PDA

View Full Version : Judge Nap: Trump’s executive order: It’s a first-ever, ‘TRULY revolutionary'

rprprs
01-23-2017, 07:16 PM
Fox News contributor Judge Andrew Napolitano said that President Trump’s executive order easing the burden of Obamacare was “truly revolutionary.”

He explained that the order instructed insurance companies to side with the individual over the government.

More (with video) here (http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/01/23/judge-napolitano-floored-trumps-executive-order-first-ever-truly-revolutionary-439236).

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-23-2017, 07:19 PM
I don't get it. Insurance companies look out for themselves, not the individual or the government.

Anyway, if it's forthcoming that I am not required to have the insurance I never had, don't want now, and will never want, then it'll be something. Until then, no interest.

I'll believe it when I see it.

rprprs
01-23-2017, 07:29 PM
I don't get it. Insurance companies look out for themselves, not the individual or the government....

Yes, and the article misquotes the judge on that point. The directive was not addressed to insurance companies, but rather to federal agencies.

(The video linked in the OP will make this clear.)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-23-2017, 07:36 PM
Yes, and I believe the article misquotes the judge. The directive was not addressed to insurance companies, but rather to federal agencies.

Yeah, the judge has to be more savvy than that.

Why were people so enamored with this ass clown (Don Trump)?* He repeatedly said he will "Repeal and replace Obamacare." Repeal AND replace Obamacare. Repeal AND replace Obamacare.

I am looking for the repeal only. Guess people missed that. :rolleyes:

This f*cking cocksucker will just restructure it to enrich his insurance buddies.

*Rhetorical question

Ender
01-23-2017, 08:39 PM
Yeah, the judge has to be more savvy than that.

Why were people so enamored with this ass clown (Don Trump)?* He repeatedly said he will "Repeal and replace Obamacare." Repeal AND replace Obamacare. Repeal AND replace Obamacare.

I am looking for the repeal only. Guess people missed that. :rolleyes:

This f*cking $#@! will just restructure it to enrich his insurance buddies.

*Rhetorical question

Tis true, tis sad; tis sad tis true.

nobody's_hero
01-24-2017, 06:51 AM
Well, if the mandate goes away, I won't be enriching anyone unless they've earned it through competition and having the best coverage plans for the best prices.

Then again, as some have pointed out, the pre-existing condition requirement, if it remains, could crash the insurance companies, and unfortunately, the 'cat's out of the bag' on that one.

CaptUSA
01-24-2017, 08:49 AM
Nap has to be very careful here. The important part of any executive order is NOT what it does, but the precedent it sets.

I'm not sure this sets any new precedents since the executive has always maintained their discretion as to which laws are enforced, but I do worry about how a future executive may interpret this. (it's pretty far-reaching... "Any fiscal burden?")

Jamesiv1
01-24-2017, 12:55 PM
DJ DonMaster Trump is going to make insurance great again!!!

undergroundrr
01-24-2017, 01:43 PM
The executive order should be used to:
a) Reverse ALL previous executive orders.
b) Ban any future executive orders.

jllundqu
01-24-2017, 01:45 PM
If they repeal the unconstitutional mandate portion of the ACA, I'll be happy.

The rest is just more big government bullshit

Zippyjuan
01-24-2017, 02:00 PM
The order is very vague so people don't know what it really means. It also calls for :

it is imperative for the executive branch to ensure that the law is being efficiently implemented,

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/20/text-president-trumps-obamacare-executive-order.html

devil21
01-24-2017, 02:03 PM
Invest in mortuaries.

And for those that had high hopes, Judge Nap is not on Trump's SCOTUS list.