for him to be worse than the previous based only on the current makeup of congress . Once CalExit is complete Congress will be significantly improved again . As bad as it is now , it is much improved over 8 years ago .

Ender
01-28-2017, 07:51 PM
why was Nixon the worst? he abolished the draft. many were far, far worse (FDR, LBJ, Wilson, Bush 43, Obama, Lincoln, Truman)

many were more corrupt (Clinton, Harding Grant, LBJ)

the only fault I have with Nixon is the six day war. He could have done nothing, or just dragged his feet a little.

Harding was one of the 20 century best presidents the US ever had. Pulled the country out of a depression and did a lot of good. There was some scandal during his presidency but no proof he was ever involved in it. He also died mysteriously, which is ueually a sign he was doing some good.

euphemia
01-28-2017, 08:20 PM
It's only Trump's second week. He has already frozen new hiring, fired the head of Border Patrol, and forced out the top crooks at the State Department, and is forging an interesting relationship with Merkel, Putin, May, and Abe. He has Congress on their toes. The administration has affirmed pro-life principles.

The President isn't exactly playing golf and watching ESPN.

UWDude
01-28-2017, 09:41 PM

Kind of. Nixon;s war on drugs was heavily focused on rehabilitation, with over 2/3rds of funds going into rehabilitation. It was Reagan and his congress that ramped it up to a "lock em all up" attitude, and Bush and Clinton who made it into a "mandatory minimum" and "selling pot is a violent felony" and "three strikes you're out!"

nikcers
01-28-2017, 10:07 PM
The more CPUd posts, the more I grow in support for Trump. Can it be on account of spite? Possibly... The doctor should be able to help you with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OwHDbjH2LM

timosman
01-28-2017, 10:09 PM
Baby steps, baby steps.:cool:

euphemia
01-28-2017, 10:43 PM
This thread is precisely why only ignorant people believe everything they read. Intelligent people look beyond the headlines and look at what happens instead of what some *yawn* liberal thinks everyone ought to think. I like the idea that Trump is reaching out to world leaders and trying to forge some positive relationships with leaders who matter. For my entire life, US foreign policy has been rooted in the idea that people with no discernable power are somehow going to take over the world the first chance they get. Trump doesn't believe that, and it's a good thing. Ron Paul doesn't believe it and neither does Rand. At least be consistent in your thinking.

CPUd
01-28-2017, 10:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nSy64mUhNk

timosman
01-28-2017, 11:15 PM
CPUd is very naughty today.

AngryCanadian
01-28-2017, 11:18 PM
They also thought:

- he wouldn't run

Exactly well said.

AngryCanadian
01-28-2017, 11:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nSy64mUhNk
Seriously? why MSNBC?

CPUd
01-28-2017, 11:22 PM
Seriously? why MSNBC?

They were referring to this specific poll.

anaconda
01-28-2017, 11:22 PM
Nixon won in 1972 in a monumental landslide (520 - 17). Are they comparing apples and oranges here? Why are they comparing ratings of an incoming President vs. those of an outgoing President?

Nixon general election electoral vote map:

http://www.270towin.com/historical_maps/1972_large.png

nikcers
01-28-2017, 11:23 PM
Seriously? why MSNBC? Not going to lie the only thing MSNBC seemed to be selling there was that Trump loves Putin. Lets dispel this myth once and for all since MSNBC said it.

timosman
01-28-2017, 11:24 PM
They were referring to this specific poll.

She tries too hard. Kinda like you. How many times do you need to hear "thank you!"?

Madison320
01-29-2017, 11:22 AM
It's only Trump's second week. He has already frozen new hiring, fired the head of Border Patrol, and forced out the top crooks at the State Department, and is forging an interesting relationship with Merkel, Putin, May, and Abe. He has Congress on their toes. The administration has affirmed pro-life principles.

The President isn't exactly playing golf and watching ESPN.

Let's see what happens in March when the debt ceiling suspension expires. Is there any chance Trump has the guts to balance the budget? We'll see.

nikcers
01-29-2017, 11:29 AM
Let's see what happens in March when the debt ceiling suspension expires. Is there any chance Trump has the guts to balance the budget? We'll see. I wouldn't hold your breath. You can't have warfare and welfare, and Trump is not going to cut either,there is a war against the US dollar right now, its a race to the bottom so we can install a new president in Russia.