PDA

View Full Version : Nominee To Head DHS Has Never Heard Of U.S. Indefinite Detention Law

anaconda
01-17-2017, 02:40 PM
John Kelly says this at 2:02 in the video. This is surreal to me. Mind boggling. More significantly, why isn't this a huge story? Why didn't the Dems try to embarrass Trump with this?

Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qELnUtPDvZw

bunklocoempire
01-17-2017, 04:28 PM
John Kelly says this at 2:02 in the video. This is surreal to me. Mind boggling. More significantly, why isn't this a huge story? Why didn't the Dems try to embarrass Trump with this?

Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qELnUtPDvZw

Thoughts..
This crap is perfectly acceptable to democrats who believe, if I'm not mistaken, that:

Man is flawed, therefore to help and protect the flawed man, power must be centralized and directed by flawed men, who are prompted to do so by mobs of other flawed men.

euphemia
01-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Judging from what I hear in other hearings, it would seem most Democrats are not into actual legislation. They are more into posturing and voting themselves more money.

anaconda
01-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Seems almost like hypothetically finding out that an Attorney General nominee had never heard of Miranda Rights or something.

dannno
01-17-2017, 05:22 PM
Well,,, at least he disagrees with it..

anaconda
01-17-2017, 05:26 PM
Well,,, at least he disagrees with it..

This monumental gaffe seems to have flown under the MSM radar.

timosman
01-17-2017, 05:31 PM
This monumental gaffe seems to have flown under the MSM radar.

Radar? They have a radar?:rolleyes:

Brian4Liberty
01-17-2017, 06:00 PM

Thoughts?

Doesn't fit any of their agendas. There is no propaganda initiative to file it under.

Now if he had never heard of global warming, #BLM, Aleppo, Hamas or Crimea, then they could build it up into a controversy.

MallsRGood
01-17-2017, 11:39 PM
How about..

There's no difference between Dems and GOP, and everyone saying otherwise is either lying or the poor, sad victim of the lie.

anaconda
01-17-2017, 11:44 PM
Doesn't fit any of their agendas. There is no propaganda initiative to file it under.

Now if he had never heard of global warming, #BLM, Aleppo, Hamas or Crimea, then they could build it up into a controversy.

Dems could charge that Trump appointed an incompetent imbecile, whether he actually is or not. And that this reflects poorly on Trump's judgement. Or maybe John Kelly was doing Andy Kaufman style performance art and was only pretending not to know. That would be super cool, next-level type stuff.

timosman
01-18-2017, 12:05 AM
Dems could charge that Trump appointed an incompetent imbecile, whether he actually is or not. And that this reflects poorly on Trump's judgement. Or maybe John Kelly was doing Andy Kaufman style performance art and was only pretending not to know. That would be super cool, next-level type stuff.

Do you have more than one account on this site?:rolleyes:

anaconda
01-18-2017, 12:07 AM
Do you have more than one account on this site?:rolleyes:

Negative. Have I unwittingly plagiarized someone's style?

PursuePeace
01-18-2017, 12:27 AM
So, my cynicism has me wondering if he's just playing like he's ignorant on this subject, or is he sincerely unaware?
Hard to tell.

timosman
01-18-2017, 12:29 AM
So, my cynicism has me wondering if he's just playing like he's ignorant on this subject, or is he sincerely unaware?
Hard to tell.

I think he sincerely is at least to a point where he does not want to put a foot in his mouth. Ignorance is bliss.

anaconda
01-18-2017, 02:58 PM
Bump for nominee never heard of indefinite detention. LOL

euphemia
01-18-2017, 03:24 PM

Or he is merely demonstrating he is not a government tick, and has proven executive experience. It's not like Trump's nominees have any kind of need to be in government.

anaconda
01-19-2017, 02:43 AM
Or he is merely demonstrating he is not a government tick, and has proven executive experience. It's not like Trump's nominees have any kind of need to be in government.

What type of vigilant citizen does not know about indefinite detention? He has failed as a citizen.

euphemia
01-19-2017, 06:51 AM
A lot of people don't know about it, especially if they have been busy about their own lives and running businesses.

fisharmor
01-19-2017, 07:05 AM
Just yesterday I ran into someone who didn't know that taxation is theft. Not everyone is plugged into Liberty sites and I can excuse them for not knowing about indefinite detention. It certainly has not been something that has been hammered into everyone's head.

anaconda
01-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Not everyone is plugged into Liberty sites and I can excuse them for not knowing about indefinite detention. It certainly has not been something that has been hammered into everyone's head.

It was an extremely widely circulated news story. Lots of common people know about it. Should be a no brainer for a cabinet nominee.

anaconda
01-19-2017, 01:42 PM
Just yesterday I ran into someone who didn't know that taxation is theft.

CNN, Fox, and MSNBC did not repeatedly run a story that "taxation is theft." They did, however, saturate the media with the story of Obama signing the indefinite detention law.