PDA

View Full Version : Trump signs executive order for 'extreme vetting' of refugees

Zippyjuan
01-27-2017, 07:34 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/27/trump-signs-executive-order-for-extreme-vetting-refugees.html

Cites as examples terror attacks on 9/11 and San Bernardino. Except the 9/11 attackers were mostly from Saudi Arabia which is not on the list and the San Bernardino attacker was US born but had links to Pakistan- also not on the list. It would have had zero impact on those events. Many of the predominately Muslim countries in the Middle East not listed have had some sort of business tie with Trump in the past.

President Trump on Friday continued his crackdown on illegal immigration, signing sweeping new orders that tighten the country’s refugee and visa policies –suspending almost all refugee admissions for four months and indefinitely barring entry for some Syrians.

Trump signed the executive action at the Pentagon, where he met with the joint chiefs of staff and participated in the swearing-in ceremony for Defense Secretary James Mattis.

Trump said the new measure was intended “to keep radical Islamic terrorists out of the United States of America.”

“We don’t want them here,” Trump said.

The executive order also suspends visa entry into the U.S. from seven countries that have predominately Muslim populations. They include: Syria, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Libya, Sudan and Yemen.

The order also creates an “extreme vetting” process for any and all immigrants and visitors to the U.S.

House Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, told Fox News, “It’s a safer day for America.”

American Civil Liberties Union Executive Director Anthony Romero blasted Trump's plan as unconstitutional.

“‘Extreme vetting’ is just a euphemism for discriminating against Muslims," Romero said in a statement issued moments after the signing. "Identifying specific countries with Muslim majorities and carving out exceptions for minority religions flies in the face of the constitutional principle that bans the government from either favoring or discriminating against particular religions."

Trump defended the executive order during an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity.

"Right now, the FBI has over 1,000 [terrorism] investigations going on … and these are people that we let in," Trump said from the White House Thursday. "We don’t need this. Some people have come in with evil intentions. Most haven’t, I guess, but we can’t take chances."

Trump added that the U.S. has taken in tens of thousands of people.

“We know nothing about them,” he said. “They can say they vetted them. They didn’t vet them, they have no papers. How can you vet somebody when you don’t know anything about them and they have no papers?”

Civil rights and refugee advocates around the world have sounded the alarm over Trump’s executive order after a draft copy was leaked late Wednesday.

“These actions taken by Donald Trump are tantamount to a Muslim ban,” Abed A. Ayoub, the legal and policy director for the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee. “This is the Muslim ban that was promised by him on the campaign trail.”

As president, Trump has the authority to set how many refugees are allowed in annually. He can also choose to suspend the program altogether. Following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, President George W. Bush suspended refugee processing. It was later restarted.

In the last budget year, the U.S. has accepted 84,995 refugees of which 12,587 were from Syria. Former President Barack Obama set the refugee limit for the current budget year at 110,000.

Sources close to Trump tell Fox News he has plans to cut that by more than half to 50,000.

In an interview with CBN, Trump said persecuted Christians from Syria would get priority.

“They’ve been horribly treated. Do you know if you were a Christian in Syria it was impossible, at least very tough to get into the United States? If you were a Muslim you could come in, but if you were a Christian, it was almost impossible and the reason that was so unfair, everybody was persecuted in all fairness, but they were chopping off the heads of everybody but more so the Christians. And I thought it was very, very unfair. So we are going to help them.”

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-27-2017, 08:02 PM
Voted one-star-terrible for ZippyJuan thread. Purpose of thread is hardly information sharing and hardly for discussion, but to disrupt site and be contrary.
Rating is not for the text of article, but bad behavior by the OP.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-27-2017, 08:13 PM
I am also going to have to see the primary source document using the words "extreme vetting." I am not saying it is not there, but people use quotes willy-nilly. They will actually put their interpretation in quotes. This is why liberal snowflakes don't care about the meaning of your words. They only care about how they view it and their feelings.

Original text, Zip. Get busy and find that, boy.

timosman
01-27-2017, 08:16 PM
I am also going to have to see the primary source document using the words "extreme vetting." I am not saying it is not there, but people use quotes willy-nilly. They will actually put their interpretation in quotes. This is why liberal snowflakes don't care about the meaning of your words. They only care about how they view it and their feelings.

Original text, Zip. Get busy and find that, boy.

Did Zippy lie again?

anaconda
01-27-2017, 08:20 PM
Except the 9/11 attackers were mostly from Saudi Arabia.

Except that there isn't a single bit of credible evidence that any Islamic fundamentalists were aboard any of the alleged flights.

timosman
01-27-2017, 08:23 PM
have had some sort of business tie with Trump in the past

Why is Zippy so vague recently?

Zippyjuan
01-27-2017, 08:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx0-jqm_8CY

timosman
01-27-2017, 08:33 PM
Zippy knows how to use a search engine! This still does not prove the EO has anything to do with the extreme vetting. I can also play dumb. :cool:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-27-2017, 08:33 PM

That's not the document. Find the executive order text that uses the words "extreme vetting."

timosman
01-27-2017, 08:34 PM
Does Zippy get ever tired?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-27-2017, 08:34 PM
Zippy knows how to use a search engine! This still does not prove the EO has anything to do with extreme vetting. I can also play dumb. :cool:

Looks like there wasn't any vetting for Zip on this site and still isn't.

timosman
01-27-2017, 08:35 PM
That's not the document. Find the executive order text that uses the words "extreme vetting."

Zippy lacking comprehension skills? :rolleyes:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-27-2017, 08:35 PM

He has substitutes on the account. You can tell from the writing styles. And, the recent sub is always second rate. A little hot-headed too.

specsaregood
01-27-2017, 08:36 PM
Ok, and? Are we supposed to have a problem with this position? I don't. Vet away...

timosman
01-27-2017, 08:36 PM
Looks like there wasn't any vetting for Zip on this site and still isn't.

Maybe Zippy represents the silent majority?:eek:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-27-2017, 08:40 PM
Maybe Zippy represents the silent majority?:eek:

Well, Hil did get all those female votes in New York City and San Fran. Except those tub of lards are not exactly silent on anything.

Zippyjuan
01-27-2017, 08:45 PM
I seem to have a couple lost puppies following me around. Anybody lose their dog?

timosman
01-27-2017, 08:48 PM
I seem to have a couple lost puppies following me around. Anybody lose their dog?

Deflection! Is somebody helping you now?

anaconda
01-27-2017, 08:50 PM

Is it possible that one account could be worked in shifts by multiple individuals? Not saying that's the case here. I think Zippyjuan routinely provides very germane information.

timosman
01-27-2017, 08:54 PM
Is it possible that one account could be worked in shifts by multiple individuals? Not saying that's the case here. I think Zippyjuan routinely provides very germane information.

Define routinely. Sometimes?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-27-2017, 09:00 PM

You mean like the way you have followed around the site for nine years? And even certain posters at that?

CPUd
01-28-2017, 05:05 PM
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/825463554937585665

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-28-2017, 05:09 PM
[Justin Amish tweets]

Why do you care what Justin Amash thinks, and why are you posting it? Didn't you vote for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential race? If not, who was your voting choice?

nikcers
01-28-2017, 05:11 PM
Why do you care what Justin Amash thinks, and why are you posting it? Didn't you vote for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential race? If not, who was your voting choice? Why do you not care about his tweets? Why are you trying to censor Justin Amash?

01-28-2017, 05:13 PM
I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of this in principle as long as it's a temporary thing. It's probably prudent.

But in practice the Trump regime has blown it. Iran? I wasn't aware Iranian terrorists are attacking us? No Saudi Arabia? Saudi terrorists most definatly DO attack us. The EO is way way too general. We have permanent residents who can't come back among other problems. It's a mess, they need to fix it.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
Why do you not care about his tweets?

I do care about the Amash tweets. I am asking why CPUd cares about his tweets.

Why are you trying to censor Justin Amash?

How am I censoring him?

nikcers
I do care about the Amash tweets. I am asking why CPUd cares about his tweets.

How am I censoring him?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-28-2017, 05:15 PM
[Amash tweets]

How is posting more Amash tweets an answer to my questions?

Krugminator2
01-28-2017, 05:15 PM
Justin Amash should at least consider what Ron Paul proposed. I agree with Ron and (maybe) Trump. Militant Islam is fundamentally opposed to freedom.

Terror Immigration Elimination Act of 2003 & 2007

"To limit the issuance of student and diversity immigrant visas to aliens who are nationals of Saudi Arabia, countries that support terrorism, or countries not cooperating fully with United States antiterrorism efforts."

https://www.congress.gov/bill/108th-congress/house-bill/488
https://www.congress.gov/bill/110th-congress/house-bill/3217

CPUd
01-28-2017, 05:17 PM
https://twitter.com/RobertMackey/status/825480624932786176

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-28-2017, 05:20 PM
I will ask CPUd my questions one more time. I doubt he will answer my direct question with a direct answer.

Why do you care what Justin Amash thinks, and why are you posting it? Didn't you vote for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential race? If not, who was your voting choice?

CPUd
01-28-2017, 05:25 PM
First lawsuit as POTUS?

ACLU sues White House over immigration ban

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) on Saturday sued the Trump administration on behalf of two men who were detained at an airport while traveling back to the U.S. because of President Trump's immigration crackdown.

The suit was filed on behalf of Hameed Khalid Darweesh and Haider Sameer Abdulkhaleq, two men from Iraq who were detained and threatened with deportation shortly after arriving at New York’s Kennedy International Airport on Friday, hours after Trump's executive order was signed.

“President Trump's war on equality is already taking a terrible human toll,” ACLU president Omar Jadwat said in a statement. “This ban cannot be allowed to continue.”

Darweesh worked as an interpreter, engineer and contractor for the U.S. government in Iraq from about 2003 to 2013, according to the complaint filed in the Eastern District of New York. His life was in danger in Iraq because of his ties to the U.S., the ACLU said.

Alshawi was traveling to Houston, Texas, to join his wife and child, who are both permanent legal residents of the U.S.

Trump signed an executive order Friday barring people from seven Muslim-majority countries in the Middle East and Africa from entering the U.S. Iraq was among that list of countries.

The order also created a 120-day moratorium on the country’s refugee resettlement program, as the Trump administration looks to clamp down on the program’s vetting process for refugees.

Trump has long argued that terrorists are taking advantage of the U.S. refugee resettlement program to enter the country, despite a lack of supporting evidence. As a presidential candidate, he called for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States” and proposed a Muslim registry.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/316676-legal-groups-file-lawsuit-against-trump-administration-amid-refugee

Ender
01-28-2017, 06:14 PM
I will ask CPUd my questions one more time. I doubt he will answer my direct question with a direct answer.

Why are you derailing this thread? This stuff is important to know and is essentially aginst freedom of religion- very dangerous. if you don't believe it, then find counter info and post it.

And Justin Amash is on board with Liberty and Freedom-

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-28-2017, 06:19 PM
Why are you derailing this thread? This stuff is important to know and is essentially aginst freedom of religion- very dangerous. if you don't believe it, then find counter info and post it.

And Justin Amash is on board with Liberty and Freedom-

Why are you derailing what I am asking? This stuff is important to know. Their presence violates the forum rules. Ask them why they are derailing the entire forum. If you don't believe it, then go ahead and play their game. Nobody is making you read my posts.

CPUd
01-28-2017, 06:21 PM
https://twitter.com/yasminehm/status/825157791266512897

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-28-2017, 06:25 PM
https://twitter.com/yasminehm/status/825157791266512897

Neg rep.

CPUd
01-28-2017, 06:25 PM
https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/825438460265762816

Influenza
01-28-2017, 07:14 PM
really, tinosman and northcarolinaliberty post the most bullshit i've ever seen on this forum. Haven't seen them post anything of substance AT ALL on RPF

nikcers
01-28-2017, 07:24 PM
The executive order also suspends visa entry into the U.S. from seven countries that have predominately Muslim populations. They include: Syria, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Libya, Sudan and Yemen.

The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was a neoconservative[1][2][3] think tank based in Washington, D.C. that focused on United States foreign policy.

“We're going to take out seven countries in 5 years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw

timosman
01-28-2017, 07:33 PM
really, tinosman and northcarolinaliberty post the most bullshit i've ever seen on this forum. Haven't seen them post anything of substance AT ALL on RPF

What a terrible people these two must be. I am glad people like CPUd and Zippy exist on this forum.

nikcers
01-28-2017, 07:42 PM
What a terrible people these two must be. I am glad people like CPUd and Zippy exist on this forum. Timosman I thought you were from the UK, why didn't you vote for breakfast?

CaptainAmerica
01-28-2017, 07:46 PM
Same shit that happened in 1800 with the Barbary Coast of muslims except our previous president decided to fast track and importation of thousands of foreigners without knowing who they are..... Jefferson was not playing nice with the barbary pirates(muslims) to pay them ransom money in the 1800s, and neither should we be required to reward nations that want nothing to do with our way of life. Why should america kiss the ass of countries that dont give a shit about this country except to take welfare money? Im not against immigration,Im against immigration that is not civil and threatens the lives of americans, especially if we import hundreds of thousands of people who have views that don't even allow the idea of liberty to be respected for the individual. Call my ideas bullshit, but sorry importing 60-100 thousand people from very radicalized areas is a sure way to destroy any future here.If you want that, then you should move into their neighborhoods and enjoy what you get.I dont know anyone with half a brain that wants to live in the south Phoenix area where illegal immigrants have turned entire neighborhoods into shit holes!

nikcers
01-28-2017, 07:50 PM
if we import hundreds of thousands of people who have views that don't even allow the idea of liberty to be respected for the individual. I hate to break it to you but the enemy is already here.

CaptainAmerica
01-28-2017, 08:15 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/27/trump-signs-executive-order-for-extreme-vetting-refugees.html

Cites as examples terror attacks on 9/11 and San Bernardino. Except the 9/11 attackers were mostly from Saudi Arabia which is not on the list and the San Bernardino attacker was US born but had links to Pakistan- also not on the list. It would have had zero impact on those events. Many of the predominately Muslim countries in the Middle East not listed have had some sort of business tie with Trump in the past.

http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/history/topics/gw-and-the-barbary-coast-pirates/

Just a little history here....the Barbary Coast pirates were muslim...their extortion and form of "treaty" was ransom or death if the muslim "authority" was not respected. Its the same shit today just different story. Jefferson sent ships by letter of marquee and a marine expedition to retrieve americans that had been held hostage,and turned into slaves in Tripoli when he became president. America is sensitive now, and cannot grasp the fact that as much as we would like to help, its pretty obvious our own place is full of problems already .I am not advocating more war. I think america needs to get the Hell out of the middle east and stop paying for everyone else.this isnt a piece of pie for the world to eat......we have lives, and im sick and tired of our country having to pay for the corporations, and immigrants of the world,and other countries that live off our backs using nanny state programs,and welfare.rant out.It isn't wrong to say we as a nation have a right to deny entry of immigrants...it has nothing to do with morals, it has to do with A) are we capable of paying off debt and getting people off welfare? B) is our national security threatened in any way shape or form from immigrants from certain ideological regions? This is where Ive departed from most people.....Im tired of the bullshit, I hear a 74 year old veteran telling me he cant even get medical care ,but people who arent even here legally that hopped over the border can reap from our taxes

CaptainAmerica
01-28-2017, 08:17 PM

one enemy is here already, yes....the globalists.

I hate to break it to you but the enemy is already here.

specsaregood
01-28-2017, 08:25 PM
https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/825438460265762816

Last I checked, Canada was over 80% white, 10%Indian and 10% of all other races. Pfft to them lecturing about diversity, they are welcome to all the refugees.

nikcers
01-28-2017, 08:36 PM
one enemy is here already, yes....the globalists.

Yep, and Trump is one of em. The only way out of "the club" is death.

timosman
01-28-2017, 08:38 PM

That's all cool. All we want is them being nicer to us. The current behavior is unacceptable. :cool:

CaptainAmerica
01-28-2017, 08:38 PM

so far he has not made globalist policies,but has done the opposite. What he truly is will reveal in a matter of months. Im giving him a chance though ,hoping he gets us out of the middle east

01-28-2017, 08:59 PM
ACLU just was granted a temporary stay on the EO. Everyone held in the airports is being released. Anyone with a valid visa gets in.

Federal judge says the case "has a strong likelihood of success".

timosman
01-28-2017, 09:02 PM
ACLU just was granted a temporary stay on the EO. Everyone held in the airports is being released. Anyone with a valid visa gets in.

Federal judge says the case "has a strong likelihood of success".

What a clusterfuck! Who ordered this?

nikcers
01-28-2017, 09:04 PM

Federal judge says the case "has a strong likelihood of success". It's so great to have so many pillars. Glad we can keep some Iranians here while we go to war with Iran, it will make it easier to motivate us with terrorist attacks.

nikcers
01-28-2017, 09:05 PM
What a cluster$#@!! Who ordered this? The ones who orchestrate the false flags.

nikcers
01-28-2017, 09:08 PM
so far he has not made globalist policies,but has done the opposite. What he truly is will reveal in a matter of months. Im giving him a chance though ,hoping he gets us out of the middle east WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK HE MEANT BY TAKE THE FUCKING OIL?? I KNOW YOU ARE NOT THAT FUCKING STUPID, IF YOU ARE THAT STUPID KILL YOURSELF DON'T TAKE US ALL DOWN WITH YOU. THIS IS NOT LOCKER ROOM TALK.

CPUd
01-28-2017, 11:05 PM
Canadian dual citizens exempted from Trump’s travel ban

Canadian citizens will be allowed to enter the United States even if they also hold citizenship in countries targeted by President Donald Trump’s travel ban, a top Trump adviser told the Canadian government late Saturday.

The word from National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, relayed to the media by Canada’s Washington embassy, ended a day of confusion and turmoil over a vaguely worded Trump policy that had appeared to ensnare tens of thousands of Canadian citizens and abandon 150 years of border tradition.

“The prime minister instructed our National Security Adviser, Daniel Jean, who was in touch over the course of the day with NSA Flynn to seek further clarification.

Flynn confirmed that holders of Canadian passports, including dual citizens, will not be affected by the ban,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s office told reporters. “We have been assured that Canadian citizens travelling on Canadian passport will be dealt with ‎in the usual process.”
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/01/28/passport-holders-of-7-muslim-majority-countries-cant-board-air-canada-flights-to-us.html

CaptainAmerica
01-29-2017, 12:14 AM
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/01/28/passport-holders-of-7-muslim-majority-countries-cant-board-air-canada-flights-to-us.html

They have legal documentation, big deal?

CaptainAmerica
01-29-2017, 12:18 AM
I meet canadians all the time in Arizona. I've worked in multiple jobs where I consistently meet people from B.C., Alberta, Ontario etc...., and they never have a problem providing identification when paying for stuff at the register. I am from mexican-american grandparents, my grandmother lives in an old part of town,shes 84, all her neighbors are now illegal immigrants many who are part of the drug cartels and have false documents...YES the drug cartels now operate on my grandmas neighborhood as of the last 5 years...............................unbelievable bs., they have turned her block into a complete dump...and they have no respect for her because they view her as less than themselves despite her being a nurse during ww2 in a burn unit treating soldiers,and her brother was an airborne in korea. My grandma does not give one shit about race, she knows that many come here illegally from south of the border and just play the system,they get more benefits than shes EVER had ,and shes 84 and like i said she served with the greatest generation as a teenager helping burn unit soldiers during ww2. So im tired of this political correct BULLSHIT...

Krugminator2
01-29-2017, 12:38 AM
I don't see why restricting immigration from those countries is a big deal. I certainly don't see why it is unconstitional. How many people from Sudan make America better? Like Manute Bol maybe. I just named all of them. Their main export is AIDS. Somalia is a mess. They are savages. Sweden shows what a disaster Somali refugees are. They add no value. Even in the US you had that Somali kid stabbing people at OSU. Muslim refugees don't assimilate. I don't see them carrying around copies of Human Action.

I hate how the media portrays all immigrants like they are the same. They used Sergey Brin of Google as as their example of refugees. Russians are the single most successful immigrant group. Their are no Somali Sergei Brins. Allowing Russians, who assimilate, does make sense. Allowing Muslims, who think interest and a woman showing her ankle are suspect, maybe aren't ready for civilization yet.

timosman
01-29-2017, 12:42 AM
Is CPUd being rude for not answering direct questions? :confused:

CPUd
01-29-2017, 12:47 AM
https://i.imgur.com/MUGXdeW.jpg