PDA

View Full Version : WikiLeaks calls out Trump for refusing to release tax returns

CPUd
01-22-2017, 09:17 PM
WikiLeaks calls out Trump for refusing to release tax returns

WikiLeaks on Sunday took President Donald Trump to task for refusing to release his tax returns and offered to post them online, after a senior adviser said definitively that Trump would not be publicly disclosing the documents.

“Trump's breach of promise over the release of his tax returns is even more gratuitous than Clinton concealing her Goldman Sachs transcripts,” WikiLeaks wrote on Twitter.

The group also encouraged the leak of the documents. "Trump Counselor Kellyanne Conway stated today that Trump will not release his tax returns. Send them to: https://wikileaks.org/#submit so we can," another tweet read.

It was an interesting rebuke from WikiLeaks after Trump has appeared to side with founder Julian Assange in pushing back against U.S. intelligence officials’ conclusion that Russia President Vladimir Putin directed cyberattacks on Democratic targets in the U.S. to try to tilt the election Trump’s way.

Earlier on Sunday, Conway, the counselor to Trump, firmly said Trump will not be releasing his tax returns. Before he took office, Trump had used a different line, saying he couldn’t yet disclose the documents because they were under a routine audit.

In an interview on ABC's "This Week," Conway said the controversy over the tax returns was an attempt to re-litigate the presidential campaign.

"The White House response is that he’s not going to release his tax returns," Conway said.

"We litigated this all through the election. People didn’t care," Conway said. "They voted for him, and let me make this very clear: Most Americans ... are very focused on what their tax returns will look like while President Trump is in office, not what his look like."

Calls for Trump to disclose his tax returns have continued since his election, with critics saying the move would clarify whether he has any foreign conflicts of interest.

Trump's team has pushed back, arguing he's taken the necessary steps to separate himself from his business interests.

"President Trump and his family are complying with all the ethical rules, everything they need to do to step away from his businesses and be a full-time president," Conway said Sunday.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/wikileaks-trump-tax-return-234000

devil21
01-22-2017, 10:02 PM
Suddenly, all the people that were bitching for years about Obama keeping his records secret are now shouting about respecting Trump's privacy.

It's amazing watching how quickly the sheep flip and turn into hypocrites once their "Hope and Change" guy gets in. Browsing around the net the last couple days has been mind-bending. I'm not sure I can watch this cycle repeat again as the GOP cheers while Trump does everything they complained about for the last 8 years.

LibertyEagle
01-22-2017, 10:08 PM
While the libertines keep bitching and moaning and DOING nothing. Some things never change.

staerker
01-22-2017, 10:12 PM
Suddenly, all the people that were bitching for years about Obama keeping his records secret are now shouting about respecting Trump's privacy.

It's amazing watching how quickly the sheep flip and turn into hypocrites once their "Hope and Change" guy gets in. Browsing around the net the last couple days has been mind-bending. I'm not sure I can watch this cycle repeat again as the GOP cheers while Trump does everything they complained about for the last 8 years.

I believe all government officials should be subject to complete transparency, but I think Wikileaks is choosing their battles very poorly on this one.

They have just begun to expose an international pedo ring, built rapport with a sympathetic US President, and are jeopardizing that over tax returns.

However, there is a possibility that Trump is involved, and if Wikileaks has reason to believe that, then I will be wrong.

devil21
01-22-2017, 10:15 PM
See? ^^^

Don't fall into the groupthink. Trump promised to release his tax returns. Now he's not. Don't find excuses.

If anyone's feet NEED to be held to the fire it is Donald Trump. He's made a lot of lofty promises. He also has the ability to pull a bunch of authoritarian shit while the people cheer. We knew Obama was a snake. GWB made a lot of campaign promises too and how did that turn out? Trump could be great if he decides to be a true patriot. He could also be the worst thing to happen to this country in a long, long time if he thinks he can get away with shit.

staerker
01-22-2017, 10:22 PM
See? ^^^

Don't fall into the groupthink. Trump promised to release his tax returns. Now he's not. Don't find excuses.

If anyone's feet NEED to be held to the fire it is Donald Trump. He's made a lot of lofty promises. He also has the ability to pull a bunch of authoritarian $#@! while the people cheer. We knew Obama was a snake. GWB made a lot of campaign promises too and how did that turn out? Trump could be great if he decides to be a true patriot. He could also be the worst thing to happen to this country in a long, long time if he thinks he can get away with $#@!.

I agree that he should be pressured/forced to release his tax returns. But not by Wikileaks, is my point.

devil21
01-22-2017, 10:38 PM
I agree that he should be pressured/forced to release his tax returns. But not by Wikileaks, is my point.

Anybody that's trying to hold him accountable is a-ok in my book. I don't care who it is.

LibertyEagle
01-22-2017, 10:42 PM
We all should be vigilant, yes, and watch closely what he does, but this petty shit is stupid.

devil21
01-22-2017, 10:45 PM
We all should be vigilant, yes, and watch closely what he does, but this petty shit is stupid.

Is this really how you want him to start his administration? Knowing he can walk back promise after promise while you make excuses for him? That's the opposite of vigilance.

A wise man once said, "If you subsidize something, you will only get MORE of it!" (psst, he's in your avatar)

enhanced_deficit
01-22-2017, 10:51 PM
That could be inside job/false flag call to make them appear bi-partisan after libs accused WL of causing HIllary's defeat with leaks about DNC insiders cheating Sanders and media insiders passing debate questions to Hillary campaign.

WikiLeaks calls out Trump for refusing to release tax returns

Ender
01-22-2017, 10:51 PM
Is this really how you want him to start his administration? Knowing he can walk back promise after promise while you make excuses for him? That's the opposite of vigilance.

A wise man once said, "If you subsidize something, you will only get MORE of it!" (psst, he's in your avatar)

^^THIS^^

LibertyEagle
01-22-2017, 10:55 PM

:rolleyes: Grow up.

I care about what he does that impacts our country. That, I plan to watch closely. I don't give a shit about his tax return.

devil21
01-22-2017, 11:00 PM
:rolleyes: Grow up.

I care about what he does that impacts our country. That, I plan to watch closely. I don't give a shit about his tax return.

I suspect I'll be reading many variations of that post; broken campaign promises you don't give a shit about. At least until the "great wall" goes out the window and no mass round-ups occur. Yet you will cheer as E-verify morphs into our FEDERAL ID CARDS....to catch those illegals, dontchaknow.

JK/SEA
01-22-2017, 11:05 PM
Let me see...the IRS is involved in tax returns, so now all of sudden we love the IRS?....

If i were Trump, i'd tell all these statist big government lovers to kiss my ass...

just me...

devil21
01-22-2017, 11:10 PM
Let me see...the IRS is involved in tax returns, so now all of sudden we love the IRS?....

If i were Trump, i'd tell all these statist big government lovers to kiss my ass...

just me...

You do realize the IRS has clear constitutional authority to enforce taxation against corporations, yes? Equating Trump's pledge to release his financial information to supporting the IRS is one of those mental gymnastic exercises I already posted about.

spudea
01-22-2017, 11:13 PM
don't care never cared. I've never looked at any presidential candidate tax returns.

oyarde
01-22-2017, 11:19 PM

just me...
Ya I could never release mine . If someone was bright enough they may discover I cheated .

Ender
01-22-2017, 11:24 PM

just me...

I think the point is: Is Trump going to keep his word? On anything? Is everything a lie?

CPUd
01-22-2017, 11:27 PM
I think the point is: Is Trump going to keep his word? On anything? Is everything a lie?

I think the technical term is now "alternative fact"

LibertyEagle
01-23-2017, 12:01 AM
I suspect I'll be reading many variations of that post; broken campaign promises you don't give a $#@! about. At least until the "great wall" goes out the window and no mass round-ups occur. Yet you will cheer as E-verify morphs into our FEDERAL ID CARDS....to catch those illegals, dontchaknow.

You flunk as a mind-reader. Be sure and not give up your day job.

devil21
01-23-2017, 03:38 AM
You flunk as a mind-reader. Be sure and not give up your day job.

I hope you are right! Call me jaded if if I'm skeptical.

Lock her up? As if DJT would put the mother of Ivanka's bff in jail. lol Get fuckin' real. Anyone that fell for that horseshit was duped from the start.

TheCount
01-23-2017, 04:54 AM
If you look at Wikileaks' twitter feed, it's pretty amazing how fast people have turned on them for daring to question American Messiah 2.0 (3.0?)

silverhandorder
01-23-2017, 05:29 AM
Too show how rediculous liberals in this thread are. I never gave a shit about Obama certificate. Neither did large majority of Republicans. :) Not that I begrudge the ones that did. For a lot of us we hope he never shows his personal stuff because we love seeing liberals cry and whine.

H. E. Panqui
01-23-2017, 07:33 AM
staerker offers: I believe all government officials should be subject to complete transparency, but I think Wikileaks is choosing their battles very poorly on this one.

They have just begun to expose an international pedo ring, built rapport with a sympathetic US President, and are jeopardizing that over tax returns.

:rolleyes:

...[....ugh...constant, load after load of republicrap...anyone not an idiot can deduce that the very loudest trump apologists/cheerleaders would be the loudest in condemnation of any 'liberal democrat' doing the same thing as trump vis a vis 'tax return$'...the roles of these sickening d's and r's would shift seamlessly were 'the foe on the other shoot'..

...c'mon!...all the folks at rpf, even the r and d apologists/cheerleaders here, are [hopefully] better than this...there are already waaaaaaay too many forums dominated by republicrat cheerleaders/stooges who drag the quality of ideas down...

...as one wag put it, 'with 'libertarians' like this, who needs republicrats'...;)

phill4paul
01-23-2017, 07:38 AM
If he promised to release them as soon as the audit was finished, he should release them as soon as the audit is finished. Not doing so makes him a liar and those that support him should at least admit that fact.

LibertyEagle
01-23-2017, 07:57 AM
I hope you are right! Call me jaded if if I'm skeptical.

Lock her up? As if DJT would put the mother of Ivanka's bff in jail. lol Get $#@!in' real. Anyone that fell for that horse$#@! was duped from the start.

There you go again. Spewing without getting your facts straight. It was the supporters who started the LOCK HER UP mantra. Trump didn't stop it, no, but then again, Ron didn't clarify when so many of his supporters misunderstood and thought he wanted the whole abortion thing to be left up to the states.

LibertyEagle
01-23-2017, 08:03 AM
If he promised to release them as soon as the audit was finished, he should release them as soon as the audit is finished. Not doing so makes him a liar and those that support him should at least admit that fact.

Yeah, he should. But, this isn't my interest. Given the state of our country, my eyes will be on stopping the illegal alien invasion of our country and the associated handouts, foreign policy, renegotiating or getting out of rotten trade deals, etc.

TheCount
01-23-2017, 08:10 AM
Yeah, he should. But, this isn't my interest. Given the state of our country, my eyes will be on stopping the illegal alien invasion of our country and the associated handouts, foreign policy, renegotiating or getting out of rotten trade deals, etc.How can you expect him to follow through on large promises if he can't manage to make good on simple things?

Ender
01-23-2017, 08:15 AM
How can you expect him to follow through on large promises if he can't manage to make good on simple things?

YOU CAN'T.

LibertyEagle
01-23-2017, 08:15 AM
How can you expect him to follow through on large promises if he can't manage to make good on simple things?

Let's watch, shall we?

JK/SEA
01-23-2017, 11:56 AM

no, he won't keep his word on ANYTHING...we're all fucked. Its better if we all fall to the ground and weep like little children while he sticks it up your ass....

and yes, everything is a lie, including all Trump haters.

JK/SEA
01-23-2017, 12:00 PM

you'll NEVER be able to expect anything from Trump, which is why i will kick in a thousand bucks to your Presidential campaign because you know everything, and God knows we need a know-it-all in the White House...get busy.

TheCount
01-23-2017, 12:04 PM
you'll NEVER be able to expect anything from Trump, which is why i will kick in a thousand bucks to your Presidential campaign because you know everything, and God knows we need a know-it-all in the White House...get busy.When I am President, I promise to fund research for Butthurt Syndrome in order to assist the millions, such as yourself, who suffer from it every day of their lives.

JK/SEA
01-23-2017, 12:11 PM
When I am President, I promise to fund research for Butthurt Syndrome in order to assist the millions, such as yourself, who suffer from it every day of their lives.

typical liberal. Wants to tax people for inane, and ignorant programs.

JK/SEA
01-23-2017, 12:14 PM
You do realize the IRS has clear constitutional authority to enforce taxation against corporations, yes? Equating Trump's pledge to release his financial information to supporting the IRS is one of those mental gymnastic exercises I already posted about.

you do realize that Ron Paul wants to eliminate the IRS, right?...

wait, you're not really a part of this liberty idea. My apologies.

pcosmar
01-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Let's watch, shall we?

And this is me.

Lets hope he surprises.

Ender
01-23-2017, 12:20 PM
no, he won't keep his word on ANYTHING...we're all $#@!ed. Its better if we all fall to the ground and weep like little children while he sticks it up your ass....

and yes, everything is a lie, including all Trump haters.

Uh.... I'm not weeping like a child- I didn't vote for anyone in this stupid race- is Trump a liar or not?

And Trump lovers/apologizers/worshippers can also stick it where the sun don't shine.

JK/SEA
01-23-2017, 12:24 PM
Uh.... I'm not weeping like a child- I didn't vote for anyone in this stupid race- is Trump a liar or not?

And Trump lovers/apologizers/worshippers can also stick it where the sun don't shine.

you must have gone to that BIG protest then....lots of whiners in that crowd, including people who looked like they were going to set themselves on fire. You must be proud to be have been part of that, if not in spirit....

and most of them probably didn't vote either...like-minded eh?...

Ender
01-23-2017, 12:25 PM
you must have gone to that BIG protest then....lots of whiners in that crowd, including people who looked like they were going to set themselves on fire. You must be proud to be have been part of that, if not in spirit....

What's with you and your insults? Always thought you were cool. :confused:

Ender
01-23-2017, 12:26 PM

Sonny Tufts
01-23-2017, 12:33 PM

If Ron Paul thinks the government can rely on voluntary contributions, he's not really a part of this reality idea.

TheCount
01-23-2017, 12:35 PM

wait, you're not really a part of this liberty idea. My apologies.I'm sorry, it appears that your butthurt is terminal.

JK/SEA
01-23-2017, 12:43 PM

i am cool...

just fighting back.

i voted for Trump. No secret, but i will fight back all those that want to question my decision using smarmy language and insults...

the fucker hasn't been in office 2 days yet, and you and all the other libs in here are going off the rails, and have been off the rails for several months now...

JK/SEA
01-23-2017, 12:44 PM
I'm sorry, it appears that your butthurt is terminal.

i'd rather be butt-hurt, than have my nose up hillary's butt like you.

JK/SEA
01-23-2017, 12:47 PM
If Ron Paul thinks the government can rely on voluntary contributions, he's not really a part of this reality idea.

thankyou Sonny for giving us your 'volutary contribution' to the RON PAUL forum denegrating Ron Paul...

brushfire
01-23-2017, 12:48 PM

Why not? If its such a good idea, of so much of a benefit to so many, why would it be so hard to convince voluntary participation/contributions?

Usually, for folks who find this idea hard to fathom, they also find "limited government" hard to fathom as well. Being everything to everyone, a welfare state to all, seems to be an impossible goal when based on voluntary contribution.

If one is convinced that big government is the answer, they also accept that power must come from the barrel of a gun. Because its much more difficult to get people to do things on their own free will.

...just my observation. I'm with Ron Paul - our government's size should be dictated by the governed, and what the governed are willing to personally contribute.

JK/SEA
01-23-2017, 12:52 PM
Why not? If its such a good idea, of so much of a benefit to so many, why would it be so hard to convince voluntary participation/contributions?

Usually, for folks who find this idea hard to fathom, they also find "limited government" hard to fathom as well. Being everything to everyone, a welfare state to all, seems to be an impossible goal when based on voluntary contribution.

If one is convinced that big government is the answer, they also accept that power must come from the barrel of a gun. Because its much more difficult to get people to do things on their own free will.

...just my observation. I'm with Ron Paul - our government's size should be dictated by the governed, and what the governed are willing to personally contribute.

yep...it seems a few in here don't realize what the 16th Amendment was, and why Ron wants it over turned.

pcosmar
01-23-2017, 12:57 PM

If government can not,, it should starve to the point that it can.

pcosmar
01-23-2017, 01:01 PM
i am cool...

just fighting back.

i voted for Trump. No secret, but i will fight back all those that want to question my decision using smarmy language and insults...

the $#@!er hasn't been in office 2 days yet, and you and all the other libs in here are going off the rails, and have been off the rails for several months now...

I get that.. but most here are not fighting you.

I like what I see so far,, and I am skeptical of Trump. (neither for or against) and cautiously optimistic.

I like what I am seeing on the first day..

but I'll still watch my 6,, thank you very much.

Sonny Tufts
01-23-2017, 02:02 PM
our government's size should be dictated by the governed, and what the governed are willing to personally contribute.

In a way, it already is. I don't see a massive movement to abolish Social Security, Medicare, the military, interstate highways, national parks, or most of the other things the government does and that the governed seem to want. Nor do I see a movement to abolish taxes, which were authorized from day one (see Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution).

JK/SEA
01-23-2017, 02:02 PM
I get that.. but most here are not fighting you.

I like what I see so far,, and I am skeptical of Trump. (neither for or against) and cautiously optimistic.

I like what I am seeing on the first day..

but I'll still watch my 6,, thank you very much.

on another 'forum' i said i will give this new Toga Party one year before i go off the rails...if i need to,

and like you said, i like what i'm seeing so far. He's no Ron Paul, we all know that, but you gotta admit, he's got em shaking in their boots, and i'm loving it....so far.

JK/SEA
01-23-2017, 02:08 PM
In a way, it already is. I don't see a massive movement to abolish Social Security, Medicare, the military, interstate highways, national parks, or most of the other things the government does and that the governed seem to want. Nor do I see a movement to abolish taxes, which were authorized from day one (see Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution).

the idea of taxes was born out of the idea of having a strong military defense....kinda got bastardized over the years dontcha think?...i don't think Ron Paul was against the original idea of having a tax for defense.

pcosmar
01-23-2017, 02:14 PM
the idea of taxes was born out of the idea of having a strong military defense....

Nope.
It was to pay for WAR.. after the fact.

It was WW1,, a war we should have never been in (and was opposed at the time) that gave us both a Standing Army and Income Tax.

Lincolns War was much the same,,, Conscription, Taxation to pay off the Banks that started the war.

brushfire
01-23-2017, 02:14 PM

Its funny the effect that coercion (gun to the head) has on people. Those promise checks MUST be cashed, and there's no other way to do it but through the barrel of a gun. I've paid a lot into Social Security - IMO, the government owes me my fking money. Will I get it? Probably not - I doubt it. Also, I've been debating on getting some photos of the rusted bridges here in IL. They had a clever idea - paint the bridges rust color, and you dont have to maintain them - MUH ROADS!

I say, let people vote with their dollars. If they don't want to buy into social security, medicare, military, highways, national parks, unisex bathrooms - let them decide.

A toll is a fair example of people voting with their dollars. The irony... I pay taxes and tolls :/

Who here thinks water is a good idea? People pay $1-$2 for a bottle of the stuff, and nobody makes them do it... Why not use the tap? The government provides utilities - they're "Free!"

Ender
01-23-2017, 02:15 PM
i am cool...

just fighting back.

the $#@!er hasn't been in office 2 days yet, and you and all the other libs in here are going off the rails, and have been off the rails for several months now...

I don't care if you voted fro Trump & my only reply to you was answering YOUR swarmy insult. ;)

I am going to question Trump- if he lies or goes back and forth on his word, I'm gonna call him on it- BUT, like you, I also hope for the best and pray that Trump is NOT the egomaniac he seems but will actually serve the people and move us toward Liberty.

And BTW- TheCount is no lefty- he is Sarcasm Supreme; I enjoy his dryness.

That said I also enjoy your posts and, as stated, pray for the best.

Ender
01-23-2017, 02:18 PM
Nope.

It was WW1,, a war we should have never been in (wnd was opposed at the tie) that gave us both a Standing Army and Income Tax.

Yep.

WWI was a border skirmish that we should have stayed out of- if we had it would had ended quickly & WWII/Hitler etc would never have happened.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-23-2017, 02:23 PM
I'm sorry, it appears that your butthurt is terminal.

Neg rep. Retarded posting.

devil21
01-23-2017, 02:48 PM

What does that have to do with Trump walking back a pledge? This thread isn't even about the IRS though since Conway admitted that the IRS audit excuse was a smokescreen.

Personal attacks are a poor deflection.

I suspect that Trump's taxes are going to be the next version of Obama's birth certificate. The funny part is both do not exist. Obama's BC doesn't exist because he wasn't a securitized tax slave in the first place and Trump's taxes don't exist because Trump, the man, is broke and Donald does not file taxes like the securitized tax slaves do. The Donald J Trump Inc entity holds all of the assets. Donald, the man, holds nothing. Neither of those bits of info can be disclosed to the securitized tax slaves, lest they start to realize how they've been screwed by the bankers for a long time.

Sonny Tufts
01-23-2017, 02:50 PM
Nope.

Wrong war. One of the reasons Congress was given the power to tax by the Constitution was to help pay off the loans taken out during the Revolution, some of which were in default because some of the States wouldn't pony up under the Articles of Confederation.

JK/SEA
01-23-2017, 02:52 PM
What does that have to do with Trump walking back a pledge? This thread isn't even about the IRS though since Conway admitted that the IRS audit excuse was a smokescreen.

Personal attacks are a poor deflection.

I suspect that Trump's taxes are going to be the next version of Obama's birth certificate. The funny part is both do not exist. Obama's BC doesn't exist because he wasn't a securitized tax slave in the first place and Trump's taxes don't exist because Trump, the man, is broke and Donald does not file taxes like the securitized tax slaves do. The Donald J Trump Inc entity holds all of the assets. Donald, the man, holds nothing.

not an issue.

move along.

TheCount
01-23-2017, 03:40 PM
i'd rather be butt-hurt, than have my nose up Hillary's butt like you.Let it go. The campaign is over. Hillary is a non-issue now, and forever in the future. This about Trump and what he is doing or not doing for the country. There's no more 'WELL BUT HE'S BETTER THAN.'

Fuck's sake, this is going to turn into Obama supporters where everything was Bush's fault 6 goddamn years into his presidency, isn't it?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-23-2017, 03:47 PM
Let it go. The campaign is over.

Then why are you still here? It's obvious that you ARE NOT the "supporting member" you claim in your avatar. Your candidate lost.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-23-2017, 03:48 PM
This about Trump and what he is doing or not doing for the country.

No, this is about you being an anti-liberty pest on a liberty site. Neg rep.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-23-2017, 03:49 PM
Fuck's sake, this is going to turn into Obama supporters where everything was Bush's fault 6 goddamn years into his presidency, isn't it?

Not sure what that means, but you voted for Obama twice, right!

Tywysog Cymru
01-23-2017, 04:09 PM
Yep.

WWI was a border skirmish that we should have stayed out of- if we had it would had ended quickly & WWII/Hitler etc would never have happened.

I agree with the part about staying out, but the War was bound to last for a long time.

pcosmar
01-23-2017, 06:40 PM
Wrong war. One of the reasons Congress was given the power to tax by the Constitution was to help pay off the loans taken out during the Revolution, some of which were in default because some of the States wouldn't pony up under the Articles of Confederation.

Was not income tax.

and it was minimal.
And like Government itself is a necessary evil,, and should be limited.. so with tax.
The less they have, the less can be misused.

Sonny Tufts
01-23-2017, 10:12 PM
Was not income tax.

and it was minimal.
And like Government itself is a necessary evil,, and should be limited.. so with tax.
The less they have, the less can be misused.

The power to tax given to Congress in I.8.1 included the power to impose an income tax, which is why the constitutionality of the Civil War income tax was upheld 33 years before the 16th Amendment came along.

The people get only the level of tax they are willing to accept.

JK/SEA
01-24-2017, 12:50 PM
Let it go. The campaign is over. Hillary is a non-issue now, and forever in the future. This about Trump and what he is doing or not doing for the country. There's no more 'WELL BUT HE'S BETTER THAN.'

neg rep....

JK/SEA
01-24-2017, 12:52 PM
The power to tax given to Congress in I.8.1 included the power to impose an income tax, which is why the constitutionality of the Civil War income tax was upheld 33 years before the 16th Amendment came along.

The people get only the level of tax they are willing to accept.

i'm opposed to Trump showing his tax returns based on the ideal that the IRS should be abolished...

not to mention that the IRS is now a biased and politically motivated liberal institution...

robert68
01-24-2017, 03:47 PM
The lower standard for Trump:
Many public officials must share their tax returns. Why not the president? (https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/many-public-officials-must-share-their-tax-returns-why-not-the-president/2016/08/17/196e2b8c-63f2-11e6-be4e-23fc4d4d12b4_story.html?utm_term=.34f23bfd6fd5)
By Mark A. Patterson

The debate over Donald Trump’s tax returns overlooks an important point: The lack of any mechanism to require presidential candidates to disclose their returns means that our system holds candidates for the nation’s highest office to a much lower standard than many applicants for lesser federal positions.

Dozens of nominees to Cabinet- and sub-Cabinet-level positions in the Treasury Department, Social Security Administration, Department of Homeland Security, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative and other agencies are required to submit their tax returns to the Senate, where they are reviewed by the relevant Senate committee, sometimes working with the Joint Committee on Taxation.
The tax-review process of the Senate Finance Committee, which has jurisdiction over nominations to multiple executive branch agencies, is particularly stringent. The committee requires nominees to submit tax returns for the most recent three years, and if any concerns are identified in those returns, the committee may require the nominee to provide returns covering the past 10 years. The committee staff also conducts interviews of nominees. If the committee determines that a nominee’s taxes have not been paid in full, it offers a choice: The committee can release a public report detailing the noncompliance and require immediate payment of those amounts, or the nominee can withdraw and the committee will keep the tax information confidential.

... Over the past eight years, Republican senators and staff have devoted a tremendous amount of time and energy to scrutinizing the tax returns of President Obama’s nominees. Many of these nominees were required not only to submit multiple years of returns, but also to answer dozens of detailed questions about sources of income, deductions, investments, tax treatment (and immigration status) of domestic employees and other topics.

CPUd
03-14-2017, 07:11 PM
Someone leaked a 2005 return to Rachel Maddow, she's posting it tonight.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/841808877935046658

https://twitter.com/jennablan/status/841808776873299972

CPUd
03-14-2017, 07:14 PM
He Mad

https://twitter.com/Geospatech/status/841818012810416128

03-14-2017, 07:31 PM
Now Trump is all butthurt because everyone knows he didn't make as much money as he claimed.

Zippyjuan
03-14-2017, 08:30 PM
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/trump-tax-returns-maddow/519600/

On the Tuesday night broadcast of her eponymous show, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow revealed his most recent returns yet: the president’s 1040 form from 2005. The document shows him paying roughly $38 million in taxes on $150 million in income that year. She credited David Cay Johnston, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and Daily Beast columnist, with obtaining the documents through an anonymous source in his mailbox.

The White House’s ire notwithstanding, the 2005 return isn’t really a bombshell. The two pages show tax information one would expect for someone with Trump’s wealth and businesses. He paid roughly $5.3 million under regular federal income tax guidelines—a pittance for someone with his reported fortune—but also paid $31 million in what’s known as the “alternative minimum tax,” bringing his federal payment that year to about 25 percent of his income.

Trump’s tax plan released during his campaign vowed to eliminate “the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) while providing the lowest tax rate since before World War II.” One thing the return does reveal is that, at least in 2005, that change might have lowered Trump’s effective tax rate from 25 percent to just 4 percent.

The Wall Street Journal previously reported that Trump granted a conservation easement in 2005 that could have wiped out as much as $39.1 million in taxable income—a step likely timed to offset gains that year. The form released on Tuesday shows more than $103 million in deductible losses, perhaps including that easement. It also shows that Trump checked the box for $3 of his taxes to be funneled into the presidential election campaign fund—in a year when fewer than one in 10 filers did the same.

The biggest questions around Trump’s taxes—the sources of his income, the nature of his investments, and the deductions he’s claimed among them—aren’t answered on these two sheets of paper released on Tuesday night. If answers to them exist in Trump’s tax forms, they’re on the schedules, forms, and supplemental materials that accompanied them. And unless someone chooses to mail them to a journalist like Johnston, or Trump decides or is compelled to release them on his own, those questions will persist.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-14-2017, 10:39 PM

Thank you for your informative addition to the discussion!

oyarde
03-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Now Trump is all butthurt because everyone knows he didn't make as much money as he claimed.

Thats more than I thought it would be , the income and the tax . Looks like he should have had me on the payroll . I could have helped him keep more .

fr33
03-14-2017, 10:54 PM
He paid too much. If he paid too little I'd defend him for doing so. The IRS should be starved to death.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-14-2017, 11:14 PM
All of the jealous people who want his money citizens have a right to know!

phill4paul
03-15-2017, 09:06 AM
neg rep....

Neg. rep. countered.

AuH20
03-15-2017, 10:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C67wdK3WcAEh88L.jpg

phill4paul
03-15-2017, 10:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C67wdK3WcAEh88L.jpg

Liberals are having conniptions over this non-starter.

shakey1
03-15-2017, 11:43 AM
I was under the impression that disclosure of returns wasn't a requirement, rather volunteered by candidates as a courtesy(?)